Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Just watching Hollyoaks MusicShow and in the background saw Hollie Jay Bowes, I think she must be returning full time,well, I hope so!

Yer, I would love to see her back full-time. She is a good character, so funny. I loved her relationship with Barnsey:D lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    I like that too, they seem to have characters in the background or in shop more now as well. It really does make going from scene to scene much smoother and creates an actual village vibe!

I like how much they can say with just a look.
    It also keeps storylines bubbling on, when they're not the main plot, rather than vanishing for months with no explaination.
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should, and what I believe they will do, is show him be single and independent for a while.

For the longest time, he seemed to only feel validated when part of a relationship. Some of the things he said when Noah cheated on him, like now it had happened, he finally felt good enough for Noah, were horribly depressing.

Keep him single and independent for now, then see where they take Brendan over the next few months.

I think their relationship is far from over but they have a lot of time to devote to Brendan's self-loathing before we get there.

I agree. I think the only way forward is for Ste to be independent and I really hope HO don't throw in another curveball like Noah, which will only alienate viewers.

On a shallow note, I quite like camp, perma-tanned Ste. Very nice to look at!
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    The point of Ste to me, whether you like him or not, is that he's important to Brendan. Because they're very alike, because he's been on the receiving end of violence from a parent and passed that on to someone else, he's pretty much the only person who has any chance of getting Brendan to face up to the fact he needs to change. And even if their own relationship can't be patched up, there's no way Brendan can move on with any other man until he sorts out his mess. Whoever he gets with, he'll just treat them like crap, and hit them the moment they place demands on him. And I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping HO are going to show us BB sorting himself out, one way or another, cos he's such a great character.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I agree. I think the only way forward is for Ste to be independent and I really hope HO don't throw in another curveball like Noah, which will only alienate viewers.

:D Absolutely! Great just to have a young good-looking guy around the village who's convincingly gay without overplaying it. He's grown up into a very nice butterfly. ;)
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I wouldn't buy another Noah at all. I didn't buy it the first time and I definitely wouldn't now.

One way or another, I think Ste and Brendan will be linked until Emmett decides to leave, and to have either of them move on for real whilst the other is about, isn't very believable for me. They could cast the best actor in the world as the new Noah and I still wouldn't believe it.

And he's lovely indeed. :cool:
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    If they do cast a new Noah it'll probably be that murse (not nurse) that Lynsey and Cheryl liked.

I hope they don't do that though, as that really will be going 'round in circles. And while others don't like the way the current story is going around in circles I don't mind it. If they recycle a previous chapter in the story then that'll cause some real damage to the storyline.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I don't get the fuss about "camp" Ste - was he not a camp-ish sort of lad when he larked around at Relish or at Il Gnosh? Difference is he's gay now. He's still a far cry from Kieron Richardson even if they share a sexuality. Whilst he's been underwritten at times - particularly when ill-matched with the awful Noah - Ste's one of the best characters in the show.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I don't get the fuss about "camp" Ste - was he not a camp-ish sort of lad when he larked around at Relish or at Il Gnosh? Difference is he's gay now. He's still a far cry from Kieron Richardson even if they share a sexuality. Whilst he's been underwritten at times - particularly when ill-matched with the awful Noah - Ste's one of the best characters in the show.

He always seemed camp to me, which is why I found it hard to take him seriously when he was being abusive towards Amy (which everyone seems to have forgotten).
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I deffo think that Hollie-Jay Bowes is back at Hollyoaks. She's always tweeting about 'being at work'. Unless she has a proper non acting job?
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    He always seemed camp to me, which is why I found it hard to take him seriously when he was being abusive towards Amy (which everyone seems to have forgotten).

It's been mentioned a fair few times. Personally I thought that was a very strong storyline for Hollyoaks - the scene where Ste cut off all Amy's hair will always stick in my mind.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    It's been mentioned a fair few times. Personally I thought that was a very strong storyline for Hollyoaks - the scene where Ste cut off all Amy's hair will always stick in my mind.
    That was one of the most truly shocking scenes I have ever seen in any soap.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with oaks, brilliant week IMO, I love how they are slowly getting Brendan involved in the Lynsey/Silas SL who imo have being fantastic this week especially Karen, glad to see her in so many scenes, she has being so underused lately. Also enjoyed the Sinead/Bart/Jason stuff, I want Bart and Jason to be together and loved the last scene with the adele music esp the scene when Sinead walks into the house and Diane was making a coffee
    Brill stufff
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    I think maybe the problem is, we're not still meant to be watching. It's a teen soap. We're all meant to have graduated onto Enders or something. But some of us have longer memories and more staying power. :p

Hollyoaks was always meant to be aimed at late teens, early twentysomethings. However it's likely judging by the breakdown for the Channel 4 overnights this group makes up less than half of Hollyoaks viewers now when it use to be far more.

If Hollyoaks really wants to boost ratings they need decent characters in this age range to win back that audience . If those characters then appeal to a younger or older audience then that is a plus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching "Niall plots revenge" week on youtube last night, and fell in love, again.

They was some really clever writing in that. Giving Myra six questions with a life on each question was something I was not expecting nor even thought of before it happened in the show!
    The one thing I did realise last night while watching it, which I didn't realise when it was on-screen or the other times I've watched it, is that Newt and Lauren were the two worst actors in those episodes :o I didn't realise that before!! And saw a lot of Calvin's flaws too :o I wasn't on the forum at the time of these episodes so I don't know everyone else's opinion but I'd like to hear if you agree. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this jason/bart/sinead storyline over nothing really got resolved the only thing different is that bart and sinead split, jason wants it all his way, he wants to be with bart and still be jason, he should have to have the ultamatium of does he follow his heart and be uncomfortable in his body as jasmin but be with bart or stay as he is and have this storyline bloody drag on for ever and is it me or is will really sexy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory22 wrote: »
    is this jason/bart/sinead storyline over nothing really got resolved the only thing different is that bart and sinead split, jason wants it all his way, he wants to be with bart and still be jason, he should have to have the ultamatium of does he follow his heart and be uncomfortable in his body as jasmin but be with bart or stay as he is and have this storyline bloody drag on for ever and is it me or is will really sexy?

I hope it's not over. I'm team Jason.....
    Love to see Jason and Bart become a couple... I think they can make it work. The storyline has come so far, would be a terrible waste if the S/L wasn't resolved.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Out of curiousity does anyone know how well Abi Phillips (Liberty) single did? Summer Sunshine, I think it was called.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charlie x wrote: »
    I hope it's not over. I'm team Jason.....
    Love to see Jason and Bart become a couple... I think they can make it work. The storyline has come so far, would be a terrible waste if the S/L wasn't resolved.

i am team jason too, but it annoys me how they make it all about jason, jasmine cant have it both ways, id love to see jasmine back if only for a short time, back to get her man!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    that Newt and Lauren were the two worst actors in those episodes :o I didn't realise that before!! And saw a lot of Calvin's flaws too :o I wasn't on the forum at the time of these episodes so I don't know everyone else's opinion but I'd like to hear if you agree. :)

They were awful and I thought that when the episodes aired. I also hated Theresa and Anita when they were introduced later that year! Although saying that they had to fill some pretty impressive shoes having the previous set of teens and indeed the teens before those were really impressive. Hannah, Sarah, Nancy, John Paul, Craig and then Amy, Micheala, Josh, Fletch, Sasha and Sonny;- All of which had pretty big storylines or were involved in pretty big storylines! So having only Theresa to have lasted of the 'Newt & co' teens, proves that they weren't that great! ;)

I also hated Newt, the character and the actor were pretty dire! :cool:

I've got to say though, 2010's teens have worked really well! Sinead, Bart, Jason and Ruby have all had their own storylines whilst Seth, whose actor cannot act, is a character which I really prefer to not have much screen time. My only issue is with Esther not having much screentime as she is by far the best of the teens, imo! :D

Loving Hollyoaks at the moment, Karen Hassan is amazing! So convincing, although why can Silas just wander into the flat if all these doors are locked and such? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooops wrong thread.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    dory22 wrote: »

I hope Bart/Jason are not over for good. It is a very interesting storyline and the actors have good chemistry. :)Sinead and Bart are not right for each other, would like to see her with someone else.

I think Will is sweet, Theresa is better with him than the awful Ethan.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh i thought that abi phillips single summer sunshine was really good, i havn't been able to stop singing it all summer :o

And i really really love hollyoaks at the minute , however i really do not want theresa to be silased, or any of the McQueens for that matter, they are by far the best family in hollyoaks and i adore them all, with theresa being one of my favourites, so i would be gutted if she left.
    However i dont think she will as she tweeted yesterday about being at work so she couldnt go to V fest and still talks to all the cast all the time, also how does silas intend on kidnapping/killing theresa from a club in view of loads of people, without getting himself found out ? if he does he will definately be exposed as there were so many people in that club, i have a feeling this is another one of those fake death spoilers to put us off the trail as with the amy one released before fire week .
    I hope so anyway :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilash wrote: »
    I hope Bart/Jason are not over for good. It is a very interesting storyline and the actors have good chemistry. :)Sinead and Bart are not right for each other, would like to see her with someone else.

I think Will is sweet, Theresa is better with him than the awful Ethan.:mad:

Agree with all of this post :)
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    05autyt wrote: »
    Ooooh i thought that abi phillips single summer sunshine was really good, i havn't been able to stop singing it all summer :o

And i really really love hollyoaks at the minute , however i really do not want theresa to be silased, or any of the McQueens for that matter, they are by far the best family in hollyoaks and i adore them all, with theresa being one of my favourites, so i would be gutted if she left.
    However i dont think she will as she tweeted yesterday about being at work so she couldnt go to V fest and still talks to all the cast all the time, also how does silas intend on kidnapping/killing theresa from a club in view of loads of people, without getting himself found out ? if he does he will definately be exposed as there were so many people in that club, i have a feeling this is another one of those fake death spoilers to put us off the trail as with the amy one released before fire week .
    I hope so anyway :(

But she is also tweeting about London as well! I'm really not sure!
    Maybe this is why they are bringing back Michela as Theresa is leaving?
This discussion has been closed.