Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few days ago I paid 129.9p

I was forced to pay 152 p at some garage north of the Forth Bridge last week .An unfortunate blend of desperate near- empty tank car driver meets canny Scot garage owner.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does James O'Brien keep saying the word 'notion' all the time? :rolleyes: Zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does James O'Brien keep saying the word 'notion' all the time? :rolleyes: Zzzzzzzzzzz

It's his peculiar pronunciation of 'cult-chah' that's been driving me mad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's just plain 'rancid'

- another from his overused word portfolio
  • Options
    Dr DaveDr Dave Posts: 5,184
    Forum Member
    Edited for having a pop at the wrong presenter! :o
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    He sounds exactly like Robert Kilroy Silk, (wonder what he's doing now?)
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nick was talking this morning about the price of petrol. I am one of the saddos that has kept a log of my petrol price, miles I have drive, the amount I have filled up with and my mpg and litres pg since September 2004 when I was paying 79.9pl A few days ago I paid 129.9p

Capitalism, Martin. Capitalism. :D
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    I notice he's really digging into Peter Andre at the moment, it's almost abuse. I think he does it as he knows he can get away with it. I listen in sometimes if i'm up early.

SA started to go downhill rapidly for me when he said "Let's hang her!" on air, about Paris Hilton, a few years ago.

Granted, I think she's a bit of an airhead too, but the 'story' he was commenting on, was a complete non-story, something like "Paris Hilton buys some shoes".

He could've easily ignored this article of tabloid trash, but instead he used it to say, with quite some vitriol in his voice "Let's hang her!".
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Capitalism, Martin. Capitalism. :D

Previous Government's increase in fuel duty. This Government have said they would not impose it - at least until the General Election.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was forced to pay 152 p at some garage north of the Forth Bridge last week .An unfortunate blend of desperate near- empty tank car driver meets canny Scot garage owner.

Just buy the minimum amount you need to get to 'civilisation' and normal fuel prices !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest RAJARs tomorrow. I wonder if the novelty of having Clegg on board has put Ferrari back on his pedestal as London's premier breakfast show. Cleggie actually did rather well at today's PMQs. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiodad wrote: »
    This kind of thing fascinates me as well, just out of interest how much has your fuel bill increased for a month since then ? (Assuming you do around the same amount of miles)

My costs have gone down, because those 'lovely' petrol companies have reduced the price of fuel from an all time high of 138.9 in April 2012 to 129.9 !!
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My costs have gone down, because those 'lovely' petrol companies have reduced the price of fuel from an all time high of 138.9 in April 2012 to 129.9 !!

I don't use the stuff for my vehicle.
    I just plug it in for an hour or two after each outing.
    No road tax either. You should think about it, Martin.
    Mind you, your trips to Portsmouth might take slightly longer.
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just plug it in for an hour or two after each outing.

How much has your electricity bill increased over the past few years? ;)
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy the minimum amount you need to get to 'civilisation' and normal fuel prices !!

That would be about two-and-a-half tanks of fuel!

Seriously, though, having recently returned from North of the Border, I have to say I was quite surprised at how high the fuel prices were there.

Less demand, I suppose, although considering the Scottish Pound is traditionally of slightly higher value than our own Sterling, along with proximity to the offshore oilfields, it did rather surprise me at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much has your electricity bill increased over the past few years? ;)

To compensate for the electricty I use for the mobility scooter, I now wash up by hand instead of using the dishwasher. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now wash up by hand instead of using the dishwasher. :p

As you are probably only washing up for one (until I get my invite for supper!), then that is not a great hardship !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newspapers pay for 'exclusive' interviews such as the one Iain has recorded with Tia Sharp's grandmother. I wonder if LBC paid her, and how much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you are probably only washing up for one (until I get my invite for supper!), then that is not a great hardship !

Never you mind how many I wash up for! ;)
    But you're right. No hardship at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed.

It was a bit self inflicted but just couldn't hack another stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if LBC paid her, and how much.

An old 'bug in the mug' and a romp with Duncan.

..tops
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ventured out of the LBC thread today into the radio section and found this other thread:

Radio listings (Capital, LBC and a few rarer ones) - 1985-1993

I didnt realise how mixed the programming was between Crown FM and London Talkback. For example at 9am you had Brian Hayes on Crown FM up against Pete Murray on Talkback.
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    I ventured out of the LBC thread today into the radio section and found this other thread:

Radio listings (Capital, LBC and a few rarer ones) - 1985-1993

I didnt realise how mixed the programming was between Crown FM and London Talkback. For example at 9am you had Brian Hayes on Crown FM up against Pete Murray on Talkback.

When the two stations settled down into Newstalk and Talkback, it worked fairly well. During the day, there was a clear difference in tone between what you heard on each station. The Brian Hayes show on Crown FM was intended to be less of a phone-in & I believe calls were only taken in the last hour. By that point, Pete Murray would have moved onto something else other than a general phone-in.
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed same old callers calling using different names but same viewpoints.
    On anthony davis show for instance a guy called, Paul for instance just called in there was a terry who called in who sounds familiar.What's going on with lbc, same old claptrap.
    Big lbc switch off.Had enough of this pathetic station.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Previous Government's increase in fuel duty. This Government have said they would not impose it - at least until the General Election.

Oh my....and no other government ever increased fuel duty. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.