Options

Anybody here feel sorry for Anna Windass

Comments

• Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Yes, because wven though she can be an awful character and I know we joke and take the p***, you wouldn't seriously wish those kind of injuries on anybody. I know how much pain I was in when I had second degree burns from an incident with a glue gun, so I can understand how much worse someone with Anna's injuries would be.

You are right no one would wish those injuries on a real person, but a fictional character is just that a fictional character nothing more nothing less.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, because wven though she can be an awful character and I know we joke and take the p***, you wouldn't seriously wish those kind of injuries on anybody. I know how much pain I was in when I had second degree burns from an incident with a glue gun, so I can understand how much worse someone with Anna's injuries would be.

I agree. I also thought she did the scene really well.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    You are right no one would wish those injuries on a real person, but a fictional character is just that a fictional character nothing more nothing less.

Exactly. The problem with Anna is they made her so unlikeable as a character I really couldn't give a monkeys about her now :D
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Of course.

I can't think of anyone fictional (or even real) that I would wish to suffer from that type of injury.

It's called empathy.

Something a lot of people seem to lack on here when it comes to Anna.

Personally I felt sorry for her, and actually like her as a character.
  • Options
    BlondeGremlinBlondeGremlin Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I've worked on the Burns unit so I have sympathy with anyone suffering that type of injury. However, I really dislike Anna as a character so I wish they'd gone a step further and killed her off. Kevin too.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    davejc64 wrote: »

I know, but some of the backlash I have read regarding the pisstake comments regarding Anna has been unbelievable and makes you wonder who is unable to separate fact from fiction :D
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sunshine we can separate FICTIONAL characters getting burn't from kids left homeless in Calais and are forced to live beneath railway bridges which happens in real life

Capiche?
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Exactly. The problem with Anna is they made her so unlikeable as a character I really couldn't give a monkeys about her now :D

Same here. Who cares about a character who is neglectful and abusive to her child?
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for her situation, it is awful and I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Can't stand the character though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunshine we can separate FICTIONAL characters getting burn't from kids left homeless in Calais and are forced to live beneath railway bridges which happens in real life

Capiche?

No need to be agressive. Obviously touched a nerve there.
  • Options
    James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, but some of the backlash I have read regarding the pisstake comments regarding Anna has been unbelievable and makes you wonder who is unable to separate fact from fiction :D

If you want unbelievable you should check out the writers who churn the reality stretchers out every day that has turned me into a bitter piss taker. I can't tell fact from fiction anymore as a result of their constant barrage of bullshit.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since your the person trying to get the last word???

People have pointed out it is a fictional character. Which part don't you understand?
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've worked on the Burns unit so I have sympathy with anyone suffering that type of injury. However, I really dislike Anna as a character so I wish they'd gone a step further and killed her off. Kevin too.

I wanted to speak to somebody who had worked on a burns unit, BlondeGremlin; can you tell me if it would have been nursing practice to put a cage over Anna's legs, to stop the bedclothes chaffing her burnt legs, or anyone accidentally knocking against them?
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Anna, I think she's very realistic as a character. She reminds me of my mum, nice enough on the surface but mess with her kids and she'll rip you bits!

She makes mistakes and lets her gob run away with her just like real people do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I like Anna, I think she's very realistic as a character. She reminds me of my mum, nice enough on the surface but mess with her kids and she'll rip you bits!

She makes mistakes and lets her gob run away with her just like real people do.

I dont know anyone in real life who decides to move into their boyfriend's house even though it means their daughter has no bedroom, and with no discussion or warning.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

Plus she'll be recovered soon enough, thanks to the magic private room and tubes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know anyone in real life who decides to move into their boyfriend's house even though it means their daughter has no bedroom, and with no discussion or warning.

Why would Faye have no bedroom? Amy Barlow has a sizeable sleeping space in the front room (as did Sean at Eileens and I'm assuming Freddy did when bunking up at Tyrone's?), it doesn't any effect on the rest of the house given the back room being used as a sitting room, so it's more than likely that Anna had assumed they would do the same for Faye. Lets not pretend that Anna and Kevin moving in together was dreamed up purely as an afterthought to try and cement them as a couple prior to her accident. It came from nowhere but there was method in the writers madness.
  • Options
    James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Faye have no bedroom? Amy Barlow has a sizeable sleeping space in the front room (as did Sean at Eileens and I'm assuming Freddy did when bunking up at Tyrone's?), it doesn't any effect on the rest of the house given the back room being used as a sitting room, so it's more than likely that Anna had assumed they would do the same for Faye. Lets not pretend that Anna and Kevin moving in together was dreamed up purely as an afterthought to try and cement them as a couple prior to her accident. It came from nowhere but there was method in the writers madness.

I think there's a difference between a sleeping space and a bedroom that affords the privacy you are entitled to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a difference between a sleeping space and a bedroom that affords the privacy you are entitled to.

I completely agree but the same still applies. Amy Barlow sleeps in a downstairs bedroom without a murmur from anyone so it hardly makes Anna a terrible mother when Ken, Tracy, Steve and Michelle are all happily doing the same.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's says a lot that the show has to go to such extreme lengths to try and create a bit of sympathy for Anna that they have to slap 3 degree burns on her.

They are always trying to ram Anna down viewers throats as a sympathetic character. And sympathetic is about as near as the character could ever get near being likeable!!!:D

She's a vicious, petty vindictive selfish soul who couldn't be likeable to a rottweiller with a pork chop necklace.

Instead of squandering so much precious viewers time on nasty, humourless Anna, it might be great if they came up with more stories and scenes with the characters that have a bit of life in them. Jesus, is it really really that complicated????
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You should try harder to differentiate the two though. :)

The character and the actress are two completely different people. I like the actress. She does a wonderful job making Anna so awful. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You should try harder to differentiate the two though. :)

The character and the actress are two completely different people. I like the actress. She does a wonderful job making Anna so awful. :D

I like the actress too. I also liked her RL daughter when she appeared in EE recently as Kyle's friend Soph.

I didn't explain fully in my post, but I was referring to the comments in some of the other threads where some people were behaving like posters were monsters for not being sorry over what had happened to Anna, some even implied such people would wish such injuries on people in real life. In the past I have been on threads where people have accused posters of not liking an actor or actress because they don't like a character and treating it like you are personally insulting the person playing the role. I didn't go into this detailed explanation as many of the people posting here were also on the other threads about Anna and I wrongly assumed they would make the connection. That's all. X
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the actress too. I also liked her RL daughter when she appeared in EE recently as Kyle's friend Soph.

I didn't explain fully in my post, but I was referring to the comments in some of the other threads where some people were behaving like posters were monsters for not being sorry over what had happened to Anna, some even implied such people would wish such injuries on people in real life. In the past I have been on threads where people have accused posters of not liking an actor or actress because they don't like a character and treating it like you are personally insulting the person playing the role. I didn't go into this detailed explanation as many of the people posting here were also on the other threads about Anna and I wrongly assumed they would make the connection. That's all. X

Understood SecretLifeoBees. :):) Agree with you as well.
  • Options
    RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for her, I am one of the few who like Anna and I wouldn't wish anyone to have injuries she has.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The front room would be absolutely fine, except that in Kevin's house the kitchen and dining room are together, so without the front room they would have nowhere to sit except the kitchen/diner, which doesn't sound very practical.
    Also, Faye would still be sharing because there are only two bedrooms in Kevin's house and three children.

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/13_Coronation_Street