Options

Why on Earth shouldn't Angie Best mention about health stuff like the lymph nodes?.

13»

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,300
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    And yet this person has a license to practice professionally???

What kond of professional body granted her license?
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,857
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes, her son also reminded her, though jokily, that he already knew about the not drinking for a couple of days to give his liver a chance to regenerate so really didn't need to hear it from her.

Of course he already knows. Can you inagrine how many times he has had that lecture during his lifetime from her? Especially given what happened to his Dad. He probably knows more about the liver than any other organ in the body and most people unless medically trained.

To answer the OP though, of course she can talk anout anything she wishes. But she has to exoect other people not to respond well and either answer her back, bitch about it behind her bsck, or use it as grounds to nominate her.

I have to say in that exchange I have some sympathy with her. Having a child with a father who was an alcoholic must be a genuine source of anxiety. I can imagine how she must be constantly fearful that he will go the way of his Dad and t be over sensitive to the nerest hint of alcohol abuse. I think it natural for a mother to be fearful in those circumstances.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably the LA University Of New Age Dippy Hippy Quackery or some such place.

She has absolutely no medical training and just spouts new age hippy bollox with about as much base in reality as the tooth fairy
  • Options
    PotNoodleMonkeyPotNoodleMonkey Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dippydolly wrote: »
    I'm sure she said that if you bounce your lymph nodes bump together to help drainage? Did i hear that correctly? :(

I think she's talking about rebounding therapy and it's effects on the lymphatic drainage system (Trampolining, skipping, jumping, etc). I don't think there is specific science to back it up, however, it has helped people with certain illnesses.

That said, I do agree with everybody that Angie is such an insufferable bore who rams her knowledge down people's throat even when they are clearly not interested. I think if she had more of a warmer, sunnier disposition about her, she might be able to connect with the likes of Coleen. But, she has zero lack of awareness or genuine interest in people.

Instead, all she is doing is basically using a bunch of folks on national TV to grandstand her knowledge in the hope it will bring more work her way. I hope she goes first, tbh.
  • Options
    Me-CheetahMe-Cheetah Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should only offer advice if someone asks for advice.

I wonder how Angie would feel if someone told her that she was an uptight killjoy with an unhealthy fixation on her son.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Probably the LA University Of New Age Dippy Hippy Quackery or some such place.

She has absolutely no medical training and just spouts new age hippy bollox with about as much base in reality as the tooth fairy

Are they the ones currently offering a magazine part-work with all you need to become a Charlaton? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me-Cheetah wrote: »
    You should only offer advice if someone asks for advice.

I wonder how Angie would feel if someone told her that she was an uptight killjoy with an unhealthy fixation on her son.

She'd say "Don't speak to me like that baby girl" :D
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    Oooo - thanks for the pressie Buns, now I'm embarrassed I didn't get you anything :blush:

Instead I'll send you a pic of Lloyd George in the bath (I don't even know what that means or where it comes from but my Dad used to say that to people and 'people' seemed well chuffed with it) :D
    Wasn't he that old bloke who looked like Einstein? :D
    Your typos do make me giggle :D

That one reminded me of the Gendarme in Ello Ello ;)
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is on her high horse preaching at people about health issues in a really annoying way. She just gets more irritating each day. We all know smoking and a bad diet is not good for you but no one needs it rammed down their throats in such a patronising way
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Apart from that - how obnoxious was she when she said to James that if they gave Stacy what she wanted, she wouldn't learn!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Apart from that - how obnoxious was she when she said to James that if they gave Stacy what she wanted, she wouldn't learn!

She spoke about Stacy like she was a primary school child rather than a middle aged mother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to say in that exchange I have some sympathy with her. Having a child with a father who was an alcoholic must be a genuine source of anxiety. I can imagine how she must be constantly fearful that he will go the way of his Dad and t be over sensitive to the nerest hint of alcohol abuse. I think it natural for a mother to be fearful in those circumstances.

Yes I can understand that too and somebody's child akways remains their child no matter how old they are. Calum probabky understands this, the need to protect and worry the addictive perspnality could be genetic, so humours the ad ice.

But it did seem clear that it was advice she had given him many times before which surely she knows.

And I think it is ondicative of her basic character and perspnality, that she will give the same advice repeatedly whether it is wanted or needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    Wasn't he that old bloke who looked like Einstein? :D

Your typos do make me giggle :D

That one reminded me of the Gendarme in Ello Ello ;)

It's this wretched new phone (I say new, I got it in October). I just can't get used to the auto correct on it! It keeps changing things to make them utterly bizarre and I don't check before posting!

Glad they amuse though....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rosie Red wrote: »

I know. :rolleyes: Why on earth does she think its her place to teach Stacy lessons? And who has been kow-towing to her? Nobody that I have seen. All Stacy seems to nave wanted is to be acepted and to be treated with common courtesy by the likes of Austin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's this wretched new phone (I say new, I got it in October). I just can't get used to the auto correct on it! It keeps changing things to make them utterly bizarre and I don't check before posting!

Glad they amuse though....

You did a couple this afternoon that made me smile too. Did you get it from MI5? It is like reading something typed on a simplified enigma machine. :D
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who chooses to go under the knife for no other reason than vanity ( knowing that all surgical procedures carries risks ) has no business preaching to others about the need to respect their bodies and health
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You did a couple this afternoon that made me smile too. Did you get it from MI5? It is like reading something typed on a simplified enigma machine. :D

That's how this feels sometimes! A simplified enigma machine. Love it.

I didn't knowingly get it from them but it would explain a lot....
  • Options
    InflammasomeInflammasome Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Not only is she really preachy, but she really has no idea what lymph nodes are or what they do. She is in no position to be giving advice to anyone.