Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Liz talks a lot but says nothing McLarnon - ugh.
    At least Dominic has an opinion. But still - ugh.

Fatima - how many seconds in will it be before she talks about being inspirational to kids and all her other oft used catchphrases?
    She's a nice woman, but she's SO serious.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dominic Holland!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Has he been off beating poor people in his absence, whilst telling them how wonderful his actor son is?! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Dominic Holland!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Has he been off beating poor people in his absence, whilst telling them how wonderful his actor son is?! :D

Didn't know Dominic had a son!
    Let alone a son who is an actor!!

You'd think he'd have mentioned it.

:D
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    O'Sullivan is about as acerbic and witty as a day old kitten, the man's a plank. For real wit, he should get Stuart Heritage on, or bring Ian Hyland back.

I like Kevin, but I can do without the kow-towing of C5 programmes. I haven't seen this week's TV review yet, but on last week's, he said he didn't think the new format of Gadget Show worked compared to the old, although then he described what fun it all was. Hmm...

On the plus side, he was the only person I saw on TV to speak out against the BBC's decision to drop Good Cop in the way they did, and added that by the time they got round to showing it, they'd killed the tension of the best drama of the year.
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Whats with Wrights obsession with Jeremy Kyle?:confused:

These days, I don't think he can handle the fact that Kyle is on US TV and he's not.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    On the plus side, he was the only person I saw on TV to speak out against the BBC's decision to drop Good Cop in the way they did, and added that by the time they got round to showing it, they'd killed the tension of the best drama of the year.

He said today it’s now the 2nd best drama of the year as he RAVED about Secret State.

He also did a good demolition job on The Young Apprentice which he revealed has been cancelled by the Beeb.
  • Options
    whirlingthunderwhirlingthunder Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Liz talks a lot but says nothing McLarnon - ugh.
    At least Dominic has an opinion. But still - ugh.

Fatima - how many seconds in will it be before she talks about being inspirational to kids and all her other oft used catchphrases?
    She's a nice woman, but she's SO serious.

That's what Fatima Bingo is for, playing along stops bad feeling towards a fundamentally decent woman. Dominic, on the other hand, should just be banned from TV. Matthew only has him on so he can appear reasonable in contrast. Liz is presumably there to represent the ill informed and inarticulate. She does it very well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good guests next week but lousey panel.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirsty seriously needs her hair colour changed back to brown. That light colour doesn't suit her at all.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Kirsty seriously needs her hair colour changed back to brown. That light colour doesn't suit her at all.

I agree. Thought she looked much better as a brunette.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    McMoron, Dominic and Fatima next week.....Jayzus Chroist, what a line-up!
    When Dominic is the highlight you're really in trouble. :sleep:

McMoron should be on a shot clock like in basketball, they extend to 24 seconds in possession but in her case it can be cut to, ooh 15 seconds before someone else has to jump in? I'm dreading Fatima's paper review, she can make even the good news stories sound bad.

I hope the lady from The Hour is good but aside from her the guests leave me cold. The show will be background noise at best.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    For a well read educated man, Wright took an extreme misinterpretation of Cameron's response to the Schofield ambush. There again his show has a so obvious leftist outlook that he picks any opportunity to slate or slant debate. This was classic. He had to accept by end that he had gone down the wrong path, but it was a ridiculous position to start a highly topical debate.
    Spot on. If anyone should apologise here it's Schofe/ITV to DC and the people named on the list as a result of his idiotic stunt.

Credible politicians have given TWS a wide berth for years, no wonder Wrighty's bitter. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    The discussion on the Young Apprentice was the part that really irritated me. Matthew Wright was so biased and rude to the caller called Jack.
    I too don't see any harm in the Young Apprentice. Those "kids" are not the average teenager, they are brighter and enthusiastic about getting into the world of business.
    They all know that Alan Sugar will be hard on them in the board room but they will expect that and probably enjoy the challenge.
    Matthew Wright made out that the youngsters were delicate innocent little children being set up by adults to punch each others lights out in a school playground.
    He is the one who constantly belittles children everyday on his show.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Matthew Wright made out that the youngsters were delicate innocent little children being set up by adults to punch each others lights out in a school playground.

That was pathetic. They can legally have sex when they’re 16, join the army (with parental consent) when they’re 16 but according to the sanctimonious Matthew, they can’t endure a critical word or two from an old man on a telly programme! Most of them on the show are 16 and 17 but to listen to MW on Friday you’d think they were all toddlers.
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    He is the one who constantly belittles children everyday on his show.

Quite so. There’s playing devil’s advocate for the purposes of the show and then there’s being a bloody hypocrite.

Shape up Wrighty - Your show is turning to shit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why the Facebook page's posts has become so muddled? Is it pssibl someone doesn#t like the idea of viewers making comment?
    Although like other here I have been irritated by the way MW sometimes handles issues and those who phone in, they have started to tackle a few more meaty issues..at least domestically recently which had been sadly lacking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matthew and Dominic actually agreed on a few things today!

:eek:
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That leg break Dominic Holland suffered was horrendous. All from riding those metal scooters too fast downhill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    That leg break Dominic Holland suffered was horrendous. All from riding those metal scooters too fast downhill.

That scar/wound was about the same length and look of my OH's full hip replacement! Mind OH was only in hospital 5 days and walking, with a frame, 2 days after op.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,192
    Forum Member
    Oh no, not Dom Holland:( Why do they keep getting this turd on?
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, not Dom Holland:( Why do they keep getting this turd on?

God knows. This show has become so repetitive that I've totally given up on it. Everything is the same: the same guests (Lowri Turner, Jeremy Edwards, Dominic Holland, Janet Ellis, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and that bald chap who SCREAMS one newspaper headline per episode); same news stories (Jimmy bloody Savile); same talking points; same audience (which I've moaned about enough in this thread - but will happily never see the geriatric, blonde curly-Sue with the Halloween eye make-up again!). The whole thing needs a revamp or some time off - it's not quite Loose Women yet but it's still pretty dire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I've stopped watching too, for the reasons above. Same guests, all rubbish, shouty idiots, and any intelligent contribution from Matthew Wright is so rare now as to not worth waiting for.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    God knows. This show has become so repetitive that I've totally given up on it. Everything is the same: the same guests (Lowri Turner, Jeremy Edwards, Dominic Holland, Janet Ellis, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and that bald chap who SCREAMS one newspaper headline per episode); same news stories (Jimmy bloody Savile); same talking points; same audience (which I've moaned about enough in this thread - but will happily never see the geriatric, blonde curly-Sue with the Halloween eye make-up again!). The whole thing needs a revamp or some time off - it's not quite Loose Women yet but it's still pretty dire.

I am so fully in tor-tall agreement (I appen tu be frum oop Nurth)....there is nothing I can add to your delicious (if not somewhat, sarcastic) comment
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or does everyone want to kick Dominics head in....just asking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stopped watching too, for the reasons above. Same guests, all rubbish, shouty idiots, and any intelligent contribution from Matthew Wright is so rare now as to not worth waiting for.
    thomscn wrote: »
    I am so fully in tor-tall agreement (I appen tu be frum oop Nurth)....there is nothing I can add to your delicious (if not somewhat, sarcastic) comment

:D Hopefully Wrighty or someone from the show will read these comments, take them on board and overhaul the show. My recommendation would be to put as many of the regulars (panelists, Cheshire Cat audience and bloody Simon the schoolteacher) as will fit on a barge, sail it out into the English channel and scuttle it. Until then, I'll only tune in if there's ever a really good guest on. At the current rate of averages, that may be some time in 2019, if the show is even still around then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Is it just me or does everyone want to kick Dominics head in....just asking

Get in line.
This discussion has been closed.