Options

Kate Ford will have to leave, won't she?

Comments

• Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Course she won't leave. She left last time 'for good' which is why they gave Toxic 15 years in jail.

She wanted to come back after 3 years cos she couldn't get any work.

She knows what life outside soap is like so she won't be wanting to do it again.

She's a terrible actress but someone upstairs in Corrie obviously likes her.

I think Kate has actually improved. She was shocking at one point but since they paired her with Rob, and then Tony I actually think she's become a half decent actress.

The issue is that Kate is forced to continually play Tracy in the same monotonous and one dimensional way. The character needs some serious development if Kate is in it for the long haul. Surely Tracy would be considered a legacy character? If so it's kind of ridiculous she hasn't been developed into a character worthy of continuing the Barlow name!!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I think Kate has actually improved. She was shocking at one point but since they paired her with Rob, and then Tony I actually think she's become a half decent actress.

The issue is that Kate is forced to continually play Tracy in the same monotonous and one dimensional way. The character needs some serious development if Kate is in it for the long haul. Surely Tracy would be considered a legacy character? If so it's kind of ridiculous she hasn't been developed into a character worthy of continuing the Barlow name!!

Long haul ...I think you will find Kate Ford has been in Corrie for at least twelve years..longer than quite afew of the characters ....I think Tracy is great...and certainly spices up Corrie...which is badly needed at the moment....
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way will they axe Tracy she will probably set Tony up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    Long haul ...I think you will find Kate Ford has been in Corrie for at least twelve years..longer than quite afew of the characters ....I think Tracy is great...and certainly spices up Corrie...which is badly needed at the moment....

Ok fair point. I guess i worded it wrong. What I meant is, if Kate Ford has indicated that she's committed to CS for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to sound ignorant here but not having read spoilers can someone tell me what is going on?Frame Tony for what is someone else going to get murdered?

As far as I know Tracy and Tony are plotting to take over the Rovers.Who they would get as customers is a worry though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to sound ignorant here but not having read spoilers can someone tell me what is going on?Frame Tony for what is someone else going to get murdered?

As far as I know Tracy and Tony are plotting to take over the Rovers.Who they would get as customers is a worry though.

There's going to be a fire at Carla's flat which Tracy has been tipped as starting in revenge for Carla lending Michelle and Steve the money to keep the Rovers, thereby spoiling all her plans.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. Another fire? I hope Carla is ok.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Lots of people do lots of bad things in soaps and get away with it,like Ronnie the murderer in EE and Lachlan the rapist in Emmer.

This kind of storyline dosn't always mean that they have to leave, as in life, sometimes people get away with things.

Exactly. Good point.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I hope she's killed off. I loathe her >:(

Bingo!!!!

Tracy of course, not Kate Ford!! ;)
  • Options
    CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand Tracy.
    Can't stand Tony.
    Couldn't stand Rob either.

There. That's my say. :D
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish she'd leave or be killed off, I've loathed her since Kate Ford took over the role. But it will never happen because TPTB love her & she knows that she'd be unlikely to get work if she left corrie (except in panto) Even if she was a fantastic actress the way she's written is so one dimensional she'd now be typecast as a panto style villain. I'd like to see the writers try & develop the character a bit & show a more vulnerable side but the current lot haven't got that much imagination.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people do lots of bad things in soaps and get away with it,like Ronnie the murderer in EE and Lachlan the rapist in Emmer.

This kind of storyline dosn't always mean that they have to leave, as in life, sometimes people get away with things.

Since when has he been a rapist, he had a grope & so is a sex offender, and a creep but hardly a rapist.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not as she is one of the few good things about CS. Tracy, Leanne, Tim, Sally, Todd and Carla are probably the only characters who I find interesting to watch these days.
  • Options
    pollysue1939pollysue1939 Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I would say this, but I like Tracy. She is like a pantomime villain, we boo and hiss at her but she always bounces back, the best thing about her is that she is never boring, like some I could mention.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    I wish she'd leave or be killed off, I've loathed her since Kate Ford took over the role. But it will never happen because TPTB love her & she knows that she'd be unlikely to get work if she left corrie (except in panto) Even if she was a fantastic actress the way she's written is so one dimensional she'd now be typecast as a panto style villain. I'd like to see the writers try & develop the character a bit & show a more vulnerable side but the current lot haven't got that much imagination.
    Why do so many people keep tediously repeating either this tired old line, occasionally alternating with the equally overused 'he/she knows where the bodies are buried' every time a character they don't like isn't axed on their say so? :kitty:
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    tony would make a good serial killer

Yeah let's not. We've been there so many times before. EastEnders is a different story. I actually want them to have a serial killer as they don't usually do stuff like that. But, Corrie we've had Richard Hillman, Tony Gordon, John Stape, Karl Munro, and Rob all in about the space of a decade. The latter two maybe not serial killers, but you can see my point;).

Back to the actual thread, I think Tracy will get off. I was thinking the other day that her days could be numbered. Stuart Blackburn killed off Carl King in Emmerdale, so anythings possible. Blackburn loves Tracy though! With Becky, Deirdre, Hayley, Peter, Tina, Rob, Katy, Owen, Dennis, Sylvia, Karl, Stella, Sunita & more having left over the past few years, and now Carla & Lloyd... Getting rid of a legend like Tracy is risky!:p.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not as she is one of the few good things about CS. Tracy, Leanne, Tim, Sally, Todd and Carla are probably the only characters who I find interesting to watch these days.

Leanne has been dragged down so much since she's been with Kal.

Maria is another good one, but she's basically now Corrie's answer to EE's Lola.

Love Tracy, Carla, Tim & Sally! With Peter & Rob leaving and Carla now taking a long break, it will be a shame if Tracy does go!

Can't stand Todd though;).
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I used to hate Tracey and her horrible grin but since she's been with sexy Tony I've really enjoyed watching her. I don't want her or Tony to leave. I hope they do end up with the Rovers Return and stick around long term. Tracey's appearance and wardrobe have improved lately too.

Tracey has been one of the few good things about Corrie of late! I like her and Todd together too!
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tracy the Firestarter
  • Options
    chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Tracy, I find her hilarious. Rather watch scenes with Tracy than Chesney and Sinead zzzz
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Why do so many people keep tediously repeating either this tired old line, occasionally alternating with the equally overused 'he/she knows where the bodies are buried' every time a character they don't like isn't axed on their say so? :kitty:

It's true for stereotype though :p but I do see your point.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Carl was more in self defence. He was going to rape her there and then. Ronnie had just been out of prison for a couple of months and that's a risky time for a new release from prison.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post Deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah Tracy's not going anywhere. I reckon it will be an accident.

Obviously, she is obsessed with Carla and is extremely jealous of her, which is why she considers killing her but in one photo, Tracy can be seen holding a candle. I reckon she will come to her senses and sneak back out of Carla's flat but probably not before she has dropped the candle or carelessly put it near something that could easily catch fire.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Nah Tracy's not going anywhere. I reckon it will be an accident.

Obviously, she is obsessed with Carla and is extremely jealous of her, which is why she considers killing her but in one photo, Tracy can be seen holding a candle. I reckon she will come to her senses and sneak back out of Carla's flat but probably not before she has dropped the candle or carelessly put it near something that could easily catch fire.

I think the same..a freak accident...and looking at the photo's Tracy looks genuinely horrified....