Options

Real Radio's transition to Heart

Comments

• Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sobeit wrote: »
    The advertisers are very good at getting their message across to people who are not really listening (catchy jingles, catchphrases, frequently repeating the advertisement etc). They have to be. Whether its on the radio, in a newspaper or magazine (but probably not so much the TV) the advertiser's art is to get its message across to people that are not lo there primarily to look at / hear the advert. I also take no notice of them but somehow they get through. There is an advert on this page while I am typing, I've not looked at it but someone had paid to put it there. (I probably have a different ad to you - mine's for 'Foxes Glorious' - no interest in what that is.)

Some years ago, and I don't know if its still the case, radio's share of advertising was low and the rates they could charge per listening were much lower than charged per reader / viewer by magazines, newspapers, TV etc. Maybe it was because the advertisers knew that it all went in one ear and out of the other.

There was a Thomas cook airlines advert on heart I heard the other evening. It is still stuck in my head! Maybe it's because I have never heard a Thomas cook airlines advert before? I dunno but it's done the trick.
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Oh course Heart cares about its product. As if heart wants things to go wrong with its station output, of course not! Mistakes happens, just like on TV channels with programmes fail to screen, as if the channel doesn't care. Things go wrong.

I would say Heart is most precious about that type of stuff! Bet it only happens once.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart is there main brand, I think they planning on putting that station everywhere in the country.
  • Options
    NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Black Box wrote: »
    To most people, they switch the radio on and it's there. End of story where they're concerned.

Arguably the best post in this thread. In my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard that the listener figures for Heart are out tomorrow from Rajar for the period of 30th December - 30th March, Wonder how the ex Real Radio stations have boost the numbers so I would like to see last weeks listener figures instead.
  • Options
    richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,900
    Forum Member
    Sobeit wrote: »
    There is an advert on this page while I am typing, I've not looked at it but someone had paid to put it there. (I probably have a different ad to you - mine's for 'Foxes Glorious' - no interest in what that .

I get "Claasic Rock T Shirts", I'd rather look at Foxes ;)

On Magic 1548 between 3 and 7 the Hive gas advert was on ALOT. That and the Hampson Hughes ones are my current faves, but definately overkill on Hive, sometimes twice in one break.
  • Options
    radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is often cheaper and easier to recruit new people and train them the "brands" way.

Agreed, theres always a few who resent the new company and moan about everything "We didn't do it like this when XX owned it". Old habits die hard as well.
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard that the listener figures for Heart are out tomorrow from Rajar for the period of 30th December - 30th March, Wonder how the ex Real Radio stations have boost the numbers so I would like to see last weeks listener figures instead.

They won't be known until Q2 results are out
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will tell us if Real has managed to keep hold of its listeners. Im not expecting good things from Q2 either. Q3 MIGHT have some good news somewhere.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,651
    Forum Member
    I've been listening Heart Tyne and Wear, and they've actually been playing raps :eek:
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Bet I can guess 😄😄😄😄😄😄
    Oh no Just realised IT CANT BE 😒after he spent ages inferring he was in the know that HEART WAS COMING MONTHS BEFORE WE ALL DID because he was in the trade when challenged by myself and a very well know presenter who posted in disguise to tell us how he knew all this he back-pedalled and went rather quiet ....oh and he also denied even saying he worked in radio too after all the comments disappeared ..a rather regular and sad occurrence

Oh, so he has been known to frequent Digital Spy then?
  • Options
    RobinCarmodyRobinCarmody Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I've been listening Heart Tyne and Wear, and they've actually been playing raps :eek:

Really? Gasp! Call the police!

"Rapper's Delight" is older now than "Heartbreak Hotel" was in 1990 and than any Beatles record was at the time of Britpop, you know.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,651
    Forum Member

"Rapper's Delight" is older now than "Heartbreak Hotel" was in 1990 and than any Beatles record was at the time of Britpop, you know.

They used to edit them out.
  • Options
    david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Heartbreak Hotel still sounds fresh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

At that time of night, What is the problem with playing raps?
  • Options
    NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    At that time of night, What is the problem with playing raps?

REAL did not play raps, nor songs such as Drake - Hold On We're Going Home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REAL did not play raps, nor songs such as Drake - Hold On We're Going Home.

Yes they did play Drake and Heart continues to play Drake.
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they did play Drake and Heart continues to play Drake.

Actually, they didn't over the last 3 years... I remember hearing Flo Rida's Good Feeling and MY GOD it was badly edited! Nothing but instrumentals and the chorus!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, they didn't over the last 3 years... I remember hearing Flo Rida's Good Feeling and MY GOD it was badly edited! Nothing but instrumentals and the chorus!

Heart has played Drakes, Hold on, were going home for about 6 months now....
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @HeartLondon twitter

The figures are in and there is now 1/4 million more of you tuning into London's Heart every week. HUGE THANKS for making us No 1 in London!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    @HeartLondon twitter

The figures are in and there is now 1/4 million more of you tuning into London's Heart every week. HUGE THANKS for making us No 1 in London!

Wonderful news :cool:
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Except that according to Radio today it's actually Magic who. Are number one overall
    My heads spinning with all this !
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,412
    Forum Member
    Except that according to Radio today it's actually Magic who. Are number one overall

Its possible for one station to be number 1 in reach and another in hours.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Its possible for one station to be number 1 in reach and another in hours.

True - Global themselves are claiming Number 1 at breakfast for two of their breakfast show - Dave and Lisa for reach and Ferrari for share:

http://www.thisisglobal.com/global-updates/#globals-rajar-headlines
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Reach and the hours.... So basicllly 2 stations can claim to be the areas number 1! Like key103 and capital Manchester!