Options

What do you think is the best sauce to have on a steak?

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    SHAFT wrote: »
    Jeebus. I love steak but I like it well done with a sauce. Rare meat makes me heave. What is so wrong with that?

*waits for the usual 'well if you choose to ruin a perfectly good steak' bollocks

Have you thought about answering why you called people snobs for saying how they liked their steak cooked?
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pepper is a spice. For me that's the only one that should be on my steak.

No salt? Or is that not a spice?
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only ever have Peppercorn sauce "WITH" my medium cooked rib-eye steak.(not "ON" my steak) I have my sauce next to my steak, not poured onto it :)
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you thought about answering why you called people snobs for saying how they liked their steak cooked?

I didn't. I called them snobs for saying that steaks shouldn't have sauce on them.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I didn't. I called them snobs for saying that steaks shouldn't have sauce on them.

This is now the third time I've asked you in this thread - why are we snobs for not liking sauce on our steak? I could quite easily say you have no right to comment on steaks seeing as you have yours well done - but I haven't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A well rested steak won't drip blood.

That's not been my experience, you might see it as 'juice' I see it as blood. Horses for courses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    This is now the third time I've asked you in this thread - why are we snobs for not liking sauce on our steak? I could quite easily say you have no right to comment on steaks seeing as you have yours well done - but I haven't.

No but you're obviously implying it which as with the comments about having sauce with steak ('crimminal' FFS!) I perceive as being snobbish. Not necessarily a bad thing. I'm snobbish about a lot of food related things myself which why I was laughing in my initial post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No but you're obviously implying it which as with the comments about having sauce with steak ('crimminal' FFS!)

Deleted, can't be bothered lol. For the record I'm not a snob and I never said anything remotely connected with the word 'criminal'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A well rested steak won't drip blood.

This is true, if rested properly there shouldn't be a drop of blood coming out of any steak, even a rare steak.
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had steak tartare a few times but... Never actually eaten a cooked steak. I think I must have a weedy jaw because each time I try a friend's steak it takes me so long to chew a bite that I can't imagine eating a whole one. So my answer here has to be raw egg sauce :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No salt? Or is that not a spice?

I wouldn't class it as one no, but I would definitely put salt on my steak.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Which makes even less sense. Why would that make someone a snob? I never have a sauce, whether it's on a £20 fillet or a £5 rump in a pub.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's not been my experience, you might see it as 'juice' I see it as blood. Horses for courses.

You can see it as what you like, but it's not blood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can see it as what you like, but it's not blood.

I disagree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I disagree.

It is not blood unless you aren't resting your steak properly. There is nothing to disagree on.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.

So do I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not blood unless you aren't resting your steak properly. There is nothing to disagree on.:rolleyes:

What would you call the red coloured juice that comes out then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Deleted, can't be bothered lol. For the record I'm not a snob and I never said anything remotely connected with the word 'criminal'.

I was referring to another users post.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You aren't resting your steak properly. How many more times?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You aren't resting your steak properly. How many more times?

You're saying your steak is BONE DRY?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're saying your steak is BONE DRY?

No, but there is no blood coming out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Walter is correct.
  • Options
    longzhenglongzheng Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    No, but there is no blood coming out of it.
    I simply love it when blood is seeping out of my steak! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a protein called myoglobin. Think of it as juice, pink at lower temperature and clear once the steak has been cooked through. Virtually all the blood is drained out at the slaughtering stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    People tend to call the red juice coming from a steak blood but its NOT BLOOD! These are the juices within the meat that run clear once a certain temperature has been reached.