Corrie: Is Erica Here To Stay?

Comments

• Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    Shut up! What a nasty comment.

A couple of months ago the same FM said one of the men in Emmerdale is a paedophile because he gave his dead girlfriend’s daughter Christmas and Birthday presents!
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the show on the decline, the last thing it needs is a sex-mad old woman. The leer on her face when she sees anything in trousers is enough to make viewers switch off.

She's slept with one bloke and I haven't seen her leering at anything in trousers.

I'm not sure what's more insulting regarding the reaction to her character. The posters who have called her a slag already (it doesn't take much for the **** shamers to come out here though) or the comments about her age.

This is just getting old and boring now. It's the 21st century and we're still being insulted at every turn for anything remotely sexual. Even the recent storyline in ED didn't stop posters from bringing up ex female characters to **** shame and that just made me feel sick. It's a shame it didn't teach people to have more respect for women regarding sexuality.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I have a feeling she will work behind the bar as Eva's replacement.

I agree. Now Eileen's served her purpose at the Rovers and had a good bitch during Gail's hen party, Erica could well get her job. If she does work in the Rovers, let's hope the writers come up with something decent for her. Please don't let it be Liz, Michelle and Erica all bitching and sneering at every damned thing! :o:D
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her! She pi$$es off Gail and anyone who does that goes right up in my estimations.

It's about time she realised he's a grown man.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A complete & utter waste of time cluttering up the show like many of Stuart Blackburn's new characrers (Nazirs, Andrea, Callum, Maddie to name a few)!!
    Callum's great - I love him :D
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    She's slept with one bloke and I haven't seen her leering at anything in trousers.

I'm not sure what's more insulting regarding the reaction to her character. The posters who have called her a slag already (it doesn't take much for the **** shamers to come out here though) or the comments about her age.

This is just getting old and boring now. It's the 21st century and we're still being insulted at every turn for anything remotely sexual. Even the recent storyline in ED didn't stop posters from bringing up ex female characters to **** shame and that just made me feel sick. It's a shame it didn't teach people to have more respect for women regarding sexuality.

Good post. I'm not a fan of the character but I don't understand the need to criticise a single, adult woman for having a healthy sex life.
  • Options
    nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    hope so - the Corrie tradition is based on strong women who take on all that life flings at em (and there are a lot of characters on mat leave at the mo ) hopefully they have a good story line for Erica. One from me is she discoverers Tracey and Tony !!!
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    Shut up! What a nasty comment.
    Erica is a fictional character who has been brought into the show as a sex mad old woman, leering at anything in trousers; this doesn't do justice to the actress, Claire King. who I have watched in other roles where she was brilliant. I am surprised that she took this role .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    A couple of months ago the same FM said one of the men in Emmerdale is a paedophile because he gave his dead girlfriend’s daughter Christmas and Birthday presents!
    I have referred this personal, unwarranted, untrue remark to the administrators of DS, together with your previous unpleasant posts about me.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like Erica, I think she is another SB shoo in. He brings in characters and then seems to lose interest in them, after all the fanfare of them coming in, its like "what do I do with them now?"

Why bring in even more characters when there are far too many of them atm, some only get tiny amounts of screen time, whilst others, Platts, Liz, Tony, Tracy, Michele and Steve, Websters, and of course the terminally boring Nazirs are centre stage in almost every episode.

The rubbish drug dealer/not the right Gavin, Tracy/Tony affair, Steve's depression and the bl**dy awful Michele with her arm stroking and "babes" every five minutes. Not forgetting when she has a row with anyone , it's always "Steve has clinical depression", too bad if he didn't want it broadcast to all and sundry and any passing random person. His mother is an old besom and I'm afraid that her old pal Erica will join in with the two witches and make Steve's life a misery.

They should get rid of the Producer and the bl**dy awful writers.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erica is a fictional character who has been brought into the show as a sex mad old woman, leering at anything in trousers; this doesn't do justice to the actress, Claire King. who I have watched in other roles where she was brilliant. I am surprised that she took this role .

I like the fact that Corrie are showing that it is okay for an older woman to have a healthy sex life.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are always complaining that CS gives too many details of forthcoming storylines. Maybe there's a huge plot coming up, with Erica in the centre, which they're keeping dead silent about.

Like she's on the run for mass murder, and she's going to poison sean, notgavin, steph, leanne, nick, david, callum, todd, michelle, liz , katy, anna and the small curly one. All of whom tuck into her hotpot surprise; the surprise being that the gravy is made from a deadly but tasteless, fast acting poison.

Or is that too much to hope for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    People are always complaining that CS gives too many details of forthcoming storylines. Maybe there's a huge plot coming up, with Erica in the centre, which they're keeping dead silent about.

Like she's on the run for mass murder, and she's going to poison sean, notgavin, steph, leanne, nick, david, callum, todd, michelle, liz , katy, anna and the small curly one. All of whom tuck into her hotpot surprise; the surprise being that the gravy is made from a deadly but tasteless, fast acting poison.

Or is that too much to hope for?
    :p:p:p Best scriptwriting I have seen for a long time, jsmith99.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If corrie bosses have kept Erica, they're bound to keep Jenny. Well I hope so! Jenny has more of a purpose
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think every character takes time to settle in...possible two or three months down the line she will be a changed person from what she is now...
  • Options
    dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Erika gone again? I can't remember the last time I saw her, and not mention of her in the spoilers.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    dmbowens wrote: »
    Has Erika gone again? I can't remember the last time I saw her, and not mention of her in the spoilers.

I really hope so, she's a complete waste of time on a show that is already bursting at the seams, with many good regular characters hardly getting a look in from one week to the next!!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Has she been quietly axed? :confused:
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she been quietly axed? :confused:
    What makes you think that? She last appeared in the live ep, so she was clearly still filming episodes not yet broadcast.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's got stuff coming up with Kevin .
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that Kate Oates will keep her when she takes charge. There was a great opportunity to bring some real depth to the character with the baby storyline, but again it was swept under the carpet when she miscarried and it wasn't mentioned again. Claire King is a decent actress and was electric in Emmerdale and Bad Girls, but has been given virtually nothing to work with at Corrie.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should go back to Emmerdale
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that Kate Oates will keep her when she takes charge. There was a great opportunity to bring some real depth to the character with the baby storyline, but again it was swept under the carpet when she miscarried and it wasn't mentioned again. Claire King is a decent actress and was electric in Emmerdale and Bad Girls, but has been given virtually nothing to work with at Corrie.

I agree. I liked the idea of a storyline showing an older woman have a baby - something which is quite common in real life. Also the unconventional family set up with her and Nick - older woman, younger man raising a child. She should have remained pregnant, stayed with Nick and been integrated into the Platt family. Her and Gail developing a mother/daughter-in-law relationship. Seeing Gail react to having the mother of her grandchild almost the same age as her. Then they could have expanded the family and brought her in elderly mother who she frequently mentions.

However now she's lost the connection to Nick and the Platts she's looking a bit pointless back to just being Liz's occasionally-seen mate who is given the odd line here and there who nobody would notice if she just stopped appearing.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    They've missed the trick with Erica. Her first scenes were brilliant, then like most SB creations has hung in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should have been axed a long time ago. She's the most pointless character on the show.