Options

Jack tweed Arrested... (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    They say Tweed was questioned for 21 hours

crikey, could anyone respond for that long ? I know I couldn't..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Omah wrote: »
    It seems to me that many contributing FMs are very judgemental without having access to the evidence - baseless speculation is rife - I wondered how many FMs, apart from me, have sat on juries for Crown Court trials ..... :confused:

I assume there were other jurors around you when you were called, why do you assume none of them are FM's on here.. lol lol lol lol you are not alone my friend.. really :cool:
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    crikey, could anyone respond for that long ? I know I couldn't..

He would have been given breaks for meals, sleep etc. He was arrested early hours Friday morning and charged Saturday afternoon, roughly 30 hours later, so I doubt he was questioned for a full 21 hours. Maybe half that.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Tweed is being regarded as a strong potential target of prison violence, according to reports.

Staff at Pentonville Prison reportedly consider Tweed at risk due to his fame and the nature of his alleged offence.
    Apparently has guards watching him closely in his private cell to prevent him from being attacked.

Michael Glover, the son of a fellow inmate, told The Sun: "A lot of people are shouting out of their cells, having a go at him." Glover continued: "My dad gave him some food and Jack was just sitting down on his bed crying. My dad said he looked like he was s**ting himself."

Tweed was reportedly crying after his family failed to visit him last night.

So as I said earlier Pentonville is not a cushy nick

I do find it quite amusing when we hear stories of prisoners "standing in judgement" of other prisoners.

Of course they themselves are in prison because they took too long in helping grannies across the road or have not cuddled enough kittens ;)
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I do find it quite amusing when we hear stories of prisoners "standing in judgement" of other prisoners.

Of course they themselves are in prison because they took too long in helping grannies across the road or have not cuddled enough kittens ;)

Mrs T says if anyone tried to cuddle her.................. CLONK!
  • Options
    Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A large majority of people in prison are there for non-payment of debts... and would react much the same as anyone else if put in close proximity to a convicted rapist... not that Jack is, but you see my point.

It's the point-proving status elevation stuff that happens in a prison.

You need to intimidate or even attack rapists, and bonus points for maiming a paedophile - because it proves to the rest of the jail what a good father you are, and so therefore you have an easier time in jail if you are respected by other inmates.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a feminist, it pains me to see yet another case of a man in a rape case being named but not a woman. They both deserve anonimity until judgement is passed. This is called equal treatment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs T says if anyone tried to cuddle her.................. CLONK!

Even you?!?!? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »

You need to intimidate or even attack rapists, and bonus points for maiming a paedophile - because it proves to the rest of the jail what a good father you are, and so therefore you have an easier time in jail if you are respected by other inmates.

You paint a very vivid & accurate picture
  • Options
    Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You paint a very vivid & accurate picture

Rule of the jungle, unfortunately.

No women to impress, so the pecking order has to be established using different and less sophisticated means.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people who are in prison for non-payment of "debt" really kept in the same wing/block as people in prison for paedophilia/rape/violent crime?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No women to impress, so the pecking order has to be established using different and less sophisticated means.

So "Genial" Harry Grout in "Porridge" does exist
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people who are in prison for non-payment of "debt" really kept in the same wing/block as people in prison for paedophilia/rape/violent crime?

I have found out that C Wing is set aside for Remand/Convicted Prisoners
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a feminist, it pains me to see yet another case of a man in a rape case being named but not a woman. They both deserve anonimity until judgement is passed. This is called equal treatment.

The problem with that is that it would then have to be applied across the board. Why should the accused in a rape get protected while the accused in say a serious assault or fraud case not be afforded the same courtesy. Mud can stick in any accusation, regardless of the crime. As the law stands all accused are treated the same.

As rape is the only crime where a victim has to prove her self innocent or that she didn't "deserve it" then her name is right to be protected as previous behaviour is irrelelvant in court. (As is convicted rapists previous convictions). The case is only tried on the merits of the evidence.
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A large majority of people in prison are there for non-payment of debts... and would react much the same as anyone else if put in close proximity to a convicted rapist... not that Jack is, but you see my point.

It's the point-proving status elevation stuff that happens in a prison.

Not in Britain they aren't. Well not civil debt. Only non payment of fines (which means you have already been convicted and are a criminal) or non payment of council tax (which is very rare and not applicable in Scotland). The threat of prison can be real in non paying of maintenance but the charge would be breach of a court order not the actual debt its self.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Tweed has always been a nasty piece of work, this hardly suprises me. If he did do this, im sure the judge who let him off with a shody 1 month jail sentence for asault earlier this year has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

The problem here is that Jack is known and is probably followed by papparazzi in the hope of getting photos of him drunk/with women or generally behaving badly. The police have not named him. If he had been completely unknown, then his anonymity could have been maintained - at least until the trial, should it come to one.
  • Options
    Forum Member

OMG Shawshank Redemption :eek:
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    A documentry made in the 1980's called 'Police' filmed a woman complaining of rape, it led to changes in how rape cases are dealt with.
    In episode three, 'A Complaint of Rape', a woman with a history of psychiatric treatment claims she has been raped by three strangers and is, in turn, bullied and cajoled by three male officers who dismiss her story out of hand. "This is the biggest bo!!ocks I've ever heard," erupts one officer.

Transmitted soon after an infamous court decision (in which a judge had accused a hitchhiker of "contributory negligence" in her own rape), 'A Complaint of Rape' caused a public outcry and led to a change in the way police forces handled rape cases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Tweed has always been a nasty piece of work, this hardly suprises me. If he did do this, im sure the judge who let him off with a shody 1 month jail sentence for asault earlier this year has a lot to answer for.

Snaresbrook is on a different circuit to where Tweed was tried for his previous misdemeanours so you can draw your own concluions
  • Options
    echoroseechorose Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by markymids
    So what if he sleeps around - do you really think that this girl went back to his flat as a bastion of virtue and virginity?

There's no doubt in my mind that she knew full well what was on the cards as she trumbled along with him to his home..

Many years ago when I was younger and went out with my girlfriends, we always agreed to stay together. Sometimes some of them wanted to go on to a party been held at somebody's house that we had just met. We would all go for safety rather than one go home on her own. This could easily be the case in this instance. You are making assumptions that she went back because she wanted to. They were at a London club and I'm sure the girl would not want to travel home to Hertfordshire on her own at that time of the morning.
  • Options
    cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hufty, I think there are enough reasons to work out that her story doesn't fit. She was in a flat full of people including her own friends and she didn't try and escape or get help.

I think there is some confusion here. They arrested him hours later when there were lots of people in the flat. Thats not to say they were the same people who went home with him from the club earlier. They could have turned up later, etc.

Obviously we don't know the full facts as yet.
  • Options
    OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

I have actually - twice at Leeds Crown Court (I didn`t realise you could be called more than once) ;) The first time a pool of volunteers were amassed to be put forward to be selected to serve on a very high profile mass murder trial - volunteers because of the gruesome nature of the trial - I declined, but served on a rape trial instead. No detail is spared at a rape trial - the background of both the accused and the accuser are gone into in fine detail ...............Jack Tweed will need a very good lawyer to save himself from prison I would say ;)

The fact that the girl went straight to the police directly after the incident, rather than waiting until the next day or even days after (which does happen), or to the media first, and was subsequently examined at a special rape unit, does lend substance to her allegations.........photographs will have been taken of any bruises or injuries - all of which will be shown in court.
    Tabby has TWICE
    I was a jury member on an attempted murder trial.

Does that make my opinion that some comments are totally out of order any more valid?:confused:
    I have - twice, and on one of those occasions I was foreman of the jury.

Though I don't think I've said anything too judgemental, in fact I'm sceptical about this supposed rape claim and wouldn't be surprised if it were some sort of stitch up.
    mmcd wrote: »
    I have been called to jury service on 3 separate occasions - one for a district court, one for a high court trial which lasted 3 weeks and the third I managed to get out of. On both occasions I was on jury service, I was foreperson of the jury which was quite scary actually but both cases were quite interesting. They were not rape cases.

Hi guys .....

I'm pleased that there are others who have been through the experience .....

For my part, I sat in Crown Court on three trials - child molestation, a pistol attack and fraud, the last of which was curtailed .....

What I and most of my colleagues learned was to keep our mouths shut, our eyes open and our pens handy, for, in most cases, nothing was ever as it initially seemed .....

So, although I detest Tweedy, I have refrained from discussing what may or may not have happened simply because we have no evidence, just the report of a charge .....

Endless speculation without any facts, IMO, seems pointless and unproductive .....

I'd rather wait until September 21, when the case begins .....

..... unless, of course, events take a turn .....
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely agree. I do not and have never liked Jack Tweed one iota, but the fact is that he has not been convicted of an offence, and he should have the right to anonymity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems to have spent his last short spell sitting in the sun, using Boy George's name in vain ,when in fact they had not even met there at all. Calling Sun on an illegally owned mobile ,and generally treating it as a joke. The bloke seems to be a young cretin.

Whether he is guilty of rape or not is irrelevant until a court case

He uses people, and uses his late "wife", leads a dissipated unproductive life with no goals ,thinking "fame" is his for the taking and some kind of entitlement.

As far as I am concerned he is a juvenile delinquent with an ego and attitude problem and needs to get a grip. He is already back on tabloids crying and sympathy seeking and eye on the "income" from latest drama.He makes me nauseous.