Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Thanks everybody - I now know how to do CPR!!! :blush:
    Singing Bad Moon Rising.

Now that's CCR. :p
    amysmum wrote: »
    Carla was arrested and was answering questions without a solicitor present, only thinking of ringing a solicitor after she was released.

Had to laugh when Tina was found and Leanne siad "It's Tina". The policeman asked "do you know her" - Of course she knows her, no stranger is ever allowed on that street!!!

However the police dont know that so why are they so sure it was a resident? Perhaps, maybe just maybe perhaps, she could have been pushed off the balcony by an intruder or even mugged then murdered by - heaven forbid - A STRANGER!!! NOooooooooooooooooooo.
    The biggest SOR of the past week was Carla's arrest. Arresting her on grounds of 'assault' -- at most she could have been done for GBH section 18.

Corrie writers had her taken down to the station for added drama. *rolleyes*
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina didn't die because of the hairdryers. When Rob initially thought she'd died from the accidental fall he was distraught and was actually relieved to see that she was still alive.

Tina died because when she came about from the fall she threatened not only to report Rob's dodgy dealings, but to frame him for her fall so he could go down for attempted murder.

I'm glad you found such tripe believable, I didn't in the slightest.

Sensational guff with no actually basis in believable reality.

Rob went from loser to cold blooded killer in about 5 minutes for no reason whatsoever.

"Oh no, Tina, I can't go back to prison for selling stolen hairdryers, but here you go I'll risk a life sentence by bashing your skull in!"

Tripe.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I thought Rita's reaction was realistic; how would you feel if someone you were close to and was like a daughter to you had been murdered and you'd been told in hospital they've died? Presumably either they meant for Rita to not remember Tina's mother's name properly because she's disappeared for so long or the scriptwriters genuinely forgot as I did myself.

They're being paid not to forget details like this.
    More like too lazy to go check it up.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz wants to shut the pub for the day in respect of Tina???????

She was a barmaid!

They didnt even do that for Betty!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really didnt see the point of the gown just covering her boobs. Surely it would cover all her body????

Been better if she didn't have it on at all ;-)

Seriously though, I thought it was her nightgown rolled up.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I'm glad you found such tripe believable, I didn't in the slightest.

Sensational guff with no actually basis in believable reality.

Rob went from loser to cold blooded killer in about 5 minutes for no reason whatsoever.

"Oh no, Tina, I can't go back to prison for selling stolen hairdryers, but here you go I'll risk a life sentence by bashing your skull in!"

Tripe.

Never mind the prospect of a life prison sentence, who would want to be known as a murderer for the rest of their days or even to have that on their conscience, even if no-one else ever found out? Most soap murders are extremely far fetched for this very reason.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggest SOR tonight

Tracey showing AFFECTION!, for a CHILD! :O
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Never mind the prospect of a life prison sentence, who would want to be known as a murderer for the rest of their days or even to have that on their conscience, even if no-one else ever found out? Most soap murders are extremely far fetched for this very reason.

Definitely. But at least with most of them they attempt to weave believable motives for murders. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Definitely. But at least with most of them they attempt to weave believable motives for murders. :D

Exactly : if Tina knew that Rob was already a murderer and was threatening to expose him, then perhaps he might just have a motive to kill her (but even that would still be incredibly high risk, as a double murderer would be looking at an even longer prison sentence), but the idea that he would kill her because she knew he had stolen goods in his shop is laughable (and her threats of going to the police could even have been a bluff just to rattle and annoy him).
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Corrie at the moment funny how the tides change all the time, it was trash a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Corrie at the moment funny how the tides change all the time, it was trash a few weeks ago.

For me, it still is!

I still watch but its not the same as it used to be
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Carla's line of : "Peters capable of a lot of things we'd didn't think he was" the most ridiculous thing yet about this storyline!
    So far Peter has only proven himself to be capable of being a lying, drunk, adulterer....................
    So how are these personality traits suddenly shock news to Carla? (who knew he was an alcoholic, and had an affair with him!)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was a barmaid!

But Liz McMutton thought that Tina was "me best barmaid".;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Liz McMutton thought that Tina was "me best barmaid".;-)

LOL

She'd only been there five minutes compared to Betty! AND no hotpot named after her!
  • Options
    pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the biggest SOR is that there is a child actor on Corrie who can actually act , I think Amy is great.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    They're being paid not to forget details like this.
    More like too lazy to go check it up.

LOL! Or Rita got her script wrong. Or it could be that they decided to change it from Anna to Anne because there's already an Anna in Corrie and hope no-one notices!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was a barmaid!

Betty who? ;-):D:o

Corrie are confusing Tina McIntyre with Michelle Keegan.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail remembered that Tina was her step-daughter this evening !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carla said the police knew that Tina had been beaten AFTER the fall, so why is she still a suspect? She could not have pushed her, jumped down after her to hit her over the head and then jump back onto the balcony. Why was she even questioned after they knew the chain oif events?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Carla said the police knew that Tina had been beaten AFTER the fall, so why is she still a suspect? She could not have pushed her, jumped down after her to hit her over the head and then jump back onto the balcony. Why was she even questioned after they knew the chain oif events?

I wonder if how Peter can be a suspect either. After allegedly beating Tina to a pulp, he went around to Carla and confessed all about the affair. Why would he do that if he had just "murdered" Tina?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    pattycake wrote: »
    I think one of the biggest SOR is that there is a child actor on Corrie who can actually act , I think Amy is great.
    Her reaction to Tina's death was indifferent; then again it's not she lost her best barmaid.

Whatever happened to Tracyluv's 'bonding' time with Amy?
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one telling Michelle to do one is the biggest SOR for me.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way Michelle stood and announced Tina's death to the Rovers was daft. She did it far too quickly, never showed any reaction at all. She should have gone over to Steve or Liz, quietly told them and let them announce it.
    I'm sure she thinks she owns the pub.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cleo petra wrote: »
    No one telling Michelle to do one is the biggest SOR for me.

And me.

Wish Corrie would get rid.
    The way Michelle stood and announced Tina's death to the Rovers was daft. She did it far too quickly, never showed any reaction at all. She should have gone over to Steve or Liz, quietly told them and let them announce it.
    I'm sure she thinks she owns the pub.

She does.

Michelle 'owns' Liz and Steve. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else find the sight of Peter reeling about the street clutching a bottle of voddie just a tad over the top. I get the fact that Corrie are telling us he's back on the drink again but does it have to be so ham fisted?
This discussion has been closed.