• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    no its just not advertised online
  • Options
    Craig ArthurCraig Arthur Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1055500937

Ex Orange 2G mast now Updated locally to me. Good work EE. No 4G yet though.

Still got a few round here needing done.

1 mast in town got 4g, whilst the other 2 - one (LOT0150) is 2G only and has been for some time and the last one (LOT0168) is still in dire need of a speed boost.

By comparison O2/Vodafone have swamped the area with 4G and upgraded all the masts. 3? Perhaps when those old orange masts get MBNL'd :-)
  • Options
    matty1000kkmatty1000kk Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    What?? Really?? They are actually doing them??
    Good god, Better watch out for flying pigs tomorrow then!
    :)

Ha yes it's looks like they finally are getting to them slowly. Semi rural one as well this one. This was the one I posted about a few months back where I noticed new antennas but at that time it was still Orange 2G only.
    I wonder if it is LTE 800mhz ready. The antennas look different to others I have seen on upgraded MBNL masts with them being a lot taller.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnxinzoge21q0og/DSC_0002.JPG?dl=0

Top antennas are the EE ones.
  • Options
    steffanglsteffangl Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Ha yes it's looks like they finally are getting to them slowly. Semi rural one as well this one. This was the one I posted about a few months back where I noticed new antennas but at that time it was still Orange 2G only.
    I wonder if it is LTE 800mhz ready. The antennas look different to others I have seen on upgraded MBNL masts with them being a lot taller.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnxinzoge21q0og/DSC_0002.JPG?dl=0

Top antennas are the EE ones.

They look like the latest version antennas Orange used to use. Wider than most MBNL T-Mobile ones.
    Standard Vodafone at the bottom.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Without seeing a closer, sharper image i'd hazard a guess they look like Huawei's 790 - 960 / / 1710 - 2690mhz antennas.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Without seeing a closer, sharper image i'd hazard a guess they look like Huawei's 790 - 960 / / 1710 - 2690mhz antennas.

So assuming they are, this means they have a single antenna "bar" that can handle all current technologies and frequencies?
    What I'm saying is, there won't necessarily be extra visible antennas appearing for 800Mhz? Would that be correct?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you mean these? http://www.huawei.com/ucmf/groups/public/documents/attachments/hw_316943.pdf
    I've answered my own question I think? : )
    Would I be correct in thinking that the three pairs of connections on page 2 would (in EEs case) be for 1800 2G/4G one side, 800 4G in the middle and 2100 3G on the other side?
  • Options
    sparky93sparky93 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Just been on the map again, just noticed that Stratford on Avon has now been added.

Is there a way on a S5 to find what its using, 10mhz or 20mhz?
  • Options
    unouno Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sparky93- Type *#0011# into your phone dialler this will bring up the network engineering menu and will show the LTE band being used so can see if 1800,800 or 2600 and downlink bandwith e.g 10 or 20mhz
  • Options
    sparky93sparky93 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    uno wrote: »
    Sparky93- Type *#0011# into your phone dialler this will bring up the network engineering menu and will show the LTE band being used so can see if 1800,800 or 2600 and downlink bandwith e.g 10 or 20mhz

hmmph, me being a blind dyslexic twit. many thanks. I have been here before and didnt notice that on the very top line of it.

the other menu I had been looking for was the netwoking page that gave options to lock onto a specific band.

used to be able to on my s3 until last fw update. and it is blocked now.

cheers UNO :-)
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Data issues in Wrexham town centre again on the MBNL 3G mast , both EE and Three have little or no thruput, speed test 'latency test failed', webpages wont loads, apps dont work.

They fixed it a month ago after it hadnt been working for 9 months and we had great speeds , and now its buggered again>:(>:(>:( what the hell is wrong with EE!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing, I'm getting 123meg down here! Hahaha
    Sorry...:)
  • Options
    M1kosM1kos Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    those antennas are 6 port and are multiband and yes they will be for 4G as well as other technologies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks. So we won't see extra antennas appearing for 800 then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another mast on the A38 live in the last couple of days.
    At Buckfastleigh just down from the Ashburton one.
    Not showing on the map yet obviously.
    Mine is the next one.
    Here's hoping.....
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eebfeizhsflyjtx/B%27fastleigh.JPG?dl=0
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is the next one.
    Here's hoping.....

Still waiting down here. It says a lot when Dartmoor and the Isle of Wight are better covered...
  • Options
    dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    voodoofish wrote: »
    With Vodafone, I would only pay £15 for the same 5 days (5x£3), could use my full UK data allowance and wouldn't have to pay any extra for any calls/texts I made. I could basically use my phone as I do in the UK for only £3 a day, which I like the sound of, BUT the trade off is that when you're back in the UK you're stuck on Vodafone's network, which is why I can't decide what to do ;-)

If only Google Voice was available then one would be able to assign the number to the EE SIM when in the UK and the Vodafone SIM (assuming the above EuroTraveller offer could be made available to pre-pay as well as post-pay users) when abroad.
  • Options
    voodoofishvoodoofish Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    If only Google Voice was available then one would be able to assign the number to the EE SIM when in the UK and the Vodafone SIM (assuming the above EuroTraveller offer could be made available to pre-pay as well as post-pay users) when abroad.

You only get 100mb/day on pay as you go :/ but something like Google Voice would be useful in many circumstances e.g. if you wanted to have a few sims to use in 'mobile not spots', so you could swap sim cards if at least one of them has signal.
  • Options
    ozzozz Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Map update day :)

Nice to see that some rural south Lincolnshire sites have been 4G enabled.
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,666
    Forum Member
    If only Google Voice was available

Only US due to the way calls are charged - and rumour has it that Google will drop this in the US next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine is the next one.
    Here's hoping.....

I'm going to ask them to skip yours.. as you don't need it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to ask them to skip yours.. as you don't need it. :D

Right, well then I'm off over to see the Monks at Buckfastleigh and suggest they cut of the supply of Tonic wine to Scotland!!!.
    Oh wait,... that's where all their profit comes from!
    Hahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right, well then I'm off over to see the Monks at Buckfastleigh and suggest they cut of the supply of Tonic wine to Scotland!!!.
    Oh wait,... that's where all their profit comes from!
    Hahahahahahahaha

Yeah.. It would be Third world Devon without our subsidies I mean Booze sales. :D

Have you seen the fights over cheap TV's... can't imagine what would happen in Glasgow if the Buckfast taps ran dry. :o

To try and stay on topic.. Shouldn't be long, I hope.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Where the hell did Black Friday come from?

Has this always been a thing in the UK? I don't remember it getting this much coverage by retailers and the media last year. And it seems like UK shoppers are taking the US tradition and making it their own by fighting over crappy Polaroid TV's from Asda....

Can't people just buy online these days. Isn't that what Cyber Monday is for!
  • Options
    japauljapaul Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you be so cruel to kids? :D
This discussion has been closed.