Options

Queen and Adam Lambert BBC1

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Not a fan of Lambert's, but I did give this a go but couldn't stick with it and turned over.

My girlfriend and I do like Lambert's voice, and find the whole gay Elvis look to be fun and appropriate. We watched the show expecting the combo of Lambert and the remains of Queen to work well, yet ended feeling that something important was missing. Aside from dead Fred, of course.

Lambert was in fine voice, and performed well, and the remains of Queen also seemed to be more than capable. But, it just didn't work, not even as well as Paul Rodgers. The oomph was missing, and whoever sanctioned that awful car crash of Killer Queen hammered through Bohemian Rhapsody needs firing.

Lambert, we still believe, could do well as the singer of a young rock band, who will stop him making terrible gay disco (as opposed to good gay disco) and get him to use his talents to best effect.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the show by accident on NYE and what a brilliant way to start the new year. Whilst I liked many of the songs done by Queen over the years I was never a fan but with Adam Lambert I want to go and see them perform live. He brought his own quality to the music which blended so well.
    My only annoyance is that I have missed out on this treasure for the last 2 years and I am rapidly making up for it via YouTube.
    For those who don't like him that is fair enough we are all of us entitled to that view but I suspect he has completely revived the band and brought a whole new audience to them (me included) I wish I had tickets to see them, and like so many other ladies I have fallen ever so slightly in lust with the gloriously camp and utterly beautiful Adam Lambert :p

Same here. I cramming in the back catalogue and desperate to see him live with Queen at the O2! :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    You know I'm not so sure about this one. Adam's not putting enough oomph to this song, This should be sung with a more gitty voice. He sounds too nice. :(

Well, here's Freddie - don't know what you mean by gritty - like BJ-AC/DC? - neither of them sound like that -

http://youtu.be/3uz_xUp8zoM?list=PLVIGm_4kigMFrXoNntWnRR5oPyEhdbxR3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I can't quite believe I have managed to get a ticket, sadly just the one, to see them in February. I'm already far too excited :D
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, here's Freddie - don't know what you mean by gritty - like BJ-AC/DC? - neither of them sound like that -

http://youtu.be/3uz_xUp8zoM?list=PLVIGm_4kigMFrXoNntWnRR5oPyEhdbxR3

No not really AC/DC singing, maybe Nasty was the better word. Freddie sang this song quite viciously.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend and I do like Lambert's voice, and find the whole gay Elvis look to be fun and appropriate. We watched the show expecting the combo of Lambert and the remains of Queen to work well, yet ended feeling that something important was missing. Aside from dead Fred, of course.

Lambert was in fine voice, and performed well, and the remains of Queen also seemed to be more than capable. But, it just didn't work, not even as well as Paul Rodgers. The oomph was missing, and whoever sanctioned that awful car crash of Killer Queen hammered through Bohemian Rhapsody needs firing.

Lambert, we still believe, could do well as the singer of a young rock band, who will stop him making terrible gay disco (as opposed to good gay disco) and get him to use his talents to best effect.

Freddie was guilty of that as well though this atrocity is Queens worst song,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EDkv_dyeI
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Freddie was guilty of that as well though this atrocity is Queens worst song,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EDkv_dyeI
    Have you listened to "Trespassing" or seen a QAL concert? Thanks -
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll the concert in Leeds last night was amazing.....those of you who have got tickets are in for a royal treat.

Adam was brilliant owned the stage , had the audience in the palm of his hand, had good banter and looked totally at ease with himself and what he was doing. Having said that he did like the acknowledgment when he sustained some amazing notes and played on it. It drove the crowd mad.
    His vocals were amazing and fitted well with Roger and Brian

Roger and his son Rufus had a drum battle which was good fun, Roger has serious competition( imagine living with the pair of them)!

Brian did a 10 minute guitar solo....bit to long for me, I would have preferred it broken up but I appreciate that he has fans that would have loved it.

They came on at 8:20 apx and went through to 10:45 apx, no break no support band before either.

The lighting and sound was excellent.

For me the most emotional part was Brian sitting on a stool singing Love of My Life and Freddy coming up on the screen and singing too.
    The audience sang along in harmony, the emotion in the place could have blown the roof off alone.

So would I go and see them again? You bet, I've got my eye on Sheffield tickets in Feb but can only book if the weather is ok so I will have to leave it to the wire.

I've been to a few concerts from Micheal Jackson, Madonna, Simply Red, Brian Adams, Beautiful South to name a few and all at the height of their popularity
    Where would I rank the concert out of the ones I have been to?
    Gotta say right up there nudging at MJs moonwalking heels, and that's a band that I would never have thought I would get to see live and who are not at the height of their popularity.

I hope those of you who have got tickets enjoy it as much as I did ( I didn't hear one negative comment) and those who are in two minds about splashing the cash for tickets give them a chance and go and see them.

Actually on second thoughts I did hear some moans....the cost of programmes.... £20 needless to say they didn't seem to be selling many.