Woman beheaded in London

Comments

• Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been said on here and BBC news he is Pakistani
    Keep up
    They haven't mentioned any description of the culprit on their website yet. However whenever any incident as traumatic as this happens the description of the perpetrator is always withheld to begin with if he isn't an ic1.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    He's only 25 too.

He was also said to have been killing cats. Muslims are supposed to revere cats because the mark of a tabby cat with the M between the ears is supposed to be where Muhammed put his 2 fingers on the cats head to bless it.

Did he also create McDonalds?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't the police just come out with it and say Muslim or non Muslim, rather than beating about the bush.

Because if his religion had no connection with his act it is irrelevant and to state he is a Muslim would make the police as bad as the tabloid press and also could provoke retaliation from racist groups against Muslims when religion had nothing to do with it. So until such time as motives are known then they are right to keep such information from the public domain because sadly some members of the public cannot be trusted with such information.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If not terrorist, then probably copycat by some loony.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor woman. I don't think it's terrorist related, but did wonder if the recent beheadings in the news have influenced someone who's obviously unstable.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm staying in Edmonton N9 atm.

'Fat Nicholas'? - there's quite a lot of Greek Cypriots live in this area.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you on about?

The poster who said integration really meant 'being like me' as if that was unreasonable thing to expect from people living here.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS JasonWatkins did nothing more than state the obvious - In the current climate some people will jump to that conclusion. Hopefully they will be wrong but that hasn't been established yet.

Some people really need to wind their necks in.
    Sorry but Jason Watkins has very predictable form on this issue, to jump in with a sneering comment about Islamaphobia as he did in the very second post about someone tragically losing their life was pathetic.
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's right though, all over facebook and on here it's exactly the same stuff 'bet it's a foreigner' etc......
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No aspersions being cast in this thread about Muslims, Islam or terrorism of course ...
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Sorry but Jason Watkins has very predictable form on this issue, to jump in with a sneering comment about Islamaphobia as he did in the very second post about someone tragically losing their life was pathetic.

But the page and a half of bickering about immigration wasn't, right?
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor woman. But unfortunately nothing like this surprises me about Edmonton... and this is not because of the area's high number of Muslim residents... It's because in general... Edmonton, imo, is the a*sehole of North London. Not a week goes by without either a stabbing or a murder of some kind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    But the page and a half of bickering about immigration wasn't, right?
    Just as bad as each other, as others have said my first thought was that it was someone unstable doing a copycat on what they'd seen on the internet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will know a bit more when the police release the mans identity
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    We will know a bit more when the police release the mans identity

You reckon? Hmm, maybe you're onto something there.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »

I have no idea what Jason's form is or isn't all I know is the venom in the responses in this thread were way out of proportion to what was said. Given events of this week it is a perfectly normal first reaction to wonder if this horrible killing has some connection. All the sanctimonious knee-jerking in the world isn't going to change that.

Unfortunate as it is post 2 was a simple statement of fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think any one capable of this has to be an animal, not human.
    I don't know why they're compared to animals?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunate as it is post 2 was a simple statement of fact.

Oh hello... Has it been confirmed that it is a terrorist attack linked to Isis then?:confused:

If not, funny use of the word 'fact' there then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea what Jason's form is or isn't all I know is the venom in the responses in this thread were way out of proportion to what was said.
    They weren't if you knew Jason's form on the issue, his eagerness to attack people for supposed Islamaphobia, even in this case before anyone had said anything is toxic to this forum.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »

Because animals kill other animals?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »

Exactly. Most animals kill to eat and survive. Not behead for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because animals kill other animals?

To eat. Yes. For joy and the thrill of it... Not likely. Although, there are some exceptions.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    Oh hello... Has it been confirmed that it is a terrorist attack linked to Isis then?:confused:

If not, funny use of the word 'fact' there then.

Minus the link, here's what was said.
    Not that that will stop any of the painfully obvious assumptions and speculation though ..

Are you saying there has been no "painfully obvious" assumptions or speculation? The fact is that (in the early stages) the police statement will not stop that happening.
  • Options
    kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it maybe a copycat, it is so sad.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humans are animals. We're not plants.