Options

Woman beheaded in London

Comments

• Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he is being treated in hospital at the moment and has not yet been questioned

He's only 25 too.

He was also said to have been killing cats. Muslims are supposed to revere cats because the mark of a tabby cat with the M between the ears is supposed to be where Muhammed put his 2 fingers on the cats head to bless it.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just said they think the attack happened on the street, how the hell did she end up beheaded in someone's back garden then?! Makes no sense.

She could have been attacked in the street before she ran to the garden where the attacker followed her and killed her. It's all very sketchy at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under Soul wrote: »
    To be honest, when I heard that it was in a garden and a beheading I thought it was one of those ghastly family "honour" killings.

Certainly that is more likely than a terrorist attack, although from the details given it seems like some random killing.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Flibustier wrote: »
    Cutting off a woman's head in broad daylight.. let me guess, muslim by any chance?

Could well be, but there's a good chance it was done by someone with mental health problems, in which case it could be anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Flibustier wrote: »
    Cutting off a woman's head in broad daylight.. let me guess, muslim by any chance?

Don't be silly, that's a peaceful religion. They're not to blame for anything.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    tnt wrote: »
    And the police, local mental health services say....?

Has mental health policy changed over the years where dangerous people are let loose on the streets? I'm noticing an increasing number of obviously not well people just wandering the streets. They're not going anywhere in particular, they wander around aimlessly.

If you talking about Ed Miliband and Ed Balls , don't worry they will sink into obscurity after next May
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    All criminals of whatever field of 'expertise' they are involved in, tend to stick within certain parameters and tend to fit a certain profile.

I obviously need to get with the programme though. Its the same as when we used to have lots of IRA bomb threats and hoaxes. Someone people would immediately see any slow down on the tube or juddering of the train to indicate that there was some imminent threat of a bomb or that there was an incident. Whereas my first instinct was to see it as the usual British Rail or London Transport incompetence.

Hardly comparable really. I would not think juddering or slowing a terrorist attack but I might if the gas line blew.

My first thoughts were not of any terrorist action, but I can understand why others first thoughts was that. I cant understand why anyone else would have trouble understanding that though.

My thoughts were I hope its not someone I know, as its my home town and I have lived in that road and know its hardly a terrorist hotspot.

My other thoughts were oh bloody hell I need to get onto my groups pretty fast as I know how this is going to be seen by the ignorant and used to score points ( my group is about Enfield and people are always going on and on about how its changed) So anything like this would need to be watched over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been said on here and BBC news he is Pakistani
    Keep up

No it's not, that post was referring to an earlier incident that happened in June.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate thinks it will be an African connection - he is convinced that all black people carry machetes...

I just think any one capable of this has to be an animal, not human.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    Let's face it, it'll be most people's first thought too.

Yeah I must admit that was my first thought too when I heard a woman had been beheaded in London. Though I did quickly remember too about the nutter in Tenerife (I think it was in Tenerife anyway) who beheaded a woman in a shop around 3 or 4 years ago. But given the stuff we're hearing on the news at the moment, it's hardly surprising that many of us, on first hearing about this, would wonder whether its linked to terrorism,
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woman found beheaded in London back garden* http://dailym.ai/1Aafzob @MailOnline

It IS a beheading.The newspaper report clearly states so.

I see they are establishing the most important facts :-
    The road is a typical suburban street in the London Borough of Edmonton. The average house value on there is £310,000, while it is £275,000 in the local N9 postcode area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly comparable really. I would not think juddering or slowing a terrorist attack but I might if the gas line blew.

My first thoughts were not of any terrorist action, but I can understand why others first thoughts was that. I cant understand why anyone else would have trouble understanding that though.

My thoughts were I hope its not someone I know, as its my home town and I have lived in that road and know its hardly a terrorist hotspot.

My other thoughts were oh bloody hell I need to get onto my groups pretty fast as I know how this is going to be seen by the ignorant and used to score points ( my group is about Enfield and people are always going on and on about how its changed) So anything like this would need to be watched over.

I was being glib by talking about trains juddering but I was talking about things like when stations close , like when they have to shut the tube stations because they get too full up and they have to limit the number of people in them, or there is a delay because of an 'incident' (normally some silly kid getting on the rails or someone pulling the cord or a fight at a station or whatever) and some people's first thoughts was that it was connected the IRA, others just tutted and wondered how late they would be in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we definitely know she was beheaded? Hearsay ffs!
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    If his name's Nicholas, I'd've thought that would make it less likely that he's Muslim tbh.

Well according to another poster he is Pakistani. That doesn't suit the name Nicholas either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »

Im surprised the prices are that low.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Phew. my understanding of the story has been aided immeasurably now I know what the local house prices are.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,186
    Forum Member

The Daily Mail sure likes to shoehorn the value of a house in it's stories
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Yeah I must admit that was my first thought too when I heard a woman had been beheaded in London. Though I did quickly remember too about the nutter in Tenerife (I think it was in Tenerife anyway) who beheaded a woman in a shop around 3 or 4 years ago. But given the stuff we're hearing on the news at the moment, it's hardly surprising that many of us, on first hearing about this, would wonder whether its linked to terrorism,

There was also a horrible case of a young man being decapitated on a greyhound bus in Canada a few years ago. The murderer was definitely mentally ill (and not Muslim).
    Murder by beheading just seems particularly horrible and violent, though of course all murder is horrible.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well according to another poster he is Pakistani. That doesn't suit the name Nicholas either!

That poster got it wrong. It doesn't say anywhere that the person is Pakistani, the poster must have been reading about the June beheading.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    When you mean "integrate" you really mean "behave like me", don't you?

Why not? Bringing a hostile foreign culture into Britain has been a disaster.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    Im surprised the prices are that low.

Earlier today they were worth another £100k.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,186
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    Why not? Bringing a hostile foreign culture into Britain has been a disaster.

What are you on about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Earlier today they were worth another £100k.

Ah yes, always check the crime figures when house hunting.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Horrific attack and all you can think about is "there going to have a go at the muslims >:(, they are you know, they will be coming on DS having a go at 'em >:(. Well no one does this on MY WATCH!!!"

Well lets be honest if that was not how things are in the current climate the Police would have felt the need to state they did not believe it was terror related. What religion have the people carrying out beheadings of late belonged to and claim to act in the name of ? so personally I dont think the remark was in any way wrong at all because it is true there will be those who jump to conclusions even on "your watch"

That aside what a terrible thing for this poor woman and others who were in fear, my thoughts go to her family and all involved inlcuding the officers and staff who have to deal with the aftermath.