Options

Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    ... After all how much less than £40 can you honestly pay? And I think Dom & Steph may well have overpaid.

Totes agree! (Is that cool, or have I got it wrong).;)

The big problem I see is that as a percentage any underpayment is hugely influential in the final divvy up, if you start so low. £15 off £175 has nowhere near as much impact as £5 off £40.

Tommo, dunno about cool or kool, wrong person to ask - or should that be aks? ;)
    Shrike wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the first time;)
    The Hastings couple are being set up as this week's moaners & gameplayers - I expect she was "encouraged" to get on her hands and knees to wipe behind the toilet too. It is puzzling as to why they didn't ask to change rooms, though they may have and it not been shown. From another perspective, is it not odd the hosts put non-smokers in a smoking room but never mentioned it to the guests? Hmmm....

Do you remember that hotel on Shepherd'sr Bush Road, London - the guy who wanted to achieve a chain (I think) it wasn't rated all that well, but I distinctly remember the couple who said they were very light sleepers were given a room at the front, on the ground floor and directly across from the reception desk :rolleyes:
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I do like the posh couple. They are so blokey.

If I knew them I'd be looking forward to dinners, trips to the pub and all round good times - and that's a good sign for people who run any kind of business in the hospitality industry.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I find the posh woman strangely sexy.

Just me then :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    The room which had a sink directly over the head of where someone is sleeping seemd odd. Maybe you would have to make sure that was where the person you'd picked up for the night, slept.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Today's B&B seemed too nice for a 1*. Can't remember what the requirements are for the stars. I remember someone posting them on a Hotel Inspector thread.
    I'd definitely think about staying there if I needed somewhere cheap in Blackpool.
  • Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Just me then :p

Well, I find her husband sexy, will that do? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    ... the guy who wanted to achieve a chain (I think) it wasn't rated all that well, but I distinctly remember the couple who said they were very light sleepers were given a room at the front, on the ground floor and directly across from the reception desk :rolleyes:

I remember that well. We can hardly be blamed for being suspicious on occasion!
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,860
    Forum Member
    I think the posh lady was the spitting image of Kim Woodburn with her hair scraped back (She'll love me for that ;) ) I absolutely adore her and her husband though and would happily pay £210 just to spend an evening seeing how the other half live :P lol I don't like the fact that the bald guy got very defensive, surely he knows that sort of accommodation is naturally divisive, even if it is good value, it looks like The Situation will overpay massively looking at how much they put in that envelope-Although the picky blond woman is getting right on my wick as well (Really sorry but I'm terrible with the names)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although this B&B was very good value for money at £20 per person, the size of the rooms would put me off a little bit. If I was ever in Blackpool, I would be more than happy to pay a bit extra to stay somewhere where the rooms were a little bigger. Plus, I could do without the Showbar bit (although I know I wouldnt have to sit and watch it if I stayed).

I think, from memory, I've seen many a B&B in Blackpool that have appeared in the show which is "more my type" if you know what I mean. Sometimes, money isnt everything and you dont mind paying a little bit extra if its a bit of luxury that you dont get at home. When I go away, especially as I get older, I like to be pampered a little bit, which you wouldnt get at this place, but there's no denying its good value.

If I was going on a hen night, for example, this would be a great venue. If I was going on a weekend away with the OH, then I'd be looking at something a little upmarket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    ... (Really sorry but I'm terrible with the names)

Ali and Ian

James and Simon

Andrea and Nic

Stephanie and Dom

Sorry but I really don't get the Stephanie/Kim reference at all.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...If I was going on a hen night, for example, this would be a great venue. If I was going on a weekend away with the OH, then I'd be looking at something a little upmarket.

I would expect stag and hen dos to be their 'bread and butter' - especially at weekends. Maybe some contractors staying during the week. Other than that maybe young couples who just want a base for a cheap fun weekend away. All in all not the sort of clientel the others would be catering for;)
    . For the money I do think it very good and I've certainly stayed in worse (in Blackpool too:D)
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you remember that hotel on Shepherd'sr Bush Road, London - the guy who wanted to achieve a chain (I think) it wasn't rated all that well, but I distinctly remember the couple who said they were very light sleepers were given a room at the front, on the ground floor and directly across from the reception desk :rolleyes:.
    I remember that well. We can hardly be blamed for being suspicious on occasion!

There have been other occasions too - the mother & son from Marlpool who were adamant they wanted a twin room but were going to be in seperate hotels when in the lakeland 'spa hotel'(aka swingers pad) - they kicked up a fuss and lo! a single room was found, even though the place alledgedly had none.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been other occasions too - the mother & son from Marlpool who were adamant they wanted a twin room but were going to be in seperate hotels when in the lakeland 'spa hotel'(aka swingers pad) - they kicked up a fuss and lo! a single room was found, even though the place alledgedly had none.

I seem to remember a lady being put in a converted cell...She was claustrophobic and I think the owner of the cell came and posted and said they were more or less told which room to allocate to which guest!
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember a lady being put in a converted cell...She was claustrophobic and I think the owner of the cell came and posted and said they were more or less told which room to allocate to which guest!

Yes, other contestants have also said that the production have allocated the rooms. Definitely (not so) hidden agendas.
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be honest that's one place I never considered to be a self catering/B&B or Hotel type of establishment (there is no accurate smilie to insert here)

Shall we agree on errr...venue? :o
    I think we could agree on that.

That was almost one on its own, that one :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Posh couple' to win this week please! They seem lovely... genuine, not overly and unnecessarily too judgemental/nit picky and lots of fun. I doubt they will though as their place is pricy and the 'percentages' in respect of envitable minor underpayments to them will be their downfall. If they continue as they are, they'll be the 'moral' winners though.

Just back from 5 days away in the Cannaries, (this English weather was getting me down!) and so had to do a major catch up on most of last weeks episodes and the first one of this weeks today. MAJOR congrats to G! boutique for winning last weeks. SO very much deserved!! The woman, (Ellie?) in particular was excellent. They deserve all the success (and bookings) that I hope doing this brings them.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with Blackpool is that its terrible for parking.

Also a lot of the places demand that you have an evening meal at 5:30. They did when I was last there anyway!
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the thread Luna...I just love to read the inside stories of those who have appeared on the show...Keep posting!
    Isn't it lovely for US to get feedback! :D
    Welcome Luna.
    I'm just sad really that you feel the need to justify yourself.
    I mentioned the batter myself earlier in the thread. Anyone who cooks knows about the plain flour and the resting period (usually half an hour here) and I would have been exactly the same as you too in the circumstances for the very same reasons.

One other thing, the reference to an event as 'something-gate' is usually somewhat tongue in cheek here, not meaning it's a scandal, meaning that someone has made it into a controversial issue whether it should have been one or not.
    We understood your reason Luna, 'Miss findafault' is obviously no cook.
    Yes, we love our 'something gates', it's just a bit of light hearted fun on our part. :p
    Saturn wrote: »
    I'm glad you found time to explain :) Don't take comments to heart. You should see what we say about people we don't like :D .
    :eek: :D
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I forgot one I'd love pitted against other horrou stories..the one in The Lakes that looked like a knocking shop?????;)
    Aphrodites (sic) :eek:
    Continuing the look-a-like game Poshbloke looks like a cross between George Clooney and Harry Enfield, the one with the funny glasses looks like Greg Proops (or even Marjorie Proops)..

:D Showing your age there! I wrote to her once, when I was very, very young :o very wise lady. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Isn't it lovely for US to get feedback! :D

We understood your reason Luna, 'Miss findafault' is obviously no cook.
    Yes, we love our 'something gates', it's just a bit of light hearted fun on our part. :p

:eek: :D

Aphrodites (sic) :eek:

:D Showing your age there! I wrote to her once, when I was very, very young :o very wise lady. :cool:

That's the place..just so appropriate :rolleyes: for the land of Beatrix Potter although I suppose those poets got a bit racy at times.
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eli and Jason came out of this experience with a lot of positives and I can imagine it will only be good for their hotel. It looked a great place to stay and the breakfast looked really nice. I run a works canteen and can be seen doing all my cooking as its sort of open plan but I would hate to be filmed doing it. Well done Luna for explaining about the pancakes bet she wouldn't have been happy with it anyway but its great that you came here and could see all the good posts about how well the hotel was seen by the viewers. Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the couple from Wizards Thatch but not that keen on their place or the price.

The Winterbourne would be a bit of fun and so cheap too, never been to Blackpool. I am a smoker so it would be a bonus to be able to get a smoking room as so few places do them now.

The posh couple make me laugh, looking forward to their day, Mr Flique reckons they could be swingers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I've been to the Outside Inn several times whilst holidaying at Ribby Hall Village - good choice.

Have to say that Munch Bunch and her sidekick are really starting to annoy me -roll on tomorrow!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Never been to the Outside Inn, but we've used the nearby Tesco. It looks like a lovely place. On holiday, we don't usually get out of the touristy bit of Blackpool.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats more a room rate of my liking £40 and then theres a £160 for booze my pumpkinywumpkinys :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flique wrote: »
    I like the couple from Wizards Thatch but not that keen on their place or the price.

The Winterbourne would be a bit of fun and so cheap too, never been to Blackpool. I am a smoker so it would be a bonus to be able to get a smoking room as so few places do them now.

The posh couple make me laugh, looking forward to their day, Mr Flique reckons they could be swingers.

Now there's a thought. :eek: :D Anyway I still like them and hope they come on here.
    Marthaa wrote: »
    I've been to the Outside Inn several times whilst holidaying at Ribby Hall Village - good choice.

Have to say that Munch Bunch and her sidekick are really starting to annoy me -roll on tomorrow!

:D I think he called her "Sponge" at one point. Not the most tactful of endearments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now there's a thought. :eek: :D Anyway I still like them and hope they come on here.
    :D I think he called her "Sponge" at one point. Not the most tactful of endearments.

I think that's a strange thing to assess (Mr Flique) I reckon he was only joking though :D
    I think they just know how to have a good time, are acquitting themselves very well and not taking it too seriously. Besides I doubt very much they'd be thrilled with the plaque and secondly I imagine that quality is probably more a priority for their guests than 'value for money' ... which is not to say that it couldn't or isn't going to be judged great value, just that their guests are normally less likely to have that as top criteria.

Guernsey, I well remember the converted prison and the debacle with claustrophobia - have to say that did seem a complete set up...much like all the cooing and lovey dovery remarks this week, which are getting on my nerves - I reckon someone's going to be cringing seeing the edited footage.
This discussion has been closed.