Options

Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I am surprised that neither men are either owner or manager of the hotel, is thta actually allowed? can they use the people who put on the cabaret instead?? I thought they had to either own it or be the manager, well at least one of them anyway.

Strange setup.

James is described as "Boss No.2" on the website and he's clearly heavilly involved in running it, so he's a manager, is he not? I don't see that it has to be just the owners on the show but I'd have thought it would need to be at least one manager. James seems to fit the bill, so I don't see it as an issue myself.

Some people who run their places on their own take along a friend to accompany them... no-one says anything about that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The woman cooking the breakfast:eek::eek::eek:

She didn't look very clean.......i would politely decline:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I did chuckle at a couple of references to the wizards sleeve :)

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up.

Nice enough place tonight. You cant grumble at £40 for a room which was decorated OK (albeit the rooms did look rather small), a full english breakfast and a "broadway show" thrown in :p

As for Honeybunch and Munchbunch.....:rolleyes: Think they're playing a game...

Loving the posh two.

And a warm welcome to lunar. Thanks for posting and please dont feel you have to worry yourself on the breakfast. It was exceptional from what we saw and the person concerned was just nitpicking. Please dont take it personally.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    What I would say in favour of todays b&b is that for the money is is good value,

I do a lot of contract work and stay in b&b's up and down the country and it compares favourably.

They also seem to be very focussed on people having a good time.

There looked nothing wrong with the breakfast. Especially given the room rates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really don't like the bald guy from todays hosts, at all
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »

True, but to be fair to her she seemed very very pleasant and very warm to the guests.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    James is described as "Boss No.2" on the website and he's clearly heavilly involved in running it, so he's a manager, is he not? I don't see that it has to be just the owners on the show but I'd have thought it would need to be at least one manager. James seems to fit the bill, so I don't see it as an issue myself.

Some people who run their places on their own take along a friend to accompany them... no-one says anything about that!

WHat I dont understand is, the owner was happy to be known as the cook, why werent we told she owned it? it just seemed a little dishonest on the part of the programme thats all. It would have been much better with her going to the other properties. I just dont know why they did not tell us she was the owner.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »

Me too for one reason, the fancy stick on nails and nail varnish she had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too for one reason, the fancy stick on nails and nail varnish she had.

Mmmmmmm stick on nails in the scrambled eggs for breakfast:D:D
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While tonight's place would never be a choice of mine, it is incredible value for money, and not as bad as some places which charge a lot more! It's going to be hard to beat value for money wise without blatant game playing which is what makes this show a bit of a farce as a competition as everyone knows by now, but to be fair to the guy hosting, I can't really blame him being cheesed off at annoying blonde woman's comments about using better ingredients!
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHat I dont understand is, the owner was happy to be known as the cook, why werent we told she owned it? it just seemed a little dishonest on the part of the programme thats all. It would have been much better with her going to the other properties. I just dont know why they did not tell us she was the owner.

I would guess that she either didn't want to appear on the show (other than briefly, doing the breakfasts) or she couldn't go away for the couple of weeks in question. Could be lots of reasons. To then try to explain that she was actually the owner after all would surely complicate things for little benefit... at least to the viewers.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I pretty much agree with everyone about tonight's programme.

I like the Witch's Thatch couple and I really, really like the posh couple.

Fancy crying because you forgot to put the sugar on the table :rolleyes:
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,756
    Forum Member
    tynka bell wrote: »
    Looking on the Wizard's website, it appears no-one gets a hamper, just stuff in the fridge:

"Breakfast
    We are less than a minute from the village centre where there are a number of patesseries, cafes and coffee shops (including Costa Coffee) which open from 7.30am for breakfast. A Continental breakfast comprising croissants, butter jam, yogurt and fresh orange juice can be left in your fridge for an extra £5 per person. Please inform us if you require this breakfast. Full English breakfasts and sumptuous Continental breakfasts are available close by at The Alderley Edge Hotel. This award winning establishment is famed for its dining experience taken in The Alderley Edge Restaurant, an elegant conservatory with panoramic views across the Cheshire Plain.
    "

If I had paid nearly £200 for one night i would NOT want to go to the local cafe for a fry up!!!

I think that's outrageous! So customers are not paying £195 for B&B - just B. To show viewers hampers filled with lovely food is very misleading if in fact this is not what you get. I actually liked the look of those hampers and would have been happy to have had breakfast in bed (as there seemed to be nowhere to sit) . So as a potential guest, I would be very unhappy if these lovely filled hampers were introduced just for the show. :mad:
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I think that's outrageous! So customers are not paying £195 for B&B - just B. To show viewers hampers filled with lovely food is very misleading if in fact this is not what you get. I actually liked the look of those hampers and would have been happy to have had breakfast in bed (as there seemed to be nowhere to sit) . So as a potential guest, I would be very unhappy if these lovely filled hampers were introduced just for the show. :mad:

I don't think The Yellow Submarine provided breakfast either. I think they have relaxed the rules for this series so that they can include a wider range of accommodation. The rates at the Wizard seem excessive without breakfast included. Their website says they can provide a continental breakfast or if an Englsih is wanted
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,732
    Forum Member
    luna1111 wrote: »
    ... Thank you so much for the huge response to my post, for making me feel so welcome here, for seeing the bigger picture.. and for not biting ;)
    As I said, I needed to clear things up and like SolarSail said, I didn't really have to justify myself, but I wanted people to know the story behind the story so to speak.....

You guys are awesome :D

Rest assured it was a positive experience all ways round then Luna.
    And, also rest assured that the dedicated viewers of 4inaB are wise to most things these days ;)
    James is described as "Boss No.2" on the website... so I don't see it as an issue myself.

I don't see a problem and he's been there what? 18 years? so he's heavily involved and clearly emotional about keeping the business afloat. It's tough times, so fair play to them for trying hard...they can only work with what they've got.
    What I would say in favour of todays b&b is that for the money is is good value,

I do a lot of contract work and stay in b&b's up and down the country and it compares favourably.

They also seem to be very focussed on people having a good time.

There looked nothing wrong with the breakfast. Especially given the room rates.

It is what it is and as Dom said, what do you expect for that much?
    True, but to be fair to her she seemed very very pleasant and very warm to the guests.

I think so too.
    While tonight's place would never be a choice of mine, it is incredible value for money, and not as bad as some places which charge a lot more! It's going to be hard to beat value for money wise without blatant game playing which is what makes this show a bit of a farce as a competition as everyone knows by now, but to be fair to the guy hosting, I can't really blame him being cheesed off at annoying blonde woman's comments about using better ingredients!
    Seconded.
    Heartily seconded.

It's not a destination of my choice, or somewhere I'd personally choose, but if I was their target market, I think they seem to be doing a good job.

That's why I would love to see 'would you stay here again?' changed to 'would you recommend to their target market?'
    It's just a common sense question which is so wrongly phrased.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »

I don't think The Yellow Submarine provided breakfast either.

But I think they have relaxed the rules for this series so that a a wider range of accommodation can be included. The rates at the Wizard seem excessive without breakfast included. Their website suggests breakfast at another hotel!
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »

That's why I would love to see 'would you stay here again?' changed to 'would you recommend to their target market?'

It does seem a bit pointless because some of the couples would never book to stay there to begin with. The posh couple answered 'yes' but there's no way they would stay somewhere like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm don't think I would stay there either. But it's straightforward about what is - a one star hotel with B&B for £20. It was value for money and that's what the programme is about.
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luna1111 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness you lot are absolutely amazing...............You guys are awesome :D

We are, aren't we! ;):rolleyes::D Told you this was the friendliest thread in the world.

So glad you are pleased with what you and Eli have read on here. After all, we are the real public, the ones whose opinion counts when it comes to money in the Bank. Now, if only Eli gets her DS membership sorted out ..................................
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    We are, aren't we! ;):rolleyes::D Told you this was the friendliest thread in the world.

So glad you are pleased with what you and Eli have read on here. After all, we are the real public, the ones whose opinion counts when it comes to money in the Bank. Now, if only Eli gets her DS membership sorted out ..................................

Hear hear sis :)
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its almost as if the producers asked thm to put them in there ;)

What are you saying ...what do it on purpose :rolleyes:;):D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, how naughty:D
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I'm don't think I would stay there either. But it's straightforward about what is - a one star hotel with B&B for £20. It was value for money and that's what the programme is about.

Exactly. For £20 per person, what more can you expect? I think they may well win. After all how much less than £40 can you honestly pay? And I think Dom & Steph may well have overpaid.
    SolarSail wrote: »
    It is what it is and as Dom said, what do you expect for that much?

It's not a destination of my choice, or somewhere I'd personally choose, but if I was their target market, I think they seem to be doing a good job.

Totes agree! (Is that cool, or have I got it wrong).;)
    Just caught up.

Nice enough place tonight. You cant grumble at £40 for a room which was decorated OK (albeit the rooms did look rather small), a full english breakfast and a "broadway show" thrown in :p

As for Honeybunch and Munchbunch.....:rolleyes: Think they're playing a game...

Loving the posh two.

Totes agree again! :D:D:D
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why you'd go on a TV show and allocate a smoking room to non-smokers. They'd already met the other contestants, so why take the risk? :confused:
    Its almost as if the producers asked thm to put them in there ;)

It wouldn't be the first time;)
    The Hastings couple are being set up as this week's moaners & gameplayers - I expect she was "encouraged" to get on her hands and knees to wipe behind the toilet too. It is puzzling as to why they didn't ask to change rooms, though they may have and it not been shown. From another perspective, is it not odd the hosts put non-smokers in a smoking room but never mentioned it to the guests? Hmmm....
  • Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Continuing the look-a-like game Poshbloke looks like a cross between George Clooney and Harry Enfield, the one with the funny glasses looks like Greg Proops (or even Marjorie Proops).

I do like the posh couple. They are so blokey.
This discussion has been closed.