Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I watched last night's quite late on and paid particular attention because of the comments here. I think she does look in her 40s in close ups.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Observation - does anyone in Emmerdale who has a hat- go to bed in it because it is glued on permanent ?

Victoria took hers off to have sex. She keeps it on the rest of the time though.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    No, but Blackburn and Oates collaborate re storylines (and God knows what else).
    SB said so not so long ago, only he said it was so that they didn't do the same thing.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a604233/coronation-street-boss-stuart-blackburn-we-work-together-with-emmerdale.html I can only find the DS version not the original, but they won't be very different.
    We know she lies, seems he does too now,

But they ARE doing the same thing.>:( Do they think the viewers are completely stupid, some of us watch both soaps. I had hoped that ED would really buck up when The Het moved on, but it seems that he is still having a say in the s/ls. He really ought to but out and concentrate on his job instead of running Corrie into the ground as he almost did with ED.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catching up on the last two episodes - my god is Moira infuriating!!! I don't want to defend CainScum, but he was probably terrified and she had no sympathy. :mad:
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PO Spoilers for the last week of January.
    7089 Monday 26 January 7pm – 7.30pm

Chrissie’s stunned by Lachlan’s confession
    Val has a change of heart
    Adam strikes a deal

7090 Tuesday 27 January 7pm – 7.30pm

Nicola’s left gob-smacked by her diagnosis
    Moira’s uncomfortable around Emma
    Chrissie feels out of her depth

7091 Wednesday 28 January 2015 7pm – 7.30pm

Pete’s forced to tell Debbie the truth
    Belle struggles to keep things together
    Leyla tries to talk sense into Megan

7092 Thursday 29 January 2015 7pm – 7.30pm

James suffers an accident at work
    Katie’s convinced she’s got the upper hand
    Nicola breaks down

7093 Thursday 29 January 2015 8pm – 8.30pm

James’ life hangs in the balance
    Robert’s alerted to Katie’s plan
    Pete builds bridges with Emma

7094 Friday 30 January 7pm – 7.30pm

Andy’s furious at Katie’s actions
    Debbie’s taken aback by Pete’s decision
    Aaron confides in Paddy
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, dullagj2.:D
    So, maybe Katie catches Robert and Aaron at it. Andy refuses to believe Katie, tires of her meddling and whining, and kicks her out. Which leads to her death;-);-)

Could Nicola Wheeler be heading for a temporary exit, like Emma Atkins?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my God.

Please please PLEASE die. Please. Just die.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God.

:D

JoyOfPat will agree!

I think he will survive though.
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my God.

Sadly, I think they're saving your dearest wish for another character.:(:(:
  • Options
    Forum Member

JoyOfPat will agree!

Of course he will. The silly prick. Can't even die properly, >:(
    stellers wrote: »
    Sadly, I think they're saving your dearest wish for another character.:(:(:
    It had better not be someone I love. :(
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, dullagj2.:D

So, maybe Katie catches Robert and Aaron at it. Andy refuses to believe Katie, tires of her meddling and whining, and kicks her out. Which leads to her death;-);-)

Could Nicola Wheeler be heading for a temporary exit, like Emma Atkins?

I don't think Nicola Wheeler is pregnant is she?
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK so Pete is at least 12 years older than Finn as Emma said she should not have let a 12 year old boy dictate her life. So assuming Finn was a baby when she left, he is, what, 19 or 20 now? Which makes Pete at least 30. So just how old is Emma? She looks 30!
    Ridiculous casting.

Had"work" done?
  • Options
    Holmesc1Holmesc1 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Not heard emma atkins is pregnant either she may not even get sent down. As for the bartons mam the actress is only in her early 40s and unless she is playing someone older she must have had pete when she was 12! Good actress and nice looking woman but emmerdale need to get castings of right age
  • Options
    Amelia_SutherlaAmelia_Sutherla Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care how old the actress is she looks far too young to be their mother,ridiculous casting so unbelievable ,even for the storyline she must have been 12 when she give birth.
  • Options
    tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    With James going into hospital, I think it is time that Emmerdale Village had its own large hospital as the one they go to seems to be in constant use. I'm glad that Lachlan was not in hospital too long otherwise he may have needed to bunk over for Cain. That side room must be allocated for the village.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JoyOfPat will agree!

I would looooove that but sadly I don't think it will happen. :( Damn that Kate Oates, dangling the carrot and then taking it away
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he will. The silly prick. Can't even die properly, >:(

It had better not be someone I love. :(

There's no need for you to worry! It's someone you don't mind, rather than love.:)
    It was leaked ages ago.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for those.
    It's interesting that Lachlan confesses something to Chrissie on the Monday and then we don't hear anything else about it for the whole week. I'm assuming it's being kept back?
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK so Pete is at least 12 years older than Finn as Emma said she should not have let a 12 year old boy dictate her life. So assuming Finn was a baby when she left, he is, what, 19 or 20 now? Which makes Pete at least 30. So just how old is Emma? She looks 30!
    Ridiculous casting.
    On another thread someone gave a theory that Pete may have been 12 when he told her to go...but after she had spent a few years following them and seeing what they were doing. This would therefore make him younger when she originally left.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I don't care how old the actress is she looks far too young to be their mother,ridiculous casting so unbelievable ,even for the storyline she must have been 12 when she give birth.

I enjoyed her acting though.
    Her final words to Moira at the end of last night's Ep were almost chilling.

Looks like she might be a bit psychotic or something equally scary.
    Sounds like she harmed baby Ross - so she has some sadistic tendencies maybe?

:o
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mini synopsis of Ep

Emma was angry with James
    She was also angry with Moira and she used a tremendous number of words saying so
    Still she managed to get some acting out of James and so far no one else has managed that.
    Emma also tried to kill Ross before she left
    Shame she didn't succeed
    Someone is stealing stuff in the Village
    David blamed Lachlan or Belle
    Lisa blamed Belle
    Belle thinks Gemma did it as she told Gemma sparkly memorial
    After Belle told off Lachlan he wrecked the memorial how Belle will react to that is anybody guess.
    And I can't remember anything else other than some rubbish with Pearl and Gambling.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In real life she is 2 years older than Moira actress and that character has a 25 year old daughter.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    In real life she is 2 years older than Moira actress and that character has a 25 year old daughter.

Emmerdale has loads of characters who were parents at a very young age - Cain, Charity, Debbie, Chas, Moira, and now Emma (and James? Not sure how old he's meant to be..). they don't believe in letting the grass grow, do they?:D I bet Diane and Val were both only about 17 0r 18 when they had their eldest kids as well.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my God.

LOL! I thought that one would get a few people excited :D
    I enjoyed her acting though.
    Her final words to Moira at the end of last night's Ep were almost chilling.

Looks like she might be a bit psychotic or something equally scary.
    Sounds like she harmed baby Ross - so she has some sadistic tendencies maybe?

:o

I thought she was bloomin' epic! Love her glossy hair too.

Of all the people who have had a go at Moira over going with James all those years ago (to me) only this woman had a right to really give her grief as it was her husband Moira had shagged so I didn't mind her saying those things to Moira one bit. I'm sure if John had found out he'd have had a right go at his brother for it!! The grief that Moira got from all and sundry who had no right last year did my head in.
    Adam too I suppose but he went ridiculously OTT - however he seems to have had a change of personality whilst in prison, he's almost nice nowadays :o
    Mini synopsis of Ep

Emma was angry with James
    She was also angry with Moira and she used a tremendous number of words saying so
    Still she managed to get some acting out of James and so far no one else has managed that.

Emma also tried to kill Ross before she left
    Shame she didn't succeed
    Someone is stealing stuff in the Village
    David blamed Lachlan or Belle
    Lisa blamed Belle
    Belle thinks Gemma did it as she told Gemma sparkly memorial
    After Belle told off Lachlan he wrecked the memorial how Belle will react to that is anybody guess.
    And I can't remember anything else other than some rubbish with Pearl and Gambling.

BIB: :D love it!

Somehow Moira (or perhaps the actress) has always come over as quite mature so, I at least, quickly forgot how young she is to supposedly have kids of their age. But I definitely think that Gillian Kearney, no matter how old she gets, will always have an air of 'youth' about her. It's not just that she looks young she seems young too. I hope that makes sense as I can't really explain what I mean!
    Emmerdale has loads of characters who were parents at a very young age - Cain, Charity, Debbie, Chas, Moira, and now Emma (and James? Not sure how old he's meant to be..). they don't believe in letting the grass grow, do they?:D I bet Diane and Val were both only about 17 0r 18 when they had their eldest kids as well.

Summat in the watter. Either that or they do things differently in the country lol!
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God.

Can't see how as Cain's life was hanging in the balance this week.
This discussion has been closed.