Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 111)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an actress! She made that so powerful and emotional :(

She really did - just had to go sob on my bed for a bit & check on my little one after that :(
    That REALLY got to me:cry::cry: She was just like a little girl crying to her Mummy to make everything ok:cry::cry:

I know :(

The whole stupid kiss then - was a silly build up - 'who cares' and the unexplained argument but seeing the Masoods and hearing their comments was slotted in nicely and I think made him feel quilty. Stupid talking to the piper but complete right reaction to the kiss and i'm so over it now - it was nothing
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On iPlayer now....not that I want to re-watch it right now:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,278
    Forum Member
    I hope tomorrow is a better episode as I was in no way moved by James' death and not just because I could tell it was a doll... Billie's death had me actually well up (I don't often cry at tv/film.. I'm an ice queen) and this did nothing for me.

Sam, Jessie and Shane were all very good though, so kudos.

Maybe it's because I have the maternal instinct of a lump of coal but I dunno... I appreciated how it was shot with the revellers and fireworks set against Ronnie holding James... so from a flimmaking stand point I thought it was well done... but something didn't work for me and I'm not sure what it was...
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, well, that wasn't so bad. Well, the quality of it was shocking :rolleyes: and Christian's characterisation was bizarre and the whole thing was just random scenes that seemed entirely unrelated. But the actual kiss itself was nothing. Christian said no, the guy ignored him, he didn't kiss him back (so I could see anyway?) and then he repeated that he couldn't. Meh. I can easily forget this ever happened, yay.

The kiss was the least of our problems in that fiasco of an episode.
    That was probably one of the worst episodes I have ever seen. I am totally unmoved by the Ronnie/baby scenes which is unlike me as I cry over ANYTHING!!

Christian telling Roxy he and Syed had had a fight. RIDICULOUS!! Why the hell would he be in th Vic and leave Syed at home. And as for the stuff with the piper I can't even comment on it is was so PATHETIC!!!

I am :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thank you BK for f***ing up our lovely Chryed.

off to watch Jonathan Creek - at least that will be well written.

Stil :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The same for me. Alfie running into the hospital with Kat was the only bit where I thought ooooh even a tiny bit. And I cry like a tic as a rule.
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Glad i am not alone in that . I was not moved in any shape or form and it was really tame. Nothing at all distubing about it at all.

They didnt even show the switch which i guess is another edited job.

the switch is tomorrow as it set the same time:)
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I'm so proud of Christian for not responding to the kiss :)

The Christian of old would have had him up against the wall within seconds!

He's not that person anymore, he's a one man man, the only man he's interested in is his Syed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indehed wrote: »
    Dear Christian,
    I apologise for calling you a 'douche' and a 'knob' earlier. You are neither (atm). The piper was though (and freakishly tall). You were merely silly and, I suspect, stubborn (I'm assuming the fight ended with Syed shouting 'go out then!' and you saying 'Fine! I will' and storming out with a slam of the door).

I hope Heather tells you to stop crying and go home tomorrow/later on because that would be the sensible thing to do. Also, you should tell Syed because the piper was a knob and you did nothing wrong. In fact, you should tell Syed now so he can come over and hit the piper IN THE FACE for trying in on with you. :sleep:

Yours,
    indehed

p.s. don'thavesexwithRoxy, kthxbai

BIB - LMAO, love it!!

The earlier scenes were still pretty bad, but I shall rise above....and pretend they don't exist :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't process baby storyline at the moment, too sad .

Back to Chryed, I was upset with OOC Christian but he redeemed himself, that bloomin Piper had a ruddy cheek those lips belong to one man and one man only. Felt poignant with countdown as it reminded me of 2009 face sex. It will be interesting to see his guilt play out as he really didn't do anything, maybe he is sorry about the fight too.

Btw: When the piper said it was hot now ! , the way Christian nearly choked on his drink reminded me of the CIN East Street scene with Sean !
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad i am not alone in that . I was not moved in any shape or form and it was really tame. Nothing at all distubing about it at all.

Ronnie saying "mummy", her facial expressions, she played it to perfection.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    indehed wrote: »
    I hope tomorrow is a better episode as I was in no way moved by James' death and not just because I could tell it was a doll... Billie's death had me actually well up (I don't often cry at tv/film.. I'm an ice queen) and this did nothing for me.

Sam, Jessie and Shane were all very good though, so kudos.

Maybe it's because I have the maternal instinct of a lump of coal but I dunno... I appreciated how it was shot with the revellers and fireworks set against Ronnie holding James... so from a flimmaking stand point I thought it was well done... but something didn't work for me and I'm not sure what it was...

Yes X 1000 . Billies death was way more upsetting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more traumatised by 'it's even hotter now'. What. Come on, Syed's jokes are better than that.

It's really telling if Christian feels that guilty about something so minor. I'm totally fine about Syed forgiving him easily now.

I didn't actually cry at the rest of the episode. I think there's something wrong with me. I cry at Maury.

I didn't cry either....I'm actually more likely to cry at this polar bear programme. But then I generally like animals better than people :sleep::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    This definitely. Well, I don't think I would say I loved it. But if we had to have it, then I don't think it could have been much better.

OK, "loved" is a slight overstatement on my part. But we hyped it up on here and imagined some horrific snog to rival and destroy forever our memories of last NYE, Perfect Moment etc. In the end, it was nothing whatsoever. Best of all, the piper instigated (I was convinced Christian would be the one to make the move).

On the basis of that so-called kiss, C actually has no reason to feel as guilty as the spoiler suggest he does. If he's feeling guilty it should be for going out on the piss, seemingly having forgotten the reason why Syed is in a melancholy/ contemplative/ non-going-out mood
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really did - just had to go sob on my bed for a bit & check on my little one after that :(

Aww (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam was totally brilliant tonight, I think tomorrow's is going to be even sadder though :( I think it was really well done although had obviously been toned down a lot.

I'm so relieved about the kiss now too. It's obvious that Roxy was egging Christian on and daring him to go and talk to the Piper, but once he actually got there, he realised it wasn't him, it wasn't what he wanted. I'm so glad it was the Piper who made the first move and that Christian pulled away and said no.

I hope we get lots of Christian declaring his love for Syed tomorrow!

Oh, and I loved the look between Christian and Zainab and the reference to NYD :)

Good post - agree with it all.

The lack of the 'quarrel' leant the whole thing rather ridiculous though. It didn't make enough sense that he would be there, and act like that.

I'm not bothered though - its a small background thing in an episode, that didn't work - but Christian isn't compromised too much.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    LooC wrote: »
    Thank you so much Laura! :D

I'M SO HAPPY! I'M SO GLAD IT WAS NOTHING LIKE WE THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE! YAY! :D

STUPID SPOILERS!

SO HAPPY! :D

No worries hun! Glad I could keep you updated! It was honestly fine :) Apart from Chryed being apart on NYE and Christian seemingly not caring about Syed being home alone, it was absolutely fine! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether I cried or not...I felt like I was crying but there was no tears if that makes sense (I'm not normally a crying person but I think that's changing...)

Again, poor Ronnie :cry::cry:
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't cry either....I'm actually more likely to cry at this polar bear programme. But then I generally like animals better than people :sleep::rolleyes:

BIB i'm the same
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That piper must be about seven foot tall. I'm so glad that's over, really glad that the kiss attempt wasn't seen by anyone else. (Unless Zainab was lurking under the piper's kilt.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Christian choked on his drink he reminded of his scene in East Street with Antony Cotton!!

I'm proud you pushed him away Christian and said NO .... The man done good!! :)
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Ronnie saying "mummy", her facial expressions, she played it to perfection.

Im glad you liked it but i didnt feel anything. No real tears at all. She seemed dry eyed though out and add in the fact you could tell it was a doll though out her waving it about did not help.

I think it has been cut to bits and it would of been a lot more powerful uncut. They did say they took out some of the Ronnie audio and James hand so for me its been cut to bits so as to not offend anybody.
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so proud of Christian for not responding to the kiss :)

The Christian of old would have had him up against the wall within seconds!

He's not that person anymore, he's a one man man, the only man he's interested in is his Syed
    :)

This!!!

Christian said 'I can't' meaning he can't kiss him before and after the kiss and pulls away as soon as their lips touch and pushes him away when he tries to kiss him again...he loves Syed...and I think the only reason he talked to the piper was because Roxy egged him on and didn't even know how to respond to the piper flirting.....because Christian loves Syed :)
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I was pretty underwhelmed too, I must admit. I don't know if it's that my focus was elsewhere, or what. Sam Womack was absolutely incredible, but... I don't know. I just wasn't as upset as I was expecting to be. I was tearing up reading about it in the telly magazines, and actually watching it? Nada. It's weird.

I think it's possible that the toning down of the episode has made it less affecting, too.
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biddy, I didn't cry, either, but I thought Sam did a wonderful job. The scene with the blanket... but I am not emotionally invested in her story.

Just watching Friends, the scene where it comes out that Chandler kissed a guy in a bar. Sounds familiar.

Poor episode for Chryed. Do not get it.

Ah, Unless it is a set up for EE making it clear that their love is beyond time and space. See, Christian and Syed are destined for each other. Maybe that was the point,
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok that's over can we paaaartaaaay now? :D:D:D
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, "loved" is a slight overstatement on my part. But we hyped it up on here and imagined some horrific snog to rival and destroy forever our memories of last NYE, Perfect Moment etc. In the end, it was nothing whatsoever. Best of all, the piper instigated (I was convinced Christian would be the one to make the move).

On the basis of that so-called kiss, C actually has no reason to feel as guilty as the spoiler suggest he does. If he's feeling guilty it should be for going out on the piss, seemingly having forgotten the reason why Syed is in a melancholy/ contemplative/ non-going-out mood

Yes - and for getting himself into that silly situation just to please Roxy. He acted a prat, but no way is he unforgiveable.
This discussion has been closed.