Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXI (Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,867
Administrator
sergio2006 wrote: »
I dont why there is so much suprise about Sheamus winning. Hes been pushed hard recently, cant remember the last time he lost and dont forget he is a 2x WWE Champion, and a King of the RIng winner. I had him down as my no.3 after Jericho and Orton. Certainly a qualified winner. The only thing is where does this leave us for Mania. Sheamus vs. Bryan? The dark match from last year.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1606713

Comments

• Options
      SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,904
      Forum Member
      New thread! :)

I'll give my full thoughts on the Rumble later, but I was surprised to see Sheamus win the Rumble. I had him down as 4th favourite behind Jericho, Orton, and Barrett. Yes, he has been pushed for the last few months but I just find it odd/annoying that he's gone from feuding with the awful Jinder Mahal to getting a title match at Wrestlemania. I like the guy but I just think he could've been pushed better. Plus who did he last eliminate? Jericho, who has been back for less than a month. Yes, Jericho is a big name but I think Sheamus would've looked better eliminating an Orton or a Cena to get the win.
    • Options
      OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
      Forum Member
      From eWrestlingnews:
      The reason WWE officials decided on having Sheamus win the 2012 WWE Royal Rumble match was to throw a curve ball at numerous fans who were expecting Chris Jericho to win. The line Michael Cole used on commentary in which he asked what title Sheamus would challenge for at WrestleMania 28 was designed to make fans believe the storylines were just shaken up big time.

It should also be noted that WWE officials are high on the way Sheamus presents himself backstage and in public. They've had plans to push him hard for the past year or so.

Thinking about it, it was a kind of deserved win for Sheamus. There are plenty of heels who'd have a hard time turning face and his one is a massive success.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
      Forum Member
      Why did I think there was supposed to be 40 people in the Rumble this year ....??
    • Options
      OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
      Forum Member
      Anybody think this could be one of the most watched Raws just because people want to know what Jericho will say?
    • Options
      DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Why did I think there was supposed to be 40 people in the Rumble this year ....??

Because there were last year and you hadn't listened when they announced it was back to 30 this year? ;)
    • Options
      SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

They had 40 last year.
      Anybody think this could be one of the most watched Raws just because people want to know what Jericho will say?

I think most casual fans have given up caring at this point. A lot of hype, a bunch of talk and nothing delivered so far.

Also given the threatening nature of the promos before he returned, that he has came back as a silent goofball who then turned into a threatening heel and then ended up looking like a fool when his guarantee fell through thanks to a brogue kick... I think unless Jericho basically has a massive fit and leaves someone badly beaten at the end of RAW, they might as well just stick a fork in him because this return angle has totally fizzled out and is done unless they do something dramatic to rejuvenate it.

As it is he just looks like someone who has bought his own hype and ended up looking foolish for his efforts.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I'm glad they went back to a 30 man Royal Rumble. 40 is too much imo.
    • Options
      brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      as much as 40 is too much I do feel as there were a lot of people not on the card 40 may have been better... that or another match instead of the over the top promo's for rock and cena

as for YJ2 winning again I think people thought it was a cert and they did throw a curve ball, but it was still a poor ppv considering it was of the big 4
    • Options
      ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,561
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Poor PPV overall, all matches failed to deliver, although I did enjoy the Rumble match as always. Some cool returns, best of all was Road Dogg, and then Kofi doing his handstand - wow :eek:

Pleased enough to see Sheamus winning, big fan of his work. LOL at the Jericho angle failing to deliver yet again, I gave up on it weeks ago.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      First Raw in a while i'm looking forward too, mostly to see what's happening with Jericho.
    • Options
      rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      the jericho angle has gotten everyone confused,really really good promo's & build up but the minute showed up in person it's like a different character than the promo's.

at the rumble the world will end...

well it didn't & we're all still confused as to whats going on.

this raw tonight i feel will make or break jericho's what i would think last run in the WWE
    • Options
      gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

If Jericho had won the rumble last night then i would have agreed with you.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is more intrest in HHH making his return tonight than what Jericho has to say tonight.
    • Options
      nathan2226nathan2226 Posts: 3,170
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      One thing missing from the Rumble match was Kane!

He has appeared in it for 13 Years , his first was in 1999 !

Maybe that's why they left him out.... 13 consectutive appearances :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
      Forum Member
      I can see Punk vs HHH happening at Wrestlemania.
    • Options
      jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
      Forum Member
      I can see Punk vs HHH happening at Wrestlemania.

Seems like they're unsure what to do. Personally, I think that is the best option as the feud ended abrutly and adding the WWE title adds a new dimension.

Punk carries HHH; Jericho carries 'Taker.
    • Options
      vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Interesting that the Raw EC match will be for the WWE title rather than the winner going on to face the champion at Wrestlemania. Surely looking who is taking part the only way Jericho v Punk can happen now is Jericho winning the EC match.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      A lot of Jericho talk on here and obviously the usual suspects who gave up ages ago because they have no patience to wait for an angle despite the fact they were probably the same people saying they wish Punk had stayed away longer after MITB.

Anywho, Jericho on twitter:
      I've got something to say.... #raw

If it doesn't deliver or keep me intrigued tonight I think I'll have given up on it.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      vampirek wrote: »
      Interesting that the Raw EC match will be for the WWE title rather than the winner going on to face the champion at Wrestlemania. Surely looking who is taking part the only way Jericho v Punk can happen now is Jericho winning the EC match.

I thought it was always a title match?
    • Options
      vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I thought it was always a title match?

No, last year Cena won the RAW EC match to face Miz at Wrestlemania.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      “In breaking news, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis revealed exclusively to WWE.com the Superstars who will compete for the WWE Title in the Raw Elimination Chamber Match: WWE Champion CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, R-Truth, The Miz and Kofi Kingston.”

WWE.com
    • Options
      Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I thought the Royal Rumble match was a bit boring on the whole. At first, I thought that it was because certain people entered who shouldn't have been and others were left out. However, I've changed my mind now (probably will again) and now I think that it was the entry order that was the problem. They saved almost all of the big names for the second half of the Rumble and I think it would have been better if they were distributed evenly throughout the match.
    • Options
      Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
      Forum Member
      Thought Royal Rumble was ok the 2 world title matches were decent enough, Cena/Kane was ok, Divas match was pointless should have saved it for Raw or Smackdown, Funkasauras squashes yet another superstar this time Drew hate to admit it but Drew is finished, and as for the Royal Rumble match it wasnt a classic but still think it was entertaining nice to see Road Dogg return that guy hasnt missed a beat and Kharma returning was a shock to me as I didnt expect her to return so soon. Thought Miz and Cody performed well, Kofi handstand outside the ring was preety cool, and what a finish to the match that battle between Sheamus and Jericho was swinging back and forth. Pleased Sheamus won as it gets him back on track to main event status but at the same time disapointed that Jericho didnt win as it kinda makes his "end of the world as you know it" quote seem kinda pointless unless something happens with him on Raw tonight.
    • Options
      Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      “In breaking news, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis revealed exclusively to WWE.com the Superstars who will compete for the WWE Title in the Raw Elimination Chamber Match: WWE Champion CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, R-Truth, The Miz and Kofi Kingston.”

WWE.com

That's a great line up. I wonder if they will make Sheamus wait until after the Elimination Chamber to choose which World Title he'll go after at WM.
    • Options
      gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Harris_07 wrote: »
      They saved almost all of the big names for the second half of the Rumble

I remember they did the exact same back in the 1992 Royal Rumble.
    This discussion has been closed.