Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    This time warp thing is a bloody joke. >:(

It was a huge shame people are initial took offence with the BBspy article on why BB Canada are getting it right. Keeping trust with the fans
    Ben Frow whilst he was angry at least kept talking endemol completely shut up shop and didn't bother for over 5 weeks,

They need to face facts the direction the summer series is taking just isn't working for them Channel 5 or a lot of the fans. If there's no rows they feel the need to manufacture them.

They need a full review. not just of the feed but what the summer series is actually supposed to be and time to drop the need for the Towie audience etc. Personally I'd love to see Phil edgar jones take on such a review I know he works for SKY arts now
    but they need someone like him to take the show apart and see what can be saved.

The fact they are having to rely on former HM's to keep the show running says it all.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

Next big Twist Friday? one of the Legend HM's stays and gets the chance to win the series. or just put more in have another mass eviction and get rid of me of this years bunch and forget they ever got selected

Latest rumours, hopefully the 3 toerags will be gone THIS Friday with any luck and also there is an 80's theme rumoured for this coming weekend
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Latest rumours, hopefully the 3 toerags will be gone THIS Friday with any luck and also there is an 80's theme rumoured for this coming weekend

Nikki and Helen have gone, aisleyne is still there. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a huge shame people are initial took offence with the BBspy article on why BB Canada are getting it right. Keeping trust with the fans
    Ben Frow whilst he was angry at least kept talking endemol completely shut up shop and didn't bother for over 5 weeks,

They need to face facts the direction the summer series is taking just isn't working for them Channel 5 or a lot of the fans. If there's no rows they feel the need to manufacture them.

They need a full review. not just of the feed but what the summer series is actually supposed to be and time to drop the need for the Towie audience etc. Personally I'd love to see Phil edgar jones take on such a review I know he works for SKY arts now
    but they need someone like him to take the show apart and see what can be saved.

The fact they are having to rely on former HM's to keep the show running says it all.

It's been a very weak series oathy which just hasn't got going. It's not just samwell-smith that is the problem as I get the vibe Mr O'connor doesn't really want live feed either. Both men have been brainwashed by Desmond and Ford. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It feels as though channel 5 want marc to win guys and girls hence the lack of live feed. Ben frow I think has done this on purpose as I think he wants him to be signed up by Richard Desmond. What I'm saying could be a conspiracy theory or it could be close to the truth. But I can see civilian bb being axed after 2018 anyway, the talent of running the show just isn't there. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I hope this will leave to the downfall for Channel 5 with Celebrity Big Brother too as people like me will say boycott all of there channels, Including Breaking Bad on Spike.

People are claiming that marcs eviction was a fix last night, I think he is part of a reason hyperstarsponge why we've virtually had no live feed in the first place for this summer series as channel 5 have had to censor everything. Even when live feed did come on last night my friend after bbbots, the conversation turned to marc pretty much all the time. It was nice of them showing the chloe and Christian friendship too. :)

Think as well as that they really need to rethink their casting for next time round if it's to have any chance of a live feed whatsoever and for them to stop feeling the need to have a TOWIE sort of audience really. It's those people that are giving bb a bad name. >:(

Hate to say it but this bb has probably been the nastiest and least popular to date. Everything has revolved around manufactured conflict and little around hms actually having a good time. Even presenter emma Willis had a lot of abuse last night on twitter as they thought she was taking sides. We shouldn't blame her, we should blame the people who sign her pay cheque. :cry:

She may not be very good at her job, but at least there are many people who like her and that, I'd like for her to move onto something different really and for us to have a different kind of presenter and hopefully one that will fight our corner like davina with live feed issues. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally heard back from the head of Viacom
    sorry its not good news.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLzLhJvWsAAW8HZ.jpg:large

Talk about deluded yep those new ways of interacting with people are doing so well.
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    sorry its not good news.

Talk about deluded yep those new ways of interacting with people are doing so well.

the wording of that reply seems quite familiar to me
    their big brother turd will need some extra special polishing next year
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    sorry its not good news.

I feel as though i have read many such emails/letters in the past……same old nonsense etc
    but what is really going on behind the scenes?
    surely not more of the same,not if they want the show to continue for another 3 years…….
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    I feel as though i have read many such emails/letters in the past……same old nonsense etc
    but what is really going on behind the scenes?
    surely not more of the same,not if they want the show to continue for another 3 years…….

Ive sent a copy to both Ben Frow and Nick Samwell-Smith.
    I am disgusted. The "letter" was actually 65 pages of highly relevant information
    also the comments people took time to post on here and in the main forum.

Its failed Twitter/FB has failed as a concept has he checked BB AUS? lately they copied the Jeff forward idea and Flaccid doesn't even come close. No doubt when the time is right other factors will be used to blame on the shows failure.

More than ever i'm convinced we are going to be told Normal BB dropped in favour of longer winter/summer CBB's
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry its not good news.

Not exactly a shock is it:confused: New owners - Old excuses!
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive sent a copy to both Ben Frow and Nick Samwell-Smith.
    I am disgusted. The "letter" was actually 65 pages of highly relevant information
    also the comments people took time to post on here and in the main forum.

Its failed Twitter/FB has failed as a concept has he checked BB AUS? lately they copied the Jeff forward idea and Flaccid doesn't even come close. No doubt when the time is right other factors will be used to blame on the shows failure.

More than ever i'm convinced we are going to be told Normal BB dropped in favour of longer winter/summer CBB's

What are your reasons for thinking "Twitter/FB has failed as a concept"?

And what is the point about Australian BB? As I understand it, it did well the last time it was on, but the channel has so many other things they want to show that they're resting non-celeb BB, at least for now.

Anyway, I think it's unfortunate that the letter makes what seems to be a formula reply. As livefeed24/7now said, the wording seems quite familiar. A formula reply doesn't have much credibility and it may well not reflect what the people who could make the decision are currently thinking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    What are your reasons for thinking "Twitter/FB has failed as a concept"?

And what is the point about Australian BB? As I understand it, it did well the last time it was on, but the channel has so many other things they want to show that they're resting non-celeb BB, at least for now.

Anyway, I think it's unfortunate that the letter makes what seems to be a formula reply. As livefeed24/7now said, the wording seems quite familiar. A formula reply doesn't have much credibility and it may well not reflect what the people who could make the decision are currently thinking.

Hi Veri

its basically flying in the face of recent contact that said some live feed would be back.(in some form)
    complete and utter shambles. Both Endemol and Ben Frow would like the feed back in some shape or form. But by the wording of that letter you could swear the mediums they are currently using are keeping everyone happy (when they clearly are so limited in what they can offer)

He's actually on about control we had a series cut short and lack lustre ratings to say the least.

Happy summed it up nicely this guy is in control of other BB's yet they have remained loyal to the original format but somehow the UK version is different. It just doesn't make sense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Typical viacom conforming to ofcom rules and behaving like ofcoms bitch. >:(
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Football League highlights and films will get much more ratings then CBB these days no matter how much it is promoted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Football League highlights and films will get much more ratings then CBB these days no matter how much it is promoted.

To be honest I think the bb producers have told viacom a load of lies with the viewing figures of live feed. It's because of their lies that were left with peanuts coverage basically. Then again the modern day producers are loons anyway. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    To be honest I think the bb producers have told viacom a load of lies with the viewing figures of live feed. It's because of their lies that were left with peanuts coverage basically. Then again the modern day producers are loons anyway. >:(

Jeff fords reply was Curt to say the least.
    but this reply even shocked me he didn't even try to answer one question
    And they weren't out of place.

things like. Could he consider a review of the current setup
    and could he confirm they are using the same C4 data on the last live feed if so they will see owing to the issues of undercharging etc.

also the possibility of allowing a 3rd party to take the feed one that knows how to make a profit out of doing the service. He didn't answer one question and its not only him even the low tier's of Viacom wont answer.

If I was working for Endemol I would be very worried at the moment because shambles doesn't even come close. You'd never think they pulled the show early
    reading that letter ;)
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry its not good news.

What a load of old dismissive bullshine >:(

Thank you for keeping the good fight going, oathy, your tenacity is admirable.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's odd how Viacom (an American broadcaster) seem to view our CBB/BB.
    When BB:USA is going from strength to strength regularly winning it's slot in all key demographics,you'd think they would be trying to emulate that success here by doing everything they can to help the show. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once I get windows 10 and my bloody printer working. I will be replying to that thing he called a reply.

As before please feel free to post how you feel and I will reprint. I have no intention of letting the guy think that Jeff ford Lala view if BBUK is the correct. Is he even aware how crap twitter updates are with them? seriously
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Once I get windows 10 and my bloody printer working. I will be replying to that thing he called a reply.

As before please feel free to post how you feel and I will reprint. I have no intention of letting the guy think that Jeff ford Lala view if BBUK is the correct. Is he even aware how crap twitter updates are with them? seriously

His response is poor and is based on nothing - had he included stats to prove his point I would have probably accepted it.

If the world has 'moved on' since the early days of the show, then surely the whole thing needs to be canned as it used to pull in over 8 million viewers 'back in the day', today its not uncommon for it to struggle sustaining 1.5 million.

Lets also remind him that both the US and Canadian version have had a 24 hour live feed since their first season. The US version in particular actually offer this as a subscription based service and it still proves popular among fans, so his point about reflecting the habits and preferences of today's audience is not a valid one.

If they are so keen to cater to users of social media and in particular, their apps for Android & iOS, then why not at least introduce a mobile live stream that's exclusive to these apps. They'd not need to bother with TV scheduling and this would allow people to dip in and out wherever they are. This is what I would call 'keeping with the times', not offering text updates every couple of hours. We live in a world where most people have a 3G/4G mobile data connection and smartphones which are more than capable of live video streaming (I watched both Glastonbury & Wimbledon live through the BBC's app solely using my mobile data connection and it streamed perfectly)

They are the ones that aren't with the times and its only going to get worse for them as a broadcaster if they aren't willing to embrace new technology. (Let's not even start on the official Big Brother website - embarrassing is an understatement.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    His response is poor and is based on nothing - had he included stats to prove his point I would have probably accepted it.

If the world has 'moved on' since the early days of the show, then surely the whole thing needs to be canned as it used to pull in over 8 million viewers 'back in the day', today its not uncommon for it to struggle sustaining 1.5 million.

Lets also remind him that both the US and Canadian version have had a 24 hour live feed since their first season. The US version in particular actually offer this as a subscription based service and it still proves popular among fans, so his point about reflecting the habits and preferences of today's audience is not a valid one.

If they are so keen to cater to users of social media and in particular, their apps for Android & iOS, then why not at least introduce a mobile live stream that's exclusive to these apps. They'd not need to bother with TV scheduling and this would allow people to dip in and out wherever they are. This is what I would call 'keeping with the times', not offering text updates every couple of hours. We live in a world where most people have a 3G/4G mobile data connection and smartphones which are more than capable of live video streaming (I watched both Glastonbury & Wimbledon live through the BBC's app solely using my mobile data connection and it streamed perfectly)

They are the ones that aren't with the times and its only going to get worse for them as a broadcaster if they aren't willing to embrace new technology. (Let's not even start on the official Big Brother website - embarrassing is an understatement.)

thank you so much for posting this is it okay If I include this in a reply to him?
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

Updates? It is laughable that the twitter feed consists of things like "which housemate is having a sneaky nap?" (and never telling us)

The reason some people (with more patience than me) persist with the "updates" is because there is no live feed, not because they actually like it!
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that Big Brother Live Twitter account should have no followers really.
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    thank you so much for posting this is it okay If I include this in a reply to him?

of course, I'd love him to read it. ;-)