Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 5)

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 12:24
neil_c
Forum Member

Read that. Most odd. The "black and decker" stuff with Starr and then the "white and decker" quip of Bruno as Savile drops his trousers... The mind boggles.
You'll need to look further back to Bruno's pre and post boxing match interviews with Harry carpenter. That's where 'black and decker' (rhyming slang) became a jokey reference point with the affable Bruno at the time.

Continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1752522
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:40
nattoyaki
Forum Member

It's worth reposting the link I think as we're now onto a new thread.

Frank Bruno's This Is Your Life, with a very uncomfortable private 'joke' between Bruno and Freddie Starr that is later continued with Savile when he appears and drops his trousers on national TV

Also a bit of an odd moment (could be nothing) when Phil Collins appears to pay tribute for his work for The Prince's Trust (hmmm) and then winks as he tells him to 'have fun at the party after':

http://cowanandthestupiddream.wordpr...-is-your-life/
Old 05-11-2012, 12:45
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Also a bit of an odd moment (could be nothing) when Phil Collins appears to pay tribute for his work for The Prince's Trust (hmmm) and then winks as he tells him to 'have fun at the party after':

There's a photo around showing Savile, Charles and Bruno together, at some social event, if you recall.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:51
nattoyaki
Forum Member

There's a photo around showing Savile, Charles and Bruno together, at some social event, if you recall.
Ah yes, but I didn't realise they were such close friends.

Also, yet another occassion that Aspel met Savile, so as well as saying in that interview with Scofield he didn't meet him or do his This is Your Life (with a clip showing he did played straight after) his next claim (that he only met him once) was also incorrect.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:51
skp20040
Forum Member

By the looks of the photo and the people in the backgorund wearing name badges it looks more like an offical event as opposed to social.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...nch-maids.html
skp20040 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52
skp20040
Forum Member

Ah yes, but I didn't realise they were such close friends.

Also, yet another occassion that Aspel met Savile, so as well as saying in that interview with Scofield he didn't meet him or do his This is Your Life (with a clip showing he did played straight after) his next claim (that he only met him once) was also incorrect.
Do you have to be such clsoe friends to be introduced at an offical function? Frank Bruno was being introduced to prince Charles.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:59
nattoyaki
Forum Member

Do you have to be such clsoe friends to be introduced at an offical function? Frank Bruno was being introduced to prince Charles.
I wouldn't have thought so, that was exactly my point - a photo is one thing, but on Bruno's This Is Your Life Savile is introduced as/revealed to be a close friend.
Old 05-11-2012, 13:04
pmaxted
Forum Member

Now then , now then , now then you're not still going on about the good old Sir Jimmy still are you...have you not jobs to go to ,kitchens to be cleaned and matters to attend to.

This is like some real life, real time , multi-dimensional Robert Ludlum novel - very sadly with abused children at the heart of the plot - surely the longest running thread in DSF history by a long shot ?
Old 05-11-2012, 13:07
brandon99
Forum Member

I've been doing a spot of research about the Crest Hotel in Wrexham if anyone is interested...
Old 05-11-2012, 13:08
festyflo
Forum Member

Funny someone mentioned Tony Blair. JS had dinner with Sir Micheal Boyce, chief of defence in the Iran/Iraq war, navel officer. I wonder what they talked about?

When official lists of those entertained to dinner were released under the Freedom of Information Act, it emerged that Savile had dinner with Dame Judi Dench and Admiral Sir Michael Boyce (Chief of the Defence Staff), which is quite a combination.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2BLw8TXMA
Old 05-11-2012, 13:10
festyflo
Forum Member

I've been doing a spot of research about the Crest Hotel in Wrexham if anyone is interested...
If you've found anything interesting please
munta
Forum Member

All of us I would think are interested.
tamara1969
Forum Member

Would love to now who owned it and allowed it to be 'used' in such a manner. Do tell .....
Old 05-11-2012, 13:13
IsThisNameFree9
Forum Member

It's worth reposting the link I think as we're now onto a new thread.

Frank Bruno's This Is Your Life, with a very uncomfortable private 'joke' between Bruno and Freddie Starr that is later continued with Savile when he appears and drops his trousers on national TV

Yup, the Prince’s Trust. Speaking of which http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226509986772

There's also that bizzare video at Savile's funeral where Bruno and Mike Read joke about Savile having had Bruno on the floor a few times. It's on YouTube but I think direct link only when I saw it so maybe someone has a link to it?
Old 05-11-2012, 13:16
skp20040
Forum Member

Would love to now who owned it and allowed it to be 'used' in such a manner. Do tell .....
In 1960's it was sold and demoplsihed apart from the front , rebuilt and named the Crest Hotel it was then sold in 1985 to Burtonwood Brewery who returned it to its original name of the The Wynnstay Arms Hotel. It was then owned by Llangollen Hotels Group until they went into administration and is now owned by Marstons.

It was used for the startup of local groups of the Freemasons ,the Football Association of Wales,the Rotary Club and the Round Table
Old 05-11-2012, 13:21
pmaxted
Forum Member

There is the wisdom of crowds going on to some extent with these forums particuarly this one acting as a clearing house for information I hope the main stream press are monitoring these sites as well. Even the DI forum has a role to play. In this day of the internet the establishment can no longer suppress the free flow of information. Already the biggest showbiz scandal in British history and probably soon to be the biggest political scandal in British history as well.

Coming so soon after the truth on Hillsborough I think it is dawning on the 'powers that be' that you can't just sweep these things under the carpet anymore. But in all of this the Tories have so much to lose - not only are they being seen as a bunch of pleb-hating Eton toffs but harbour a cabal of sadistic , potentially child-murdering paedophiles. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
Old 05-11-2012, 13:26
sozzled2day
Forum Member

David Cameron finally ordering an inquiry into the north Wales abuse.

Leanne Wood, the leader of Plaid Cymru, called for the Waterhouse inquiry to be opened at once.

"I would like to see the Waterhouse inquiry reopened with its terms of reference expanded.

The Party of Wales will be raising this with the Welsh government in the assembly as a matter of urgency this week to see exactly what can be done."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...sex-ring-claim
Old 05-11-2012, 13:27
IsThisNameFree9
Forum Member

Found the funeral video. Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P-ml7ifQKfQ

He seems to have been close to Bruno. No pun intended, given the "put Frank on the floor a couple of times" line...
Old 05-11-2012, 13:30
skp20040
Forum Member

There is the wisdom of crowds going on to some extent with these forums particuarly this one acting as a clearing house for information I hope the main stream press are monitoring these sites as well. Even the DI forum has a role to play. In this day of the internet the establishment can no longer suppress the free flow of information. Already the biggest showbiz scandal in British history and probably soon to be the biggest political scandal in British history as well.

Coming so soon after the truth on Hillsborough I think it is dawning on the 'powers that be' that you can't just sweep these things under the carpet anymore. But in all of this the Tories have so much to lose - not only are they being seen as a bunch of pleb-hating Eton toffs but harbour a cabal of sadistic , potentially child-murdering paedophiles. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
In the sense they are the ones being talked about at present , the 2 former Labour Cabinet ministers and various Labour and Lib Dem councillors and activists on the files of Operation Ore do not seem to be getting a mention, maybe that will come later.
Old 05-11-2012, 13:37
sozzled2day
Forum Member

In the sense they are the ones being talked about at present , the 2 former Labour Cabinet ministers and various Labour and Lib Dem councillors and activists on the files of Operation Ore do not seem to be getting a mention, maybe that will come later
Not just talked about. Accused of child abuse.

Labour MP Tom Watson has revealed he has been contacted with accusations about “a former Cabinet minister who regularly abused boys”.

Mr Watson refused to disclose the identity of the alleged paedophile who is believed to be a Tory who served in Lady Thatcher’s front bench team.

The bombshell claim means there are now allegations that four senior Conservatives, including at least two who were close to the former Prime Minister, were child abusers.
Old 05-11-2012, 13:39
nattoyaki
Forum Member

Found the funeral video. Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P-ml7ifQKfQ

He seems to have been close to Bruno. No pun intended, given the "put Frank on the floor a couple of times" line...
Oh my...all sorts of weird stuff in that. What does Bruno say at the end? Is it 'The Don' or something?

Hear hear. Questions have to be asked as far up as the Royals now, don't they, for us all to be satisfied?

Also, let's hope it makes their plans to more carefully control and monitor the internet impossible now.
Old 05-11-2012, 13:47
jassi
Forum Member

Oh my...all sorts of weird stuff in that. What does Bruno say at the end? Is it 'The Don' or something?

Hear hear. Questions have to be asked as far up as the Royals now, don't they, for us all to be satisfied?

Also, let's hope it makes their plans to more carefully control and monitor the internet impossible now.
I fear it might make 'them' even more determined now. Plebs can't be allowed to be in control .
Old 05-11-2012, 13:51
welwynrose
Forum Member

[/b]
Funny how their still missing the allegations about the Labour MP's
Old 05-11-2012, 13:51
nattoyaki
Forum Member

I fear it might make 'them' even more determined now. Plebs can't be allowed to be in control .
I think we've reached a watershed moment in the relationship between government and the people now. They'd never get away with it.

Anyway, sorry Tories, this horse has bolted already.
Old 05-11-2012, 13:54
skp20040
Forum Member

[/b]
My point being was that there is no mention of other parties

Closed Thread