Options

The Missing

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    It is now too laboured to be honest and would be better without having three time periods with which to contend.

There were quite a few times when I wished it would hurry along a bit..... I was getting quite fond of the shop that appeared in every other shot though.... 'Am'... something. :D
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    Well I thought it was another great episode. It certainly answered a few of my queries.

Only thing I didn't understand, what did Maliki have to gain by holding onto the evidence. Why not hand it in?

Also there was another mention of the broken TV . That's 3 times Tony has mentioned it now. Must be relevant.

Maybe there's a secret camera behind the screen so the hotel owners can watch children in bed/undressing etc.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It showed exactly how he did it. The same way as all the recent phone hacking in the UK was done.
    He put something in his phone? Coding. I'll have to watch that bit again.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, congratulations to the poster last week who figured out that the sobriety medal was the piece of evidence. We've still got some thinking to do, but that was vital for the armchair detectives here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He put something in his phone? Coding. I'll have to watch that bit again.

Don't know but the pin code was 0000
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Everyone now knows it's Alain......if the medal wasn't enough, there were more shots of him looking furtive and smoking tonight than in any other episode just to remind us of him..........way too obvious. According to my missus this is all misdirection and the actual abductor is....his wife Sylvie. She can't say why, but she just thinks it is too obvious to be Alain. The queen bee reference is not to be disregarded either.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to whoever guessed last week it was the sobriety medal!
    Was it mitu-pappi?
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I've re watched first 4 episodes and reviewed the Malik scenes again the last two episodes. Surprising what detail you miss.

In terms of the episodes the key messages for me are:

Unsolved case in Morocco - Charmantaines clearly Ziane/Malik are linked to this.

Baptiste says if Ollie not found immediately he won't be.

Someone you know someone with a grudge is usually involved.

James mistaken for Ollie - twice.

Baptiste asks Mark to be involved in investigation more than liaison job.
    (Does he know more about what job he has?)

Undercover cop immediately asked for Baptiste so he knew about gang being infiltrated due to job in Paris.

Mark present when 3pm transaction mentioned in warehouse. He asks what chance Ollie still alive if sex trafficking involved to Thailand. Gang were pre-warned.

Mark told about liaison at railway station with undercover cop at 8 pm. Who told gang?

Mark on scene to arrest Ziane.

Lastly Emily to Mark - Imagine if it was your son that had gone.

Does Mark know James was the target?

Mark once again knew about them going to see Ziane!!!
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    So Malik got his information about Garrett from listening to Tony's phone. How does he manage that?

As everyone just said, the same way all those News of the World and Sun journalists hacked into phones - like when they read the Milly Dowler messages and deleted them. And no, it's not legal and they should go to jail for it. Probably still doing it now, the *******.

But including it in the drama tonight was just stunning - another reason to utterly hate Malik, just as we're also seeing his pain over his son. Totally in character that he would be that kind of scum journalist as well.

Brilliant, brilliant episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It couldn't be Baptiste could it? :o:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone now knows it's Alain......if the medal wasn't enough, there were more shots of him looking furtive and smoking tonight than in any other episode just to remind us of him..........way too obvious. According to my missus this is all misdirection and the actual abductor is....his wife Sylvie. She can't say why, but she just thinks it is too obvious to be Alain. The queen bee reference is not to be disregarded either.

Ohhh - clever! I said to OH earlier that the bees need to be relevant somehow
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He dialled 0000#, just like the phone hacking journalists that have been in the news quite recently. They are able to do it because people don't bother to set PINs for their voicemail.

The sobriety medal - why does it *have* to be Alain's? Is there a name engraved on it? Can't be or Malik would have known. It could be anyone's - lots of recovering alcoholics collect them.
  • Options
    dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Congrats to whoever guessed last week it was the sobriety medal!
    Was it mitu-pappi?

I think it was me - thank you :D
    I said it had to be as otherwise there was really no point to the scene where Sylvie showed the coins/medals to Tony.

mitu-pappi was probably too busy slagging off the BBC and the writers etc.

It's an interesting idea that it could actually be Sylvie rather than Alain.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    It is now too laboured to be honest and would be better without having three time periods with which to contend.

Not for me - I was thoroughly engrossed in that episode - can't wait for the last one.

Mind you, I could happily spend hours just listening to Julien Baptiste's voice:blush::D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When's the box set dvd out?
    In time for xmas?
  • Options
    Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member

must admit I am thinking it could be her to be honest , they have no children of their own maybe its nothing to do with paedophiles at all there maybe a bit of a twist to come
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Phone hacking. He has been trying to collaborate what he heard. Couldn't release his source.

I get it now. Didn't expect that from Malik but looking back I suppose I should have, seeing as he's been portrayed as a sleezy journalist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    //It's an interesting idea that it could actually be Sylvie rather than Alain. //

That thought crossed my mind too.....
  • Options
    Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member

Agree totally. Beginning to look too obvious to be Alain. Writers wouldn't suddenly make it that blatant . Sylvie was the one that got Tony to come back in the first place by putting that photo on Facebook with the boy in the yellow scarf. But why does she want him back investigating the case?
  • Options
    gerry23gerry23 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    So, it was the sobriety medal. But no one as far as I can remember without going back through 92 pages, came up with phone hacking as the way Malik knew about Tony killing Garrett.

I'll go back and have another look, but when Tony returned to the hotel (when he told Sylvie that he was still going to stay even though the other boy's disappearance was not connected), there was a guy on the left of the hotel entrance smoking. When they were at the station waiting for Mark, there was a guy sitting on a bench on the platform - was it the same bloke? Did anyone else notice or is this programme making me question everything and everyone?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    must admit I am thinking it could be her to be honest , they have no children of their own maybe its nothing to do with paedophiles at all there maybe a bit of a twist to come

They've got a daughter.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    Agree totally. Beginning to look too obvious to be Alain. Writers wouldn't suddenly make it that blatant . Sylvie was the one that got Tony to come back in the first place by putting that photo on Facebook with the boy in the yellow scarf. But why does she want him back investigating the case?

She wouldn't have known that the scarf was Ollie's - didn't they say that the people in the photo had been traced and that they'd bought the scarf in a charity shop?
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mark could of changed the evidence that was in the bag. He's only ever showed a real interest in the investigation tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could Oliver have been in the hotel all this time?

How did someone find out Ziane was going to pass on information? Was it Mark agajn?

What will Mark do with the information about Tony and Ian Garret?

Roll on next week!!!
  • Options
    Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    They've got a daughter.

have they ? must have missed that bit lol:D