Media reaction to Jade Goody/Max Clifford

Comments

• Options
    capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie666 wrote: »
    Never said I believe her :rolleyes:.

I never said you did. That is why I replaced the word"you" with "some" when I posted. :D

Ronnie666 wrote: »
    I don't read The Sun/Mirror/News Of the World/Heat (well thats a lie read it once in an airport). For me all these types of "stories" should be taken with a pinch of salt but who is to say she has or hasn't got cancer.

Who is to say anything that they read is true? People on this thread are expressing their opinions about Goody and her cancer publicity circus. Some believe, most don't, she has cancer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caprice wrote: »

Who is to say anything that they read is true? People on this thread are expressing their opinions about Goody and her cancer publicity circus. Some believe, most don't, she has cancer.

Thats the thing that I don't like about this thread though. If someone has a different opinion to the non-believers they are abused (for a start they are called Goody fans and that is an insult to me) and it's implied they must be thick to believe stuff they read in the papers! When in fact the only evidence people can produce that she hasn't got cancer is from the papers/magazines/internet.
  • Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mzstake wrote: »
    We are all on the edge of our seats waiting for the big expose that is coming....it is isn't?

I keep checking on here because, despite most people on this thread wanting Jade to vanish from the public eye, this is the place to find out the latest news...strange but true.

If at least 10 very hard working investigative forum members have found all the stories then it can't be long before the media finds out.

(btw - if one tries to post on the get well thread all of a sudden its swamped with a group of people mocking the well wishers. Terrible isn't it.:()

That's awful! The thing about some forums is that there is no intelligent discussion. They descend into personal insults just because people have different opinions. Makes me wonder, as someone who left school in the 1960's, if they still teach the art of debate?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn! Give it up, do you really think we are that stupid?:rolleyes:

??? Theres only you taken the time and energy to do the detective work (which I find a litle odd)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gertie wrote: »
    Who made you the forum police:rolleyes: telling members where they can and cant post:mad:

I'm not telling ANYONE what they can & can't post..
    But rules are being broken. Two accounts are a No-no.
    There would be not point in removing disruptive posters if they just turn around and sign back up.

As I say. The Mods will sort it if it needs sorting:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    jgj wrote: »
    There were photos of her loading the shopping into the boot, photos of her pushing the trolley, photos of her by the car with the keys in her hand - they were posted on here, too, just a few pages back.

The papers are so naughty, look at these photo's here. Both about the same story. One shows Jade loading her shopping into the car, the other one appears to show Jade driving to get her shopping. It would appear she must stopped and changed her clothes, coloured and cut her hair and changed her ear rings. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    The papers write one thing then we see pictures of her doing the opposite.:confused:

She certainly wouldn't have been with them if she had stayed on Big Boss
  • Options
    Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    Excellent post Huffy1968.

You're welcome! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Alice SAlice S Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    The papers are so naughty, look at these photo's here. Both about the same story. One shows Jade loading her shopping into the car, the other one appears to show Jade driving to get her shopping. It would appear she must stopped and changed her clothes, coloured and cut her hair and changed her ear rings. :eek:

I've noticed the Mirror tends to do that.

They put the picture which is to do with the story in the real paper and in the online version the picture is a completely unrelated one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you should judge her on being a mum considering you don't know her or the little ones thats very low.

Where is your evidence of all of that? Daily star? Now magazine? It's all bullshit...

Those children are gorgeous, they are healthy they are happy, I think she is a good mum, They are hardly neglected.

Ok.. I'll play the devils advocate. You say there is no evidence she is a bad mum... what evidence is there that she's a good one? The fact she sends them to a private school??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When you have children of your own you might think differently.:p;)

I totally agree. Things can be very different when you have kids. I have always tried to be honest with my two though. And there is no risk of them reading about their lives in a newspaper or magazine. If there is any truth to reports that Jade is lying to her kids then she is being very naive. I'm sure she would feel she is doing it to spare them any hurt or worry but personally for me I've always found the truth to be a better option
  • Options
    missinglinxmissinglinx Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you forget to post something? like a picture of her at Wayland prison:confused: a picture of her lifting a bag of heavy shopping, one of her driving would be quite a scoop.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: good game this:D

Maybe you forgot or missed or whatever this link to this picture that somebody kindly scanned...

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goodyec2.jpg

HTH:)
  • Options
    gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    I totally agree. Things can be very different when you have kids. I have always tried to be honest with my two though. And there is no risk of them reading about their lives in a newspaper or magazine. If there is any truth to reports that Jade is lying to her kids then she is being very naive. I'm sure she would feel she is doing it to spare them any hurt or worry but personally for me I've always found the truth to be a better option

I agree the children have to be told something, but it's up to Jade and Jeff to decide what to tell them, it's thier decision to make not ours.

I expect Jade can remember how she felt as a child when her mum was so ill, and thats probably what she is trying to protect her own children from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jgj wrote: »
    There were photos of her loading the shopping into the boot, photos of her pushing the trolley, photos of her by the car with the keys in her hand - they were posted on here, too, just a few pages back.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: good game this:D

Maybe you forgot or missed or whatever this link to this picture that somebody kindly scanned...

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goodyec2.jpg

HTH:)

Hope this helps. Shocking really, no wonder we get confused when the papers use random photos to go with the same stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree the children have to be told something, but it's up to Jade and Jeff to decide what to tell them, it's thier decision to make not ours.

I expect Jade can remember how she felt as a child when her mum was so ill, and thats probably what she is trying to protect her own children from.

Yes but she is all over the papers and magazines...and the kids go to school. Surely it would be better to hear from your own mother rather than in the school playground
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member

On the assumption that Jade's cancer is real and lets say the BB India announcement was really beyond her control, she could still have protected her kids by coming home and having the extra tests etc without announcing the tests and results to the nation. She didn't. We have had just about every detail from her or her camp. From 8 hour operations, to having 3 months to live etc etc. Personally, I don't believe the story that she even intended to keep the news from her kids. I think that that story was said for dramatic effect. Her kids no doubt have seen her face and headlines in the front pages of the newspapers, magazines etc. How could they miss them unless she kept them away from shops etc. Whatever they have been told, they have been told something. They would have to, because you can bet your boots that the other kids in school have probably filled their ears with loads of stuff about their mum, whether it is true or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caprice you take the argument to another level bringing her children into it. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jade is not a good mother.

It isn't Caprice who is bringing Jade's children into it - it is Jade who is exploiting her children's feelings about things - other people are trying to defend Jade's children by saying that they should not be mentioned every time Jade's cancer is mentioned - it is much more than bad taste...

The reason why there could never be any evidence that Jade is not a good mother is because it is not legal to name and shame parents in the media because it stigmatises the children's lives...:(

This is the exact same reason why Jade should keep her sons out of the press too...:(

HTH:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It isn't Caprice who is bringing Jade's children into it - it is Jade who is exploiting her children's feelings about things - other people are trying to defend Jade's children by saying that they should not be mentioned every time Jade's cancer is mentioned - it is much more than bad taste...

The reason why there could never be any evidence that Jade is not a good mother is because it is not legal to name and shame parents in the media because it stigmatises the children's lives...:(

This is the exact same reason why Jade should keep her sons out of the press too...:(

I am a little confused now. Are you saying the press know that the children are not being looked after properly and are not printing stories about it? Or in your opinion Jade is not being a good mother.

This is quite interesting, funny what you find on the web.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/helpandadvice/yourfamily/aztopics/celebrityparentstellall_wda36671.html

Btw - its not directly linked to the children being in the media but interesting all the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am a little confused now. Are you saying the press know that the children are not being looked after properly and are not printing stories about it? Or in your opinion Jade is not being a good mother.

Sorry - I do not know why you are asking me what I am saying or why you are adding things in that I haven't said and asking me if I'm saying your things...:confused:

I said:

the reason why it is illegal to show children's faces in the media in connection with an adult's story - or when they have been abused it is illegal to name the abuser - is because....

this sort of media exposure damages the rest of children's lives

[Weirdly enough - Michael Jackson started this - he showed the world how damaging media exposure is to children when he covered his children's faces with scarves... weird that is - but true;)]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry - I do not know why you are asking me what I am saying or why you are adding things in that I haven't said and asking me if I'm saying your things...:confused:

I said:

the reason why it is illegal to show children's faces in the media in connection with an adult's story - or when they have been abused it is illegal to name the abuser - is because....

this sort of media exposure damages the rest of children's lives

[Weirdly enough - Michael Jackson started this - he showed the world how damaging media exposure is to children when he covered his children's faces with scarves... weird that is - but true;)]

Oh dear, we are not understanding each other again. Ok, best to leave it there as it will make my head hurt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, we are not understanding each other again. Ok, best to leave it there as it will make my head hurt.

Sorry you do not understand that a child's life is not something that should be subjected to media gossip...:(

I clearly understand you - shame you think I don't - and sorry you haven't appreciated my help with your problems in understanding this either...:(
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    Excellent post Huffy1968.

Yes I would agree with that very good Huffy:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caprice you take the argument to another level bringing her children into it. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jade is not a good mother.

Well I agree with Caprice. Jade went to India for what she thought was to be for 3 months. Leaving her boys during the school holidays. That is not being a goody caring Mother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the Mods will ....I haven't broke no rules...Maybe if you have evidence to back up your claims? But you don't so don't go around commiting slander telling me I'm someone else!

I'm completely innocent and I don't need you starting on me on a public forum embarrasing me when I haven't done anything to you and I've certainly not broke any rules.

How can you be embarrassed on a forum? No one knows who you are:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    How can you be embarrassed on a forum? No one knows who you are:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you can be embarrased hence this little thing :o You know like when you make a silly mistake or misunderstand something.

Posts can make you sad, angry or laugh. We are people behind the keys.

I really think they should ban that roll eyes smilie though, its causes so many rows on threads.
This discussion has been closed.