Options

ghost whisperer season4

13»

Comments

• Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Incidentally Hugsie, I've been reading all your posts on the Babylon 5 thread, and wanting to contribute, but it's been so long since I watched it I can't get "down and dirty with the details" like you guys are, so until I manage to watch it all again (soon hopefully) I'll just keep reading.
    Going really well though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Re Medium: thanks all of you who suggested/supported it. I watched the first 4 eps at the weekend and I'm now totally hooked! Sky-plussed for this weekend, another four.
    I almost never go into a series halfway, so I was glad to get the opportunity to start from the beginning, think I'll enjoy it all the more.
    One question though: where have I seen her husband before??
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trollheart wrote: »
    EXACTLY how I feel, thank you! Why should the rules be different for Melinda and Jim? Why should THEY get to live happily ever after, with no consequences? How mnay times has Melinda told people they HAVE to cross over, they CAN'T stay here, no matter how much they want to, but now Jim is ok to do so? What about his father, whom we heard was waiting for him? What about his brother? He's going to (has) undo the laws of time, space, life and death and stubbornly stay in the land of the living, when no-one else can?

I just do not buy it. It's unfair, it's illogical and it does not sit right. Melinda should have the guts to be able to tell Jim/Sam/whatever the hell he's called these days that he has to go into the light, and if she doesn't then she must be punished (ooh yes please!) :) --- seriously, there HAVE to be consequences, there has to be a high price paid for this flagrant flouting of the natural order.

But there doesn't seem to be, other than the love interest angle. So I've given up.

TBH the stories were pretty much recycled too, lack of vision all around.

I it just goes to illustrate that this is a lightweight show. They do not want to take it anywhere really dark. Either outcome could have been done well and taken the show to a new level, instead it just cemented it as a lightweight drama.
    If Jim had died, and stayed dead, then watching Melinda deal with that, having the dark forces use her grief to manipulate her and her having to cope without his grounding support, would have made for an outstanding season.
    If they had used the Jim comes back thing to mean that ultimately he was taken from her, or that she had to make some dark choice to keep him. If he comes back someone else must go in his place kind of thing, then that I could have bought into.

Incidentally Hugsie, I've been reading all your posts on the Babylon 5 thread, and wanting to contribute, but it's been so long since I watched it I can't get "down and dirty with the details" like you guys are, so until I manage to watch it all again (soon hopefully) I'll just keep reading.
    Going really well though!

I had not watched it in a few years and I am loving it! :D
    I am like a big kid with it. I just love the show so much. :o
    Looking forward to your jumping in!
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's English and you may remember him from Dawn of the Dead. At least i think thats what the film was called.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    EXACTLY how I feel, thank you! Why should the rules be different for Melinda and Jim? Why should THEY get to live happily ever after, with no consequences? How mnay times has Melinda told people they HAVE to cross over, they CAN'T stay here, no matter how much they want to, but now Jim is ok to do so? What about his father, whom we heard was waiting for him? What about his brother? He's going to (has) undo the laws of time, space, life and death and stubbornly stay in the land of the living, when no-one else can?

I just do not buy it. It's unfair, it's illogical and it does not sit right. Melinda should have the guts to be able to tell Jim/Sam/whatever the hell he's called these days that he has to go into the light, and if she doesn't then she must be punished (ooh yes please!) :) --- seriously, there HAVE to be consequences, there has to be a high price paid for this flagrant flouting of the natural order.

But there doesn't seem to be, other than the love interest angle. So I've given up.

TBH the stories were pretty much recycled too, lack of vision all around.

but before jim went in sams body melinda constantly kept telling jim 2 go in to the light..
    im half way through this season so i dont no the outcome of the story but maybe they will show consequences to that:confused:
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Medium: thanks all of you who suggested/supported it. I watched the first 4 eps at the weekend and I'm now totally hooked! Sky-plussed for this weekend, another four.
    I almost never go into a series halfway, so I was glad to get the opportunity to start from the beginning, think I'll enjoy it all the more.

Medium just gets better and better.
    Jake Weber was the Doctor in American Gothic who was driven nuts by Sherrif Buck.
  • Options
    cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already finished watching Season 4 and I too wasn't sure what they were doing with the Jim storyline.
    Must admit I was pleased, actually I was cheering when Melinda called Jim Sam and he was like, why are calling me Sam. I was crying at that point. In season 5 we will see Jim as a qualified Dr and Mel and Jim parents of 5 year old Aiden who also has supernatural powers, much more than his mother
  • Options
    cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Medium is fab, watched it from series one and can't wait for the new series to start in the US so I can see it lol. Jake Weber (Alisons hubby) was also in the remake of Dawn Of The Dead as well as American Gothic :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's English and you may remember him from Dawn of the Dead. At least i think thats what the film was called.

No, wouldn't watch a film like that if you paid me! :)
    Have definitely seen him somewhere though --- reminds me of Barry Manilow, in a strange way (yes, I'm that old! :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    heart87 wrote: »
    but before jim went in sams body melinda constantly kept telling jim 2 go in to the light..
    im half way through this season so i dont no the outcome of the story but maybe they will show consequences to that:confused:

I will concede that originally Melinda did encourage Jim to go ITL, and even said NO when she saw he was going to "hitch a ride" in Sam's body, but once that was done, her whole focus shifted to trying to "rebuild" Jim instead of trying to ensure he did the right thing and gave up possession of Sam's body (which on the face of it is pretty damn creepy, don'tcha think?), so she became as guilty and selfish as he.

In fact, a proper consequence should have been that she was no longer able to see ghosts, as in fact happned for a short time after Jim's death, but it should have been a permanent thing, until she realised what was happening and sacrificed her loved one for the greater good (I should write this show!) :)

However, that didn't happen. The writers chose the easy way, the path of least resistance, the "please the lowest common denominator" factor, and as a result, for me, the show I loved is no more, and has metamorphosed into a soap/romance with occasional ghosts.

I could be wrong, and maybe they will tackle this, but tbh they've had long enough to even hint at such a happening and they haven't, so I'd say they've no intention of doing so. It's all a case of "Jim was dead, now he's back, everyone's happy".

Wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leithlad wrote: »
    Medium just gets better and better.
    Jake Weber was the Doctor in American Gothic who was driven nuts by Sherrif Buck.

YES!!! THAT's where I saw him! THANK you!! :)
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will concede that originally Melinda did encourage Jim to go ITL, and even said NO when she saw he was going to "hitch a ride" in Sam's body, but once that was done, her whole focus shifted to trying to "rebuild" Jim instead of trying to ensure he did the right thing and gave up possession of Sam's body (which on the face of it is pretty damn creepy, don'tcha think?), so she became as guilty and selfish as he.

In fact, a proper consequence should have been that she was no longer able to see ghosts, as in fact happned for a short time after Jim's death, but it should have been a permanent thing, until she realised what was happening and sacrificed her loved one for the greater good (I should write this show!) :)

However, that didn't happen. The writers chose the easy way, the path of least resistance, the "please the lowest common denominator" factor, and as a result, for me, the show I loved is no more, and has metamorphosed into a soap/romance with occasional ghosts.

I could be wrong, and maybe they will tackle this, but tbh they've had long enough to even hint at such a happening and they haven't, so I'd say they've no intention of doing so. It's all a case of "Jim was dead, now he's back, everyone's happy".

Wrong.

That, or being forced to choose which untimely death should take his place. She wouldn't he would die.
    Or the fates should have kept them in each others lives, but apart. Him never knowing and her knowing, but having to watch him rebuild a life without her.
    Edit to add: Without her at its core, but that would be impossible, as JLH's show means JLH must be admired by all males. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    i agree that there should b big consequences because i think this storyline is completely pointless and if they didnt want to get rid of the actor they should have thought of something better instead of killing him off and jumping into another mans body.. it would have been more interesting if jim was earth bound as a ghost..
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Season 3 and Season 4 are being repeated on sky living at moment . I have recorded every episode so been having a ghost whisperer day today!
    Anyone else like the show? and why was it cancelled?
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozzie89uk wrote: »
    ... and why was it cancelled?

Season four they did a very bad thing. The audience didn't forgive them