Options

LG Cookie (KP500)

Comments

• Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gallery now is completely different (well I hadn't seen it like this before) and it looks,and works well.
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Dont supose they fixed any serious issues

1/ Album tracks not playing in correct order

2/ Snooze doesn't work - you have to unlock the phone, set snooze time (even though it's already set) all at 6 a.m. whilse alarm is blaring out
  • Options
    b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    Dont supose they fixed any serious issues

1/ Album tracks not playing in correct order

2/ Snooze doesn't work - you have to unlock the phone, set snooze time (even though it's already set) all at 6 a.m. whilse alarm is blaring out

Is That All The Problems With This Phone .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    b.lever wrote: »
    Is That All The Problems With This Phone .

They're the only problems for me - and i work around those even

I've had mine for couple months now and i cant put it down - Love it - very touchy, feely gadget

As of yesterday I've been trying movies, TV programmes & you tube clips on it and it's really quite excellent picture quality - 3" screen is very watchable and speaker sound is as good as it gets for mobile

was showing one of my workmates intro to 'Deep Blue Sea' this a.m. and after 5 minutes in, everyone in the canteen was huddled behind me watching it like they'd never seen anying like it

Enjoying the phone loads - you can even make phone calls with it :o)
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    I have problems connecting to my laptop. I installed the software but when I connected the phone via the data cable (the one that came with it) it said that it couldn't connect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WillowFae wrote: »
    I have problems connecting to my laptop. I installed the software but when I connected the phone via the data cable (the one that came with it) it said that it couldn't connect.

I spent an hour looking for new drivers when i bought mine only to find i didn't need anything

1/ You need to connect as "mass storage"

Menu>Settings>Connectivity>USB Connection = Always Ask

Next time you plug into PC - it will ask you how to connect - if you choose "mass storage" it will appear like regular flash drive - very quick to transfer file and you can drag/drop

None of which is mentioned in the booklet (should've been)

2/ Cookie wont connect to your PC if there are any tasks running - choose:

Middle (Task) Button>Running Apps>end All

now try again
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think its £70 something in argos on orange at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think its £70 something in argos on orange at the moment.

£77

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5183087/Trail/searchtext%3ELG+COOKIE%23.htm

Someone bought one and unlocked it for £10 - baaaaargwin
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    I've had this handset, on Virgin, for a couple of months now and am overall quite happy with it.
    However, I've noticed a slight glitch when texting using the QWERTY keyboard. Every once in a while you'll enter a word, hit the space-bar, and the word will vanish. At first I doubted my sanity and thought I'd just not typed the word, but then it happened again, and has happened occasionally since then.
    I'm currently on firmware -V10C and notice in this thread that there is an update to this.
    My question is, is it worth updating (if it will),is it any different to the version I have, and has anyone else had this 'disappearing' word problem?

I don't use the qwerty keypad but I still get this periodic problem of the previous word vanishing when I hit the spacebar. Has anyone else come across it and did they get it sorted? BTW, my Cookie has Sortware Version _V10d.
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use the qwerty keypad but I still get this periodic problem of the previous word vanishing when I hit the spacebar. Has anyone else come across it and did they get it sorted? BTW, my Cookie has Sortware Version _V10d.

I updated from V10C to V10D a couple of months ago but still have the disappearing word problem.

Only time it doesn't seem to happen is when you have the predictive text on, with the qwerty keyboard, and you actually select the word from the pop-up list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    I updated from V10C to V10D a couple of months ago but still have the disappearing word problem.

Only time it doesn't seem to happen is when you have the predictive text on, with the qwerty keyboard, and you actually select the word from the pop-up list.

That's like saying it doesn't happen when you stand on one leg with a pair of pants on your head and couple of pencils up your nose :D

Maybe we should try that :o

To be honest the Cookie's a thoroughly nice mobile spoilt by some very iffy firmware. Wonder if other users are affected by this problem?
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought mine yesterday, taking it back tomorrow.

Loved every bit of it and explored every function, menu and option until my OH got home with the SIM that will be used in it.

What a disappointment.

The minor issue is that Key Pad Lock and Power Save are not disabled whem backing a call, so sometimes requires one press of the red button, sometimes two, to terminate a call.

But how the hell do you use automated call centres?

Worst case is:

Press a key to light up the screen again.
    Press unlock
    Press the icon to display the numeric keypad
    Press the number that the call centre wants.

Call centre continues with their bloody stuff.
    But in the meantime the Cookie has put keypadlock back on.

It does this every 10 secs during a call, even when the main Key Pad Lock option is OFF.

Am I missing a Menu Option somewhere? Think I have looked everywhere.

Call centres are bad enough. I dont need a phone that works in cahoots with them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "backing a call" = "making...etc"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought mine yesterday, taking it back tomorrow.

Loved every bit of it and explored every function, menu and option until my OH got home with the SIM that will be used in it.

What a disappointment.

The minor issue is that Key Pad Lock and Power Save are not disabled whem backing a call, so sometimes requires one press of the red button, sometimes two, to terminate a call.

But how the hell do you use automated call centres?

Worst case is:

Press a key to light up the screen again.
    Press unlock
    Press the icon to display the numeric keypad
    Press the number that the call centre wants.

Call centre continues with their bloody stuff.
    But in the meantime the Cookie has put keypadlock back on.

It does this every 10 secs during a call, even when the main Key Pad Lock option is OFF.

Am I missing a Menu Option somewhere? Think I have looked everywhere.

Call centres are bad enough. I dont need a phone that works in cahoots with them

What firmware version are you using? When I switch the auto keypadlock off "IT STAYS OFF".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying planetnokia....I did actually want to check that...but I bought it for my Mum....and her that must be obeyed said "I like the screen...but nahhh"

So it has been replaced now.

(Tesco No-Quibble 28 day)

Although for touch screens I did do a further Google and saw many people actually requesting keylock, cos their ears activate the screen.

But if you have an earpiece or use speakerphone, any touchscreen should be able to get the option to "STAY OFF" as you say.

Thanks again
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,733
    Forum Member
    What kind of earphone socket has this phone got? And is it a good MP3 player (good options for bass etc?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wash wrote: »
    What kind of earphone socket has this phone got? And is it a good MP3 player (good options for bass etc?)

It has its own socket (same socket for charging)

It's very, very ,very loud on speaker - On my old sony e i used to connect it to an additional speaker when i'm in the shower - with Cookie i dont need it - it's mega loud in the bathroom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How about through the headphones? The reason why I ask is because my teenage daughter broke her SE K750i socket (they are rubbish). Is it at least better then them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to have SE and the connector was never very clever - always had to twiddle with it to make it connect - LG doesn't honestly look any more sturdy than SE but it's always been flawless connection to earphones and PC
  • Options
    buglawtonbuglawton Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has its own socket (same socket for charging)

It's very, very ,very loud on speaker - On my old sony e i used to connect it to an additional speaker when i'm in the shower - with Cookie i dont need it - it's mega loud in the bathroom

Agreed, for example if you used the minimum volume setting on loudspeaker in a hotel room you would disturb the neighbouring rooms guests! This design fault (and the browser) makes me think it's not a 'serious' smartphone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else affected by this problem i.e. when mobile in locked mode, the top and bottom overlays are not a uniform matt dark grey.

http://www.electronics.cebulive.com/wp-content/uploads/classipress/lg-cookie-kp500-vand-266608049.jpg

I've taken my Cookie back to CPW twice but they claim that this is not a fault. During the first month I had the mobile there was no problem but then the overlays became gradually brighter by a handful of pixels day after day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's the difference between the K500 and the K501? Is there any?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont think there is any difference apart from 501 being Orange branded
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi. i got this phone a little over a week ago and i love it. but theres a couple of things i cant get to grips with lol... how do i get the internet to work on it? & also how do i have my phone ringtones and message tone on loud without having the keypad tones? they reallly annoy me is this possible? Also is there a way u can block certain numbers from contactin u? Thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont think there is any difference apart from 501 being Orange branded

I've just ordered the T-Mobile K500 for £37.95. Should be worth it for that little amount - I hope. Are T-Mobile any cop these days?