Options

Joe Number 1 this week?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's now a Facebook campaign to get Joe to number one. All Joe fans must download his single again or buy it from the shops again! We must help him fulfil his dream, even if you don't want a second copy of his song, it's not about that, it's about getting justice for Joe. :D

i've already got 3 copies, but i'll download it again.....:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's now a Facebook campaign to get Joe to number one. All Joe fans must download his single again or buy it from the shops again! We must help him fulfil his dream, even if you don't want a second copy of his song, it's not about that, it's about getting justice for Joe. :D

Count me in
    I will download afew copies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Sorry did not buy Joes first week and wont be this week either, why would anyone buy a song they do not like? sorry I just dont like the Climb at all.

It was quite amazing to hear 3 guys in tescos near the newspapers stand, one knew all about the campaign and was telling the other two, one of whom said so will it be number one next week, the guy replied with headlines like those more people will know about it today so it could be.

So I am not sure RATM will even drop out of the top 3 let alone out of the charts completely.

Joe is going to have to depend on people going out and buying his CD, which many stores do not have as they do not stock singles, or more people are going to have to download it, but surely most of the people who wanted to do that have already done so.

Be careful on you saying you will download a FEW copies as the rules are still in place you know about not downloading loads of copies of ANYONES single or album.

GG
  • Options
    CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RATM will almost certainly drop like a stone now the campaign has been concluded.

Joe may or may not get No. 1 next week. So long as his overall sales, over several weeks, are good that will keep him and Cowell happy enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RATM will almost certainly drop like a stone now the campaign has been concluded.

Joe may or may not get No. 1 next week. So long as his overall sales, over several weeks, are good that will keep him and Cowell happy enough.

Don't most people buy the single the week it is out though? or maybe the next week? In which case why will his sales go up by loads as I just do not see that happening.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His sales don't need to go up, even if they drop by more than 50%, 200k will be plenty to get #1

Looking at the iTunes trends I posted above, RATM are dropping like a stone. Joe is now more than 50% of their sales digital sales and they have no physicals whereas Joe will have a majority of physical sales
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Sorry did not buy Joes first week and wont be this week either, why would anyone buy a song they do not like? sorry I just dont like the Climb at all.

It was quite amazing to hear 3 guys in tescos near the newspapers stand, one knew all about the campaign and was telling the other two, one of whom said so will it be number one next week, the guy replied with headlines like those more people will know about it today so it could be.

So I am not sure RATM will even drop out of the top 3 let alone out of the charts completely.

Joe is going to have to depend on people going out and buying his CD, which many stores do not have as they do not stock singles, or more people are going to have to download it, but surely most of the people who wanted to do that have already done so.

Be careful on you saying you will download a FEW copies as the rules are still in place you know about not downloading loads of copies of ANYONES single or album.

GG

Nobody asked you, GG. We get it. You don't like Joe. But don't spoil it for the rest of us. :mad:
  • Options
    hippykittyhippykitty Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

GG

I'm just a bit curious as to why you're so sure that everyone has finished buying The Climb but will continue to buy KITN. I would have thought they'd both start dropping off anytime now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nobody asked you, GG. We get it. You don't like Joe. But don't spoil it for the rest of us. :mad:

Well how odd is that then considering Joe was one of my top three favourites, so you are wrong, I said I dont like the song there is a difference and had my fav won and sung it I would not have bought it either.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Just stop putting Joe down. Your comments really irritate me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hippykitty wrote: »
    I'm just a bit curious as to why you're so sure that everyone has finished buying The Climb but will continue to buy KITN. I would have thought they'd both start dropping off anytime now.

I am not sure anyone will be buying RATM, unless the publicity today pushes more people to download it, as for some people they did not even know about it, remember not everyone watches the X factor, or belongs to websites etc. Yes it was on the news but some people will not have been even taking much notice. My mum most certainly was not, she was more worried about the weather forecast. I would not be surprised for RATM to keep selling soley because I can see the fans now wanting it to be the first number one of 2010.

I think Joe will sell more physicals this week soley as people are still doing their Christmas shopping, but as I said not many supermarkets now even sell singles. My tescos once again did not have it today, no more than they had George Michaels which I happen to want, but no way with 5 inches of frozen snow underfoot would I even consider going into the centre of town to get it from HMV.

I think Joe stands a better chance of being number one next week than Cheryl does thats for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    His sales don't need to go up, even if they drop by more than 50%, 200k will be plenty to get #1

Looking at the iTunes trends I posted above, RATM are dropping like a stone. Joe is now more than 50% of their sales digital sales and they have no physicals whereas Joe will have a majority of physical sales

Thats because we don't care anymore. The people have spoken... RATM has got to xmas no.1 and our point has been made..... and nothing can change that!
  • Options
    hippykittyhippykitty Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't most people buy the single the week it is out though? or maybe the next week? In which case why will his sales go up by loads as I just do not see that happening.

If you're referring to X Factor singles, the trend in past years seems to have been to sell the most in week one but to carry on selling at a much lesser rate for anything from one to three weeks afterwards (depending on the winner in question). On that basis, I could see him selling a bit more for this second week but not masses.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe will be number one. People will be buying RATM for the next few days to see what the hypes about, but sales will slow down lots by the end of the week.

What people seem to be forgetting is in any other week this year, Joe would have been the comfortable number one. People will buy his song because they want it, and I imagine more people will buy it this week than will download Rage. :p

Then again, I never thought in a million years the RATM campaign would work, so who knows :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »

True.

Both RATM and Joe are dropping on iTunes, yet RATM seems to be going down much faster. Joe is currently (well, that screencap was taken around 5:20pm) around 55% of what RATM are selling. Same goes for the 3rd place - GaGa is also selling approximately 55% of Joe's digital sales.

We all agree that RATM still have huge exposure all over the web and in the press, so they're bound to sell a decent amount of units this week, too. But nowhere near the amount they did last week.

We also must note that iTunes popularity bars work on a rolling 48h basis - meaning that whatever we see at any given moment represents the sales on iTunes in the last 48h.

Considering that, it's safe to say that the late Saturday's sales for RATM (which were incredibly strong and went above and beyond of what anyone could had imagined) are still a factor of why RATM's pop bars still appear rather massive (albeit much less than a day or two ago). Once we get past midnight tonight and we pass the 48h period, we'll see how much they're selling outside the strong push of the campaign.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True.

Both RATM and Joe are dropping on iTunes, yet RATM seems to be going down much faster. Joe is currently (well, that screencap was taken around 5:20pm) around 55% of what RATM are selling. Same goes for the 3rd place - GaGa is also selling approximately 55% of Joe's digital sales.

We all agree that RATM still have huge exposure all over the web and in the press, so they're bound to sell a decent amount of units this week, too. But nowhere near the amount they did last week.

We also must note that iTunes popularity bars work on a rolling 48h basis - meaning that whatever we see at any given moment represents the sales on iTunes in the last 48h.

Considering that, it's safe to say that the late Saturday's sales for RATM (which were incredibly strong and went above and beyond of what anyone could had imagined) are still a factor of why RATM's pop bars still appear rather massive (albeit much less than a day or two ago). Once we get past midnight tonight and we pass the 48h period, we'll see how much they're selling outside the strong push of the campaign.

thanks for this, i did actually think that popularity bars were constantly updated. Does it mean the itunes charts are not constantly updated :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    mizzjem wrote: »
    thanks for this, i did actually think that popularity bars were constantly updated. Does it mean the itunes charts are not constantly updated :):):)

Oh, they are constantly updated, it's just that they work on a 48h rolling basis. Meaning that what we currently see in their charts is what a track has sold in the last 48h.

For example, it's Monday today and it's almost 7:30pm. If you look at the pop bars now at this very moment, they'll tell you how much a certain track has sold from Saturday 7:30pm to Monday 7:30 pm (in relation to other tracks on the chart, of course).

If you'll look at the chart at 11pm tonight, it will tell you how much a certain track sold from Saturday 11pm to Monday 11pm (in relation to other tracks on the chart, of course).

The bars don't tell us how many units a track has sold (there's no predetermined amount of units per one bar), yet they do tell us the overall relative sales of tracks compared to each other.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As it stands now, Joe is selling 57% of the amount Rage are selling, I expect by midnight that figure to be around 60-65% which should be more than enough to give him the lead with his strong physicals.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trac wrote: »
    Can Joe get to number 1 this week?

He will more than likely be number 1 after the new year & for a few weeks after that, but nobody will really care, as it was always about getting the Christmas number 1 slot.
  • Options
    Traken82Traken82 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    trac wrote: »
    Can Joe get to number 1 this week?

HA HA HA HA HA HA! You're funny, go on...tell me another:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will more than likely be number 1 after the new year & for a few weeks after that, but nobody will really care, as it was always about getting the Christmas number 1 slot.

Exactly!
  • Options
    kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the campaign was only a one week thing about Xmas No1 are they carrying on with it or is it just people who have recently heard the song etc buying it now?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Will anyone care this week, I suspect Joe has sold as much as he is going to tbh, well maybe some last minute selling for Xmas, but I suspect Cheryl Cole will be no 1.

Joe was on the local news tonight, saying that he was just happy to have sold loads of CDs. There was no digs from him towards Rage.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kalouk wrote: »
    I thought the campaign was only a one week thing about Xmas No1 are they carrying on with it or is it just people who have recently heard the song etc buying it now?

Yes,it was just a one week campaign to stop the X Factor song from being the Christmas No.1.

If people are still downloading RATM,they are doing so out of sheer devilment :)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Imagine the X Factor winner needing a Facebook campaign to get their winning single to No.1 ; it just shows what a spectacular success the RATM campaign was :D