Options

New Doctor Who Fan (Part Davison)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one of the reviews Muttley76 linked to said that too - but I've seen nothing anywhere to indicate it was ever anything but media speculation.

Nice thought, although some folks will dispute it for the next five years - 11's thinking he was a woman, in my opinion conclusively settles the argument as to whether or not the Doctor can regenerate female.

They may never choose to cast a female actor in the role. They may never choose to cast a black or Asian actor in the role. But despite what some people would like to believe, there's absolutely nothing in the "laws" of regeneration to prevent it. Not a blessed thing.

Another thought: Those who like to think of Timelords as lacking any sexual thoughts or desires (despite clear evidence it's not true), can take solace from the fact that in order to confirm his gender the Doctor felt his... throat.
    1)Complete agreement. If the Doctor is going to worry about ending up with a tentacle, he could certainly end up female! Females and males really aren't that different, and differing skin tones? Even less different. It looked like a nod to the debate, from my end.

2) LOL.

(ok, I basically ditto'd SheMoore :o)
    And to Sidney Newman, the Canadian without whom there'd be no Doctor Who.

(We never get any credit for anything.)
    bzuh what?? :confused: Why didn't I know this?? *slaps hand* bad Canadian! And yes! No credit! *pouts* Then they work abroad and get called America's Sweetheart or start what's been called a thoroughly British sci-fi cultural icon :p
    Macek wrote: »
    That's my favorite bit probably... :cry:
    I know Sylvia wasn't exactly popular with most people but I always had a soft spot for her character, so I was glad that she was given some nice moments in EOT. "Shouting at thin air", that brilliant "Merry Christmas" exchange with Ten...
    But the wedding scene was just the icing on the cake, I'm so glad Sylvia got some sort of closure as well, so to speak.

And from Ten's point of view... I think it's one of the most brilliant things he's ever done. :o:cry:
    I also liked that. Sylvia bugs me - she's been terrible to Donna, emotionally abusive. But I do like seeing characters like this be humanized, and have an arc, and not just be baddies. There are real people in the world like this, and I find it more interesting to see their complexity, and it's more hopeful to see the relationship healing. Also, I'd rather like Sylvia, than hate her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    she seemed a lot more pleasant after merging with the master, as it were...;)

and on that saucy note I am off to bed!:D
    *snerk* good-night!
    When I watched the North American version of Queer as Folk I was really struck by how laboriously they spelled out things that the original allowed you to figure out yourself. In Doctor Who, aimed at a much younger audience, he does spell out a lot, but not everything has to be wrapped up in a neat little bow, and some things don't go anywhere.
    Is it just me or is that common for American shows? Somehow they seem much more likely to assume the audience won't get it.
    It's also possible, of course, that this was all set up by Moffat for his version, and not necessarily even in Series 5, just as the whole River Song abomination was not, as I hoped, a one-off character to never be mentioned again, but a set-up for Series 5.

Still, when he does run into her again, I hope he says something like, "Remember how you gave Donna a big fat clue there's something nasty waiting in her future. Well... I wouldn't be making any long-term investments if I were you."
    Oh snap! :D
    Oh same, I loved Jacqueline's performance. HD makes the eyes stand out and her performance was all in the eyes there.

I got misty eyed quite a bit actually and had to wipe away a few tears but I don't really class that as crying. I'm not sure when it becomes crying but I think it has to be slightly noisy rather than just silent tears.

I think I might attempt sleep now and not get up until lunch time which gives me my eight hours. I'm on holiday and I'm a teenager so it's practically expected :D
    Lol. Good night!

It's only 8:20 for me, but I haven't had dinner yet! I'm off to get some grub. Sleep tight, Whoonies :)
  • Options
    SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be so cool to see the Doctor tell RS that she's better change her diary! :D

Night all. Even I'm getting sleepy now. :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on holiday so it's all okay, I'll just have a long lie in :D I never did get any uni reading done today, somehow I'm not surprised ;):D

Great post, I didn't cry properly but a tear did escape once or twice. I quoted the above because I thought that it was a nice touch that she was called Verity. John Smith told Joan that Verity was his mother's name and it shows how much the Doctor, or John at least, meant to the whole family and not just Joan.

Awww CC go to bed if you haven't already and do your reading later on today hugs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crowfoot wrote: »
    Yes - a mystery for the future. I rather liked not knowing too much about the Time War, or what happens at the Medusa Cascade.

I have a sneaking suspision that the gun thing will be explained away - like he's firing at a piece of technology, as stated elsewhere (this thread, that thread?? don't remember).

Perhaps this is what's colouring your reaction, then?

Perhaps only harder for an actor because as a culture we're supposed to be mostly one or the other, not every sentient being? Wrt Chan-tho, I would think we should be convinced, as my impression is that that is what his character is supposed to be like, truly omnisexual. But as an audience perhaps we're likely to find it easier to believe he'd connect more closely to one of "his own"?

Plus, SheMoore, you make a very good point re sexual vs love. It does make some sense that he would have deep relationships with people with experiences/lives more like him (ie humans), but I suspect we're supposed to believe that Chan-tho could also be a potential option.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking about!

No doubt! Funny thing, how our attitudes effect the way we respond to things. If we're so not closely engaging that we can post to threads while we watch, then we definitely won't find it that good! Of course, one might argue that they posted because they couldn't get into it. However, I think that sometimes one has to attend to the program properly, to properly see what it is? You still might not like it, of course, but I think you have to focus and pay attention? Really pay attention, not half attention? I'm not sure if I'm saying it right. I just am aware of how my responses to things have changed depending on my mood before hand. Sometimes I think we end up bringing self-fulfilling prophesies to what we're watching, eh? (and again, of course, you might do all of this and still really not like it! I don't mean it as an argument against not liking it)

Am I the only one that thought that behind Jack's smile to Alonzo it looked like he was about to cry? :(

The bit with Rose was wonderfully done. Understated, yet powerful.

I'll join you in that toast (late, as it was mentioned earlier). And a happy anniversary to the thread! *raises glass*

I thought that the doctor was written as omni sexual ?

Ken
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    *snerk* good-night!

Is it just me or is that common for American shows? Somehow they seem much more likely to assume the audience won't get it.

It's not easy to fill 22 episodes a year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    I thought that the doctor was written as omni sexual ?

Ken
    I suppose? But only in so far as he's seen as sexual at all? It appears to me that almost entirely the character has been shown as asexual, with only a few nods here or there (mostly in new Who, and that bit from the first Doctor - the Aztecs? Or was it the Romans?). Well, and the fact that he had a granddaughter. One of the things I like about DW, personally - the hero of the show isn't constantly interested in getting the girl. Not interested in power, nor money, nor scoring, nor stuff, etc. Only exploration and, as the Doctor said in Waters of Mars, fun. :D
    It's not easy to fill 22 episodes a year.
    True, but shouldn't that make it more likely that they would spend the time to show us, rather than tell us right off the bat? All that time for exposition!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning ppl just been allowed to go home early from work (yay) and i am home and in bed just re watching the series 5 trailer and Amy is definatly a copper as the uniform appears to be a propper one that i have seen police officers wearing when they have come to my work place in the corse of there duty's so that should put a stop the the "why is amy dressed like a tart" kinda post (well one would hope so anyway) i do have faith in the fandom most of the time you know :D:o

anyway hope that you all have a good day and will attempt to catch up later on ttfn !!

Kenneth
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh jeez i'm too old to be up all hours...*yawns*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    I was going to try to edit these quotes but I'm a bit tired.
    That had been spoilered, but I discounted it at the time. Seems unlikely, but good for Mickey, the poor lad's been treated so badly by Rose from Day 1, much like Martha was by the Doctor.

No reason it should. Russell's already in other show apart from Being Human - one set entirely in a couple's bedroom. Torchwood 4 hasn't been commissioned yet, nor has Being Human 3. Makes me feel a lot better about Ianto's death. Unfair, I know, but I can see the honourable, dutiful Midshipman Frame loving Jack as much as Ianto did. And no question, the snogging scenes will be better.

RTD said he didn't write a line for Matt, so we can thank/blame the Moff for that. Racist, sexist, homophobic fans are always convinced the new guy is going to see things their way, so let their whining and moaning commence immediately!

We've also seen from the trailer that the snogging continues unabated!

Loved the "lots of fingers" bit. It's when I saw Matt's incessant finger-wiggling on Doctor Who Confidential a year ago that he became the Doctor for me.

Yes, the goodbyes (starting with the four knocks) were long, especially as I was bawling all through them. The scene with Luke and Sarah Jane was clearly written before the Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith, as Luke realised it was the Doctor instead of just recognising him. Oh well, can't be helped that.

I wish Donna could have got her memories back, but for once RTD didn't hit the big reset switch. Happy, married and rich - there are certainly worse fates in life. (You could be married to Mickey, poor, and getting shot at by aliens, for example).

Jack and Alonso - is it just me, or do other people get really annoyed seeing Capt. Jack in serious relationships with women? And if so, why is that? Russell Tovey being straight as George on Being Human, Gavin and Stacey and almost everything else I've ever seen him him (bar one episode of Ashes to Ashes and Annually Retentive) doesn't bother me, but Jack seems to me like he could only really be happy in a relationship with a man, whether it be Ianto, Capt. John, or Alonso.

I think I wrote in a thread sometime ago that I'd love Russell Tovey to be in Torchwood. I think he would fit in wonderfully. I'm not sure about Jack and women but to be fair we've never actually seen Jack in bed with anyone unlike Gwen (Owen and Rhys), Tosh (Mary, Tommy, Adam) and Owen (Gwen, Diane) Should be noted we didn't see anything of the sort with Ianto either.so do I conclude that showing heterosexual couples in bed is fine and homosexual ones as long as it's women!
    It would be one of the Moff's lines, because RTD has stated he wouldn't write a single line for Matt.

But the fool on the radio didn't get that 11 was upset he wasn't ginger, because he's always wanted to be, echoing 10's sentiments in the Christmas Invasion.

I love how so far (including the Series 5 trailer) the Moff is showing every sign of infuriating the ming mongs as much or more than RTD.

As for the Woman in white and the hidden Time Lord - who cares who they were? Ultimately it was of no importance to this episode And they're gone now, not likely to be seen again. They didn't have to be anyone other than two Time Lords who weren't insane. No requirement to be anyone from the Doctor's past, present or future.
    Red hair totally rocks!! I *wish* I had red hair!

My first thought was that it's nice to see a parent defending their kids, but he clearly missed what Eleven was saying! The Doctor *wants* to be a red-head. The lack of red hair is a disappointment. Doctor Who fans already know this, and won't tease a ginger girl because of the program. Non-whovians who watched the program and don't know of the reference might also not tease the gingers amongst them because of that line because it's about being disappointed in not being ginger. Then again, if people are determined to be arses about something like that, they'll do it no matter what other people say about it, pro or con. :(

Re-reading my post before submitting it and I realize what you're saying - that the Dad was inadvertently acknowledging that drawing attention to red hair (even if positive) will encourage people to be teasing jerks about it. Like saying "don't mention homosexuality!!!" because some people are homophobes?
    why are people so weird about red hair? :confused:

I have redhair and I'vealways wanted it to be more red. Never got why people make fun of it except that it is the most different hair you can have out of the choices and they don't get the point that the Docotr wants tobe ginger!
    hee i'm all hyper and can't sleep!:D

some good reviews for EoT p2 in the media!:)

I was up for nearly two hours and couldn't sleep either - those damn plot bunnies kept bouncing.
    Happy Anniversary Whoonie Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray raises cup of tea to Tigger and everyone else.
  • Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member

Oh, is it today? Happy Anniversary Whoonies!
    kw4121 wrote: »
    just reading the guardians review and there is a lovely little dig at Jan M of the daily fail

here is the paragraph

The Master, a fallen timelord, had cunningly re-peopled the Earth with 6 billion versions of himself. This plot twist gave Simm the chance to wear a lot of different costumes and the special effects department to show some of the digital ingenuity which has helped the show's renaissance, but which was slightly unfortunate given that, between the Christmas Day and New Year's Day editions, some newspapers have been complaining that the BBC schedules consist of around 6 billion versions of Tennant.

That is so funny - I love the Guardian! :D
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    1) The only thing I can say is that in the commentary for Part 1, JG and RTD said that her outfit had been agonised over, long discussions were held. RTD was shushing JG a bit and she said 'well, it's.....it's important, I think we can say that much'

I don't know what to make of this. I thought that maybe it was the Doctor's wife (Susan's mother) as she was in white, but it's certainly not at all clear and as you said I've not pondered on it too much because now we may never know.

That commentary made me think she would be revealed to be the White Guardian, but the show made me feel she was his mother. Maybe Moff will pick it up at some point in the future.

I did have something new to say when I came in here, but while I was catching up, I lost it again...

Oh, just remembered - Martha and Mickey! I know I didn't like that they were married, but just thought of something. Mybe it was more to show an end to Mickey's story than Martha's. Mickey was messed around something awful by Rose - perhaps marrying Martha to him instead of Tom was more intended to give him a "happy ending"...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tumpy wrote: »
    I have redhair and I'vealways wanted it to be more red. Never got why people make fun of it except that it is the most different hair you can have out of the choices and they don't get the point that the Docotr wants tobe ginger!

I love red hair - I have red-haired cousins and was always so jealous.

I can't believe in the "gingerist" thread that some guy called a radio station to say that his daughter will get bullied now because of Eleven's comment. Did he not get that the Doctor wanted to be ginger..?

Also, quite a lot of folk saying Eleven came across as too similar to Ten, but as folk have said up-thread, didn't Ten keep trying to say "fantastic" for a while as if he was not quite his own man yet? To be honest, I was thinking far more of a Two vibe from Eleven than I was of Ten.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    I love red hair - I have red-haired cousins and was always so jealous.

I can't believe in the "gingerist" thread that some guy called a radio station to say that his daughter will get bullied now because of Eleven's comment. Did he not get that the Doctor wanted to be ginger..?

Also, quite a lot of folk saying Eleven came across as too similar to Ten, but as folk have said up-thread, didn't Ten keep trying to say "fantastic" for a while as if he was not quite his own man yet? To be honest, I was thinking far more of a Two vibe from Eleven than I was of Ten.

I heard about that, it was a women I think, but she made a prize fool of herself on live radio, so probably now her daughter will get bullied for having a mum who is out of touch!

I definitely think Second Doctor too. I think as usual some people forget about the regeneration effect. It's convenient to have a selective memory to allow them to have a moan.

Still no poll in the episode thread, which is a shame since this episode seems to be a lot more popular with fandom than part 1 was, not that you would know it from here of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone !

What a day it was ! I'm glad that everyone have enjoyed the episode but I'm a bit bothered that I'm the only one who is not so impressed by it.

I've rewatched it a third time this morning. I know it's a bit extreme, but I feel so weird at not really liking it that I want to know why I don't.
    So, what I can tell, and it's only a personal feeling so I don't claim universaity or truth, is that I've felt like RTD wrote those wonderful scenes for those wonderful actors, and everyone delivered perfectly and the acting was amazing.
    But to me the story suffered from it and really it isn't that great when RTD could have written something so huge, because the emphasis went elsewhere. To me, if the story felt huge it was because the actors were. But the story in itself... Oh, I feel terrible to feel that what I like best in RTD (ie. his stories) I didn't very much like this time.

As for Ten's last line ? Nope, doesn't work for me (even if I cried... twice :rolleyes: ) because it sums up who Ten was in the latest episodes, but not really who he was the rest of his years. Ten was always so full of life, so brave, a daredevil and as Davros said a man who keeps running for fear of what's behind. That last line is a bit too much in the pathos, particularly after all the goodbyes.
    But the Ood's last line is to me absolutely perfect and I love it.

I wish Donna could have got her memories back, but for once RTD didn't hit the big reset switch. Happy, married and rich - there are certainly worse fates in life. (You could be married to Mickey, poor, and getting shot at by aliens, for example).

I still feel that poor Donna got only the second prize when in fact everyone else chose their lives. She will be rich and married, but I'm sure that it won't prevent what Wilf told Ten in the café, that she will be sad sometimes but not knowing why.

Re the woman in white: Susan is a very good bet, I would think! I don't remember the bit you half-remembered... could she meant lost as in all the other TL are lost?

To me she was lost before she returned to Gallifrey, when she wandered the world with her grandfather.
    As for the Woman in white and the hidden Time Lord - who cares who they were? Ultimately it was of no importance to this episode And they're gone now, not likely to be seen again. They didn't have to be anyone other than two Time Lords who weren't insane. No requirement to be anyone from the Doctor's past, present or future.

Usually I'm ok with loose ends and I like them. I like the Face of Boe loose end because it is a funny one and one more importantly that doesn't need to be solved. But the woman was obviously very important, not just a random joke. It is who she is that turns the tide. So I'd like to know who she is !
    I've iTunes set to check for new podcasts every hour in the hope that RTD will tell it in the commentary which hasn't downloaded yet !

Happy anniversary Whoonie thread !
    I wasn't crazy about his" DT impersonation", or whatever that was, either. But to be honest, he seemed perfectly fine in the trailer, and of course even the "impersonation" period can be justified. He's a new man, but some old habits apparently are hard to shake off, Ten kept trying to say "fantastic" through the whole Christmas Invasion. :p

One thing I couldn't care less for though, are Matt's wiggling fingers, but it's all down to personal preferences, so I won't go into details. And no, it's got nothing to do with the "wiggling" part.

I won't judge Matt on that minute and on the trailer (which I haven't watched yet because I'm still stuck somehow at the end of time ;) ). Because frankly, I can't : I'm afraid that if I say that I don't like him, I'll stick with that feeling and ruin for myself s5 or at least the first episodes until he wins me over.
    So I'd rather say : one minute of screen time, doesn't count !

I didn't like the whole Wilf blowing up the missiles bit. I think they could have cut that whole section and gone right on to the confrontation.

Me neither. I'm afraid you have to be an 8 year old boy to fully enjoy that scene and we aren't. So I try to feel better about that scene by thinking that it's a Star Wars hommage and that, anyway, it was not written for me so I can't complain.
    I cried at the bit with Verity Newman as HN/FOB is one of my very favourites and it was lovely to hear that Joan was happy in the end. Nice touch that Verity knew who he was.

Absolutely. Lovely and touching scene.
    I cried at the bit with Jack. I loved the nod to SW here and I loved that they were playing Tallulah's song. Everything about that scene was pure joy for me. Jack looked suitably care worn and then again hopeful after the Doctor introduced him to Alonso.

Watched EoT three times. Laughed three times at that scene.
    Another thought: Those who like to think of Timelords as lacking any sexual thoughts or desires (despite clear evidence it's not true), can take solace from the fact that in order to confirm his gender the Doctor felt his... throat.

:D
    That's my favorite bit probably... :cry:
    I know Sylvia wasn't exactly popular with most people but I always had a soft spot for her character, so I was glad that she was given some nice moments in EOT. "Shouting at thin air", that brilliant "Merry Christmas" exchange with Ten...

I hate her character. Not because she is a character badly done or because of the actress, on the contrary. She is so wonderfully played by JK and wonderfully written by RTD that I hate who that abusive mother is. But to see her mellowing in this episode was also very sweet and in case anyone doubts JK acting abilities, she succeeded in a few minutes screen time to turn a character easy to hate in a very funny and warm character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Oh, just remembered - Martha and Mickey! I know I didn't like that they were married, but just thought of something. Mybe it was more to show an end to Mickey's story than Martha's. Mickey was messed around something awful by Rose - perhaps marrying Martha to him instead of Tom was more intended to give him a "happy ending"...

I like your idea.
    Because it's true that Martha's story was all nicely wrapped and she was happy, thanks to TW, whereas Mickey's future was still left a bit vague after JE and still looked a bit like the stupid clingy boyfriend.
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning folks. And Happy Anniversary Thread.

I really loved last nights episode. There was nothing that I didn't enjoy. I even got the Martha Mickey union and I'm happy they ended up together. The only part that really niggled me was throwing the diamond from the time locked war zone out over earth and for it to land there.

Thought TD did a great job and I was pleased to learn he was a TimeLord I'd heard of. Rassilon. The lady in White I thought to be the Doctor's mother, and I'll continue to assume so until I'm told otherwise.

The Master was awesome as is JS and I loved it when he came back to save the Doctor...get out of the way!

The 'star wars' stuff didn't bother me in the least. I didn't even connect it to star wars. Sometimes having very little sci fi experience is great, because everything seems new and honest and original.

I was sobbing from the moment wilf was locked in the chamber and knew before he knocked that this was going to be it, this was how it would end. DT's acting throughout was amazing but the following scenes between DT and BC were the best I've seen for a long time. I also loved the scene in the alien spaceship when they discussed the gun. Had a weep over that scene too. Such a wonderful pairing and I'm so grateful to RTD for bringing us this.

I loved the ending, thought it was wonderful and needed the closure over all the companions. As other's have said the scene with Rose was the most touching and as Muttley mentioned I'm so happy it went full circle. My only regret is that Donna never remembered who she was and she'll never remember the Doctor either or the time they had together. Okay she's going to be rich, but no money in the world could replace gift that the Doctor really gave her.

I didn't want the Doctor to go either. Couldn't see through the tears at the ending, and I'm even crying now writing this because I still feel very emotional over it all. I didn't get Matt Smith either. Only a few seconds I know and he should be given a fair chance, but nope don't like him at all and it's going to take me a while to let go of the reins tying me to Ten.

I couldn't sleep last night, and I simply lay in bed running through everything in my head. From the very begininning with Nine first meeting Rose, through all the episodes, Martha's episodes and of course Donna's. It's been an incredible journey. I've loved every minute. I find it incredibly fitting that this thread reaches it's anniversary on day after the very final Ten episode. I feel like Ten has just waked past and I've come full circle too.

I know there is much planned for this New Year with many different rewatches. But I must apologise, I am totally submerged in Dr Who, and I am not ready to move onto anything else yet. I cannot possibly begin anything else and so from Monday I'm going to..........

....rewatch everything right from the beginning. On Monday I'm starting with Rose.

Finally I would just like to express my heartfelt thanks to Russell T Davies who without his foresight and vision we would not have had a series in first place. Also Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant who brought us two brilliant Doctors and all the writers, directors, producers and staff involved in the series. It was a Masterpiece. Oh and thank you to Father In Law, who insisted we sit down that Christmas evening last year and watch this scary, bewildering, boring, unemotional programme that was going to be so beyond me and which I thought was a sacrfice on my part, but which turned out to be the biggest turning point for me in TV for 30 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »

Thought TD did a great job and I was pleased to learn he was a TimeLord I'd heard of. Rassilon.

Yep, thanks to The Five Doctors. But I really don't understand how he got thrown in the mix.
    The Master was awesome as is JS and I loved it when he came back to save the Doctor...get out of the way!

Agreed 100%. I've said it before and I say it again : JS was bloody brilliant and the relationship between the Master and the Doctor was top-notch.
    My only regret is that Donna never remembered who she was and she'll never remember the Doctor either or the time they had together. Okay she's going to be rich, but no money in the world could replace gift that the Doctor really gave her.

Snap !

I know there is much planned for this New Year with many different rewatches. But I must apologise, I am totally submerged in Dr Who, and I am not ready to move onto anything else yet. I cannot possibly begin anything else and so from Monday I'm going to..........

....rewatch everything right from the beginning. On Monday I'm starting with Rose.

:D

I know that I need the feel for a clean break before moving onto series 5 or I'll never be able to get used to Eleven :D

So what do the others who were interested in a Buffy rewatch think ?
    It can be postponed (not a problem to me : I can have my clean break with a complete Lost rewatch instead ;) ) or we can maintain it as scheduled. Answers by PM please : it will be easier for me to see everyone's feelings :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked what we saw of Eleven a good deal. You have to remember that post regeneration The Doctor tends to be a wee bit hyper, but the character lurking underneath that seems good. I was impressed with the trailer for the new series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Solamenn wrote: »
    I've iTunes set to check for new podcasts every hour in the hope that RTD will tell it in the commentary which hasn't downloaded yet !

Me too - I am checking mine regularly as I am going out soon and I was hoping to listen to it on the bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked what we saw of Eleven a good deal. You have to remember that post regeneration The Doctor tends to be a wee bit hyper, but the character lurking underneath that seems good. I was impressed with the trailer for the new series.

Absolutely. That is why I try to refrain my brain from thinking anything about him only based on that little minute because I know it doesn't necessarily represent who he is going to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Finally I would just like to express my heartfelt thanks to Russell T Davies who without his foresight and vision we would not have had a series in first place. Also Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant who brought us two brilliant Doctors and all the writers, directors, producers and staff involved in the series. It was a Masterpiece. Oh and thank you to Father In Law, who insisted we sit down that Christmas evening last year and watch this scary, bewildering, boring, unemotional programme that was going to be so beyond me and which I thought was a sacrfice on my part, but which turned out to be the biggest turning point for me in TV for 30 years.

Lovely post Tiggs - I am glad you enjoyed it so much and hopefully will enjoy Eleven once we have had time to accept the change and he gets into his episodes properly.
    I am in no rush for re-watching anything different just now - I don't mind holding off on Buffy till you are ready and I have plenty of new audios to listen to till you are ready for Big Finish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Watching again this morning and still crying over Wilf saying he doesn't want the Doctor to die and I keep tapping.

We have blizzard conditions here - why has no weather forecaster mentioned this

Planning on watching Confidential next. I think I've now watched Jack bit into double figures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next Sunday, we go back to our Classic Who group watching.
    Here is the list so far :

- Resurrection of the Daleks
    - Pyramids of Mars
    - Ghostlight
    - Attack of the Cybermen
    - The Romans
    - The Time Meddler

Any idea as to what we can add is welcome.
    This new list is supposed to last until mid-April where we'll suspend the Classic Who group watching for Series 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

- Pyramids of Mars
    - Ghostlight
    - Attack of the Cybermen
    - The Romans
    - The Time Meddler

This new list is supposed to last until mid-April where we'll suspend the Classic Who group watching for Series 5.

I was going to ask about that, cool.

Overnights of 10.4 million for EoT p2, please ignore the thread titled 12 million since they have lifted a couple of lines from a sun article with no factual basis.
  • Options
    Forum Member

- Pyramids of Mars
    - Ghostlight
    - Attack of the Cybermen
    - The Romans
    - The Time Meddler

If we are having 'The Romans', how about 'The Rescue' too as they come on the same DVD..?
This discussion has been closed.