Options

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they?

Comments

• Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    Joe Mcelderry is a closet one too. Though i suspect he will come out in a few years, he is very young still.

He's only recently come out as straight, so I think we will have to wait a few more years...:D Wonder how he will handle it then....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paper Doll wrote: »
    Heard from someone "in the biz" that both Mitchell brothers are gay and everyone knew on set.

I know someone who works on EastEnders. I'll ask her. I expect that rumour's not true. Really don't think they are!
  • Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    People think Jake gyl"what- ever" hes called may be gay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aimee26 wrote: »
    I do know what you mean (as someone that likes men and women too and has defined herself as bisexual, but isn't fully happy with the label), I was just defining by the most common terms that appear in our society.

Ahh.. there is lies the problem... We're too quick to pigeonhole...
    I think a lot of people would have a problem referring to Mika as 'queer' due to the negative connotations that unfortunately still reside within the word, regardless of the gay community's wish to use it in a positive sense..

It isn't that easy to be "gay" anymore, either, with the negative connotation that word has taken on by today's yoof!

Back on topic: Duncan James... Yay!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its over the web that Daniel Craig is about to be pushed out the closet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where? I feel sorry for him if true.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is a great laugh. It's sooooo off target in so many posts!

As a gayer myself, I find it fairly easy to spot who is gay, who isn't, and who is probably somewhere in between - which a lot of people are. People in showbusiness are generally liberal and very relaxed about sexuality and a lot of OTT showbiz straights are emotional, flamboyant and camp, which appears to confuse the public - men dress up and they kiss and hug each other etc. - but that doesn't make them gay.

There are definitely some in the closet - this is sometimes for their own personal, family reasons, sometimes for career reasons, sometimes because they are just private people when not on screen - but there are not as many as people seem to think and a lot listed are definitely not gay!
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »

As a gayer myself, I find it fairly easy to spot who is gay, who isn't, and who is probably somewhere in between - which a lot of people are. People in showbusiness are generally liberal and very relaxed about sexuality and a lot of OTT showbiz straights are emotional, flamboyant and camp, which appears to confuse the public - men dress up and they kiss and hug each other etc. - but that doesn't make them gay.

There are definitely some in the closet - this is sometimes for their own personal, family reasons, sometimes for career reasons, sometimes because they are just private people when not on screen - but there are not as many as people seem to think and a lot listed are definitely not gay!

Care to sort the list out for us then? :D
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Its over the web that Daniel Craig is about to be pushed out the closet.

Isn't that according to the worlds most unreliable news source? The National Enquirer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think for one second that Steve McFadden is gay. For a start he has loads of kids by different women, that he then abandons to set up home with someone else.

Secondly, my best friend worked with his girlfriend (whose name escapes me), when she did her bit in the News of the World about his dogging exploits and how he abandoned her.... we went to the newsagents on the sunday and she came out shrieking and waving it around!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    Eh?! lol I really don't think so.

Ross Kemp - errm Very much so unfortunately

Anyone marrying their manager is definitely in the top 10
  • Options
    DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »

Im a firm believer in GAYDAR.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Colin Morgan (Merlin - gay)
    Richard Armitage (Spooks, Robin Hood etc - gay)
    Wentworth Miller (Prison Break - gay)
    Keanu Reeves (bisexual)
    Daniel Radcliff (bisexual)
    Robert Pattinson (bisexual)
    Kristen Stewart (bisexual)
    Matt Bomer (White Collar, Chuck - gay (and married))
    Jodie Foster (gay)

Agree with others people have posted.

There are loads more... imo

David Walliams is not gay! He may be bisexual, but he's sooo camp no one would bat an eye-lid if he was... I think more people are suprised he dates women than would be men!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Isn't Zachary Quinto (Sylar) gay? ... ;)
  • Options
    cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone heard anything on Dizzee Rascal. I never thought it a possibility till i saw an article in a newspaper today, his favourite show is Desperate Housewives?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin Morgan (Merlin - gay)
    Richard Armitage (Spooks, Robin Hood etc - gay)
    Wentworth Miller (Prison Break - gay)
    Keanu Reeves (bisexual)
    Daniel Radcliff (bisexual)
    Robert Pattinson (bisexual)
    Kristen Stewart (bisexual)

Matt Bomer (White Collar, Chuck - gay (and married))
    Jodie Foster (gay)

Agree with others people have posted.

There are loads more... imo

David Walliams is not gay! He may be bisexual, but he's sooo camp no one would bat an eye-lid if he was... I think more people are suprised he dates women than would be men!

HAH! I knew it about those two!

Unless you're just guessing in which case I'm guessing the same as you :)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything on Dizzee Rascal. I never thought it a possibility till i saw an article in a newspaper today, his favourite show is Desperate Housewives?

Straight people don't watch Desperate Housewives? :confused:
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,402
    Forum Member
    Hels wrote: »
    Someone I worked with years ago lived near dermot o'leary and swore blind he was gay. Didn't believe him at the time but i've heard so many rumours since i think he was telling the truth.

Well he seemed pretty close to the girl he was sitting next to on the Michael Buble show on Sunday, his hand was very high up her thigh!!;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    He's recently remarried so I think the beard thing is less likely.

sorry, but what does the 'beard' mean about a bloke gf, very innocent not too sure about things like this. I take it to mean a cover up??
    Some times it's hard being an innocent!!!:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    Really :D Those rumours are a staple DS urban ledgend. No idea of the veracity.

Didn't Dec have a very long term gf who still is his very close friend. The one from 3.4 Family or something like that.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, but what does the 'beard' mean about a bloke gf,

IIt's the fake girlfriend of a male celebrity who wants to hide his sexuality. Allegedly. I only learnt the word from this forum!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks thought so but just wanted to make sure so I don't have foot in mouth syndrome!!!:p;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Ooh, I forgot Pharrell Williams - a guy mate of mine snogged him in a London club.
  • Options
    bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paper Doll wrote: »
    It's just a guess but I would say the majority of male leading men in Hollywood are either gay or bisexual and this has always been the case, it's only years later, usually when they die that we find out.

Paul Newman, Marlon Brando, James Dean, Steve McQueen all bisexual for example.

Newman and Mcqueen were not bisexual.
This discussion has been closed.