Options

Extremists insult to troops in Barking

Comments

• Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    GwrxVurfer wrote: »
    Unrelated?

Taliban soldiers not an "official" army in the eyes of the UK - French Resistance not an "official army

Foreign military power occupying Afghanistan - Foreign military power occupying France

Taliban do not wear military uniforms - French resistance did not wear uniforms.

Your complete unwillingness to discuss the obvious similarities suggest you are aware of it and are simply trying to dodge the issue.

We were talking of the Geneva convention and signatories to it or have you forgotten that?

All this you're coming out with now about the French, Uniforms etc has naff all to do with it.

I'll leave you to unscramble your confused little mind.
  • Options
    GwrxVurferGwrxVurfer Posts: 5,359
    Forum Member
    We were talking of the Geneva convention and signatories to it or have you forgotten that?

All this you're coming out with now about the French, Uniforms etc has naff all to do with it.

I'll leave you to unscramble your confused little mind.

What the hell? You said the French Resistance was unrelated to the Taliban, so I pointed out the similarities. Would you mind stopping your deliberately misleading posts?

How can a law apply to someone who has had no say in the decision making process? Explain that...........Or continue making personal attacks if you can't debate rationally......
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    What the hell? You said the French Resistance was unrelated to the Taliban, so I pointed out the similarities. Would you mind stopping your deliberately misleading posts?

You are off your rocker mate, I've said nothing of the sort and it is you that's doing the misleading.. misleading yourself!
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can a law apply to someone who has had no say in the decision making process? Explain that...........Or continue making personal attacks if you can't debate rationally......

Now you are just being daft!.

I didnt have a say in many laws, (both national and those enshrined by international agreement), but I still consider myself bound by them.

Also, your excuse for the Taliban that "They didnt have any say in the Geneva conventions" for not abiding by them is pathetic nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Taliban do not wear military uniforms - French resistance did not wear uniforms.

The forces in Afghanistan are there under international mandate, so frankly your obtusely linking the current Taliban murderers with the French resistance is shockingly naive to put it nicely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quite contrary Tourista - You have a say in the law.

I assume you are a UK citizen who is over 18. Therefore you have a right to vote in elections, where representatives then debate laws. To suggest that the Taliban should consider themselves bound by laws created in the US (For the UN) is utterly absurd.

In the same way, if random Joe Bloggs from NewCountry created a law, and I lived in a different country to that.......I wouldn't consider myself bound by his laws.........

Define this "International mandate" as you call it :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite contrary Tourista - You have a say in the law.

Now I know you are being sarcastic!.

As an individual, you have NO say in any law that gets passed by parliament, as this is the perview of those voted into power. You MAY agree with said laws, but even if you dont, you are STILL bound by them, as a person under the age of voting is bound to obey them, but had no say in their institution.

Of course the Taliban should be bound by international law, and to say otherwise is plainly nuts.Only a friend of these murderers would think otherwise.

Enough said.

Please carry on arguing with yourself, as I have decided that you are not looking for a "discussion", but a vindication of your support for your Taliban pals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    Of course the Taliban should be bound by international law

Your insistence that one group of people should obey the laws of a nation who has declared war on them is utterly absurd. Why should the Taliban be bound by US laws, and vice-versa? Britons don't obey Sharia law, so why the hell should the Taliban obey British/US or "international law" as you call it? You won't answer this, because you can't.
    Tourista wrote: »
    vindication of your support for your Taliban pals.

And having lost an argument, you then resort to making a false smear (a rather poor one at that) against me. I do not consider those who commit suicide attacks as "pals". I have never said this, and I will request you retract that slanderous post.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    The French resistance never showed up in Barking knowing full well that modern liberals would sympathize with them.......
    There is a very simple solution,if those protesters don't like the UK,then they should bugger off somewhere more to their taste
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    The French resistance never showed up in Barking knowing full well that modern liberals would sympathize with them.......
    There is a very simple solution,if those protesters don't like the UK,then they should bugger off somewhere more to their taste

I am a UK citizen, and yet I accept your right to disagree with me without "buggering off" to foreign lands.............It's a shame you don't feel able to extend the same courtesy to those who have different opinions to you.
  • Options
    bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    lol go back where? I was born in the UK and so was my parents. Also if I lived in Pakistan, Saudi, Iran etc I would put my religion above them countries also.

I am not sure why people see this as some kind of disgraceful act and find it pretty funny to be honest.

Just seems that many people, politicians in the west cannot grasp the idea that muslims living in the UK associate themselves closer to muslims around the world then queen and country.

Would you die for your religion?
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a UK citizen, and yet I accept your right to disagree with me without "buggering off" to foreign lands.............It's a shame you don't feel able to extend the same courtesy to those who have different opinions to you.

i respect everybody's right to disagree with me. However, I dont respect their right to blow up people on a subway for no other reasosn than bigotry or to impose their antiquated, intolerant religious laws on my country. It may sound racist but I really dont care. if people want to live under Sharia law then they should relocate. The majority of British people dont.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member

If you are a UK citizen,then you should understand why many on here think the protestors treating British soldiers like shit in Barking,England is a total disgrace.

For the record,,I dont extend any courtesy to modern liberals who complain about their own countries armed forces or indeed wind up merchants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    If you are a UK citizen,then you should understand why many on here think the protestors treating British soldiers like shit in Barking,England is a total disgrace.

For the record,,I dont extend any courtesy to modern liberals who complain about their own countries armed forces or indeed wind up merchants.

So what you are saying is that anyone who disagrees with the British Army isn't a true Briton? Yawn......This sounds so familiar....
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Redneck29 wrote: »
    Because religious mumbo-jumbo aside it is not your Faith that provides you with running water, electricity, infrastructure, free at point of service healthcare, out of work benefits if you are unfortunate enough to become unemployed, a state pension, etc.

Those things are provided collectively to us all by "The Country".

That you would put your faith before your nation under those circumstances is utterly disgusting.

All The Best

Yes your right and think all these things are good. I have never said the UK is a bad place to live or doesnt provide for it's citizens etc. I pay taxes, contribute to society, don't commit crime, be friendly to my neighbours. I Just put my faith above any national flag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    i respect everybody's right to disagree with me. However, I dont respect their right to blow up people on a subway for no other reasosn than bigotry or to impose their antiquated, intolerant religious laws on my country. It may sound racist but I really dont care. if people want to live under Sharia law then they should relocate. The majority of British people dont.

But the protesters didn't blow up a subway, did they? They simply vented anger at British soldiers who had quite possibly killed some of their countrymen.........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fuhrer String Vow Ox

That's an anagram of "Oh no it's GwrxVurfer!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fuhrer String Vow Ox

That's an anagram of "Oh no it's GwrxVurfer!"

I will double-check that in a second.

If you are making the cheap jibe I think you're making, do you not think it extremely distasteful? Of course its your choice, but if you're comparing me to a Nazi simply for disagreeing with your views..............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will double-check that in a second.

If you are making the cheap jibe I think you're making, do you not think it extremely distasteful? Of course its your choice, but if you're comparing me to a Nazi simply for disagreeing with your views..............

No. Here's another:

Hover Frigs Worn Tux
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the protesters didn't blow up a subway, did they? They simply vented anger at British soldiers who had quite possibly killed some of their countrymen.........

The Soldiers did they job they were orderd to do, so the "protestors" if you can call them that, should take it up with the Government and protest outside of Parliament etc.

This is more than just protesting against the Army and their actions, much more.

When the UK Govt decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan people demonstrated against the Government, not the Army. And that is the line that these "protestors" should take, the problem is it's not about protesting against the wars, it's far much more deep rooted than that with this lot.

It's like the EDL and the BNP demonstrating outside of Mosques or in a town that holds an Asian majority. Nothing more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    The Soldiers did they job they were orderd to do, so the "protestors" if you can call them that, should take it up with the Government and protest outside of Parliament etc.

This is more than just protesting against the Army and their actions, much more.

When the UK Govt decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan people demonstrated against the Government, not the Army. And that is the line that these "protestors" should take, the problem is it's not about protesting against the wars, it's far much more deep rooted than that with this lot.

Correct, it is the government who ordered an illegal war. However, the soldiers are just as guilty, and if you are about trot out "just following orders"......I draw your attention to Nuremberg Principle IV, which states that such an excuse is not acceptable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct, it is the government who ordered an illegal war. However, the soldiers are just as guilty, and if you are about trot out "just following orders"......I draw your attention to Nuremberg Principle IV, which states that such an excuse is not acceptable.

Nuremberg Principles?! Are you sure you're not some parody.You remind me of Alan Parker Urban Warrior - the most left wing person alive. He used to say spout stuff such as "People of Britain Don’t let them trample you into the ground! Trample yourselves into the ground! Then blame them."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nuremberg Principles?! Are you sure you're not some parody.You remind me of Alan Parker Urban Warrior - the most left wing person alive. He used to say spout stuff such as "People of Britain Don’t let them trample you into the ground! Trample yourselves into the ground! Then blame them."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Principles
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought the protesters were British citizen's?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I thought the protesters were British citizen's?

And?

:confused::confused::confused: