Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get it On' - Christian & Syed (Part 50)

Comments

• Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a good point, actually. Even with McDean (which I think was very well-done), I often found myself thinking "ooh, this is convincing for two straight actors!" which... kind of defeats the purpose in a way. It reminds me on NYD (the prime example of good acting in this storyline for me, but hardly the only instance) , I never once thought "wow, Nina's a brilliant actress" or "Johnny's doing so well" or "Marc's so convincing here" during the scenes. I thought it during other scenes, but I was too caught up in the characters to give the actors much thought 'til after.

It's like this with Christian and Syed's physical affection- there's the odd moment where it's clearly Marc and Johnny having a lark about, but most of the time, I'm thinking "awww, aren't Christian and Syed adorable?" rather than "Marc's doing such a good job portraying someone in a gay relationship!"

BIB So true! I get so caught up sometimes, esp NYD, have to shake myself and remind myself it is a TV show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saz, i went to bed eary last night

But i meant to say, thanks for all the screen caps last night and last week, you are a star
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pear_tree wrote: »
    LOL!! I don't own either - nor Tegan and Sarah or La Roux. I'm such a bad gayer :D I've never gone horse-riding either. And I don't own dungarees or Doc Martins. I think I need to reassess - or rather choose more wisely. ;)

My god, Pear. I don't actually think you are gay, I think you just said it for the cool points :eek:;). Don't you know all women who 'choose' to be lesbians only listen to KD Lang and wear DMs all the time, even in bed :eek::rolleyes:

Just as all men who 'choose' to be gay have had their 'sense of masculinity taken from them' :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pear_treepear_tree Posts: 4,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zigesa wrote: »
    and how lovely and gorgeous were they ah LWP. A great evening was had by all, oh and don't forget it carried on to kissing!!!! :p

Especially you :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    heeeeeeey everybody, hope you're all good :)

for those who asked for HLAM on ff.net...twenty three years later, it's now up to date with LJ :eek:

chapter fifteen

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5829600/15/He_Looks_At_Me

I havent read your fic before, thank you for linking because I read the first chapter, and I LOVE IT!!! I've left a review :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you! I just went on it now, and I know you!! I've seen your vids before lol! I really like them! :) What programme are you using atm?
    haha thank you :D i use Windows live movie maker which is really good but it did stop working and kept moving the music so i couldn't get the timing right, then my computer broke (not because of wlmm, my sister slammed it down :mad::p) and i had to reinstall it so it's working again :) hopefully it will last this time :p
  • Options
    sazwilkiesazwilkie Posts: 9,686
    Forum Member
    Ohhh just come back and saw these pics! whoo hoo! HOT, HOT HOT, naughty Clarkey!!! :D

Naughty Clarkey indeed... but I love him for it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    LOL!! I don't own either - nor Tegan and Sarah or La Roux. I'm such a bad gayer :D I've never gone horse-riding either. And I don't own dungarees or Doc Martins. I think I need to reassess - or rather choose more wisely. ;)

These and, you know, horning after Johnny Partridge
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gee, I qualify for most of these things. :eek: Guess I'm a lesbian, then.

I really ought to tell my parents.
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    syedluver wrote: »
    smashing :p thank you :D
    Youre welcome :)
    and how lovely and gorgeous were they ah LWP. A great evening was had by all, oh and don't forget it carried on to kissing!!!! :p
    LOL how did i forget :p
    Hey Heartsick - just to add, Indie linked the update to HLAM on p179 :)

Otherwise, you've only missed banter really :)

Thanks pear!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    Especially you :p
    Oh Yes, especially by me! :p
    sazwilkie wrote: »
    Naughty Clarkey indeed... but I love him for it :D

Oh I love him too... very, very much!
  • Options
    surrealsurreal Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to watch Sherlock...it looks good!! See you later guys....man what a brilliant start to this series!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My god, Pear. I don't actually thing you are gay, I think you just said it for the cool points :eek:;). Don't you know all women who 'choose' to be lesbians only listen to KD Lang and wear DMs all the time, even in bed :eek::rolleyes:

Just as all men who 'choose' to be gay have had their 'sense of masculinity taken from them' :rolleyes:

Sorry? Oh, sorry, couldn't hear you over the electric clippers :) Yes, you're right, I think I've chosen the wrong way just because I thought it was the fashionable option. I was struggling on the fashion side though, it was quite hard to find guy's clothes that fit me. I'm clearly not cut out for this. From this day forward, I return to the natural order of being. I am straight and I still get to fancy the pants off Christian/Johnny! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,434
    Forum Member
    Hey Indie :)

Gonna give this one big one-go read next week - you shall have that review ;):p

Does it have an end in mind or is it continuous??

haha what a week ;)

it's continuous but will end...in a couple of months. :eek:

i've not had time to read much in about 432 pages time but i saw a post of yours on insecurities and it was perfect i thought i should mention :cool:
    crazysusan wrote: »
    i love you indie, thank you:D

i got there eventually susan! hope you're well my lovely.
    Thanx will go and read

pleasure :)

oops better go... night all x
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heartsick - Theres been no new news or spoilers. Saz did some "hand" screencaps last night :).

Thanks, LWP. But just above, there is something about a 4 month blackhole for Chryed, except for the fire?
  • Options
    Joules38Joules38 Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry
    R/L caught me up after EE :(
    Have I missed anything or just you lot squeeeeezing over Chryed as usual:D not a bad way to spend Sunday

Joules
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These and, you know, horning after Johnny Partridge

Shh!! :o
    Gee, I qualify for most of these things. :eek: Guess I'm a lesbian, then.

I really ought to tell my parents.

You're only a lesbian if you choose to be one!! :p
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OT but I know there are a few Rupert Graves fans on here (myself included). He's in Sherlock on BBC1 right now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Chryed Angel

Season 5

Oh, Masood is stuck in the elevator.

So tell Maintenance. [runs off]

Right. Well where the bloody hell is Maintenan—? [beat] Oh to be honest, I don't even care. [walks away]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good point, actually. Even with McDean (which I think was very well-done), I often found myself thinking "ooh, this is convincing for two straight actors!" which... kind of defeats the purpose in a way. It reminds me on NYD (the prime example of good acting in this storyline for me, but hardly the only instance) , I never once thought "wow, Nina's a brilliant actress" or "Johnny's doing so well" or "Marc's so convincing here" during the scenes. I thought it during other scenes, but I was too caught up in the characters to give the actors much thought 'til after.

It's like this with Christian and Syed's physical affection- there's the odd moment where it's clearly Marc and Johnny having a lark about, but most of the time, I'm thinking "awww, aren't Christian and Syed adorable?" rather than "Marc's doing such a good job portraying someone in a gay relationship!"

Exactly. And yes the same goes for NW and NG. I just get sucked into the s/l and end up wanting to throw things when Zainab comes out with one of her pearls of wisdom ;)

I don't even notice the ME and JP slips, I tend to put it all down to the playful side of Christian and Syed's relationship.
    Angel_Lou wrote: »
    Exactly. I think that is why we're all so drawn to this s/l - it feels so REAL and that is down to JP and Marc godbless them! :)

Some might say we think it is too real....:o
  • Options
    sazwilkiesazwilkie Posts: 9,686
    Forum Member
    About the blackhole

I really can't see it being 4 months long. And if it is there has to be a pretty big s/l to show why and we haven;t heard anything along these lines. There's no way EE can simply 'leave out' 2 characters that have led to some of the biggest s/l's of the year so far. I suppose that Chryed will take a bit of a back-seat story wise for a while and fair enough. They have had the central parts in the episodes they've been in and while domestic Chryed going about their day to day lives are squeeable to us, other viewers will find it boring. EE is about drama after all and where's the drama in 2 people on the sofa watching TV?!

Marc and Johnny have been seen filiming but will probably just pop up every now and then rather than the screen time we've been having.
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surreal wrote: »
    Hello Heartsick! There you are! You've been missed...serious discussions have taken place and you've been away...

No news except some tabloid claiming Preeya is coming back...they need to sell newspapers so anything will do

No new spoilers...I'm desperate for those actually

Saz has done screencaps of all the recent episodes and Rome made a wonderful compilation of the quotes...

Indie just posted link to her fanfic...

Others can fill as well :)

Thanks, wish I could have been here, although I did manage a whole book in this time! Where are the screencaps and quotes?
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heartsick wrote: »
    Thanks, LWP. But just above, there is something about a 4 month blackhole for Chryed, except for the fire?

We're not sure about the 4 month blackhole, we think its 4 months off filming but not 4 months off screen. Shelza said when she went elstree a few weeks ago both marc and johnny were filming that day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    Shh!! :o

You're only a lesbian if you choose to be one!! :p

TM Sonia Jackson
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,434
    Forum Member
    I havent read your fic before, thank you for linking because I LOVE IT!!! I've left a review :)

awwwwww thank you :) genuinely lovely...all the way back to the beginning! hope the rest don't disappoint :rolleyes:

you made me :D

right must go...
This discussion has been closed.