Options

English people living in Scotland still getting abused daily?

Comments

• Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Scots are annoying little sh*ts on xbox live. That's all I know.
  • Options
    k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tribade wrote: »
    No such thing as sounding like a Scot, unless it's an accent.

There is such a thing as sounding like a knob... it's you.

You are basically answering my point by being very defensive and quite rude as well.

If you are in London you see a melting pot of multiculturalism but in Scotland you see all white with the very occasional black or asian. For me that is very bland and I am not sure how people can live in that environment.
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    k-bola wrote: »
    You are basically answering my point by being very defensive and quite rude as well.

If you are in London you see a melting pot of multiculturalism but in Scotland you see all white with the very occasional black or asian. For me that is very bland and I am not sure how people can live in that environment.

Well to be fair most of the world lives like that, so I don't see the problem. Immigrants or no immigrants what difference does it make?

And btw I've seen figures with Scotland now less 95% white, so it's beginning to drop like everywhere else in the UK is.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd actually like to see more immigrants coming to Scotland; sadly, it's pressure from England, where you say people are so liberal, that's leading to controls being tightened so we aren't likely to get it.

Some people in Scotland are ignorant. So are some people in England. A relative of mine in England hears quite a lot of anti-Scottish comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually like to see more immigrants coming to Scotland; sadly, it's pressure from England, where you say people are so liberal, that's leading to controls being tightened so we aren't likely to get it.

Some people in Scotland are ignorant. So are some people in England. A relative of mine in England hears quite a lot of anti-Scottish comments.

Yes but probably in jest.
    I don't think the English are really that bothered about Scotland but in Scotland people love to talk about 'down South' this and 'down South' that all the time. In England nobody cares that much about what Scotland does. If Scotland got independence tommorrow I doubt anyone in England would be too bothered. So Scots, vote SNP and be done with us once and for all!
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's completely the opposite from what I've experianced in my life, it has to be said. I have lived in Ireland have been schooled in both countries.

Well, it's a true story, I worked alongside the guy for almost a year, and he would tell me about one or other of his daughters getting beaten up quite often, he eventually quit his job and moved back over to England because of it,

I would quite often be blamed for any "wrong doings" that the English did when in Ireland,
    The time the English football fans rioted in Dublin, MY fault, (according to some who I worked with)
    The time the English rugby team 'insulted' the Irish president, something to do with standing on her red carpet, MY fault,
    and the night the UK troops went into Iraq,(2003) I had a couple of my 'workmates' SHOUTING across the works canteen at me,
    "I bet you are Fing proud of yourself you English C***"
    this despite the fact they knew I had been on an anti war march in Dublin a few weeks earlier,

:(
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AS an Englishman who has lived and worked both in Scotland (Perthshire,Crief) AND the republic of Ireland (Westmeath, Mullingar)

:D

Where abouts in Crieff did you stay??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's a true story, I worked alongside the guy for almost a year, and he would tell me about one or other of his daughters getting beaten up quite often, he eventually quit his job and moved back over to England because of it,

I would quite often be blamed for any "wrong doings" that the English did when in Ireland,
    The time the English football fans rioted in Dublin, MY fault, (according to some who I worked with)
    The time the English rugby team 'insulted' the Irish president, something to do with standing on her red carpet, MY fault,
    and the night the UK troops went into Iraq,(2003) I had a couple of my 'workmates' SHOUTING across the works canteen at me,
    "I bet you are Fing proud of yourself you English C***"
    this despite the fact they knew I had been on an anti war march in Dublin a few weeks earlier,

All that is really terrible:( Basically no Scottish person in England would ever get that level of abuse in my opinion.
    The sooner Scotland gets independence the better, we already have seperate football teams, legal laws, educational laws and money let's go all the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member

I'll say it again. You have never lived here & I doubt even been here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say it again. You have never lived here & I doubt even been here.

I'll say it again. I have and I won't again, sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Where abouts in Crieff did you stay??

we rented a little cottage that was on a farm sort of near Crieff and....... I know I will spell this wrong so apologies in advance,.... Auchterarder??? close?

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im scottish living in England and only a couple of weeks ago was attacked verbally on a train purely because I was Scottish, it was quite scary as the woman threatened to get off at same stop as me to follow me, the conductor wouldnt do a thing about her either when I asked for assistance he told me that it wasnt his problem! Stern email later and he was getting dragged in for questioning by senoir staff, apparantyl he should have either put her off train or got transport police to meet her at station but he refused to do anything!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that is really terrible:( Basically no Scottish person in England would ever get that level of abuse in my opinion.
    The sooner Scotland gets independence the better, we already have seperate football teams, legal laws, educational laws and money let's go all the way.

OOPS that was in Ireland,

• Options
    angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived in England for years and it's just as bad down there if your a Scot but I still have many good friends down there despite the fact that a day didn't go by without some moron trying to start a fight or hurl abuse.

I personally have seen more racism living in England than I ever did in Scotland.

Shops refusing to take Scottish notes
    Signs in some shops banning Irish and Scots
    Riots against black people all over London on weekly basis
    When football is played abroad the English are blamed by the European and uk press whereas Scots tend to be praised for their good behavior.

Despite all that I still like the English people and the country with all it's faults which they have just as much as Scotland if not more because of the larger area.

Personally this is just media propaganda fueld by governments turning black against white, man against woman and country against country. You get morons and bigots
    everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we rented a little cottage that was on a farm sort of near Crieff and....... I know I will spell this wrong so apologies in advance,.... Auchterarder??? close?

Hey you spelt it right, bet you cant say it properly though:p Very few non scots can! Same as with "loch" anyone non Scots tends to say it as "lock"

Was only asking as I was from Crieff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Really?
    So I must have imagined being shouted at in the pub, called a "Scottish w*nk*r" told to "F*ck off home" or I would be beaten up, grabbed by two idiots and threatened and then later, followed by a gang of them from the pub and ended up having to call the police. A couple of weeks later one of them turned up at my house, very drunk and armed with a knife. He was arrested again. My crime?. I had the sheer nerve to date a local girl from their village and I was an outsider from Scotland.

My girlfriends brother is also not a small chap, and a black belt in one of the martial arts as well as boxing for fitness. He cornered the ringleader and made sure we would not be troubled again :)

However, unlike you who are so intolerant and racist you blame an entire country, I knew it was a small minority of idiots. Many other locals were disgusted with these idiots and I actually made some good friends from it. I do get the odd comment when out in Wakefield, but mainly from drunk arseholes. Doesn't happen very often, but it DOES happen even in your beloved country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOPS that was in Ireland,

sort of the same really except Ireland is cool and I love the Irish, we should join England with Ireland!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Im scottish living in England and only a couple of weeks ago was attacked verbally on a train purely because I was Scottish, it was quite scary as the woman threatened to get off at same stop as me to follow me, the conductor wouldnt do a thing about her either when I asked for assistance he told me that it wasnt his problem! Stern email later and he was getting dragged in for questioning by senoir staff, apparantyl he should have either put her off train or got transport police to meet her at station but he refused to do anything!

simple fact is EVERY country in the world has it's share of 'nutters' and aholes

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?
    So I must have imagined being shouted at in the pub, called a "Scottish w*nk*r" told to "F*ck off home" or I would be beaten up, grabbed by two idiots and threatened and then later, followed by a gang of them from the pub and ended up having to call the police. A couple of weeks later one of them turned up at my house, very drunk and armed with a knife. He was arrested again. My crime?. I had the sheer nerve to date a local girl from their village and I was an outsider.

My girlfriends brother is also not a small chap, and a black belt in one of the martial arts as well as boxing for fitness. He cornered the ringleader and made sure we would not be troubled again :)

However, unlike you who are so intolerant and racist you blame an entire country, I knew it was a small minority of idiots. Many other locals were disgusted with these idiots and I actually made some good friends from it. I do get the odd comment when out in Wakefield, but mainly from drunk arseholes. Doesn't happen very often, but it DOES happen even in your beloved country.

Exactly. That is a terrible story and if we seperated the countries permanently tragic tales like this wouldn't have to happen. As a Scottish person, you should vote SNP and liberate yourself from English supposed rule.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member

We're not going to get Independence. We don't bloody want it & never have.

Go bat for the SNP. Haven't got a hope in hell of getting independence & they know it.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are in London you see a melting pot of multiculturalism

What part of London do you come from?.....

It certainly isnt any part that I am aware of, and as a Londoner born and bred, I know quite a lot of it!.

In particular, I found this little gem you wrote illuminating...
    In London we accept all races and creeds

No racist crime here then!.....
  • Options
    THRTHR Posts: 9,808
    Forum Member
    Unless go about wearing an England-shirt and shouting out very loud, how do the people in Scotland recognise you as English anyway? Are you sure you were attacked only because the thugs wanted to attack a random person rather than that you were attacked because you're English?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're not going to get Independence. We don't bloody want it & never have.

Go bat for the SNP. Haven't got a hope in hell of getting independence & they know it.

Alex Salmond is a really nice man, I met him a few times and if I was Scottish I would definately vote for him. I like his ideas and if he was English I would elect him for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Exactly. That is a terrible story and if we seperated the countries permanently tragic tales like this wouldn't have to happen. As a Scottish person, you should vote SNP and liberate yourself from English supposed rule.

Why?.

I live in Yorkshire now, those idiots have moved on, grown up or moved away. I like it here, have good friends here and I realise a tiny minority does not mean the whole country is bad.

Even if the country's separated what difference would it make?. German's get a far harder time, and far more abuse from the English than the English do from idiotic Scots, and Germany isn't part of the UK is it?.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simple fact is EVERY country in the world has it's share of 'nutters' and aholes

So true OHG, sad but true.