Options

Nadia: Davina Made Me Hate Myself

Comments

• Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Blimey! The bit about Ulrika, if true, is appalling!

Surely someone watching LF would have picked up on this, and posted accordingly?
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Annie* wrote: »
    She may be a woman but she needs to learn to behave in a more ladylike way.

Oh be serious. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadia must be having a laugh, Davina has always been Nadia's biggest fan.

I wish Nadia would now go away and never be seen in public again.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Videostar wrote: »
    Nadia must be having a laugh, Davina has always been Nadia's biggest fan.

I wish Nadia would now go away and never be seen in public again.
    I think that wish has just been granted ;)
  • Options
    crispihcrispih Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if she does not like herself how can anyone else. She is another who thinks she can say what she wants but no one is allowed to say anything to her - she made a beeline for josie to give her opinion on JJ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    where do you start with this one??

Firstly ER thanks for giving us the insight to a subject that I know nothing about

As regards to Nadia, I find her offensive soley because of her self obsessed attitude

Yes, you can't understand fully someone unless you have walked in their shoes, I understand that but,

Nadia, I think, USES her gender swap in order to gain the adoration she so desperately seeks,

meaning she cries, shouts and gets quite aggressive when she doesn't get her own way

and blames it on people not accepting her as a woman.

The statements she is coming out with now makes me seriously consider whether she is

mentally stable enough to carry out any decision she makes, ie. surgery on her face?

I wonder if it was self hatred that made her change to being a woman, in the first place?

did she think the grass would be greener on the other side? (as I stated before I don't know

anything about this subject)

but I am merely stating that the self hatred is very much in evidence,

and maybe that's why she looks to other people for it hence,

the anguish about Davina's comment's
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's someone I have always looked up to. Kids watch that show - she should be more responsible. For Davina to say I am boyish, what does she want me to do? Should I be a perfect, pretty size zero? < No you certainly shouldn't you need to love yourself how you are!

"It's made me realise I need to have surgery and reshape my face. I am still not accepted as a woman. Davina's comment has made me hate myself. I feel fat, I feel ugly. I am disgusted by myself when I look in the mirror. So I will have to try harder to conform." I can't believe that people have made her feel this way, I thought after BB5 people minds were a bit more open, sadly not!

Almada also claimed that show bosses failed to air footage of fellow contestant Ulrika Jonsson calling her a "fat tranny". < If that's true its absolutely digraceful, Im not excusing all of Nadia's behavious but theyve pulled a right hatchet job on her!
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crispih wrote: »
    if she does not like herself how can anyone else. She is another who thinks she can say what she wants but no one is allowed to say anything to her - she made a beeline for josie to give her opinion on JJ

No Josie ASKED people what their opinions were on John James???????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cythna wrote: »
    That remark of Davina's was completely uncalled for, and must have really hurt Nadia, You could tell from what she said on CCDWM that winning BB, and Davina's saying that she was her favourite HM, was very important to her sense of self, and feeling of acceptance. For Davina to crack a joke like that would be beyond painful.

Nadia was never someone I cared about particularly, and I didn't want her to win in BB5, but I do understand why she is like she is, and I sincerley hope that she gets the help she so obviously needs. Honestly, if Davina had said that about me, I would have just about died:(

The comment was made on BBBM ffs. Look at the context, it was on a show that light heartedly pokes fun at ALL the HMs. Davina never meant to be hurtful with it, and has even apologised since upon hearing how Nadia felt. If a through away comment such as Davina's is having such a psychological impact on her as she is saying, it further illustrates why Nadia should never have been passed fit to be in UBB in the first place.

I dont want to sound harsh, especially under these serious circumstances, but Nadia's attitude is what has caused the public to turn against her. Not isolated incidents she's trying to blame as justification for her recent overly aggressive divaish behaviour. She was the same person in UBB as she was on CCDWM! Where was Coolio, Ulrika or Davina there? Or was that the producers too? :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for Nadia. She is desperately unhappy which is why i think she is behaving the way she is. The plastic surgery wont fix anything, she needs to be happy within herself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    '
    Are people expecting someone to talk complete sense when they're depressed?!?

Posters in this vortex like thread aren't really making much sense either, mostly repeating the same few points over and over and it's all about accusations that we mostly don't even know the truth of but there are strong opinions about them. How mad is that! :D

One thing is sure. If people are talking about you, you are important to them, so Nads must still be a big character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The comment was made on BBBM ffs. Look at the context, it was on a show that light heartedly pokes fun at ALL the HMs. Davina never meant to be hurtful with it, and has even apologised since upon hearing how Nadia felt. If a through away comment such as Davina's is having such a psychological impact on her as she is saying, it further illustrates why Nadia should never have been passed fit to be in UBB in the first place.
    But if a person has done their best to overcome a severe medical condition is it acceptable for an observer to keep reminding millions of people about it? Steve has tried to overcome his injuries. I didn't hear Davina crack any 'jokes' along the lines of "old stumpy".

The whole point of sex reassignment is to move on, to stop being perceived as 'a transsexual'. And then some ignorant scriptwriter throws it up again, years later, almost in Nadia's face. So, according to what you say, anyone who has ever had anything wrong with them should not be accepted as fit to do BB unless they're happy to have it brought up years later. That cannot be right. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't expect people who are depressed to do the media circus either tbh. That would be more attention seeking and a bit of a contradiction to anyone who had suffered this awful condition.

Talking about her, yes, but in a negative way which can't do her any good, she comes across as being stuck in a quandry of wanting to prolong the earning potential from the BB gravy train in a lot of people's opinion, and there lies the talking point and the potential deceit on her part within all this.

I am not saying her condition should be overlooked in her behaviour but she should be learning from all experiences both good and bad, however she either seems unable to move forward in a positive way or is playing a big game to achieve a hidden agenda of remaining a celebrity at any cost.

In turn, she should show respect to people who suffer depression, to MIND as an organisation and to people who have lost loved ones through this awful nightmare that is depression, their lack of wanting to talk to anyone which leaves the guilt of 'why didn't we know, why didn't they say it was that bad' and the true suffering of those left behind.

To read that she has been on Channel 5, been in The Star and other such publications does nothing to bring out any sympathy because there will always be the suspicion of a hidden agenda there.

Privacy and genuine treatment have always been the way to tackle depression, something that MIND would probably agree with. Media interviews are often valuable after treatment has been sought, to give others a direction of what do, where to go and a sense of not being alone.

However, interviews such as the type she has given do nothing to persuade the gbp that the suffering is worthy of sympathy and understanding. Because we don't understand. Because it's not the way we would deal with depression.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeaCosy wrote: »
    But if a person has done their best to overcome a severe medical condition is it acceptable for an observer to keep reminding millions of people about it? Steve has tried to overcome his injuries. I didn't hear Davina crack any 'jokes' along the lines of "old stumpy".

The whole point of sex reassignment is to move on, to stop being perceived as 'a transsexual'. And then some ignorant scriptwriter throws it up again, years later, almost in Nadia's face. So, according to what you say, anyone who has ever had anything wrong with them should not be accepted as fit to do BB unless they're happy to have it brought up years later. That cannot be right. :)

Thats a really good post and I can see where you are coming from. I think under the circumstances (they knew what Coolio had been saying in the house to her and the fact she had been reduced to tears upon eviction) they could have left it out.

But its as you say "an ignorant scriptwriter throws it up again" It wasnt Davina's personal opinion or meant as an attack on her. Judging by how much respect they both seem to have for one another, and how friendly they both are with each other. I think Davina assumed Nadia would have taken it in the light hearted nature it was originally intended, otherwise she wouldnt have said it. She's horrified its upset Nadia. And i think thats because she's now realised (like many of us) how much of a facade she has put on in the house. She's very insecure, emotionally fragile and sad at the moment. I hope she can see passed getting some cosmetic surgery done as a means to fix her apperance hang ups, unfortunately theyre still many ignorant sods out there that will always see Nadia as a "he" regardless of how she looks. I hope she gets the appropriate help she needs in dealing with these issue she has.

I couldnt stand Nadia towards the end of UBB, but lets all remember she is a human being and should be treated like one. Its awful hearing all the bull*hit she is going through all because of a bloody T.V show! This is the exactly the type of story i wont miss BB for, it ruins lives because people take it so bloody seriously. Its quite scary how the public can treat housemates upon evicition. :(
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it is a big deal to a hell of a lot of people.

People do feel very deeply that their gender is important to them, that it's an integral part of their being. That having grown up with their gender and coped with their gender there is some ownership of their gender, (clumsily put but can't think of a better way to express it).

If gender is so important that people will go through hell when they think they are born the wrong gender, why shouldn't people who are not born the wrong gender hold it just as important?
    Which for a lot of non trans person translates into, what you are born as is what you are because something that important can't be changed.

I think you've misunderstood me...

I was making the point that being Transsexual etc is a big a deal to a normal person as they make it....from my own experience it's a big a deal to my friends as they make it. Some of them took it really hard and made a big fuss over it (ie not being a friend anymore) where as others just gave me a hug and we've never been better.

Of course being transsexual is a big deal personally to the actual transsexual...

With me now? I was in no way taking anything away from other Transsexual people.

DISCLAIMER: I hate to use the phrase 'normal' person to describe someone without gender issues but felt in the context of this conversation it was needed to differentiate between transsexuals and normal gendered people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and quite scarey that they put housemates in who anyone can see is not able to deal with being unpopular. Nikki is another example of foolishness in that she was a known anorexic. Thankfully, UBB paid off for her in reinforcing her popularity but had it gone a different way then the people who choose HM's could have potentially been guilty of massive and unforgiveable irreponsibility. I for one don't want my entertainment to be provided at the cost of someone's mental health thanks.
  • Options
    Mrs RiversMrs Rivers Posts: 214
    Forum Member

..that is a most excellent post - thank you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Surely someone watching LF would have picked up on this, and posted accordingly?

Surely BB producers would have ensured there was a sound dip at the crucial moment so as to protect dulrika.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy-lou wrote: »
    ...and quite scarey that they put housemates in who anyone can see is not able to deal with being unpopular. Nikki is another example of foolishness in that she was a known anorexic. Thankfully, UBB paid off for her in reinforcing her popularity but had it gone a different way then the people who choose HM's could have potentially been guilty of massive and unforgiveable irreponsibility. I for one don't want my entertainment to be provided at the cost of someone's mental health thanks.

BB seems to have a habit of pulling its HM's from an increasing pool of applicants who go on seeking public acceptance and validation from what is essentially an unpopularity contest - both inside and outside the house.

Sometimes they are lucky and it comes off ... more often than not they aren't and it doesn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member

I agree. I was not Nadias biggest fan in UBB, however I was qute gobsmacked by what Davina said and felt embarrassed and hurt for Nadia.
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Sometimes, just sometimes, that big fat appearance fee for two week's "work" isn't quite worth it, is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Nadia needs to face the fact that she's the only one responsible for the reaction she got from the eviction crowd. Until she learns to take responsibility for her behaviour and her actions and stop blaming everything and everyone for her life, nothing will change in her life.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Nadia obviously needs professional help and has done for a long time.

Instead of playing the victim in the press, she'd be better off going away from the public eye and seeking out help. She may then be able to lead a happier life.
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadia needs to face the fact that she's the only one responsible for the reaction she got from the eviction crowd.

Well that's just not true, is it? We all know the eviction crowd's mood can be and is manipulated.
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Nadia obviously needs professional help and has done for a long time.

Instead of playing the victim in the press, she'd be better off going away from the public eye and seeking out help. She may then be able to lead a happier life.

I agree.

I don't understand how she passed the psychiatrists tests to go onto UBB.
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glowboy wrote: »
    Sometimes, just sometimes, that big fat appearance fee for two week's "work" isn't quite worth it, is it?

Sometimes though it can pay off quite spectacularly and you get a big fat fee and the world is your oyster (again). No doubt they feel the risk is worth it.