Options

The " Waterloo Road" series 6 thread

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first heard of Amanda Burton joining Waterloo Road, I didn't think I would like her, but she plays the character very well! The possibility of a relationship between Karen and Marcus seems obvious and I reckon also that Janeece will lose the baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Really liking this series so far, the last dragged on imo.

Oh and anyone know the song that played 2x when marcus was on screen?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    This series still isn't working for me at all. I think the problem is there's a severe lack of school issues and all the storylines revolve around family/personal life. There is also no proper management team. From day one there's always been a structured management team who interact a lot with each other, but this series Karen seems too busy with her family to do anything. Realistically she would not be able to manage a school and she's hardly interacting with other teachers, like Rachel Mason did.

I'm guessing the mid series cliffhanger will end with Bex coming home & Chris' secret revealed which will hopefully move this Fisher borefest along:yawn: I know a lot of people have taken to the Fishers, but imo they've just been forced on us too soon.

All I say is BRING BACK RACHEL MASON:p

...and can't wait for Stephs return to see what she's been doing:D
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geogchick wrote: »
    Was I imagining things or were they starting to set up a romance foe Karen and Marcus Kirby?

It's a compulsory element of every series. The head must have a relationship with another member of staff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Still a bit boring, I find. The girl who plays Jess is probably the best actor in the show. Still not really warmed to Amanda Burton's character, and Daddy Fisher really needs to bugger off now, he's severely annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Pingu84 wrote: »

That looks like an amazing story for Grantly and I'm so pleased we get to see Fleur again:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Have Finn and Amy just suddenly split up or was there a mention of it it seems weird, last series you could not keep them apart, and now he is all over Jess fisher wihout a thought about amy
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh and anyone know the song that played 2x when marcus was on screen?

Anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone?

Do you know what time in the episode it was? I'll have a look for you if you know a rough time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks mate, it starts at 26:28 (episode 5)

cheers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks mate, it starts at 26:28 (episode 5)

cheers :D

No worries. It's Delphic- Clarion Call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12qObUZo7xM

Brilliant band. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I'm now 5 episodes behind - still no sign of any repeats on BBC3 just BBC-HD - its beyond me why they have stopped repeating the episodes on BBC3.

:mad:
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame. I really enjoyed last series but had to switch off half way through this week's instalment. Thought it was really poor. Don't like any of the new kids, or the teachers. I know the pupils can't be schoolkids forever but bring back Troy Bolton et al. Loved last series.
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Shame. I really enjoyed last series but had to switch off half way through this week's instalment. Thought it was really poor. Don't like any of the new kids, or the teachers. I know the pupils can't be schoolkids forever but bring back Troy Bolton et al. Loved last series.

Troy Bolton was never in WR. xD he was in High School Musical.
  • Options
    dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and can't wait for Stephs return to see what she's been doing:D

Who say's Steph is returning/coming back? I have never heard this at all :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

steph is coming back for one or two episodes, not permanently (i think)
  • Options
    Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry you'll have to forgive my ignorance ( I only started watching this series ) but who is Steph? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry you'll have to forgive my ignorance ( I only started watching this series ) but who is Steph? :)

Steph was a French teacher (played by Denise Welch). Been in it since series 1 :)
  • Options
    Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle_18 wrote: »
    Steph was a French teacher (played by Denise Welch). Been in it since series 1 :)

• Options
    dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this mate :) I like how they have characters "returning" as so in Waterloo road, be interesting establish/to find out why Steph returns!

Are you into Waterloo Road then - if so it'd be cool to chat about it in a PM may-be if you want?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    Steph is coming back for two episode...I believe Denise confirmed it on Loose Women or somewhere :) Will be great to have her back for a bit...
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this week's episode. Jess is becoming a bit more of a likeable character as the series goes on.

And next episode seems to have Sam and Lauren, my two favourite characters, centre-stage :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Are you into Waterloo Road then - if so it'd be cool to chat about it in a PM may-be if you want?

yeah i am, lost a bit of interest in the last series but loving this one :D and sure idm

oh and i like jess :o:p