Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• Options
    megataffmegataff Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    ... but performances which weren't up to the usual Leona standard e.g. ISY on Dancing With the Stars and SCYHO on X Factor, saying that mind you those performances would blow anything on this years X Factor away.
    :confused::confused::confused:

I thought she was awesome singing SCYHO...

I know we were all hoping for something (other than a cover) off Echo at the time, and I was gutted too when it was that song, and not one of the fan favs like OMH, CB or IGY...but her performance of the song was her usual fantastic self.... to my <admittedly 'ageing'> ears at least! There was a little sound glitch right at the beginning, but that's deffo one of my fav clips of her. I play it a LOT.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.last.fm/group/Leona+Lewis+Fans

I just quickly set that up now ha, I'll edit the info tomorrow :p
  • Options
    megataffmegataff Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Enjoyed Leona in that performance, she was brilliant. And god, you guys weren't joking when you said she looked hot. Hope she keeps that look. Sexy!!!

For anyone buying the Blu-ray version of the tour, it's only £8.95 on Amazon. The same price and the non Blu-ray. Wonder if thats a mistake? Sites like HMV and Play.com selling for like £13.99.

I'm wishing they'll add a Blu-ray version that includes a CD, but I know they probably wont. Still don't know which one to get :(
    I've just put my pre-order in for the BR version of it and sure enough, it deffo says £8.95 for on the receipt for the Blu Ray version! I was going to order it off there a week or two ago too....but thought I'd hold back to see if it could be had for less elsewhere. Glad I did now :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    megataff wrote: »

I know we were all hoping for something (other than a cover) off Echo at the time, and I was gutted too when it was that song, and not one of the fan favs like OMH, CB or IGY...but her performance of the song was her usual fantastic self.... to my <admittedly 'ageing'> ears at least! There was a little sound glitch right at the beginning, but that's deffo one of my fav clips of her. I play it a LOT.

She was awesome :D As Eth said her lower range at the beginning was affected by a throat problem but she delivered on the important parts!:D
  • Options
    Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    http://www.last.fm/group/Leona+Lewis+Fans

I just quickly set that up now ha, I'll edit the info tomorrow :p

Woo. :D
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    megataff wrote: »

Yeah I thought she was too. There were just a few ropey lower notes in the verses and first two choruses because they are all in her lower register. The same thing happened during the first verse in I Got You at the Radio 2 Sessions because she was still recovering. It can be difficult to get on pitch when you have a cold. She smashed the ending though. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol Leona gets a name check in a verse in the first song off Kanye West's next album:

song + lyrics here: http://www.killerhiphop.com/kanye-west-dark-fantasy-lyrics/

(Parental Advisory !)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david_f wrote: »
    lol Leona gets a name check in a verse in the first song off Kanye West's next album:

(Parental Advisory !)

NO WAY that is so so so amazing! :D:D
  • Options
    If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(Parental Advisory !)

:eek: That is the coolest effing thing ever!!!
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its really great that Shes been kept in the public eye in Germany and some surrounding countrys by people performing Run.

Itunes Update.

Germany

Run #2
    Spirit Deluxe #1 :eek:

Luxumberg

Run #1
    Spirit Deluxe 4 :eek:

Switzerland

Run #2
    Spirit Deluxe #6

Austria

Run #9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked Amazon.de and Spirit is 28 & 48 on physicals

Its 21 on Amazon Downloads

Run is 8 & 41 & 61 & 77 on Amazon Downloads

A moment like this is 97 on Amazon Downloads :D
  • Options
    joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt should do RUN on the X. Then we could watch the spirit dance!
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    Its really great that Shes been kept in the public eye in Germany and some surrounding countrys by people performing Run.

Itunes Update.

Germany

Run #2
    Spirit Deluxe #1 :eek:

Luxumberg

Run #1
    Spirit Deluxe 4 :eek:

Switzerland

Run #2
    Spirit Deluxe #6

Austria

Run #9

Run now #1 and Spirit Delux #1 on German iTunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run's also #1 (and 54, 69 and 99) on musicload.de which is the other huge German mp3/music store.

Strange thing with Austria/Switzerland is I'm sure Run hit #1 in the official charts in Austria and #2 in Switzerland when first released.
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spirit's longevity is really extraordinary. Do we know in Germany is albums sell in big numbers on digital sites like iTunes or is it mostly physical copies?

The Kanye thing just re-affirms the regard and profile Leona has in the industry in America. If they come up with commercial, radio friendly songs I think the foundations are there for Leona to be huge in the U.S once again. Despite the setbacks of the last year, for an X Factor winner to be in Leona's position is just astonishing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Spirit's longevity is really extraordinary. Do we know in Germany is albums sell in big numbers on digital sites like iTunes or is it mostly physical copies?

The Kanye thing just re-affirms the regard and profile Leona has in the industry in America. If they come up with commercial, radio friendly songs I think the foundations are there for Leona to be huge in the U.S once again. Despite the setbacks of the last year, for an X Factor winner to be in Leona's position is just astonishing.

Spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Run's also #1 (and 54, 69 and 99) on musicload.de which is the other huge German mp3/music store.

Strange thing with Austria/Switzerland is I'm sure Run hit #1 in the official charts in Austria and #2 in Switzerland when first released.

Yup you're right.

It's really amazing how much Run connects when performed on TV shows. Who'd have thought when she did it for Live Lounge how big an impact her version would have. :)
    X Factor Rebecca Ferguson: Don't call me Leona Lewis Mk II

Singing sensation Rebecca Ferguson has told how she does not want to be compared to former Pop Idol winner Leona Lewis.

The mum-of-two from Liverpool, who sang Why Don't You Do It Right last night, has taken the show by storm with a series of stunning performances.

She said: "I think Leona is amazing and it's great to be compared to her. But I want to be seen as something a bit different. I'm determined I am going to have a singing career."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/x-factor/2010/10/24/x-factor-rebecca-ferguson-don-t-call-me-leona-lewis-mk-ii-115875-22654851/

I wasn't aware anyone had compared the two. :confused: And Leona won Pop Idol now apparently. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leona's love wish

Just a few short months ago Leona Lewis was heartbroken after her relationship with her childhood sweetheart Lou Al-Chamaa fell apart.

But now it looks like things with her new man are progressing at lightning speed. I can reveal Leona's dancer boyfriend of two months Dennis Jauch has ditched his job in Germany and is moving to Blighty to be closer to the Bleeding Love star.

Dennis, 22, left his job at the On-Stage school last week and has told his flatmates he will no longer need the room at his modest Hamburg apartment.

A friend of Dennis - nicknamed "Man Bitch" by friends because he's had so many lovers - tells me: "Dennis is head over heels in love with Leona and wants to be in London so he can be closer to her.

"He had a regular job in Hamburg but has packed it in so he can follow Leona to London. He is leaving all his friends behind too - but he doesn't care. He just wants to be with Leona.

"She is delighted because it's a sign of how much he thinks of her. They have become close very quickly and Leona's never been happier.

More here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/10/24/leona-s-love-wish-115875-22654710/#ixzz13NYj5MPD

Man Bitch. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »

I love that nick name.

I want it.

:D

Just looked at musicload.de

Run is 1, 54, 70 and 100

Spirit is 14 & 62

Echo is 67 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anyone who could post the German pop bars from itunes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    Is there anyone who could post the German pop bars from itunes?

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9541/rungermanitunes.jpg
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hans can't keep his dick in his trousers can he?

She really is setting herself up for a big fall.

Guys a loser.
  • Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guys a loser.

Suppose we can only cross fingers and hope for the best ? having an alleged track record of being a bit of a lover boy doesn`t inspire confidence and tends to leave one worrying somewhat about the future :rolleyes:

Lets hope Leona Stay`s Happy :)

She is one Hell of a catch for anyone :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guys a loser.

You seem to have a problem when it comes to Leona & Dennis. Jealous?

Have you not been laid recently? Is Mrs B Refusing to Bash Your Bishop?

Is that why you feel the need to look down on someone elses relationship ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't really make much sense that story. Leona lives in LA so why would he move to London to be nearer to her? And why would they book a holiday to a place Leona already lives?

Almost certainly giving up his Hamburg On-Stage work as he's increasingly getting work via AMCK Dance (which is based in the UK) all around the world with the likes of Kylie et al.
This discussion has been closed.