Options

Peter Andre Inspires Paralysed Woman To Walk

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the same way that Ice, Ice Baby was one of Jedward's best?

Whatever, the buying public didn't agree once the tricks had stopped. Falls 23 places in one week, only two weeks in the chart.

23! :eek:

I'm quite shocked it dropped so far, so soon.

It kind of makes me wonder how "Defender" would have faired had he not been up and down the country signing copies in ASDA. He was bragging he signed thousands a day! Ouch! And the album too, without the signings?

With all the publicity he did for "Defender" he was probably thinking a better position than Behind Closed Doors, at the very least.

I wonder if he'll still have his eyes set on breaking the states with this "masterpiece" He said the album cost him a fortune to make, and it clearly hasnt paid off. I doubt these 2 "US only tracks" he has will make the album any more popular over there!
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23! :eek:

I'm quite shocked it dropped so far, so soon.

It kind of makes me wonder how "Defender" would have faired had he not been up and down the country signing copies in ASDA. He was bragging he signed thousands a day! Ouch! And the album too, without the signings?

With all the publicity he did for "Defender" he was probably thinking a better position than Behind Closed Doors, at the very least.

I wonder if he'll still have his eyes set on breaking the states with this "masterpiece" He said the album cost him a fortune to make, and it clearly hasnt paid off. I doubt these 2 "US only tracks" he has will make the album any more popular over there![/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the 11th place album only sold 20,000 copies so I doubt PA was many more than that - 25k max probably but I expect someone will come along with the right figure.

Historicaly wherever he charts is about as good as it gets and he never stays in the charts for more than a few weeks so he is a million miles away from his last major album which was 300k I think (not including the Loves songs Valentines album but even that did over 60k I believe.)

He won't be going anywhere near the US, that story is just hype to try to sell this album by making it sound better than it is.

Just wait for the "I can't go to the states because I cant bear to be parted from my kids" story

He has a moderate but loyal fanbase that will buy his music over here so he he is better off just concentrating on them. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Pete has done well considering his music is mediocre.

And now he's talking about princess and a boob job http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201011/103230.php. I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now he's talking about princess and a boob job http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201011/103230.php. I

Won't Princess know his opinions on "things like that" just by looking at the woman he married… her mother?

Don't get me wrong I can see Katie has gone overboard with surgery anybody can, but I hope he phrases it better than that to her. Because he married Katie after she has lots of surgery and it could end up sounding like a dig at Katie, which I don't think any kid needs to hear.
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Loulou65 wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion/musical taste, of course. There are plenty of artists that I don't like (although I would never slate them just because they don't appeal to me - each to their own etc.).

But anyone who is insistent that they don't like PA's style, think it is dross etc....well, you are in luck, as this latest album is very far removed from his "usual style"!

So if you heard it, you might even like it! Until you realised who it was, of course ;). (Some people are just determined to hate PA, whatever he does :rolleyes:).

Quite right, and well said. :)

Three top 10 albums in little more than a year is brilliant - especially as this one is the best of the lot, imo.

And the person who said it cost him a fortune is mistaken. His record company paid for the album - although, of course, with his other lucrative interests he could have easily done so if he wished. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All pretty conservative choices I'd say, especially Celine Dion. :D:D

Celine Dion is conservative, yep, that wasn't a very good example, but I wouldn't say the others are conservative at all.
    Loulou65 wrote: »
    Probably because the album then came out, so everyone is now buying that instead. :p

Another Top Ten - well done, Pete! :)

Yep, well done, Pete. As darling has said, three top 10 albums in 14 months is great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that the 11th place album only sold 20,000 copies so I doubt PA was many more than that - 25k max probably but I expect someone will come along with the right figure.

Historicaly wherever he charts is about as good as it gets and he never stays in the charts for more than a few weeks so he is a million miles away from his last major album which was 300k I think (not including the Loves songs Valentines album but even that did over 60k I believe.)

He won't be going anywhere near the US, that story is just hype to try to sell this album by making it sound better than it is.

Just wait for the "I can't go to the states because I cant bear to be parted from my kids" story

He has a moderate but loyal fanbase that will buy his music over here so he he is better off just concentrating on them. :)

I agree. The money generated will be more than a little dissappointing. He had Guy Chambers, Labrinth and Tiao Cruz working on it. And theyll cost BIG £££! The US comments could well have been a ploy to drive curiosity sales. But the US comments are exactly why there's an air of failure about the charted positions imo. I mean he spoke of this material breaking an industry that has so far illuded him, and ends up barely scrapping a top 10 album. I'm not critising Andre for his ambition to break into the US market, because he isnt "cool" enough or "serious" enough to be taken seriously there. Its that Andre always talks extremely prematurely. He should have waited for the public reaction to the material, before championing the album himself!

On and in response to an above post....Conehead never paid for the WHOLE album. Andre contributed to some of the costs. He said so himself on This Morning a couple of weeks ago. Something along the lines of "Ive spend quite alot of my money to get this right" Philip Schofield even commented on money coming from Andre's other projects allowing him to do it. Another crack at the ship, so to speak.

Not that it really matters either way, people are entitled to an opinion on how successful its been or not. And i dont think its a success. Well not to the level of success he wanted out of it anyway.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Quite right, and well said. :)

Three top 10 albums in little more than a year is brilliant - especially as this one is the best of the lot, imo.

And the person who said it cost him a fortune is mistaken. His record company paid for the album - although, of course, with his other lucrative interests he could have easily done so if he wished. :)

Three in a year??? Really?? Cos that would be a bit of a blow to the idea that this is a quality album if he is churning them out like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. The money generated will be more than a little dissappointing. He had Guy Chambers, Labrinth and Tiao Cruz working on it. And theyll cost BIG £££! The US comments could well have been a ploy to drive curiosity sales. But the US comments are exactly why there's an air of failure about the charted positions imo. I mean he spoke of this material breaking an industry that has so far illuded him, and ends up barely scrapping a top 10 album. I'm not critising Andre for his ambition to break into the US market, because he isnt "cool" enough or "serious" enough to be taken seriously there. Its that Andre always talks extremely prematurely. He should have waited for the public reaction to the material, before championing the album himself!

On and in response to an above post....Conehead never paid for the WHOLE album. Andre contributed to some of the costs. He said so himself on This Morning a couple of weeks ago. Something along the lines of "Ive spend quite alot of my money to get this right" Philip Schofield even commented on money coming from Andre's other projects allowing him to do it. Another crack at the ship, so to speak.

Not that it really matters either way, people are entitled to an opinion on how successful its been or not. And i dont think its a success. Well not to the level of success he wanted out of it anyway.

Unconditional Love songs got to number 7 in the album chart and only sold 65,000 copies. First week chart position really doesn't indicate anything more than a publicity drive - the longevity is the thing that counts.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't Princess know his opinions on "things like that" just by looking at the woman he married… her mother?

Don't get me wrong I can see Katie has gone overboard with surgery anybody can, but I hope he phrases it better than that to her. Because he married Katie after she has lots of surgery and it could end up sounding like a dig at Katie, which I don't think any kid needs to hear.

He was more than happy to embrace the plastic when it suited him. And what on earth is he doing talking about boob jobs in relation to a 3yr old? He really has nothing to talk about, does he? The meaning behind a bloody awful song that no sane person gives a crap about and a future potential eventuality that he's getting an early announcement in about. FFS. :rolleyes: The man is tragic!
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His singing career will never be his biggest moneymaker,his music mainly appeals to people who already liked him and I don't think it really brings him new fans imo. I doubt that he will ever come to the US now,thank god,seeing as his album and single haven't been a massive enough success to justify the time and expense that go with a U.S. launch. He needs to stick to presenting,I like him when he presents shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    His singing career will never be his biggest moneymaker,his music mainly appeals to people who already liked him and I don't think it really brings him new fans imo. I doubt that he will ever come to the US now,thank god,seeing as his album and single haven't been a massive enough success to justify the time and expense that go with a U.S. launch. He needs to stick to presenting,I like him when he presents shows.

That doesn't seem to be going well for him either - the Friday thing he was supposed to be doing for This Morning has only been a very rare occurrence. The chat show route didn't go well.

And the £1,000,000 contract was quickly refuted by the station.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    He was more than happy to embrace the plastic when it suited him. And what on earth is he doing talking about boob jobs in relation to a 3yr old? He really has nothing to talk about, does he? The meaning behind a bloody awful song that no sane person gives a crap about and a future potential eventuality that he's getting an early announcement in about. FFS. :rolleyes: The man is tragic!

I think this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a286818/price-to-host-live-from-studio-five.html

May explain why we have the usual Katie Price type attention seeking again :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unconditional Love songs got to number 7 in the album chart and only sold 65,000 copies. First week chart position really doesn't indicate anything more than a publicity drive - the longevity is the thing that counts.

Yeah i hear what youre saying. Longevity is what seperates the "flash in the pan" type singers, from the series contenders. And a 23 place drop in its second week is unreal, especially considering the amount of publicity he still did for the single in its second week.

Further proof imo, he hasnt got a career in music without the "sob story" He's like a really irritating X Factor contestant who wont go away! :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i hear what youre saying. Longevity is what seperates the "flash in the pan" type singers, from the series contenders. And a 23 place drop in its second week is unreal, especially considering the amount of publicity he still did for the single in its second week.

Further proof imo, he hasnt got a career in music without the "sob story" He's like a really irritating X Factor contestant who wont go away! :sleep:

I have just read his next single (due to be released in December, so they are not thinking this one is going to be about much longer) is called Kiss and Tell - oh the irony.

Not.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    FuzzyWigLoverFuzzyWigLover Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I have just read his next single (due to be released in December, so they are not thinking this one is going to be about much longer) is called Kiss and Tell - oh the irony.

Not.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Indeed, not another premeditated track then:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    FuzzyWigLoverFuzzyWigLover Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    This album has had good reviews. However, Pete will probably never be accepted as an artist by most - in some cases, people only have to hear his name and dismiss it without even bothering ot listen.
    Nevertheless, he can make a good living from his music if he so wishes, and sing live to audiences, which he says he enjoys. That is what music is about, not the charts. Only a select few can sell millions. He is with a small label who will not have such high expectations as the major labels.

I could not disagree more, artists who sell millions of records are usually credible with talent, and can actually sing, and are original, nothing about PA is original, it is at best copycat MJ/GM, in other words a wannabe.

Serious artists who produce consistent and good material can and do command longevity. He had a stab at this before and flunked out, and IMO second stab will be no different, he simply is not talented or credible enough.

I said it before, I'll say it again, cruise ships or holiday camps, really I only see him appearing in those types of places if he really insists his music is heard.
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Quick summary. Peter Andre is a sad, hypocrite of a man living off the fame his ex wife and kids bring him. He constantly claims to have moved on and yet a week never goes by without some hint or insinuation about KP. He should be ashamed.

Living off his ex? Some people really over-estimate Mrs Reid don't they? What has she got? What can she do? I'd say it was the other way around. I saw the Graham Norton interview they did at the end of their marriage where she wouldn't let Pete get a word in edgeways, its really obvious she thought she was the star. She wasn't. Most people watched it for the banter, they liked Pete from the jungle. There's a reason most people sided with Pete when they split, and it is nothing to do with the press bias.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    Wrong...he turned KP from a chrysalis into a butterfly (don't you know)! :rolleyes: :D

Which was a swipe at him, cocooned in the house, chained to the sink & the children when she was with him (:rolleyes:) then a beautiful butterfly when he'd kicked her to the curb. Cos now she's got a real man who works once a year and is well successful eh? :D
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three in a year??? Really?? Cos that would be a bit of a blow to the idea that this is a quality album if he is churning them out like that.

My point also, if he cared about the quality of his material for an album then he shoudnt be churning them out so quickly! Shouldnt his fans receive something of a higher quality, would it not make more sense to establish yourself as a credible artist by taking time on the quality of your product? Or is it more about keeping his face out there ;)

I know the answer to that really, him carrying on (or trying to) when he had a cold, says to me it isnt about the end product (the quality), as Im sure his fans deserve a decent album that hes given his all to (ie time) than something thats just been rushed and not up to the best of his ability to meet a dead line?

Christina Aguilera takes 4 years to produce an album but their always A* quality (excusing Bionic that was thrown out like PA work) :D:D:D
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    Living off his ex? Some people really over-estimate Mrs Reid don't they? What has she got? What can she do? I'd say it was the other way around. I saw the Graham Norton interview they did at the end of their marriage where she wouldn't let Pete get a word in edgeways, its really obvious she thought she was the star. She wasn't. Most people watched it for the banter, they liked Pete from the jungle. There's a reason most people sided with Pete when they split, and it is nothing to do with the press bias.

But the showbiz world isnt about how likable a person is. Yes petes a nicer person, but Jordan will last longer. She has that appeal that people want to watch the show, people are becoming 'Bored' of PA.KP will make it (longterm) on her own without Pete. So in terms of future sucess then yes KP has more to offer, and Petes times ticking. And as were/will start to see he'll begin to mention her much more ;) She does keep him relevent in the press and the next year or so will highlight this im afraid. (imo) The effects of the divorce/split are starting to wear off, and his sucess is suffering due to this, surely that highlights what appeal he has? And that wont always last, as were begining to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not disagree more, artists who sell millions of records are usually credible with talent, and can actually sing, and are original, nothing about PA is original, it is at best copycat MJ/GM, in other words a wannabe.

Serious artists who produce consistent and good material can and do command longevity. He had a stab at this before and flunked out, and IMO second stab will be no different, he simply is not talented or credible enough.

I said it before, I'll say it again, cruise ships or holiday camps, really I only see him appearing in those types of places if he really insists his music is heard.

I agree. He is a copy cat, and comically proud of it too!
    Whats his catch phrase "everyone takes from the best" Erh tell that to Lady Gaga and other original musicians PA. His obsession with MJ is embarrassing and he forces it too much on his fans, his concerts are like going to an MJ tribute act. :sleep: Longevity is about adapting too, look at Kylie and Madonna. PA sound is stuck in 90s RnB. Its not a current sound at all, its too dated and if it was released in the states i can only imagen what Neyo, Usher, Drake, Jason Derulo would think of it.

Cruise ships/holiday camps? Well its a step up from ASDA! :p
    Lou17 wrote: »
    My point also, if he cared about the quality of his material for an album then he shoudnt be churning them out so quickly! Shouldnt his fans receive something of a higher quality, would it not make more sense to establish yourself as a credible artist by taking time on the quality of your product? Or is it more about keeping his face out there ;)

I know the answer to that really, him carrying on (or trying to) when he had a cold, says to me it isnt about the end product (the quality), as Im sure his fans deserve a decent album that hes given his all to (ie time) than something thats just been rushed and not up to the best of his ability to meet a dead line?

Christina Aguilera takes 4 years to produce an album but their always A* quality (excusing Bionic that was thrown out like PA work) :D:D:D

I agree, partly. He does churn albums out too fast. All because he's trying to cash in on his current popularity. He knows the GBP are fickle. And its only a matter time before, like other reality stars before him, he'll be yesterdays chip paper. But i feel he struggles with the quality of his material because he isnt talented enough. Lady Gaga for example, can write songs and release them to wide attention/sales and acclaim. He cant. All the "music" thing is currently doing is giving him a little more time in the spotlight. Id be suprised if he was still releasing albums around this time next year, giving this "success" of this attempt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the showbiz world isnt about how likable a person is. Yes petes a nicer person, but Jordan will last longer. She has that appeal that people want to watch the show, people are becoming 'Bored' of PA.KP will make it (longterm) on her own without Pete. So in terms of future sucess then yes KP has more to offer, and Petes times ticking. And as were/will start to see he'll begin to mention her much more ;) She does keep him relevent in the press and the next year or so will highlight this im afraid. (imo) The effects of the divorce/split are starting to wear off, and his sucess is suffering due to this, surely that highlights what appeal he has? And that wont always last, as were begining to see.

Success in the showbiz world is everything to do with whether the person is likeable. Pete will continue to get work. He is a decent presenter and he has contacts. Katie can't present or act. What does she really have to offer now? How is her life interesting now that she's 'happily married' ? She is on her way out in my opinion.
    The only reason KP is still even mentioned is the journalists seem to be obsessed with her. The majority of normal people couldn't give a toss.
  • Options
    Forum Member

He tops the multichannels every week on a fiercely competitive TV night. BARB figures show that he's been getting audiences of 900,000+ on the first outing for his show on Wednesdays, and no doubt a good audience on the other nights it's shown too.

I don't think there's any danger of his reality show being canned anytime soon. :)

Jordan, on the other hand, has now moved to the little watched Living channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...On and in response to an above post....Conehead never paid for the WHOLE album. Andre contributed to some of the costs. He said so himself on This Morning a couple of weeks ago. Something along the lines of "Ive spend quite alot of my money to get this right" Philip Schofield even commented on money coming from Andre's other projects allowing him to do it. ........

I've watched the interview again, and he didn't say that.
    I agree. He is a copy cat, and comically proud of it too!
    Whats his catch phrase "everyone takes from the best" Erh tell that to Lady Gaga and other original musicians PA. His obsession with MJ is embarrassing and he forces it too much on his fans, his concerts are like going to an MJ tribute act. :sleep: Longevity is about adapting too, look at Kylie and Madonna. PA sound is stuck in 90s RnB. Its not a current sound at all, its too dated and if it was released in the states i can only imagen what Neyo, Usher, Drake, Jason Derulo would think of it.

Cruise ships/holiday camps? Well its a step up from ASDA! :p

I agree, partly. He does churn albums out too fast. All because he's trying to cash in on his current popularity. He knows the GBP are fickle. And its only a matter time before, like other reality stars before him, he'll be yesterdays chip paper. But i feel he struggles with the quality of his material because he isnt talented enough. Lady Gaga for example, can write songs and release them to wide attention/sales and acclaim. He cant. All the "music" thing is currently doing is giving him a little more time in the spotlight. Id be suprised if he was still releasing albums around this time next year, giving this "success" of this attempt.

Or, to summarise, someone who's not a fan and doesn't like him is extremely critical. :rolleyes:

His third Top 10 album in less than a year is the best yet so, as an actual fan, I hope he keeps on turning them out. :)