Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I do hope you have your facts right because that is an awful thing to say if it isn't true.
    If there were Emmerdale actors at the hospital, perhaps it was to do with the filming of the fire and they were visiting the "casualties"!

It;s only an awful thing if i'm making it all up or something which i'm not, i'm just reporting what appears to be the case from the twitter of some of the cast and crew last night. Several things were said about them being devestated about Gavin and how they couldn't believe it.

This is Peter Kerrys twitter who's been most revealing about whats happened http://twitter.com/#!/Llewscribe

Regarding the actors at the hospital, i did say i don't know if it was related to this.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers please peeps.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    It;s only an awful thing if i'm making it all up or something which i'm not, i'm just reporting what appears to be the case from the twitter of some of the cast and crew last night. Several things were said about them being devestated about Gavin and how they couldn't believe it.

This is Peter Kerrys twitter who's been most revealing about whats happened http://twitter.com/#!/Llewscribe

Regarding the actors at the hospital, i did say i don't know if it was related to this.

There was also Danny Miller who said it had been an "awful Night"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why Derek has suddenly appeared at the factory. Is he going to have an affair with Lisa:eek:, they seem to be getting very close.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Is this true, he was in Corrie all those years agao?

It is true. Tray was also one of the Policemen who investigated the murder of Vic Windsor;)
  • Options
    Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    It is true. Tray was also one of the Policemen who investigated the murder of Vic Windsor;)

You're getting confused there I'm afraid. Tray was already vicaring by the time Vic died.

However, he was part of the armed response team in 1994 when Reg Dawson held up his former wife Mrs Vivien Windsor and Tanks wife Shirley Turner - as seen on "The Best of Emmerdale" DVD (please buy to support potential of future releases).
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »

Thanks for bringing the info andy.
    I think most of us know by now, of course, but if anyone doesn't, it is fitting to have the information here in this long running Emmerdale thread.

He was 41, and had been in hospital for a few weeks. Steve November has been standing in for him at the Emmerdale studios.
    I have a friend who works backstage on the show, and all the cast and crew knew how ill he was and what the illness was, but for obvious reasons the public were not informed.

RIP Gavin.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    boondocks wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Derek has suddenly appeared at the factory. Is he going to have an affair with Lisa:eek:, they seem to be getting very close.

oh god i hope not, that will be unwatchable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    You're getting confused there I'm afraid. Tray was already vicaring by the time Vic died.

However, he was part of the armed response team in 1994 when Reg Dawson held up his former wife Mrs Vivien Windsor and Tanks wife Shirley Turner - as seen on "The Best of Emmerdale" DVD (please buy to support potential of future releases).

Ooops I concede all that.:o I assumed that it was the raid where Vic was killed when I read it on the actors profile:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Special of Family Fortunes from 1993, the Emmerdale Farmers compete against a real farming family. Some funny answers from Richard Thorp & the much missed Stan Richards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGlUmYdEO3A&feature=related
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Regarding Nathan, I can't understand why he wasn't done for perjury....surely you're automatically prosecuted for it, as perjury7 is looked on as very serious??:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    angiebroch wrote: »
    Regarding Nathan, I can't understand why he wasn't done for perjury....surely you're automatically prosecuted for it, as perjury7 is looked on as very serious??:confused:

Very very few people are prosecuted for perjury. In theory, most people who give evidence on their own behalf and are found guilty have committed perjury.
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angiebroch wrote: »
    SULLA wrote: »
    Very very few people are prosecuted for perjury. In theory, most people who give evidence on their own behalf and are found guilty have committed perjury.

What SULLA says is correct. In this case Nathan's main crime was actually perverting the course of justice by trying to frame Ryan. Natasha in her confession took the blame for this.

Ryan chose not to take Nathan's taped confession to the police for them to investigate rather using the financial punishment and abandonment by Maisie and Will as punishment. So as far as the police are concerned there is no case to answer.
  • Options
    pudseymrcvspudseymrcvs Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Special of Family Fortunes from 1993, the Emmerdale Farmers compete against a real farming family. Some funny answers from Richard Thorp & the much missed Stan Richards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGlUmYdEO3A&feature=related

This years is Emmerdale vs This Morning. I don't know who from Emmerdale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh god i hope not, that will be unwatchable

I agree thats not something I want to see over the Festive Season !
  • Options
    pudseymrcvspudseymrcvs Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would. I think it would be quite funny, and it would never come to anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Ryan chose not to take Nathan's taped confession to the police for them to investigate rather using the financial punishment and abandonment by Maisie and Will as punishment. So as far as the police are concerned there is no case to answer.

i was desperate for nathan to get done and end up in prison...but the ending he got was soooo much better!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    i was desperate for nathan to get done and end up in prison...but the ending he got was soooo much better!!

The poor soul has probably frozen to death by now.
    He only had that thin jacket on.
    At least in prison he would have been warm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Perhaps I might be the only one to stick their head over the Parapet, but is/was Nathan really any "nastier" than his enemies (especially Cain)?

Also, I can't stand Declan - especially the way he treated Nathan at the "final departure" - why was he so nasty towards him, when he (Nathan) wasn't that much of an enemy?

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned Declan might be the next Matthew King - I disagree - Matthew was in the "J.R. (Dallas)" league of Baddies - Declan is nothing but a petty pretender.

Rebuttals welcomed - no flames please, we are mostly all adults here :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Ryan & Declan. I don't understand how they live with themselves for breaking up already fragile family.

Ryan I can understand - for all he knew, he would be doing Life in prison - perhaps all that time on Remand made him slightly loopy, and so he didn't realise he was hurting Will and Maisie by exposing Nathan's lies?

Agreed on Declan - no reason for him (apart from financial) to get involved as much as he did.

And I hope Cain gets what's coming to him!!! A far nastier peice of work than Nathan ever has been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If anyone deserves punishment its Carl.

At least with Cain and Nathan you knew they were nasty.
    Carl pretends to be nice.
    Which is far far worse.

If I could reach him, I'd slap him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If anyone deserves punishment its Carl..

A Carl hater...guessing you're female then?

If I had a choice between Suzanne Shaw and Chas, I'd do what Carl did too - I like 'em Buxom :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makara wrote: »
    A Carl hater...guessing you're female then?

If I had a choice between Suzanne Shaw and Chas, I'd do what Carl did too - I like 'em Buxom :-)

But Chas is buxom, too.
    Except hers aren't real. :D

I hate no one.
    But Carl is sneakier in his evilness and should not go unpunished.
    [I know evilness isn't a word, but I don't care.]
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Chas is buxom, too.
    Except hers aren't real. :D

[I know evilness isn't a word, but I don't care.]

According to Chambers English Dictionary, evilness means "the state of being evil: wickedness".

Which just about sums up Carl perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.