Options

The Walking Dead (UK Pace) NO SPOILERS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    jayceegee wrote: »
    Anyhow, still enjoying it. And I was surprised that the handless hick brother hasn't stumbled back into the fray yet. Can't wait for that to happen in the expectation that all hell will break loose. Oh, and btw, I'm getting to really like his brother, he's just about the best character in it at the moment. Am I supposed to like him? Weird or what?!:D

Hopefully they don't have him come back as something cheesy like a zombie warlord or something like that. Being a comic him learning how to control a zombie army isn't that far of a stretch storywise, it would just make terrible tv
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyhow, still enjoying it. And I was surprised that the handless hick brother hasn't stumbled back into the fray yet. Can't wait for that to happen in the expectation that all hell will break loose. Oh, and btw, I'm getting to really like his brother, he's just about the best character in it at the moment. Am I supposed to like him? Weird or what?!:D

I'm liking the Dixon brothers too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when he - eventually - OPENS the wretched door, they just all STAND there.
    but not just stand there, they stood there all in poses.
    the frame before theyre all slouching and natural then all of a sudden its shoulders back, heads up, legs apart etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Ralph777 wrote: »
    the frame before theyre all slouching and natural then all of a sudden its shoulders back, heads up, legs apart etc

Yeah, I found that a bit wierd! Plus, for some reason i felt the need to give them all a kick on the arse to get them moving, coz i was sure there were zombies there a minute ago! :D
    I found timing in this week's episode a bit ponderous. I was constantly thinking "get on with it". For instance, the bit where one sister had to get rid of the other sister. Don't mean to be heartless but there was too much of a lengthy focus on it.

That dragged on for me, and then she waited WAAAY to long to kill the younger sister!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only watched Friday`s episode briefly but was a bit puzzled by Jim wanting to be left behind by the tree, as he had been bitten does that mean he`s going to become a zombie?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only watched Friday`s episode briefly but was a bit puzzled by Jim wanting to be left behind by the tree, as he had been bitten does that mean he`s going to become a zombie?

Yes it does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MickEden wrote: »
    Yes it does

Oh thanks, think I`d have chosen a bullet myself...:mad:

Bit confused about how you achieve zombie-status, but shan`t loose any sleep over it..:D Loving this programme
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member

Bit confused about how you achieve zombie-status, but shan`t loose any sleep over it..:D Loving this programme

Zombie bites kill you and then you come back to life as a zombie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Zombie bites kill you and then you come back to life as a zombie.

Sounds quite simple when you put it like that :D:D

I was just wondering about Jim being bitten, then deciding to be left behind presumably to die then be zombified, or to be eaten by any that found him, if he had started the zombie process and was shot dead would that be the end of him.no zombie come back.

Think I need to get out more...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds quite simple when you put it like that :D:D

I was just wondering about Jim being bitten, then deciding to be left behind presumably to die then be zombified, or to be eaten by any that found him, if he had started the zombie process and was shot dead would that be the end of him.no zombie come back.

Think I need to get out more...:D

I think the rule is that being shot in the head destroys a zombie or stops someone who has been biten by a zombie becoming one, which is why that woman shot her sister
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I think the rule is that being shot in the head destroys a zombie or stops someone who has been biten by a zombie becoming one, which is why that woman shot her sister

Yes that does seem to be the answer..poor Jim...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too.:(

This was another of those laboured points I was talking about earlier. I couldn't understand how, after all the umming and ahhing, he was left to die by a tree. Wasn't it like one of those so-called WW2 Jungle moments when the injured soldier gets left by a tree with a loaded gun?

Surely Jim should have preferred a clean bullet in the head to zombification?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ralph777 wrote: »

Yes, that was one of those "comic-book" moments. There are times when I can see the storyboard from a comic book/graphic novel in the shot.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Surely Jim should have preferred a clean bullet in the head to zombification?:eek:

In the US Pace thread, somebody who has read the comics said that the show just followed the comic in having Jim left alone to turn into a zombie, but in the comic, unlike in the TV show, Jim explains WHY he prefers to turn into a zombie rather than die: he thinks that as a zombie there is a chance he will be reunited with his presumably zombified family. Of course, that is quite ridiculous, which is no doubt why the TV show producers decided to not include that rationalization in the show.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that Jim did say he wanted to be left so that he could see his family again.

I may have to re-watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I'm sure that Jim did say he wanted to be left so that he could see his family again.

I don't remember that, but if he said that it could have meant that he wanted to be reunited with them in the afterlife. Dying people say things like that all the time.

Otherwise, think about it: Zombies don't seem to recognize familial bonds. They just have an instinct to eat fresh meat and no other rational or emotional motivation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    In the US Pace thread, somebody who has read the comics said that the show just followed the comic in having Jim left alone to turn into a zombie, but in the comic, unlike in the TV show, Jim explains WHY he prefers to turn into a zombie rather than die: he thinks that as a zombie there is a chance he will be reunited with his presumably zombified family. Of course, that is quite ridiculous, which is no doubt why the TV show producers decided to not include that rationalization in the show.

Thanks for the explanation.:)
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Since I find this series to be more about the characters than the zombies themselves, I found the episode very good. I'm not into action, action, action all the time. That's just mindless drivel. Just sayin'. :p

I completely agree. Also, it's better to have less zombie action because if it happens less it's more of a shock when it does happen. I find I am warming to the characters a lot more these last 2 episodes. Especially Rick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember that, but if he said that it could have meant that he wanted to be reunited with them in the afterlife. Dying people say things like that all the time.

Otherwise, think about it: Zombies don't seem to recognize familial bonds. They just have an instinct to eat fresh meat and no other rational or emotional motivation.

To be fair to Jim he's probably not thinking straight

1. He's been traumatised by what happened to his family
    2. He's been biten by a zombie and has a fever which I would imagine has caused havoc with his thought processes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    To be fair to Jim he's probably not thinking straight

1. He's been traumatised by what happened to his family
    2. He's been biten by a zombie and has a fever which I would imagine has caused havoc with his thought processes

Sure, but that just raises the question of why the others didn't at least try to persuade him to let them do the right thing and end his life before he turns into the very thing that ate his family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Me too.:(

This was another of those laboured points I was talking about earlier. I couldn't understand how, after all the umming and ahhing, he was left to die by a tree. Wasn't it like one of those so-called WW2 Jungle moments when the injured soldier gets left by a tree with a loaded gun?

Could they have afforded to leave a weapon or ammo behind though?
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member

Yea, I'm liking the brother too. He is good looking IMO and the most watchable character in there at the mo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I may have to re-watch it.

I have watched it again and he did say that he wanted to be with his family, Rick replied that they were all dead, so I suppose he wanted to die, but what a choice to be zombiefied. I suppose if you get bitten and turn into a zombie , there`s no point where you actually die...:confused:
    At the beginning of the episode he didn`t want them to know he`d been bitten, it was only one of the women noticing blood on his t-shirt that gave it away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suppose if you get bitten and turn into a zombie , there`s no point where you actually die...:confused:

No, the zombie bite causes death, but at some point after death the brain "restarts" -- but just enough so that body can move and act on certain primitive instincts. The "person" that used to exist inside the brain is gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, the zombie bite causes death, but at some point after death the brain "restarts" -- but just enough so that body can move and act on certain primitive instincts. The "person" that used to exist inside the brain is gone.

Yes I have been pondering and discussing zombiefication through the morning with the office staff. lovely Christmas chatter! and that was the conclusion we sort of came to, haven`t dared to venture onto the other (US) thread to see if that is, indeed the end of Jim. Have a song running through my head `I`m seriously worried about Jim` in the Hoosiers style..:D:D:D