oh FFS....

when's the last time you left your house/cell matey?!? :D

:D padded walls with internet access:D
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ddj wrote: »
    Let's give you a Frankie Boyle medal for defending his right to tell sick jokes about a learning disabled children and your right to laugh at sick jokes regardless of whose feelings they might hurt.

No one has the right to not have their feelings hurt.
  • Options
    ddjddj Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hypervisor wrote: »
    so its proven then??? what about the bible i dont remember the bible saying you'll go to hell for owning a personal id card:rolleyes:

It's not religious. Read up on the Jewish Holocaust. Have a look at the racist cartoons and jokes about the Jewish people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    No one has the right to not have their feelings hurt.

That's ridiculous! So no one has the right not to be killed, raped, attacked......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not religious. Read up on the Jewish Holocaust. Have a look at the racist cartoons and jokes about the Jewish people.
    Are you really stupid enough to compare FB to the Holocaust?
    ddj wrote:
    That's ridiculous! So no one has the right not to be killed, raped, attacked......
    Again you can't differentiate between WORDS and ACTIONS. This kind of explains the above quote...
  • Options
    hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

theres joke about everything and cartoons too match. whats your point?
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    O, so he keeps repeating the same 'jokes' does he. Are you saying he has been telling this 'joke' about Harvey for the past year. :eek:
    LOL people will pick on anything. You realize that standups performing nightly shows on a tour will be repeating the same jokes many times?
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Frankie Boyle was born, his mother should have kep the placenta and thrown the baby away. The placenta was obviously more intelligent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you really stupid enough to compare FB to the Holocaust?

Again you can't differentiate between WORDS and ACTIONS. This kind of explains the above quote...

They start off as words...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL people will pick on anything. You realize that standups performing nightly shows on a tour will be repeating the same jokes many times?

i think someone expects FB and others to do a completely diffenrent show every night.

The DVD is the same show i watched in northampton and its the same jookes that are on C4 for the past 2 weeks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Provide any evidence or data to back up the incredible claim that 'people who laugh at jokes escalate to violence'. Empircal evidence is welcomed.
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hypervisor wrote: »
    if you had any dealings with disabled people then you would no that they make fun of themselves more than any comedian

Have you met every disabled person then, which gives you the authority to state this as fact? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by ddj
    Seven steps to Hell
    Step 1 Teasing, name calling, jokes
    Step 2 Verbal bullying, harassment, abuse, graffiti
    Step 3 Physical bullying, bricks through windows
    Step 4 Organised discrimination, denial of rights, no voting
    Step 5 Separation, living apart, having to carry identity cards
    Step 6 Violence, street attacks, police do nothing, destruction of homes
    Step 7 Mass murder, organised killing, Genocide.
    oh FFS....

when's the last time you left your house/cell matey?!? :D

Think you need to do some reading. It'll help you understand the world and its past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    Have you met every disabled person then, which gives you the authority to state this as fact? :confused:

my wifes disabled, so dont go trying to make stuff up, i see alot of disabled people week in week out and there good people who love a laugh and a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by ddj
    Seven steps to Hell
    Step 1 Teasing, name calling, jokes
    Step 2 Verbal bullying, harassment, abuse, graffiti
    Step 3 Physical bullying, bricks through windows
    Step 4 Organised discrimination, denial of rights, no voting
    Step 5 Separation, living apart, having to carry identity cards
    Step 6 Violence, street attacks, police do nothing, destruction of homes
    Step 7 Mass murder, organised killing, Genocide.

Think you need to do some reading. It'll help you understand the world and its past.

please post a link to these amazing steps then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Understand the world? You think jokes = violence. I'm still waiting for the evidence by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Provide any evidence or data to back up the incredible claim that 'people who laugh at jokes escalate to violence'. Empircal evidence is welcomed.

Where in any of this thread have I said that people must not laugh at jokes? I'm arguing against jokes that make fun of learning disabled people. Their lives are hard enough as it is, they are already discriminated against and attacked, they don't need more nastiness added to their lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where in any of this thread have I said that people must not laugh at jokes? I'm arguing against jokes that make fun of learning disabled people. Their lives are hard enough as it is, they are already discriminated against, they don't need more nastiness addd to their lives.

still waiting for a link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where in any of this thread have I said that people must not laugh at jokes? I'm arguing against jokes that make fun of learning disabled people. Their lives are hard enough as it is, they are already discriminated against and attacked, they don't need more nastiness added to their lives.

What else does that phrase mean? You clearly implied people who laugh at jokes escalate to violent acts.
  • Options
    Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I never thought I'd side with Jordan :eek:

Frankie Boyle isn't funny in the slightest. He aims to shock, not to make people laugh. His comments about Harvey were sick.

Exactly. My son has special needs too. I cannot stand KP but I soo feel for her over this. That man is one sick bottomhole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    Exactly. My son has special needs too. I cannot stand KP but I soo feel for her over this. That man is one sick bottomhole.

i'm sorry to here about your son and you have your rights to feel sickened.

each to there own, some will laugh and some wont.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy comes in all shapes and sizes, and it has all sorts of purposes. Humour can penetrate the taboo, bring it into the open and make it easier to talk about. What the OP needs to understand is that the vulnerable aren't necessarily the 'butt' of the joke. Often the real butt is the people who actually do verbally abuse and/or assault the disabled.

It seems to me that FB's aim when he's in front of an audience is to hear that snigger, then that "ooooo.." - that murmur in the audience as people quickly self-search and decide whether they should laugh at this - followed by the laughter. When he's being plain crude, and IMO he does it well when considered with the likes of Roy C. Brown, he's making his audience question themselves, which I think is the overall point of comedy.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get is the fact he's been doing his tour for well over a year now with that same joke in his set - nobody complained. It was released on DVD at the beginning of November - Nobody complained. He broadcasts the joke on channel 4 and Jordan complains - Everybody becomes offended. Yet there were complaints about the Down Syndrome joke, complains about the Ian Huntly joke, so if people were so outraged by the joke why is it only now that there is such a fuss over it when he's been telling it for so long?

I dread to think of the uproar if he's included the Jade Goody cervical cancer jokes next week :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    What I don't get is the fact he's been doing his tour for well over a year now with that same joke in his set - nobody complained. It was released on DVD at the beginning of November - Nobody complained. He broadcasts the joke on channel 4 and Jordan complains - Everybody becomes offended. Yet there were complaints about the Down Syndrome joke, complains about the Ian Huntly joke, so if people were so outraged by the joke why is it only now that there is such a fuss over it when he's been telling it for so long?

I dread to think of the uproar if he's included the Jade Goody cervical cancer jokes next week :O

this is the point i tried to make but no one cares about the past year just about the past 48 hours
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I love this man!