Options

Is this case off limits too? The murder of the bride in South Africa. Anni Dewani

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »
    But put yourself in the Mr Dewani's shoes.

And if it turns out Mr Dewani did plot his wife's murder???

Thanks, but I'll wait till his version of events is thoroughly tested in a SA court of law, leading either to the judge exonerating Dewani from all charges or convicting him for murder. ;):)
  • Options
    IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    Did she refuse to sit with you as well? Because that is what has been claimed. (About Anni, not your ex!)
    I wish she had, but no.
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no, do try to pay attention, the adults are speaking OK ?

Probably because Asian females are considered as mere chattels by their husbands, brothers and Fathers, a possession to be killed, strangled, raped, burned, eviscerated and buried alive as they see fit.

What total utter claptrap. Thankfully, I've never met anyone with such a horrifically inaccurate view.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YingYang wrote: »
    And if it turns out Mr Dewani did plot his wife's murder???

Thanks, but I'll wait till his version of events is thoroughly tested in a SA court of law, leading either to the judge exonerating Dewani from all charges or convicting him for murder. ;):)

If he did plot her murder then hopefully this will be proven and he will go away for a long time. If he did not, he should be exonerated and free to go to live the rest of his life.
    Whatever happened, it does not take away our right to discuss it :)
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    Possible. My ex cried on the flight on the way home from our honeymoon in Jamaica for no other reason than that she hated flying. So she said!

I didn't kill her BTW.

Was she crying on the way there too? :D

......... come to that - did you? :p :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »
    If he did plot her murder then hopefully this will be proven and he will go away for a long time. If he did not, he should be exonerated and free to go to live the rest of his life.
    Whatever happened, it does not take away our right to discuss it :)

Yes, I agree with your closing point. The reported criminal activity and, legal developments of this case do seem to be both fascinating and appalling. I'm sure the outcome of Mr Dewani's court case will become another topic of discussion on Digital Spy. :)
  • Options
    PPIPPI Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    SA media really going into overdrive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It now appears that the Dewani's 'honeymoon' vacation in South Africa could not have been their honeymoon. This is because it's now being alleged that the couple's 'marriage ceremony', which took place in Mumbai (India), was never officially registered.

Furthermore, Mr Dewani's conduct, both before and after the 'wedding', is coming under increasing scrutiny from particular relatives and friends of Anni Dewani situated in India, Sweden and beyond.

Full report here www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335537/Bride-Anni-Dewani-murdered-South-African-honeymoon-officially-married.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

Yes, I've just seen the statement in question.

In an obvious reference to Mr Dewani, national police commissioner Bheki Cele reportedly said:

''One monkey came from London to kill his wife here. He thought we South Africans were stupid. Don't kill people here.''

I think Cele uses the word 'monkey' to describe Dewani because he believes that Dewani:

(a) orchestrated the murder of his bride Anni and;

(b) deliberately tried to 'make a monkey out of South Africa's police and judicial system' by covering up the murder with an elaborate fake carjacking and, returning to Britain shortly thereafter. Once back in Britain Mr Dewani would be outside the legal jurisdiction of South Africa.

So, essentially it looks as though Mr Cebe employed the term monkey to highlight what he regards as Mr Dewani's stupidity, imo.

Source: www.capetimes.co.za/?fSectionId=3531&fArticleId=1.999413&fFeed=region_42
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    No no, do try to pay attention, the adults are speaking OK ?

Probably because Asian females are considered as mere chattels by their husbands, brothers and Fathers, a possession to be killed, strangled, raped, burned, eviscerated and buried alive as they see fit.
    the only suitable response to this post that i can think of is.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This case is getting increasingly more bizarre.

According to the latests reports, SA investigators want to ask Mr Dewani if he is gay. The implication here, is that if it transpires that Mr Dewani is, in fact, gay the SA authorities may consider this (concealed sexuality issue) to be a motive for the murder.

Read on if you dare: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3269888/Cops-probing-murder-of-honeymoon-wife-to-ask-husband-Shrien-if-he-is-gay.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SA police chief calls the husband a monkey!

According to a report by IOL News SA, the Dewani 'monkey' slur may rock the case.

Quote:

''...national police commissioner General Bheki Cele, who is black, is understood to have used ''monkey'' to denote bad behaviour rather than a deliberate racial slur. But there were claims his words will fuel tensions between black South Africans and the country's large Asian community, which plays a key role in the nation's economy.''

''A friend of Dewani said the outburst showed there was ''little hope'' the 30-year-old.......would get a fair trial in South Africa.''

He said ''what chance has Shrien got of justice when the chief of police is calling him a monkey?''

www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/dewani-monkey-slur-rocks-case-1.999750
  • Options
    ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This case is getting increasingly more bizarre.

According to the latests reports, SA investigators want to ask Mr Dewani if he is gay. The implication here, is that if it transpires that Mr Dewani is, in fact, gay the SA authorities may consider this (concealed sexuality issue) to be a motive for the murder.

Read on if you dare: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3269888/Cops-probing-murder-of-honeymoon-wife-to-ask-husband-Shrien-if-he-is-gay.html

have you got a link to some other investigative journalism on this issue than the sun?
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Đirona wrote: »
    have you got a link to some other investigative journalism on this issue than the sun?

Plenty out there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i was talking about the particular issue ying yang brought up in the post i quoted not every ruddy issue on the case!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Đirona wrote: »

Hi Dirona, I've just done a quick google search and did find 2 other news outlet (News24, South Africa and Indian Express.com) reporting on this issue. However, they both make it very clear that the Sun is the source of their information.

The Sun may have secured an exclusive interview re: this issue. Sorry.

If you're interested here's a link to the News24, SA report. www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Shrien-Dewani-now-faces-gay-rumours-20101210

Link to Indian Express www.indianexpress.com/news/--I-m-not-secretly-gay----Anni-Dewani--s-husband/722977
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Dirona, I've just done a quick google search and did discover another news outlet (News24, South Africa) reporting on this issue. However, News24, South Africa, makes it very clear that the Sun is the source of their information. Sorry.

If you're interested here's a link to the News24, SA report. www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Shrien-Dewani-now-faces-gay-rumours-20101210

thanks ying yang, but again it's the sun!
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    According to a report by IOL News SA, the Dewani 'monkey' slur may rock the case.

Quote:

''...national police commissioner General Bheki Cele, who is black, is understood to have used ''monkey'' to denote bad behaviour rather than a deliberate racial slur. But there were claims his words will fuel tensions between black South Africans and the country's large Asian community, which plays a key role in the nation's economy.''

''A friend of Dewani said the outburst showed there was ''little hope'' the 30-year-old.......would get a fair trial in South Africa.''

He said ''what chance has Shrien got of justice when the chief of police is calling him a monkey?''

www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/dewani-monkey-slur-rocks-case-1.999750

I would have thought Shrien, if innocent, would prefer to have the opportunity to demonstrate this in the eyes of the world, rather than try to use this black police officer's use of slang as leverage to avoid appearing in court and clearing his name.
    I find it odd that people are so willing to take holidays in countries where they believe the justice system is corrupt. I wouldn't feel safe doing so, myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SA police lawyer has stated they have hotel CCTV footage of Dewani meeting the cab driver....... drumroll....

BEFORE and AFTER the murder.

Case closed, your honour ...?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think its quite obvious that if Mr Dewani is extradited to South Africa then he will be found guilty of conspiracy to murder, no matter what (if any) involvement he had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    High court decision on bail appeal expected this side of midday

Not a chance he will get bail now.
  • Options
    mrvervemrverve Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    tpk wrote: »
    Think its quite obvious that if Mr Dewani is extradited to South Africa then he will be found guilty of conspiracy to murder, no matter what (if any) involvement he had.

Exactly my opinion. The last thing he would want to do is go back to South Africa with their corrupt federel system.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PPI wrote: »
    SA police lawyer has stated they have hotel CCTV footage of Dewani meeting the cab driver....... drumroll....

BEFORE and AFTER the murder.

Case closed, your honour ...?

Yep. The "after the murder" footage (if true) would be pretty compelling evidence that he was complicit in her murder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there any sensible suggestion as to why he would be meeting the taxi driver who admitted to conspiring to kill his wife... before and after the murder?

surely is this is all on CCTV with packages of money exchanged, this is pretty much sealed for his fate.