Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a failure if your 'better half' can remember ;), ads usually have a specific target audience - Iceland being a case in point
    better still for the ad if people can remember what the product was, like there an ad with some can-can dancers in it, who CARES what they are advertizing, I just enjoy the legs and the stocking and the suspenders and the....... NURSE quick my medicine
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a failure if your 'better half' can remember ;), ads usually have a specific target audience - Iceland being a case in point

Oh, she can't remember the product either. But she remembers George Clooney, wrinkly grey-haired decrepit wreck of a man that he is...
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Glengavel wrote: »
    Oh, she can't remember the product either. But she remembers George Clooney, wrinkly grey-haired decrepit wreck of a man that he is...

I too, an grey haired and a wee bit wrinkly but somehow don't seem to have the same effect on women.......:confused:
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    better still for the ad if people can remember what the product was, like there an ad with some can-can dancers in it, who CARES what they are advertizing, I just enjoy the legs and the stocking and the suspenders and the....... NURSE quick my medicine

Yes, I find Jason Donovan's stockings and suspenders rather fetching too :D
  • Options
    ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I can't remember which store the ad was for but it was yet more sexist claptrap, this time advertising DVDs aimed at "him" and "her"...

According to the ad, girls will automatically favour Sex and the City 2 over Inception and vise versa for the blokes. As a girl who has Inception down as her favourite film of 2010 and possibly of all time, I feel more than a bit insulted at the implication that I'm only supposed to go for mindless fluff when it comes to what DVDs I want!

How do the advertisers get away with this shit? It's maddening.

This.

I've asked Santa for Inception and I have never seen Sex in the shitter in my life. Nor would I ever want to.

Most annoying is probably the irritating baby in the walker with the high pitched woman screaming about new rollerskates (wtf does that have to do with a baby whizzing round?) and besides, it should be combine harvester.

And another vote for Iceland and any of the Go Compare ads, all of which have me hitting pause until they are over.
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Coop Christmas ads.
    They were irritating enough last year, but to repeat the same ads with the same tune this year...
    Guuuuud With Fuuuuuuud:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    Guuuuud With Fuuuuuuud:eek::eek::eek:

agreed, don't mind a bit of accent, adds to the variety of luife etc etc, but do we have to have these broad accents like this one and the one Cheryl cole uses.
  • Options
    dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    and besides, it should be combine harvester.

Erm ... nope. :cool:
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by ellie1997 viewpost.gif
    dudius wrote: »
    Erm ... nope. :cool:
    unless you're a Wurzel :D
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freeview, with that bloke with the annoying accent yapping right the way through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VW Polo advert, appealing to the chav gangsta wannabe market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Freeview, with that bloke with the annoying accent yapping right the way through.

Pilkington rules :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Ask Ollie ones, the constant Ask Ollie and it sounds like they're sayings ArskScolly.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pilkington rules :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have you ever been Happyslapped by a Jellyfish ?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    Originally Posted by ellie1997 viewpost.gif

unless you're a Wurzel :D

The Wurzels version is much better known in this country I think, the rollerskates version was way back in 1971 and actually only got to number four in the charts, whilst the wurzels got it to number one.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Jane Horrocks seems to have disappeared why advertisers think she is a good for voiceovers is beyond me.
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    At least Jane Horrocks seems to have disappeared why advertisers think she is a good for voiceovers is beyond me.

Yeah she's being replaced by Stacey Solomon!
  • Options
    dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    The Wurzels version is much better known in this country I think, the rollerskates version was way back in 1971 and actually only got to number four in the charts, whilst the wurzels got it to number one.

That's like saying Kid Rock's "All summer long" is 'better known' than "Sweet Home Alabama" (or even "Werewolves of London"), as it got to number one.
    Nonsense. The original is the original. (Better-or-not is a debatable point), and anyone not aware of an original recording of a song should be enlightened tout-suite . :cool:
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland is hard to beat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's like saying Kid Rock's "All summer long" is 'better known' than "Sweet Home Alabama" (or even "Werewolves of London"), as it got to number one.
    Nonsense. The original is the original. (Better-or-not is a debatable point), and anyone not aware of an original recording of a song should be enlightened tout-suite . :cool:

Ah, "All Summer Long"! An outstanding example of how to take two classic songs, mash them up and produce a steaming great turd!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,699
    Forum Member

Whats Werewolves of London based on?
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Iceland is hard to beat.

My prayers go to the chap/ess who invented the PVR.

No one should have to sit through the ruddy annoying Iceland ads more than once!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To a younger generation the Kid Rock version is better known. It doesn't make it any better or worse, just more familiar with people of a certain age so usually their preferred version.

For my generation the Wurzels version is better known, so my preferred version.

Personal taste isn't it. Doesn't detract from the fact that the advert is awful anyway.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,699
    Forum Member
    The original rollerskates song was used in Jackass this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The original rollerskates song was used in Jackass this year.

Never seen it so wouldn't know.
This discussion has been closed.