Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shake 'n' bake advert is the WORST.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Clever of Sainsburys to pick 'All through the night' as the music given how often it's shown. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    At least Jane Horrocks seems to have disappeared why advertisers think she is a good for voiceovers is beyond me.
    what our Bubble, I think that she's lovely, is she still copying down the fax messages
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shake 'n' bake advert is the WORST.
    I prefer the old Shake n Vac ads, SHE was lovely, especialy in the short tight plastic hot-pants in "The Worm that turned" and ... ooh er nurse nurse my pills quick
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    don't know if it's been mentioned but one with a parcel company that comes to your house and gets it for you..shows a guy outside getting wet and rubber ducks everywhere and a guy inside who I thought was Rupert Everett looking at the parcel peeps online..no idea why it annoys me but it does
    also the john paul gaultier ad..the one where the girl gets up first and the guy left in the bed has a sniff at the pillow and looks like he's about the hump the bed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A thousand squawking 'Mums', they are vaguely nightmarish. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJXX wrote: »
    but they DO have lovely legs :D
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJXX wrote: »

Yes indeed. It makes me squirm every time I see it. It's so lame, it's like it was thought up in a hurry by a group of early-twenties media-studies graduates. It really is sooo bad.

Change of tack. I know I've mentioned this before, but there's recently been a spate of ads featuring sappy, childish songs sung by horrid, baby-voiced singers. There's another one turned up recently for SKY MOVIES HD. The voice is truly cringe-worthy.
  • Options
    johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Homebase one, the whistling does my head in and Go Compare does my head in!

If I had it my way, I'd ban both of them!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    EU regulation 532471A8765, male parents may not be within 20 metres of their off-spring until it is time for the off-spring to be married, and then only at the stag-party if male or to accompany them at the wedding if female, after which they may only speak to them on the tele-phone long enough to say "I'll get your mum"

From me 20 metres is too close, FAR to close, I only know what my daughter looks like from photos and she's 39 now

actualy I found great way to bring up kids, saw it in an ad "Just £15 a month will bring up a child in Africa", so I signed up and sent my daughter to Africa, problem solved
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Seriously Hate those iceland one!:mad::mad::mad:

When i watch Christmas 24 there on about 4 time each Advert Break! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Andrex one. Why have they gone for what looks like the cheapest animated dogs rather than the usual little Labrador puppies?
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    The new Andrex one. Why have they gone for what looks like the cheapest animated dogs rather than the usual little Labrador puppies?

They did it so they could make the pup do things that would take ages to train him for. It's cost-cutting.
    But as you say, the dogs do look cheap. Sort of creepy too - they have horrible dead eyes that don't seem to be looking at anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actualy I found great way to bring up kids, saw it in an ad "Just £15 a month will bring up a child in Africa", so I signed up and sent my daughter to Africa, problem solved

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    sonofdavidsonofdavid Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    EdwardK9 wrote: »
    Clever of Sainsburys to pick 'All through the night' as the music given how often it's shown. :rolleyes:
    I agree, this was shown far too early and is now beginning to grate. Obviously all Christmas ads are made well before the festive season, but this one, showing the artificial snow etc, just doesn't work.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dudius wrote: »
    That's like saying Kid Rock's "All summer long" is 'better known' than "Sweet Home Alabama" (or even "Werewolves of London"), as it got to number one.
    Nonsense.

But it is, as Kid Rock's song was the one out recently. When did Alabama and Werewolves come out? decades ago. To a huge chunk of the population, his song based off them is much better known.
  • Options
    dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    frost wrote: »
    But it is, as Kid Rock's song was the one out recently. When did Alabama and Werewolves come out? decades ago. To a huge chunk of the population, his song based off them is much better known.

"Huge chunk" unfortunately means all of the people that don't actually buy records (oops ... age showing) anymore. It only takes a few (tens of) thousand sales to get to number one now, and radio play does reach a further audience, but more well known?

I think not. Kid Rock will be forgotten within a few years. Lynyrd Skynyrd won't be.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bradley from Eastenders promoting Orange's offer of money when topping up your mobile, with an irritating amount of "Kerching!".
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Bradley from Eastenders promoting Orange's offer of money when topping up your mobile, with an irritating amount of "Kerching!".

What about Steeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

Bump for gillette: because winter hates your FACEEEE!!!!
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    Someones living the dream!! :)
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^^This^^

Well done Istvan.

A genuine tea over the key board moment...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Go Compare adverts. We get it. Now just PI** OFF!

Halifax: ISA ISA Baby. Could the manufacturers of television remotes include a button which, when pushed, causes all of the characters in this advert simply to explode?

Direct Line. Don’t we get enough of Stephen Fry on every other programme?

Are you so thick that you fell off a ladder or tripped over a box? Are you retarded? Then call Injury Lawyers for Fkwits.

All Boots adverts.

The Envirophone advert and particularly the bloated chav shouting ‘Some Wonga!’

Hellman’s Mayonnaise using ‘real’ ingredients. And I thought they used lollipop juice and badger dreams. What was I thinking?

Safestyle UK. ‘You buy one, you get one free. I said you buy one, you get one free!’ Really? I say: come near me and try to sell me some windows and I’ll rip your ****ing sweaty head off and shove a conservatory down your neck, you pig-eyed twit.

The ‘Jackpot Joy’ advert – more than anything because of Barbara Windor’s ridiculous cackling as if she’s a witch who’s just swallowed.

‘You didn’t expect Everest to be doing that today, did you?’ Of course I bloody didn’t. I had something more interesting to do than worry about what goes into a double glazed window.

I could easily continue this but I’m now going to go and pull my own head off with the first pair of pliers I can find.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Coca Cola ad for this year. Can't they just keep the original "Holidays Are Coming" version instead of changing it all the time? They must know that people prefer that version.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I hate the Coca Cola ad for this year. Can't they just keep the original "Holidays Are Coming" version instead of changing it all the time? They must know that people prefer that version.

Thats what I think too. The new version sucks :(
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the Iceland ads have been mentioned on here before, but yesterday, I was watching the Crime Channel.

In the advert break, they had 4, yes FOUR, Iceland ads back to back.

Drove me nuts. Had to mute the tv!
This discussion has been closed.