Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

Comments

• Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onway wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to say that the judges engineered the win...Kara is a beautiful dancer and has looked like a pro in many of her dances.I think she is a very deserving winner.

I agree, the judges votes did not count tonight.
    Look at the comments they made to Ann and she overstayed her welcome. The public do not take much notice of the judges comments. Kara is a worthy winner.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay okay I said in that Poll that I wasn't going to vote, but I did, 6 times for Matt.
    Yeahh I gave in, but he's amazing :(

Well done Kara :)
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Not in London in the snow they won't . They'll be lucky to see a doctor in NHS hospital by 8am.

But I presume, being serious, that they'll call someone out to her, but I guess with painkillers and booze after winning she won't be feeling much pain. ;)

I'm sure Kara will be rushed to a private hospital :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't see it myself.

The judges engineered that win with their comments. Kara's performances were riddled with errors tonight and she was trailing Matt hugely going into the last two dances but they didn't want Matt to win as he's not going to be on the tour, despite still being billed in the adverts.

Is this from the same source as usual?
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Matt have an unfair advantage going first and therefore had more time for people to vote for him during his dances after voting had started, both times?

Hasn't this happened before with a BBC employee in the final?

It's widely held that last is the pimp spot because subconsciously people are waiting for the best last and so sometimes don't pick up until everyone has danced and if you're last you're the most memorable. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Not in London in the snow they won't . They'll be lucky to see a doctor in NHS hospital by 8am.

But I presume, being serious, that they'll call someone out to her, but I guess with painkillers and booze after winning she won't be feeling much pain. ;)

What happened to her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Look at the comments they made to Ann and she overstayed her welcome. The public do not take much notice of the judges comments. Kara is a worthy winner.

I think the judges votes may have made a big difference to who would have made the final 2. ;)
  • Options
    Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diyqueen wrote: »
    Who the hell are you to say that

How do you know what she feels or doesn't feel

Wow! I was joking! God, some people take things too personally! Of course she likes him, but it seems that Artem is more infatuated by her than she is in him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to her?

She hurt her arm in her showdance and seemed to be in a lot of pain. Some have been speculating she may have broken her wrist, her hand was a really horrible purple for a while there. ;)
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am sad this series is over
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Best series of Strictly ever. Really enjoyed this series.

It's not my favourite series ever, but it's certainly been the best series since series 5. 6 & 7 really dragged it down. This series really pulled it back, IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People like to say they don't take any notice but when it's done subtly enough it has the desired effect.

I can't think of another time when a finalist has been criticised as Matt has tonight and bearing in mind the finals of these shows get a lot of new viewers who often make all the difference to the result, they have little else to go on.
  • Options
    giraffe77giraffe77 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    i wish Claudia was doing ITT right after the show....BBC missed a trick there:mad:

I think that every year....the last one is always before the final, so the winners and runners-up don't get interviews, and the audience don't get to see any of the behind the scenes stuff, which I love! :)

Would also like to find out about Kara's arm - my goodness, it looked painful!! :(
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'm glad some fans are actually showing some fairness and being kind to both couples. To those who are still slagging things off - it's just a shame.

agreed but can we still slag the judges off? they were a disgrace :mad:
  • Options
    YadillohYadilloh Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    i wish Claudia was doing ITT right after the show....BBC missed a trick there:mad:
    Absolutely. It was good result, the one I wanted, but I want to know about Kara's arm, if that effected the waltz and AS, how all the finalists are feeling, what the judges think,everything Claudia would think of & i didn't know I wanted to know & what do we get? Zilch. Like every other year I'm falling off a cliff. It'll take me months to get over this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to her?

Fredster, up in the Tessanine after the Waltz, Kara mentioned that her right arm "wouldn't straighten" after injury in the showdance but then Artem nudged her and she talked about something else.

Here's from tonght's Daily Mail - if you can take that as oracle - not arm injury but wrist - :
    "Kara's win was all the more impressive considering she had been battling a wrist injury following a back flip during her show dance.
    The actress was seen backstage after the performance struggling not to cry while holding an ice pack to

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339890/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2010-final-Kara-Tointon-crowned-winner-wowing-judges-performances.html#ixzz18VN9fgUr
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    ibeca wrote: »
    Is this from the same source as usual?

He said on ITT that he is going to be on the tour ....
  • Options
    giraffe77giraffe77 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Aeryn wrote: »
    In her bed probably. LMAO

Doubt it - they'll be in A&E I reckon!
    (don't think it would be the first time anyway....her dad on ITT said 'when they get home' when talking about them a few weeks ago!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but they didn't want Matt to win as he's not going to be on the tour, despite still being billed in the adverts.

That'll be news to him as well - he confirmed yesterday that he was still doing the tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    People like to say they don't take any notice but when it's done subtly enough it has the desired effect.

I can't think of another time when a finalist has been criticised as Matt has tonight and bearing in mind the finals of these shows get a lot of new viewers who often make all the difference to the result, they have little else to go on.

I said the same thing to my OH. "that the judges comments to matt were pretty bad for a final".
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason DS won't let me multi-quote.

To the FMs who said spiteful stuff about Kara not liking Artem and insinuated that her arm wasn't really hurt - you should be ashamed of yourselves. Talk about sour grapes.

I don't claim to be privy to the ins and outs ouf Kara and Artem's relationship, I doubt the poster who made that comment has any more idea than I do.

It looked fairly obvious that something was wrong with her right arm by the way she was holding it through her final two dances. It also looked swollen by the end of the programme.

Everyone on the programme has been really gracious whether they won or came second and third - it would be great it we could all follow their example.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not my favourite series ever, but it's certainly been the best series since series 5. 6 & 7 really dragged it down. This series really pulled it back, IMO.

I'd go along with that this year was a real return to form.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'm glad some fans are actually showing some fairness and being kind to both couples. To those who are still slagging things off - it's just a shame.

Hear hear!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    giraffe77 wrote: »
    Doubt it - they'll be in A&E I reckon!
    (don't think it would be the first time anyway....her dad on ITT said 'when they get home' when talking about them a few weeks ago!)

Yeah but Kara does live in her parents living room so it might be a little awkward
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am sad this series is over

Me too, god knows what i'm going to do of a Saturday night now! :cry:

Oh well, Dancing On Ice starts on the 9th Jan! :D:D