Options

Radio 1 official!! MATT IS NUMBER ONE!!

Comments

• Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I don't like the song, so I obviously didn't buy it, but I'm sort of happy for Matt, as it's a slap in the face for all those "Look at me! Look how edgy I am! I like obscure rock music which nobody else knows about! You're so stupid, you don't really like the music you listen to, you're brainwashed by a man on the TV to buy songs!" people, although, in a way, it is sort of proving their point, as the song isn't very good, although it is better than the original.

I guess it's all down to opinion, but I think those anti-chart music people should learn to respect other people's opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    XS_Torox wrote: »
    will he make it number 1 for a 2nd consecutive week? opinions....

I'm almost 100% sure he will. However, Rihanna/Drake and Katy B/Ms Dynamite might overtake him on iTunes during the week, but Matt's physicals are still selling bucket-loads, so he'll win overall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »
    Well Done Matt, look forward to seeing you in the local pub in a years time.

Here's to another year of wannabes covering someone else's songs.

Get a life, really pathetic !!
  • Options
    Magic8BallMagic8Ball Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's this Christmas TOTALLY RUINED. I hope Simon Cowell is pleased with himself.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was always going to happen once everyone and their mother tried to start a campaign to get something to number one.

If everyone had gotten behind one single song, it probably would have worked again.

Still, I have no real objection here because it's a good song - personally, I prefer the original but it's still a good song whoever sings it.

But I do think that if he's given a chance and he's not saddled with westlife power ballads then he could actually become quite a decent artist.
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was always going to happen once everyone and their mother tried to start a campaign to get something to number one.

If everyone had gotten behind one single song, it probably would have worked again.

Still, I have no real objection here because it's a good song - personally, I prefer the original but it's still a good song whoever sings it.

But I do think that if he's given a chance and he's not saddled with westlife power ballads then he could actually become quite a decent artist.

This is such a cliche, can you tell me which X factor winner was 'saddled with Westlife power ballads' ?
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    XS_Torox wrote: »
    yaayyy x factor did ittt :D

I know its great they x factor did itl;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    Never really got Matt that much but I felt so sad that people were dissing him that I feel happy the saboteurs did not get their way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magic8Ball wrote: »
    Well that's this Christmas TOTALLY RUINED. I hope Simon Cowell is pleased with himself.

I am pleased and hope many more ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never really got Matt that much but I felt so sad that people were dissing him that I feel happy the saboteurs did not get their way.

I think your right they just did not realise by doing ...;)
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malchick wrote: »
    Happy mainly as it shows being a self-righteous prick on facebook doesn't mean you have a good taste in music.

Whilst being a self righteous prick on X Factor (SC) does? :confused:

Congrats to Matt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is such a cliche, can you tell me which X factor winner was 'saddled with Westlife power ballads' ?

You misunderstand me - i'm not talking about x factor winners in particular. I'm talking more generally. If he's given some room to move and to be himself, rather than the artist cowell probably thinks he should be then he could do well.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song at #66 in this week's chart is, er, interesting.....................:D

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/singles-chart/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »

:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    colnechris wrote: »
    Well done matt. It was fun and at least people know that the bird...

IS INDEED THE WORD.

ps, Havnt you heard?

yes... a big turkey for Christmas dinner, yum :p
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this is a celebration of Z-celebrity culture.I'm so proud to be British :o
    Why can't the UK produce something that the music world appreciates anymore :( (apart from the odd 15 minutes).
  • Options
    willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's shit, i would have preffered the teletubbies at number one.

Bless..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member

:eek: What would they have done if it went top 40?

Apparently the song is about Nick Clegg (and no, I'm not joking).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Reminds me of this .. which is actually quite catchy in a weird sort of way :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HDDWpzpojA
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hahahaha I'm actually shocked, stunned and in a laughing fit now everytime I think of that title!! Thanks for pointing it out :D

I just wish it had made Top 40 so it could have been played/announced on the chart show lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if the song at #66 is a ballad ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Thats his career over.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OH MY! :eek:
    :D

If that goes on the Top 40, can you imagine? :D
  • Options
    SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually more surprised by The Beatles Let it be below it, it's impressive that there still selling so well in this day and age. :)
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How depressing:( A win for formulaic, non-original and non - creative tut!

Those who bought this rubbish...feel ashamed. :mad: