Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 111)

Comments

• Options
    curlyhairrockscurlyhairrocks Posts: 10,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the surrogacy/adoption storyline if it happens....even if I'm the only one :o

I think it'll be a good storyline and open up lots of different avenues to explore :)

Plus, it'll lead to lots of screentime and Chryed actually having a storyline of their own rather than being involved in other people's stories, which can only be a good thing IMO :)

Of course there are still so many other issues to explore but I think these will be looked at over the course of the year :)

I think we're going to have some good Chryed stuff coming up :)

I'm with you Laura, I'm looking forward to it, we can't get everything we want and at the end of the day EE is a soap.
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 9 hours time, we'll be about to see Christian kiss the Piper..... :eek:

Ugh :(

Can it be NYD already please!

I want the ep to be over and out the way now too :( I will have LOTS of hugs on standby for everyone after the ep...piper:(....baby storyline:cry:...going to be so hard to watch :(
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you Laura, I'm looking forward to it, we can't get everything we want and at the end of the day EE is a soap.

We were always going to get either a big affair story or a baby...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    who me? wrote: »
    I don't have your faith that the intersting issues will get explored since they haven't so far and they've chosen to do this before they do. I doi hope they have a big rethink and decide to wait and then maybe baby Amira turns up?

Yes, at the end of the day, we don't know exactly how this story is going to pan out.....just because they're talking about starting a family doesn't mean that it's actually going to happen! It could just be that - talking. And then they might realise it's too soon. It's pretty obvious anyway that Syed's not at all keen on the idea, even though he does change his mind! I'd imagine that he'd be even less keen on the idea if Roxy's going to be involved! :eek:

I'm just going to embrace the screentime and wait and see what happens cos I really don't have a clue where this is all going to lead.......I'm excited to find out though! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    Morning (just).

Have just seen the new spoikler - thanks Ooh I say.

Ignoring the fact that it's clearly too early for them to be thinking of starting a family, a surrogacy s/l could be really interesting.

Why is Poxy making such a generous offer? Yes, her motives may be pure, however it wouldn't surprise me if, on some level, she sees this as a way of staking her claim now and forever on Christian. She's been so jealous of Syed ever since he and C got together, this would be a perfect way to ensure she remains all-important and is giving C something Syed can't. Would she really go to such extremes, though - especially given that she's been shown to have such reservations about Syed's character? A baby's for life, Poxy, not just for next Christmas.

Possible issues/ reasons why this could be great if done right:

1. Poxy/ Ronnie: how would Ronnie cope, seeing her sister carrying a child so soon after she has lost her own baby? Would Poxy really be so insensitive as to proceed once she finds out the truth about baby James?

2. Will Syed really want to have Poxy as the surrogate? Admittedly, there aren't too many other options on the Square and EE law states that they won't be able to look further afield, but still. If he agrees to it (having a baby at all, never mind with Poxy), it'll be testament to the strength of his love for Christian...or an indication of the lengths he'll go to in order to avoid losing him.

3. Assuming the surrogacy goes ahead, how juicy would it be for Poxy to give birth and then decide she can't bear to give up the child. All three parents devastated; Christian's loyalties stretched to absolute breaking point; undoubted pressure on the Chryed relationship. This would be draama and angst on an epic level and I really, really want it to happen.

4. Amiraspawn. Obviously. I'm kind of hoping this is, in the words of Mas on 22nd April, going to "just...go away". It's a massive potential s/l for TPTB to drop and leave untouched, but it woudn't be the first time and I'd applaud them if they decide there's more mileage in the surrogacy route. Of course, that doesn't mean that Amira & kid can't turn up at some point in the future...(there's part of me hoping if they're going to use Amira again, they do it sooner rather than later. The longer it's left, the greater the danger that they'll roll out her and Masood Jr when Marc E decides he wishes to leave the show :sleep:).

Could they do both the surrogacy s/l and then chuck in Masood Jr at a crucial moment - probably just after Poxy's had her 12wk scan? Yes. Not sure how on earth this would work as a medium or long-term s/l, but it would be a very good duff duff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm meant to be loading the dishwasher and I'm lurking :o quite interesting reading the different viewpoints on the thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoanneK wrote: »
    Syed will be put in an awful position...Roxy will offer Christian what he wants...and Syed loves Christian and wants him to be happy...he will go against his natural feelings and agree to it. If it gets as far as an actual pregnancy, Roxy will be giving Christian something Syed can't...but then the same is true of Amira.

Ooooh, good point.....and we know that EE love their mirroring...... :eek: :eek:

Yay, I'm glad I'm not alone! :) I've always felt that the Chryed storyline is too good for soap but that is what it is at the end of the day :) I'm just glad that Chryed are getting more screentime at last and an actual storyline they can call their own :)
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you've been out barely six months, you're dealing with an entirely new life, the change in your identity, the separation from your family and isolation from community led religious observance.

clearly the next logical step is your boyfriend to suggest having a baby. suggesting you use the devil spiker troll as the egg is a further step for rationality, sense, and empathy.

i didn't convince myself there...

You have such a good way of putting things. Admit it you put this story up!
    You are a secret ee writer.;)

I take it back!!
    JoanneK wrote: »
    Syed will be put in an awful position...Roxy will offer Christian what he wants...and Syed loves Christian and wants him to be happy...he will go against his natural feelings and agree to it. If it gets as far as an actual pregnancy, Roxy will be giving Christian something Syed can't...but then the same is true of Amira.

The difference is though that the Amira baby happened unexpectedly (if it does..hope it's not been aborted )
    But now Syed and Christian are a couple, life partners.

I think if Syed agrees to this when he's not happy it will be so bad for the their relationship..if Christian can't see that he would be unhappy with Roxy as his child's mum or that maybe it's too soon and he's rushing his younger partner I'd also worry for them.
    If the boys end up with Syed and Amira's baby I would guess Amira would be out of the picture because she would be giving it up because she can't keep it.

Roxy would never be out of the picture!
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning (just).

Ignoring the fact that it's clearly too early for them to be thinking of starting a family, a surrogacy s/l could be really interesting.

Why is Poxy making such a generous offer? Yes, her motives may be pure, however it wouldn't surprise me if, on some level, she sees this as a way of staking her claim now and forever on Christian. She's been so jealous of Syed ever since he and C got together, this would be a perfect way to ensure she remains all-important and is giving C something Syed can't. Would she really go to such extremes, though - especially given that she's been shown to have such reservations about Syed's character? A baby's for life, Poxy, not just for next Christmas.

1. Poxy/ Ronnie: how would Ronnie cope, seeing her sister carrying a child so soon after she has lost her own baby? Would Poxy really be so insensitive as to proceed once she finds out the truth about baby James?

2. Will Syed really want to have Poxy as the surrogate? Admittedly, there aren't too many other options on the Square and EE law states that they won't be able to look further afield, but still. If he agrees to it (having a baby at all, never mind with Poxy), it'll be testament to the strength of his love for Christian...or an indication of the lengths he'll go to in order to avoid losing him.

3. Assuming the surrogacy goes ahead, how juicy would it be for Poxy to give birth and then decide she can't bear to give up the child. All three parents devastated; Christian's loyalties stretched to absolute breaking point; undoubted pressure on the Chryed relationship. This would be draama and angst on an epic level and I really, really want it to happen.

4. Amiraspawn. Obviously. I'm kind of hoping this is, in the words of Mas on 22nd April, going to "just...go away". It's a massive potential s/l for TPTB to drop and leave untouched, but it woudn't be the first time and I'd applaud them if they decide there's more mileage in the surrogacy route. Of course, that doesn't mean that Amira & kid can't turn up at some point in the future...(there's part of me hoping if they're going to use Amira again, they do it sooner rather than later. The longer it's left, the greater the danger that they'll roll out her and Masood Jr when Marc E decides he wishes to leave the show :sleep:).

Could they do both the surrogacy s/l and then chuck in Masood Jr at a crucial moment - probably just after Poxy's had her 12wk scan? Yes. Not sure how on earth this would work as a medium or long-term s/l, but it would be a very good duff duff.

Are you sure you're not a member of BK's storyline team? Sounds exactly like their way of thinking to me.

I just don't like Roxy at all - she's a horrible woman - and the idea of her infecting Chryed makes me feel rather vomitous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning (just).

3. Assuming the surrogacy goes ahead, how juicy would it be for Poxy to give birth and then decide she can't bear to give up the child. All three parents devastated, Christian's loyalties stretched to absolute breaking point, undoubted pressure on the Chryed relationship.This would be draama and angst on an epic level and I really, really want it to happen.

Great post :) There are lots of interesting possibilities for this storyline, if done well, it could be really good. Yes obviously it's far too soon for them to even be talking about starting a family but this is soap where everything is speeded up! They've actually been quite slow in starting something like this though, the norm would be for them to start a family within a week of the reunion! :p

There are lots of differnt avenues they could explore with it though, with lots of characters becoming involved and having an opinion etc. It's also very topical at the moment with the whole Elton thing! :)
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, at the end of the day, we don't know exactly how this story is going to pan out.....just because they're talking about starting a family doesn't mean that it's actually going to happen! It could just be that - talking. And then they might realise it's too soon. It's pretty obvious anyway that Syed's not at all keen on the idea, even though he does change his mind! I'd imagine that he'd be even less keen on the idea if Roxy's going to be involved! :eek:

I'm just going to embrace the screentime and wait and see what happens cos I really don't have a clue where this is all going to lead.......I'm excited to find out though! :D

Yes if it leads to them really talking it through, Christian realising he's rushing, appreciating that Syed was agreeing because he loves him and wants him happy for instance but that actually what they have is enough we could get some good scenes.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking through my clips on my external hard drive... I have last years NYE kiss preview saved!!! :D Wonder how many times I watched that before it aired?! :D Have a feeling I will be watching Chryed's kiss a lot after tonights ep to feel better! :(

Some wonderful posts about the potential baby storyline:)....I'm completely in two minds....on the one hand I feel it is too early in their relationship to have a child as there are so many other issues to explore first:) However if done well and with decent writing the baby storyline could be really good, and it will mean screen time and hopefully our wonderful boys being given some great material again :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The difference is though that the Amira baby happened unexpectedly (if it does..hope it's not been aborted )
    But now Syed and Christian are a couple, life partners.

I think if Syed agrees to this when he's not happy it will be so bad for the their relatiosship..if Christian can't see that he would be unhappy with Roxy as his childs mum or that maybe it's too soon and he's rushing his younger partner I'd also worry for them.
    If the boys end up with Syed and Amira's baby I would guess Amira would be out fot he picture because she would be giving it up because she can't keep it.

Roxy would never be out of the picture!

It's cause lots of tension and angst in their relationship for sure - but so long as they stay united as a couple throughout it all then I think it'll be good, I kind of really want to see some angst and draama in their relationship :o No couple is happy all the time and they've been in their little love bubble for too long, I want the angst back! :o I adore happy Domestic Chryed though, but want to see a little bit of angst too :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just thinking how great it is to have some proper Chryed spoilers to discuss, even though there are so many differing opinions about it! :)
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm meant to be loading the dishwasher and I'm lurking :o quite interesting reading the different viewpoints on the thread!

I keep reading everyone's posts and changing my mind all the time...I'm so desperate for screen time, but I do want a decent storyline as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh, good point.....and we know that EE love their mirroring...... :eek: :eek:

Yay, I'm glad I'm not alone! :) I've always felt that the Chryed storyline is too good for soap but that is what it is at the end of the day :) I'm just glad that Chryed are getting more screentime at last and an actual storyline they can call their own :)

This. The chryed stroryline, whitney/tony and stacey bi-polar were all too good for soap in my opinion and are not the usual stories EE goes for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking through my clips on my external hard drive... I have last years NYE kiss preview saved!!! :D Wonder how many times I watched that before it aired?! :D Have a feeling I will be watching Chryed's kiss a lot after tonights ep to feel better! :(

Some wonderful posts about the potential baby storyline:)....I'm completely in two minds....on the one hand I feel it is too early in their relationship to have a child as there are so many other issues to explore first:) However if done well and with decent writing the baby storyline could be really good, and it will mean screen time and hopefully our wonderful boys being given some great material again :)

This, if we get decent writing and screentime this story could be really good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking how great it is to have some proper Chryed spoilers to discuss, even though there are so many differing opinions about it! :)

This!! :) Feels like a long time since we have had a chance for lots of speculation....we just need to get this silly piper kiss out of the way and then look forward to 2011...the year of wonderful Chryed plots and lots of screen time....hopefully!!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off for a few hours, hope to be back later:)

Speak later :) x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This. The chryed stroryline, whitney/tony and stacey bi-polar were all too good for soap in my opinion and are not the usual stories EE goes for.

Yep, all those stories definitely too good for soap, but all done really really well :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning! :D

Oh I missed Rhumba last night :eek:. Hi Rhumba!!!

I know I'm contradictory. Have you seen my name? :D. Can't make up my mind me, on whether I'm naughty or nice :rolleyes:.

Have to catch up on the rest of the pages. Be right back lovelies.

It's New Years Eve!
  • Options
    CarlaBorregoCarlaBorrego Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks oooI say you are brilliant to do this!

Nice to see the scans for the carol concert too.:)

These...if it's what we think I just really despair, if we think Corrie are in a race for a CP then this kind of smacks of something similar to me.
    Syed and Amira's baby turning up is one thing and the boys shocked, coping and turning out to be loving dads or just having the knowledege that Syed is a dad and not having the baby could make them think that way in time. But at this stage in their relationship to consider surrogacy already...urghh!! With all the stories they could do with them this is the first big one they can think of?
    Why on earth does Christian then think Syed would want Roxy as the mother of his and Christian's child...a constant in both their lives. She openly dislikes Syed. Even if she has a change of heart because of the way Syed forgives Christian over NY if I was Syed I'd want to keep her at a distance. She might have a change of heart but I wouldn't! Really Roxy in your babies gene pool? No thanks! The little mite would be spiking all the beakers at mother and toddlers.

I really hope it doesn't happen and they get back to some properly thought out and decent material for the boys instead of this 'what can we do with them next?' type of thing. There's so much in their story already that they haven't even touched or hardly touched...or just skimmed over. I'd like to see Syed in his new job....Christian coping with a sprained ankle, Syed getting hassle from fellow muslims...Tamwar sneaking Kamil over...age concerns , different interests...more Yusef... Amira's baby news...more Masood family involved drama and the Beale's lots of things before surrogacy.:(
    It's like them being together isn't enough... more flipping enriching they don't need!
    Just urgh!:(...please let this be a blip and they rethink for a while.

Who Me, all this a hundred times over. There were so many genuinely interesting issues to explore, and they've been glossed over in favour of predictable or just plain strange cheating / baby plots.

BIB2 about the beakers made me laugh out loud though. Through my gritted teeth, of course. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,278
    Forum Member
    I'm catching up... slowly... some of us have to do some work as well :rolleyes:

I'm still hopeful of a trip to London in February so yay! was planning on booking Priscilla in advance and then bucket shopping anything else I have time for. So if anyone wants to go let me know a decent date as I haven't asked for time from work yet so I'm good whenever... weekday or weekend... I'm still just 'planning' right now :D

definitely going though. am very determined about it :D:sleep:
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning (just):)
    Ooo I say thanks for the scans:)
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning!
    some you guys were chatting ALL NIGHT I hope you realise :p

I'm looking forward to comedic light relief of Zainab and Bushra picking Tam a wife/waitress. They should just make Bushra a regular, it's always classy when she's there.

Isn't Roxy offering to surrogate for Chryed at this point, given her sister's distress... just a bit like "showing off"?

It's nice the soap magazine is doing some sort of edumacational options for gay people to have babies as well as exploring the storyline, that made me laugh.
This discussion has been closed.