Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 111)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamSanti wrote: »
    I loved Leo and Demi, Leo died on the same day as my grandma :o

I loved them too :D BIB aww :(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone:)

Happy New Year 2011 Buttercup!
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Hi
    I just popped in to say Happy New Year to Buttercup, but I guess she's not here. Just heard on the news, it's 2011 already in NZ. She must be celebrating! :D

Of course am now completely perplexed by this new spoiler... I fear we may be getting ahead of ourselves (us? we? getting ahead of ourselves??... never!!!:rolleyes:) but let's get one thing straight : Christian, do not even consider this!! Syed, give your veto. Roxy as surrogate mum to your child is the worst idea ever. The worst. Ever. :sleep:
    I get it that she's Christian's mate, I can make allowances for that... but still.... She doesn't like Syed. She's openly makes venomous remarks about him. She is jealous of him. She spikes his drink, and thinks that is alright. After tonight she will be encourageing Christian to keep lying to Syed
    I could go on... :mad:

But as I say... let's not get ahead of ourselves... :)

Can't stay,but will be back in a few hours' time... :)

BIB I agree with all this. I cannot fathom out how Syed would ever feel secure with the knowledge that Roxy being the other half of the genetic makeup of the surrogate baby and the possible continuous intrusion in his and Christian's lives!

ETA Thanks Ooo I Say for the scans
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kzzrd wrote: »
    Hi Everyone:)

Happy New Year 2011 Buttercup!

BIB I agree with all this. I cannot fathom out how Syed would ever feel secure with the knowledge that Roxy being the other half of the genetic makeup of the surrogate baby and the possible continuous intrusion in his and Christian's lives!

ETA Thanks Ooo I Say for the scans

hey :)
    BIB totally agree!! I really hope they don't go with having Roxy as the surrogate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Thanks for the scans - BK needs a double slap a) for what he's doing to Chryed and b) to knock some sense into him

BIB - :eek::eek::eek: *rocks back of forward hoping he dies instead* :sleep:

:eek::eek::( I definately dont want this sort of exit for ME if he decides to leave!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek::( I definately dont want this sort of exit for ME if he decides to leave!

If Marc leaves then I think Johnny will leave too and then Chryed can leave happy :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey :D
    Ooo I say posted some scans earlier :)

Thanks a lot Sam and also Ooo I say:).
    So, Roxy might offer to have Chryed's baby:eek:? Okay, I don't like that. That's all:sleep:.
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really think there's much of a storyline to be had from the custody thing unless Amira dies though. Cos no court would ever give Chryed full custody over the mother so it would all be wrapped up pretty quickly IMO.

However, if Amira was to die, then that would pave the way for an interesting custody storyline. I can imagine Chryed, Qadim and Zainab/Masood all going for custody!

Not that I'm advocating for Amira to be killed off...... :o:o:p

if that did happen would qadims chances be less likely as he has been in prison (it affection adoption but does it affect custody?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    HiYa Loves! Not been on for a while, darn work, but yay for half day.

So, owt on telly tonight?! ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cairogirl wrote: »
    In a way,you have to give credit to TPTB for raising all these issues,aimed at a huge viewing public,to raise awareness of the various social problems the British people face in 21st Century Britain.
    Trouble is,in trying to cover so many topics,they tend to shortchange the viewers by bringing stuff in and then leave the themes hanging-incidents are forgotten and never mentioned again,or issues are skirted round and left unresolved.
    The current s/l,s are a case in point.IMO it,s in bad taste to cover such traumatic topics for purely ratings.A newborn baby death is something unimaginable for most of us-to use it to advance a character development(Ronnie) is unforgivable.
    The Chryed baby line is also misjudged IMO.Why they feel it is necessary to have this unusual and groundbreaking relationship become mired in surrogacy/adoption so very soon in the story is obviously down to sensationalism--not a natural development of the story.
    Sadly,I think we forget this is a "soap"-normal rules don,t seem to apply here.However,when TPTB forget what people will accept as a possible reality,they do us all a disservice.
    I WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT I SEE!(or at least imagine these things are possible for the characters).Without that,it,s all completely pointless and becomes a bit of a joke.
    I WANT Chryed to develop as a real couple.
    i WANT them to become real people to me
    I WANT them to have a relationship, which in due course will involve them in deciding thier longterm future,which may or may not include children,acquired by whatever means.
    I WANT TO BELIEVE in these people as reality,with all their baggage in ruined relationships and the possibility of final acceptance of their partnership.
    For me, the forthcoming baby s/l is not relevant.Until we get a resolution of the outstanding issues still unresolved,family grief,religeous conflict etc,it,s something that is just a ratings puller.Chryed deserve better than this.IMO,it,s rather sad that TPTB feel the need to resort to this situation.Chryed are pure gold for EE--for God,s sake,treat EE viewers as adults and develop this couple for what they are.Exceptional,groundbreaking and (thanks to the wonderful actors)totally believable.You really don,t need to introduce ridiculous s/l,s to move this story forward-it may be good for ratings,but at some point belief becomes suspended when the s/l,s are so silly.
    Sorry,long rant.I feel it is so sad that after all we have been through(and the characters too,of course)TPTB seem to think we are such a gullible lot that we will accept anything!:(

Good post. They have skipped over so much just to give us a baby plot. Why? Do they really not see that people are fed up with the show constantly being about affairs and babies?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HiYa Loves! Not been on for a while, darn work, but yay for half day.

So, owt on telly tonight?! ;) :rolleyes:

Hey :D
    Yes there is going to be a hansome piper on the telly tonight :sleep::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OOO new scans

Back in a mo

FYI I am out tonight thus avoiding all piper ick. I will read the thread before deciding whether to watch (in my probably hungover state) tomorrow.

ETA: Yay for part 111. What a nice number. /weird
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    If Marc leaves then I think Johnny will leave too and then Chryed can leave happy :)

Awwwww, i'd love it if Johnny and Marc have a pact to leave together, too cute! :)
    cooko94 wrote: »
    if that did happen would qadims chances be less likely as he has been in prison (it affection adoption but does it affect custody?)

Yes, I think this will definitely affect his chances but that wouldn't stop him trying.....and I imagine he'd be just the type to try and bribe the judge as well! :eek:
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Spend the day trying to convince mum she has flu and is not, 'being a big girl with a bad cold'

2. Watch EE and try to refrain from punching a cat.
    3. Post lots of 'where has the year gone' posts.

4. Try and stay up till midnight, but may be worn out from her hot hot date with a packet of tissues, some olbus oil and a waterbottle.

5. Drown in a ocean of her own self pity :sleep:

bib 1 Makes New years eve resolution to keep the cat in.:D
    bib 2 olbas oil is good stuff, will never let you down even if it makes your eyes water.

Sends out life belt to stop you drowning.Plop! Catch! That was it!
    Imagine him being covered in olbas oil. Better still them.;)
    Thanks for the scans - BK needs a double slap a) for what he's doing to Chryed and b) to knock some sense into him
    BIB - :eek::eek::eek: *rocks back of forward hoping he dies instead* :sleep:

This. Short and to the point.

I wish they'd let Chryed become part of the fabric of the square and just be around doing normal every day job, being cast out from your family, outcast from your religion, struggling to make your two new careers work, arguing over whose turn it is to cook, type of stuff.

With this latest idea it's like 'ok we've done the gay muslim issue' (no they haven't not properly!:mad:) now what other issue can we do with them?...ooh let's do gay adoption.
    At least the Amira stroryline arose natuarally from what had already happened and was a further consequence of bringing Amira into it and the ongoing consequences for her and them (even if we don't see her)

With all the gaps too it's like they pop up...play kiss the piper...disappear again pop up with let's do surrogate babies.:(

It will be interesting to see Roxy's reaction when Syed forgives Christian for the kiss. If she is genuinely happy for Christian then maybe she has a change of heart. If she's smiling through gritted teeth then we know the answer.

I'd love her offer to be..you guys want a baby? (well Christian does) you can borrow Amy for a month. (she wouldn't notice) See how you cope with running the PT business and Syed doing his masseur training in Leeds? and starting his new business and see how you go. You'd still see the boys with a cute little one. I know too sensible!
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope Johnny and Marc choose to leave at the same time too :) Happy Chryed ending :) In many years time :sleep::)
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Popping out of lurkdom to say Happy New Year Buttercup!! :D
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I think this will definitely affect his chances but that wouldn't stop him trying.....and I imagine he'd be just the type to try and bribe the judge as well! :eek:

probably or EE would conveniently forget it:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eugh I'm so disappointed with EE. The Chryed s/l was all about reconciling faith with sexuality, and the issues facing a young gay Muslim living in Britain who falls in love with a man. On the whole (a few dodgy bits aside) they got the affair and marriage era right, but since they've got together they've turned into the token, background gays, like EE haven't given them a second thought.

It's not just frustrating for fans, it's bad storytelling and, worse (and maddeningly) does a complete disservice to all the work they did last year AND to gay muslims everywhere.

Syed lost his family, his community, his friends and his identity. He's living with a secular former manwhore who's been 'out' almost as long as he's been alive, and this is the first proper relationship both of them have had. His boyfriend has different interests and values to him, and he doesn't get on with his best friend and sister. The family who disowned him live around the corner and are now dominating their other son's life (repeating history?). He's starting a new career which is closely linked to his lover's business (scary life-entwining stuff)............I'm actually BAFFLED as to why EE choose to ignore ALL OF THIS and go down a surrogacy/baby route.
    Yes, it's soapy, dramatic and potentially wrenching, and it's never been done before - but all of the above fits that criterion AND IT MAKES PLOT SENSE. Who the hell would want a child after literally just walking away from a soul sucking marriage (which isn't even officially over yet) where the pressure to have a child drove him to despair? Why the hell would C - who seems to have forgotten the past year of agony and is acting like they're any other gay couple with a few family issues - suggest it? It's plain insane. What are they doing to these characters? They're not Chryed to me anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm sick of ignoring things or justifying them. Thinking about the NY eps last year, which were so perfectly devastating, and all the promise the boys had....and now we're facing this? It's like they've shunted them onto a different show. I blame BK. I'm past angry, worried and disappointed now - and that's where EE should start to get concerned. When the crazy die hards start to become apathetic (and you begin to forget why you loved them in the first place) then you're running into trouble.

/pointless rant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surrogacy? Poxy? :eek: x 100

Nooooooo this is not how I want it to go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cairogirl wrote: »
    In a way,you have to give credit to TPTB for raising all these issues,aimed at a huge viewing public,to raise awareness of the various social problems the British people face in 21st Century Britain.
    Trouble is,in trying to cover so many topics,they tend to shortchange the viewers by bringing stuff in and then leave the themes hanging-incidents are forgotten and never mentioned again,or issues are skirted round and left unresolved.
    The current s/l,s are a case in point.IMO it,s in bad taste to cover such traumatic topics for purely ratings.A newborn baby death is something unimaginable for most of us-to use it to advance a character development(Ronnie) is unforgivable.
    The Chryed baby line is also misjudged IMO.Why they feel it is necessary to have this unusual and groundbreaking relationship become mired in surrogacy/adoption so very soon in the story is obviously down to sensationalism--not a natural development of the story.
    Sadly,I think we forget this is a "soap"-normal rules don,t seem to apply here.However,when TPTB forget what people will accept as a possible reality,they do us all a disservice.
    I WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT I SEE!(or at least imagine these things are possible for the characters).Without that,it,s all completely pointless and becomes a bit of a joke.
    I WANT Chryed to develop as a real couple.
    i WANT them to become real people to me
    I WANT them to have a relationship, which in due course will involve them in deciding thier longterm future,which may or may not include children,acquired by whatever means.
    I WANT TO BELIEVE in these people as reality,with all their baggage in ruined relationships and the possibility of final acceptance of their partnership.
    For me, the forthcoming baby s/l is not relevant.Until we get a resolution of the outstanding issues still unresolved,family grief,religeous conflict etc,it,s something that is just a ratings puller.Chryed deserve better than this.IMO,it,s rather sad that TPTB feel the need to resort to this situation.Chryed are pure gold for EE--for God,s sake,treat EE viewers as adults and develop this couple for what they are.Exceptional,groundbreaking and (thanks to the wonderful actors)totally believable.You really don,t need to introduce ridiculous s/l,s to move this story forward-it may be good for ratings,but at some point belief becomes suspended when the s/l,s are so silly.
    Sorry,long rant.I feel it is so sad that after all we have been through(and the characters too,of course)TPTB seem to think we are such a gullible lot that we will accept anything!:(

That was a very good rant...I agree completely.
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popping out of lurkdom to say Happy New Year Buttercup!! :D

Happy New Year Buttercup :D

Think it is past midnight in Sydney too now....must text my sister to wish her Happy New Year:)....I bet she is REALLY drunk!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Chryed4ever7971:)

It is interesting to read everyone's views here but as some of you have pointed it out that Roxy is considering surrogacy so soon when her sister had just lost her baby and the subsequent unthinkable act she had done, i dont understand how Roxy could think of helping another person when one suppose to be sensitive about not raising baby issues at all for some time or until her sister heals!

Unless , TPTB could twist the story revealing her sister could not have anymore child in the future and Roxy steps in to help her instead!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy New Year Buttercup :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOO new scans

Back in a mo

FYI I am out tonight thus avoiding all piper ick. I will read the thread before deciding whether to watch (in my probably hungover state) tomorrow.ETA: Yay for part 111. What a nice number. /weird

BIB I'm planning to do the same:D. I know myself, I'm gonna watch it however bad it might be, but at least I'll be prepared:sleep:
    Don't feel very positive at the moment about the upcoming Chryed stuff:(.

I have to do some ironing now -gonna watch QAF along the way to make it a bit more exhomo;).

Bye and thanks again SamSanti and Ooo I say:).
    ETA Happy New Year Buttercup!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eugh I'm so disappointed with EE. The Chryed s/l was all about reconciling faith with sexuality, and the issues facing a young gay Muslim living in Britain who falls in love with a man. On the whole (a few dodgy bits aside) they got the affair and marriage era right, but since they've got together they've turned into the token, background gays, like EE haven't given them a second thought.

It's not just frustrating for fans, it's bad storytelling and, worse (and maddeningly) does a complete disservice to all the work they did last year AND to gay muslims everywhere.

Syed lost his family, his community, his friends and his identity. He's living with a secular former manwhore who's been 'out' almost as long as he's been alive, and this is the first proper relationship both of them have had. His boyfriend has different interests and values to him, and he doesn't get on with his best friend and sister. The family who disowned him live around the corner and are now dominating their other son's life (repeating history?). He's starting a new career which is closely linked to his lover's business (scary life-entwining stuff)............I'm actually BAFFLED as to why EE choose to ignore ALL OF THIS and go down a surrogacy/baby route.
    Yes, it's soapy, dramatic and potentially wrenching, and it's never been done before - but all of the above fits that criterion AND IT MAKES PLOT SENSE. Who the hell would want a child after literally just walking away from a soul sucking marriage (which isn't even officially over yet) where the pressure to have a child drove him to despair? Why the hell would C - who seems to have forgotten the past year of agony and is acting like they're any other gay couple with a few family issues - suggest it? It's plain insane. What are they doing to these characters? They're not Chryed to me anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm sick of ignoring things or justifying them. Thinking about the NY eps last year, which were so perfectly devastating, and all the promise the boys had....and now we're facing this? It's like they've shunted them onto a different show. I blame BK. I'm past angry, worried and disappointed now - and that's where EE should start to get concerned. When the crazy die hards start to become apathetic (and you begin to forget why you loved them in the first place) then you're running into trouble.

/pointless rant

Not pointless at all. :( all true too imho and yes to bib...they don't need our encouragement on top of everything...well those that don't like it anyway.
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Chryed4ever7971:)

It is interesting to read everyone's views here but as some of you have pointed it out that Roxy is considering surrogacy so soon when her sister had just lost her baby and the subsequent unthinkable act she had done, i dont understand how Roxy could think of helping another person when one suppose to be sensitive about not raising baby issues at all for some time or until her sister heals!

Unless , TPTB could twist the story revealing her sister could not have anymore child in the future and Roxy steps in to help her instead!

I'm no Roxy fan but maybe Roxy doesn't know about the Ronnie stuff? We've heard info today that the reveal has been filmed but we don't know the exact time frame for that, or if/when Roxy finds out. As far as Roxy is concerned, Ronnie's baby hasn't died, unless I am missing something here :confused:
This discussion has been closed.