Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 111)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    bib 1 Makes New years eve resolution to keep the cat in.:D
    bib 2 olbas oil is good stuff, will never let you down even if it makes your eyes water.

Sends out life belt to stop you drowning.Plop! Catch! That was it!
    Imagine him being covered in olbas oil. Better still them.;)

mmmmmmmmmmm :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surrogacy? Poxy? :eek: x 100

Nooooooo this is not how I want it to go!

That's the general reaction :sleep:

Hang on though, where does it say "Is Roxy pregnant"? I've looked and re-looked and must have selective blindness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seemoewe wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Sam and also Ooo I say:).
    So, Roxy might offer to have Chryed's baby:eek:? Okay, I don't like that. That's all:sleep:.

Hi Seemoewe - wanted to say thanks for my name mentioned in your Wish List for 2011! Hoping it will come true for all of us to be able to view BBC IPlayer so that i dont have to wait 1 or 2 days to watch the episodes.

Ok...off in a bit to have my dinner and see yesterday's episode.:)
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year Buttercup :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    I wanted adoption or fostering. I wanted them to be like Chandler and Monica in Friends in that if they cant have one that is proper half and half (which it never can be for Chryed if I mnow my biology :sleep:) then they dont want one that's half one of theirs and half perfect stranger*. Hence adoption. Plus I love the idea of them bringing love into the life of some poor child that has had none-epic guhhhhh/squeeeeness. And would be v good drama and storytelling.

Poxy is a surrogate is a big no. She will just use it as a way of getting C away from Sy-knowing her she will prob want to make the baby the normal way :rolleyes:. And I dont want C EVER pulled between his 'best' friend and Sy coz Sy should and would always win and is his best friend really. Ugh, no Poxy. Cat trust her. Maybe this is the point though-the draaaaaaaama it would bring.

Sigh.

Time to start accpeting that now they are together we are unlikely to ever get what we really want any more. We will get what makes good soap. Hence what BK said!

*OK, Sy has one of these but they dont know that.

/ramble
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Eugh I'm so disappointed with EE. The Chryed s/l was all about reconciling faith with sexuality, and the issues facing a young gay Muslim living in Britain who falls in love with a man. On the whole (a few dodgy bits aside) they got the affair and marriage era right, but since they've got together they've turned into the token, background gays, like EE haven't given them a second thought.

It's not just frustrating for fans, it's bad storytelling and, worse (and maddeningly) does a complete disservice to all the work they did last year AND to gay muslims everywhere.

Syed lost his family, his community, his friends and his identity. He's living with a secular former manwhore who's been 'out' almost as long as he's been alive, and this is the first proper relationship both of them have had. His boyfriend has different interests and values to him, and he doesn't get on with his best friend and sister. The family who disowned him live around the corner and are now dominating their other son's life (repeating history?). He's starting a new career which is closely linked to his lover's business (scary life-entwining stuff)............I'm actually BAFFLED as to why EE choose to ignore ALL OF THIS and go down a surrogacy/baby route.
    Yes, it's soapy, dramatic and potentially wrenching, and it's never been done before - but all of the above fits that criterion AND IT MAKES PLOT SENSE. Who the hell would want a child after literally just walking away from a soul sucking marriage (which isn't even officially over yet) where the pressure to have a child drove him to despair? Why the hell would C - who seems to have forgotten the past year of agony and is acting like they're any other gay couple with a few family issues - suggest it? It's plain insane. What are they doing to these characters? They're not Chryed to me anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm sick of ignoring things or justifying them. Thinking about the NY eps last year, which were so perfectly devastating, and all the promise the boys had....and now we're facing this? It's like they've shunted them onto a different show. I blame BK. I'm past angry, worried and disappointed now - and that's where EE should start to get concerned. When the crazy die hards start to become apathetic (and you begin to forget why you loved them in the first place) then you're running into trouble.

/pointless rant

Wonderful post :) They have soooo much potential with Chryed and they just aren't using it :( I don't mind a baby plot but after other issues have been dealt with :) Chryed are such a fascinating, unique couple....played by actors whose on screen chemistry is electric...I don't understand why they are ignored all the time? :( I REALLY hope 2011 sees Chryed and the Masood's used a lot more :) I love Chryed so much, I want the boys properly back, acting like the Chryed we know and love, coping with life, dealing with issues along the way, angst and drama but in character with the boys staying a strong, loving couple :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon loves - what have I missed - I only had a very brief look at the scans this morning, didn't really have time but I missed the bit about Roxys involvement - I shall have to go read them again!!

OT but me and Disney Jnr have been dancing in the Disney store to Beauty and the Beast this morning - I'm having a good day :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the scans Ooo I say!

Anyone else's heart leap at the "2 proposals" bit? Until you read on and it says "lucky women" :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bahahaha Of topic but Ooo ah just a lil bit, by Gena G was one of the guess the intro on Never Mind the Buzzcocks :D:D:D

/school disco memories :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon loves - what have I missed - I only had a very brief look at the scans this morning, didn't really have time but I missed the bit about Roxys involvement - I shall have to go read them again!!

OT but me and Disney Jnr have been dancing in the Disney store to Beauty and the Beast this morning - I'm having a good day :D

Hey hun :) BIB Aaaawwww...that sounds so fun :) I love the Disney store!! :D
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

Anyone else's heart leap at the "2 proposals" bit? Until you read on and it says "lucky women" :sleep:

Lol, mine did, I immediately thought of Chryed and then I saw "women" :(
  • Options
    cooko94cooko94 Posts: 18,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

nope i didnt see it:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoanneK wrote: »
    I'm no Roxy fan but maybe Roxy doesn't know about the Ronnie stuff? We've heard info today that the reveal has been filmed but we don't know the exact time frame for that, or if/when Roxy finds out. As far as Roxy is concerned, Ronnie's baby hasn't died, unless I am missing something here :confused:

Oh dear...i keep forgetting that in the story, Ronnie still has a baby. Whatever happens, im hoping that TPTB will not go through with baby by surrogacy with Roxy for Chryed.:(
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    I refuse to think of Roxy carrying Christian's baby. No no no. Not happening :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things to do!Going off now for a bit.Likely to be around this evening,so for any NYE haters--I,ll hopefully catch you then.
    for the EE watchers--just close your eyes!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey hun :) BIB Aaaawwww...that sounds so fun :) I love the Disney store!! :D

It's my favourite store :D

Right just read the scans again and still almost missed the bit about Roxy - now i'm off to read what people think!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kzzrd wrote: »
    Hi Seemoewe - wanted to say thanks for my name mentioned in your Wish List for 2011! Hoping it will come true for all of us to be able to view BBC IPlayer so that i dont have to wait 1 or 2 days to watch the episodes.

Ok...off in a bit to have my dinner and see yesterday's episode.:)

/partridge

Hi kzzrd,

you're welcome:) and I agree it would be great. Don't know if it's going to happen though, just read on here that there are plans for it a while ago.

PoppyMay, brilliant post, you are depressingly right with everything you say:(.

/end of partride, back to ironing:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ardchoileardchoile Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eugh I'm so disappointed with EE. The Chryed s/l was all about reconciling faith with sexuality, and the issues facing a young gay Muslim living in Britain who falls in love with a man. On the whole (a few dodgy bits aside) they got the affair and marriage era right, but since they've got together they've turned into the token, background gays, like EE haven't given them a second thought.

It's not just frustrating for fans, it's bad storytelling and, worse (and maddeningly) does a complete disservice to all the work they did last year AND to gay muslims everywhere.

Syed lost his family, his community, his friends and his identity. He's living with a secular former manwhore who's been 'out' almost as long as he's been alive, and this is the first proper relationship both of them have had. His boyfriend has different interests and values to him, and he doesn't get on with his best friend and sister. The family who disowned him live around the corner and are now dominating their other son's life (repeating history?). He's starting a new career which is closely linked to his lover's business (scary life-entwining stuff)............I'm actually BAFFLED as to why EE choose to ignore ALL OF THIS and go down a surrogacy/baby route.
    Yes, it's soapy, dramatic and potentially wrenching, and it's never been done before - but all of the above fits that criterion AND IT MAKES PLOT SENSE. Who the hell would want a child after literally just walking away from a soul sucking marriage (which isn't even officially over yet) where the pressure to have a child drove him to despair? Why the hell would C - who seems to have forgotten the past year of agony and is acting like they're any other gay couple with a few family issues - suggest it? It's plain insane. What are they doing to these characters? They're not Chryed to me anymore.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm sick of ignoring things or justifying them. Thinking about the NY eps last year, which were so perfectly devastating, and all the promise the boys had....and now we're facing this? It's like they've shunted them onto a different show. I blame BK. I'm past angry, worried and disappointed now - and that's where EE should start to get concerned. When the crazy die hards start to become apathetic (and you begin to forget why you loved them in the first place) then you're running into trouble.

/pointless rant

Not pointless at all.

I completely agree Poppy. It is beyond depressing. I cannot fathom what on earth EE are thinking wasting fabulous story potential, great actors and the best chemistry between any actors on EE.

BIB: absolutely. Seems like BK isn't interested in any of the original premise of their story, just wants to reduce everything down to the lowest common denominator again. And yes, I can feel the apathy creeping up on me too sometimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,434
    Forum Member
    JoanneK wrote: »
    Syed will be put in an awful position...Roxy will offer Christian what he wants...and Syed loves Christian and wants him to be happy.
    Why is Poxy making such a generous offer? Yes, her motives may be pure, however it wouldn't surprise me if, on some level, she sees this as a way of staking her claim now and forever on Christian. She's been so jealous of Syed ever since he and C got together, this would be a perfect way to ensure she remains all-important and is giving C something Syed can't.

essentially, you can't trust poxy as far as syed could chuck her.

the most alarming thing (along with the image of her being mummy to christian's child) is the threat that christian would agree to it. roxy will clearly be manipulating her little (non-existant) heart out, telling him how amazing it will be, playing to his long craved desire for a child...but, it isn't just him involved, and (putting aside the fact that syed has only been out six months and is not in the same place he is) though having a baby with his best friend may be wonderful for him, it would not be a picnic for his lover. it's almost a given roxy will push her luck, behave appallingly at all times. will this be the longed for moment when christian stands up to roxy in a long-term way? it could be saved for the ultimate version - her offering him what he has always wanted and then, seeing how uncomfortable and unhappy it makes syed, turning her down. or they all just go ahead with it and live in a house together, and comedy will ensue. oh the scrapes they'd get into...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OT....Just spoke to my sister, she saw the new year in by Sydney harbour bridge watching the fireworks!!! :)............/not jealous :sleep::o:D
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    OT....Just spoke to my sister, she saw the new year in by Sydney harbour bridge watching the fireworks!!! :)............/not jealous :sleep::o:D

Wow... that must have been amazing! :D Lucky her :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

/pointless rant

you should email that rant daily to EE. you could be the nut they talk about at meetings. "it's her again..." they'd say. THAT COULD BE YOU. do it. it was fantastic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or they all just go ahead with it and live in a house together, and comedy will ensue. oh the scrapes they'd get into...

Do NOT give them any ideas sheesh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do NOT give them any ideas sheesh

it's ok, EE doesn't do comedy.

other than the pat and peggy love triangle, obviously. that was hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow... that must have been amazing! :D Lucky her :D

It's the third year she has been there for new years, she loves it :D She asked what I was doing for new years....she didn't think staying in watching EE was very exciting!!! :o:D....she said next year I should go visit her in Sydney!! :D
This discussion has been closed.