Options

Is anyone purchasing an Ipad2 on Friday?

Comments

• Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course I did, I wanted an iPad 1 for a while, but thought I would wait for the 2.

If your going to get an iPad your not going to get the 16gb one as it would be full in no time at all, hence why I got the 64gb one.

I have a lot of iphone apps and on the iPad the quality is shit as you have to make them bigger.:( Facebook, Argos, RBS Bank App, just to name a few.

Also things like accesing gaydar chat, you can't as it says you need to update the flash player inside it.

I disagree about storage, I have a 16GB version and not even using 8GB even though I have bought stacks of apps.

Also iPod apps are gonna look terrible as there made for a much smaller screen, I would stick to iPad apps and you'll be happy.

As for flash based chat, if it didn't work on your iPhone what made you think it would work on the iPad?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,943
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    I disagree about storage, I have a 16GB version and not even using 8GB even though I have bought stacks of apps.

Also iPod apps are gonna look terrible as there made for a much smaller screen, I would stick to iPad apps and you'll be happy.

As for flash based chat, if it didn't work on your iPhone what made you think it would work on the iPad?

Ok about the size, but if you are gonna get one, your gonna get the one that you can afford. I read forums that siad always go for bigger.

Yeah but not all apps are available for the Ipad though.

I never tried to use any flash chat apps on my iPhone though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok about the size, but if you are gonna get one, your gonna get the one that you can afford. I read forums that siad always go for bigger.

Fair enough but Apples stance on Adobe Flash is common knowledge, if chat was important to you, you may have been better with a Android tablet.

As for now getting your money back when its engraved is minimal IMO.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personally I think you are trolling here.

I regularly read forums and most go for 16GB first off as it's the cheapest and secondly as it's more than enough for most people if it's not then you delete a few things? By all means go for bigger and 3G but personally I'd not.

Even the Iphone 4 does not come in 64GB yet. Flash is an argument we have had on the forum for weeks many people said they like HTML5 now as you can view video in that anyway and there's a Youtube app.

Most people like the Ipad so I really can't see your point. Take it back maybe tablets are not for you? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I regularly read forums and most go for 16GB first off as it's the cheapest and secondly as it's more than enough for most people if it's not then you delete a few things? By all means go for bigger and 3G but personally I'd not.

Even the Iphone 4 does not come in 64GB yet. Flash is an argument we have had on the forum for weeks many people said they like HTML5 now as you can view video in that anyway and there's a Youtube app.

Most people like the Ipad so I really can't see your point. Take it back maybe tablets are not for you? :rolleyes:

I have a 32gb Ipad1 that is half full.

Video is what takes up a LOT of space, so if someone is wanting to put lots of video on an Ipad, go for 64gb!!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    I've got 6 Gigs left of my 32 Gb ipad plus a load of uninstalled apps on my laptop. Video, interactive mags and games can be 500 meg plus and they soon swallow that memory. The next flagship ipad should have 128Gb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »

Video is what takes up a LOT of space, so if someone is wanting to put lots of video on an Ipad, go for 64gb!!

If you buy lots of movies better to swap them once you watch them.

I guess that's where expandable memory would come in handy on the Ipad. :D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »

I have a 32GB model. It's got a few films on it from iTunes (free digital copies from Blu-rays). I plan on putting more videos on (to play with VLC), but I'm not worried about running out of space. Still plenty of space to fit several 350MB .avi files... ;)

I doubt I'd ever be travelling for so long that I'd run out of videos to watch before I was able to re-sync.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I wasn't trolling, I was being genuine.

Nice to see a few agree on the size etc.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iOS 4.3.3 is out now if you iPad users are interested http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1471692
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you buy lots of movies better to swap them once you watch them.

I guess that's where expandable memory would come in handy on the Ipad. :D

I did take most of them off... It's still half full :D, hence if I go for the Ipad3, I'll definitely be buying the largest size I can :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what Apple's return address is?

Thanks
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was shipped yesterday for a estimated delivery date of the 19th May, hopefully it will come before that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know what Apple's return address is?

Thanks

http://store.apple.com/uk/help/returns_refund
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tethering is so handy...My iPad 2 is currently using my phone's 3G connection, as the hotel I'm in doesn't have free WiFi...why pay an extra £100 for a 3G iPad! :)

My new toy served me well on the long train journey, too, as a video player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Tethering is so handy...My iPad 2 is currently using my phone's 3G connection, as the hotel I'm in doesn't have free WiFi...why pay an extra £100 for a 3G iPad! :)

Yeah that's what I do :)

What video player you using? I have been using AVPlayerHD and it works great, even for HD mkv files.

Or sometimes I use AirPlayer, it's not as good as AVPlayerHD (because it hasn't been updated to take advantage of the iPad2 hardware) but it plays files from my NAS which is handy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What network are you on?

Mines is O2 and does not support it or at least no menu for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What network are you on?

You have to be able to use your phone as a wifi access point. My htc on android works like this. Then once you've turned your phone wifi on, you set the IPad to look for the access point :)

However, when i was on holiday recently I couldn't get a tmobile signal on my htc, so I was grateful that I had a 3g model with an 02 sim as 02 worked fine in the area!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's what I do :)

What video player you using? I have been using AVPlayerHD and it works great, even for HD mkv files.

Or sometimes I use AirPlayer, it's not as good as AVPlayerHD (because it hasn't been updated to take advantage of the iPad2 hardware) but it plays files from my NAS which is handy.

I did use VLC when I first got it, but have just started using AVPlayerHD too as it seems to handle more than VLC & takes advantage of the iPad 2 (plus unlike VLC it will still get updated). Seems pretty good :)
    What network are you on?

If you have an iPhone with iOS4.3, you will have a "Personal Hotspot" function available (Settings > General > Network).

Some networks require you to pay extra to use it (e.g. O2 if you are not on the very latest tariffs), some let you use it without paying extra (e.g. Three, the new O2 tariffs).

If your network doesn't allow tethering without paying extra, and you don't want to pay extra, then the only option is to Jailbreak the iPhone & then purchase e.g. MyWi4 from Cydia, which is a tethering app for Jailbroken devices which doesn't have the network controls that the in-built tethering has (bear in mind however that tethering this way without permission may be in violation of your mobile contract).

Android phones can also tether, as mentioned in the previous post.

Unlike the iPhone, the function isn't subject to mobile network control. However, using it without paying extra for tethering may still be a contract breach depending on network, even though it isn't locked down like on the iPhone.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks, but that doesn't really help as like I said it's engraved and I can't return it via the order status page.

Should I return it to, the address that was on the dispatch note. It was Leicestershire I think. Or I did find an address for Ireland on that link.

I have decided to send the iPad back as I have only used it one day since I got it on Tuesday.

They are very over rated and until you get one, you kinda think why did I buy that. Other people use them for different uses, min would have been more or less like a netbook.
  • Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, but that doesn't really help as like I said it's engraved and I can't return it via the order status page.

Should I return it to, the address that was on the dispatch note. It was Leicestershire I think. Or I did find an address for Ireland on that link.

I have decided to send the iPad back as I have only used it one day since I got it on Tuesday.

They are very over rated and until you get one, you kinda think why did I buy that. Other people use them for different uses, min would have been more or less like a netbook.

You must be trolling, surely. You contradicted yourself far too many times in that post. You know you cannot return it because you got it engraved, unless it is broken. You cannot return it to the returns address, then you can't return it to the shipping address. This is nobodies fault but your own. You knew you couldn't return it, we all moved on to discuss iPads and then you were not being paid any attention so you asked for the returns address.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You must be trolling, surely. You contradicted yourself far too many times in that post. You know you cannot return it because you got it engraved, unless it is broken. You cannot return it to the returns address, then you can't return it to the shipping address. This is nobodies fault but your own. You knew you couldn't return it, we all moved on to discuss iPads and then you were not being paid any attention so you asked for the returns address.

How dare you think I'm trolling as I am not. I'm asking for advice which is what this forum gives surely. :rolleyes:

No I purely asked for the retuns address as the decision I have made is to return it. Is that so wrong.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting an ipad5...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How dare you think I'm trolling as I am not. I'm asking for advice which is what this forum gives surely. :rolleyes:

No I purely asked for the retuns address as the decision I have made is to return it. Is that so wrong.

You have no right to return it. Well, I suppose you can return it if you want, but you have no right to a refund!

It's personalised (engraved), so you can't use Apple's own 14 day return policy.

It's not faulty, so you can't use the Sale of Goods Act.

You could have used the seven day "cooling off period" to cancel for any reason (including "changed your mind") under the Distance Selling Regulations... if you hadn't had it engraved...[Like Apple's return policy]

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Situationsthatcanchangeyourconsumerrights/DG_183048
    DirectGov wrote:
    The cooling-off period and your right to cancel

If you buy something without face-to-face contact, you will usually have a ‘cooling off period’ of seven working days. It lets you can cancel the order for any reason and get your money back.

If you decide to cancel your order within the cooling off period, you must tell the trader in writing.

You don’t have this cancellation right:

when a new service starts immediately (eg paying for access to a website)
    if the item is personalised or made to order
    if the item is perishable, eg food or flowers
    for newspapers or magazines
    where the security seal has been broken on a CD, DVD or computer software
    if you buy something from an online auction like eBay - this is known as a private sale.

Just eBay it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You have no right to return it. Well, I suppose you can return it if you want, but you have no right to a refund!

Just eBay it...

Well I haven't paid for it, as I got it on Finance you see. It was the best way for me to get it.

If I ebay'ed it, how much do you think I could get for it, or what should I start it off as??