Options

Riot in Tottenham! (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Community Leader = The estate's most well spoken ethnic minority who the rest regard as a "geek" and an object of humour.
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    It will probably end within the next couple of days. It will either fizzle out itself, or will end as a result of stronger police/army measures. It is horrible while it is happening, but there have been riots before and they have all ended without the whole country getting caught up in it.

Hopefully this one will see lots of convictions due to all the high quality news footage. This will help to deter others in future.

This is very true, now we have broadcast footage that's so sharp and can be close up.

And, another poster up thread said maybe the police are viewing footage to arrest later, rather than use up man power (sorry, can't find the quote, the thread is moving so quickly)
  • Options
    belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NatoPMT wrote: »
    that, and the term 'recreational rioting' might be the most depressing thing I've ever heard

what a mess

Why that term?? Its a valid term. You might not want to accept people enjoy rioting as a "fun" activity...but its clear they do. I know all too well seeing these scum in Northern Ireland smiling and having games throwing stuff at the police.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    wish the cybermen were real
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    Discussing on BBC News the possible need for water cannons and plastic batton rounds if it gets much worse, the chances of this getting much worse is certain surely?
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POLICE WHERE ARE THEY? For goodness sakes.

And WHERE ARE THE F**KING PARENTS OF THESE KIDS?

:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    If it was NY the cops both black and white would be taking people down - We are a lot more civilised here, the police need to do something more proactive.

The police don't want to shoot at black/white youths - but many people would love that opportunity - to see them punished.

No, not punished. It's about sending out a message to other rioters and anyone thinking of rioting.

If the situation was nipped in the bud on Saturday night we wouldn't be seeing what's happening tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    AndyTSJ wrote: »
    So basically what the Acting Chief Constable said was.... no change. We're not going to do anything more than we are now. They really are a joke. I'm laughing at them, God knows what the thugs are doing.

Yes they are pathetic. It's astonishing
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problems in West Croydon now. Sooooo glad I moved out of there a couple of years ago. Feel sorry for those still there, though.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,863
    Forum Member
    roth30 wrote: »
    27th July
    Labour leader Ed Miliband has today had a successful operation to deal with the condition sleep apnoea

The hour-long operation was done with the National Health Service and was performed at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital in central London.

"He is now recovering for a few days before going on holiday with his family."

So going by this he is on holiday not in hospital.

How very handy that the NHS could fit him in during the HOC summer recess. :p

It has all worked out very well for him!

As for 'sleep apnoea', it is more a case of him getting rid of that nasal tone when he speaks. ;)
  • Options
    Charley's AngelCharley's Angel Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Lots of police storming down the road by my house.

Oh dear:( Are you ok?
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Like they'd be going to university.

You could pay their tuition fees and they would never go to lectures.

You could give then a job and they wouldn't get out of bed and go to it.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Discussing on BBC News the possible need for water cannons and plastic batton rounds if it gets much worse, the chances of this getting much worse is certain surely?

I'm surprised they didn't have the water cannons out on Saturday night. These hooded crusties hate nothing more than getting wet.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote: »

the parents are probably the ones suggesting they do this
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron's only in Italy, he could be back here by midnight and convening a COBRA meeting. Like it or not, the country needs its leader here, not hiding with his head in the sand pretending Theresa May and Nick Clegg can handle it.

I think he'll come back after tonight. They need to round these scrotes up and send them to Afghanistan, show them a real battle. They would all pi$$ their pants in fear.
  • Options
    blackdogblackblackdogblack Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all those who did rolleyes whenever anyone mentioned Broken Britain, hang your heads in shame. Scum have been breeding scum for years now, and now its out of control.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://birminghamriots2011.tumblr.com/
    Birmingham - looks legit
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was NY the cops both black and white would be taking people down - We are a lot more civilised here, the police need to do something more proactive.

The police don't want to shoot at black/white youths - but many people would love that opportunity - to see them punished.

We need water cannons. I mean for goodness sakes places are being burnt down and the police are doing f-all. F**k perception now... Just get on with POLICING.

Sorry but I'm just very annoyed by this.
  • Options
    hometown38hometown38 Posts: 364
    Forum Member

Too right they would . Don't think the LAPD would be standing around either
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron's only in Italy, he could be back here by midnight and convening a COBRA meeting. Like it or not, the country needs its leader here, not hiding with his head in the sand pretending Theresa May and Nick Clegg can handle it.

Doesn't need to.....all such meetings can be easily conducted via conference calls etc
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »

Okay now listen Kieran/James/Anthony - stop rioting, get home for supper - I think these are lawless kids - if they werent rioting would be drug using/taking/drinking - life over before it has hardly begun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Lots of police storming down the road by my house.

Yikes - whereabouts are you Kieran?
  • Options
    blackdogblackblackdogblack Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Police are being hampered by spectators. Everyone go home.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ben_122 wrote: »
    Cameron/Clegg/Miliband one and the same so it doesn't really matter. I agree he'd be doing nothing.

It's much better for Miliband to shut up, if he does, he wins.
    Clegg loses either way, as with everything in his life haha.
    Unless Cameron's back by tomorrow, he'll come off very badly.

They're all as bad as each other. We need someone in power to properly clamp down on this ****, but they're all too afraid of offending the do-gooders to do anything about it
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah horses at last
This discussion has been closed.