Options

Unpopular Opinions:

1124125126127128130»

Comments

• Options
    TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only just come across this thread and I am not reading through God knows how many pages to see if the following are duplicated. My opinions [probably more unpopular than not I should imagine] are:-

Elvis is not King.

Cheryl Cole is ugly.

Cat owners are mad.

Elton John is not a superstar, he is a very, very sad old man who hasn't written a decent song for many years. One can replace the name with Mick Jagger/Bob Dylan/ etc, etc, etc.

Cyclists do not have the moral high ground.

Now that I am in my 50's I should pay more in car insurance - my driving is far worse than it was 30 years ago.

Same sex adoption and IVF couples are wrong.

Benefit receivers should have separate queues for post offices/shops etc. I work and my time is far more important - they have all day to queue.

Caravanners are nice and polite people really so therefore deserve a quick, clean execution [the words Piers Morgan can replace caravanners if you wish]

My daughter should be forced to house me for the last 22 years of my life, just so she can see what a bloody nuisance it is having someone treat the place like a hotel [that will only be unpopular with one person, but I had to say it :) ]
  • Options
    GrizzyDeeGrizzyDee Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tombstone wrote: »
    Cat owners are mad.
    They sure are. Any sane person living with a cat will know the cat owns them, not the other way around :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MamboJimbo wrote: »
    Me too.
    Me three :D
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele annoys me, her songs make me think 'oh shut up you whiney wench, no wonder you're single'

Climate change sceptics....by all means doubt the motive behind the goverments energy agenda (ie an excuse to tax us) but you're a moron for using that as an excuse to not care, or rubbish the massively overwhelming scientifc evidence which points to an unnatural rate of warming.

Not everyone is clever enough to attend university or do the job they love. That's why we have endless amounts of people refusing to take jobs as they're after the ideal 20 hours a week £40k job which doesn't exist if your skillset consists of the ability to stack shelves. We're tying ourselves in knots trying to fool every school leaver into thinking they can become a mutlicorporation CEO.

Pregnant mothers can't realistically expect to take a year or two of work and then be first in line for promotion over the people that didn't spend the last two years at home. Tight but that's society....it's not fair either way.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being single is not a reason to have an abortion.
  • Options
    MamboJimboMamboJimbo Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    Being single is not a reason to have an abortion.
    Wanting an abortion is reason enough to have an abortion.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liloleme wrote: »
    Well you're popular with me.
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    And me!
    Me too.
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Me three :D

Wow, I'm surprised. I've only been here a few weeks but it seemed to me only a small minority of the members here have liberal views.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think is a popular opinion not unpopular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Delete
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people drawing JSA could find work if they really wanted to.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Adele's voice. Her music is also incredibly boring.

I never understood the hate towards Heather Mills.
  • Options
    LilolemeLiloleme Posts: 5,839
    Forum Member

Two more I agree with.
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member

I definitely agree with the second one.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

emby wrote: »
    I definitely agree with the second one.

I don't think Paul McCartney himself is far off agreeing either. Apparently, he's really upset with his new wife. She spends twice as much on shoes as the last one did.
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tombstone wrote: »

Cheryl Cole is ugly.

Cyclists do not have the moral high ground.

Benefit receivers should have separate queues for post offices/shops etc. I work and my time is far more important - they have all day to queue.

]

Great post and VERY unpopular opinions but I share these three (sorry, PC won't let me put them in bold for some reason). To the third one, I would add stay-at-home mums and OAP's who have the whole day free but choose to clog up the queues during the lunch period, which is the only time available to those of us who work to subsidise them.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority of Britons are too 'proud', lazy and stupid to get a job as a cleaner or another 'low level' menial job.

The Only Way Is Essex and Made In Chelsea are brilliant entertainment programmes.

Everyone, no matter what they say, goes for looks primarily and the personality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Seth MacFarlane is a smug unfunny pratt who just created a sitcom that was a blatant clone of the Simpsons mixed with a diluted South Park style of crass humour. He also just creates other weirder clones of his clone-show which he oversees until he gets bored then moves on again.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    Right. Time for a few more. Probably a bit random, but lets go...

Anyone who pre-orders the X-factor winners single before they know a) who won, b) what they are singing and c) if they like it should have a lifetime ban on music purchasing. You clearly don’t actually care enough to like actual music, so you cannot be allowed to have an influence on what becomes popular (and therefore infests my radio & TV)

Modern art is more interesting than ‘classic’ art. While I appreciate the skill, the Mona Lisa left me going ‘Meh’. I got far more out a visit to the Tate Modern than I did from the National Gallery.

And while we’re at it “That’s not art” is not a valid criticism. You may not like it, it may not be (subjectively) very good, but as soon as the artist and one observer call it art, then it is.

People who are proud of the fact they know nothing about football or pop music or reality TV (or anything else considered low-brow or common) are just showing themselves up for the limited snobs they really are.

And so is anyone who stops liking a band/artist as soon as they become popular. I’m happy when bands I like get big, as it increases the chance of hearing a decent song on the radio.

Beyonce has a really harsh, whiny voice. It cuts right through me.

And Rihanna has gone that way too. Oh, and leave your clothes on please love :P

And using RiRi or SuBo (or LiLo) to describe any celebrity just marks you out as a div. They have names. They’re not that long. Use them. I mean, RiRi – really, is an extra syllable going to be so hard to say.

All ‘alternative’ medicines should be required to demonstrate their efficacy in a properly controlled trial or be removed from sale.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who confuses the words "loose" and "lose" is a complete div.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Adele annoys me, her songs make me think 'oh shut up you whiney wench, no wonder you're single'

Climate change sceptics....by all means doubt the motive behind the goverments energy agenda (ie an excuse to tax us) but you're a moron for using that as an excuse to not care, or rubbish the massively overwhelming scientifc evidence which points to an unnatural rate of warming.

Not everyone is clever enough to attend university or do the job they love. That's why we have endless amounts of people refusing to take jobs as they're after the ideal 20 hours a week £40k job which doesn't exist if your skillset consists of the ability to stack shelves. We're tying ourselves in knots trying to fool every school leaver into thinking they can become a mutlicorporation CEO.

Agreed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this thread!

I've never ever fancied Johnny Depp. In fact I find him sloppy and greasy (pronounced to rhyme with 'sneezy')
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who are against homosexual marriage, adoption and IVF deserve be beaten up. Maybe even to an inch of their life.

Its 2011, not 1911... times change.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    IVF should only be available on the NHS to couples who have previously adopted a child.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abortion is murder.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,909
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=53757996#post53757996
    This discussion has been closed.